List of The Fosters episodes
The Fosters is an American drama series on Freeform (then known as ABC Family) that premiered on June 3, 2013. The series follows the lives of Lena Adams (Sherri Saum) and Stef Foster (Teri Polo), the Fosters, who are an interracial, lesbian couple living in the Mission Bay area of San Diego, raising Stef's biological son, Brandon (David Lambert), along with adopted twins, Jesus (Jake T. Austin/Noah Centineo) and Mariana (Cierra Ramirez). Lena is a charter school vice principal and Stef is a police officer. Lena decides to take in "troubled" teenager Callie (Maia Mitchell) and her younger brother Jude (Hayden Byerly), who have endured a series of abusive foster homes. The show resumed its second season on January 19, 2015. The series was renewed for a third season on January 13. The third season began on June 8, 2015, with the second half premiering on January 25, 2016 on Freeform.
On November 30, 2015, Freeform announced that the series was renewed for a fourth season, which premiered on June 20, 2016. The second half of the fourth season premiered on January 31, 2017, replacing the timeslot for Pretty Little Liars. On January 10, 2017, Freeform announced that the series was renewed for a fifth season, which will start airing on July 11, 2017. As of April 11, 2017, 82 episodes of The Fosters have aired, concluding the fourth season.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||21||June 3, 2013||March 24, 2014|
|2||21||June 16, 2014||March 23, 2015|
|3||20||June 8, 2015||March 28, 2016|
|4||20||June 20, 2016||April 11, 2017|
|5||18||July 11, 2017||March 2018|
Season 1 (2013–14)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||1||"Pilot"||Timothy Busfield||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||June 3, 2013||1.42|
|Lena meets a troubled teen named Callie and asks her to temporarily move in with her family. In Lena's home, Callie meets Lena's partner Stef, who is a police officer. They head up a multiethnic family composed of Stef's biological son, Brandon, and fraternal latin twins, Jesus and Mariana. Callie quickly sneaks away from school with Brandon to find her younger brother Jude at his foster home. After a confrontation with the abusive foster father, who pulls out a gun, Lena and Stef arrive to help Callie, Brandon, and Jude.|
|2||2||"Consequently"||Timothy Busfield||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||June 10, 2013||1.70|
|Lena and Stef decide to not punish Brandon for cutting school to help Callie, but Mike, Brandon's father, disagrees and demands to have more say when it comes to parenting his son, causing a discussion with Lena. Jesus puts his health at risk while trying to help Mariana and develops a secret relationship with his sister's best friend, Lexi. Callie gets in trouble because of Mariana's transgression. Also, Jude, Callie's little brother, moves in with Lena and Stef.|
|3||3||"Hostile Acts"||Melanie Mayron||David Ehrman||June 17, 2013||1.25|
|Mike wants Brandon to move in with him and Callie meets a new friend called Wyatt. Mariana does not want Lexi to date Jesus. Talya, Brandon's girlfriend, finds out about one of Callie's biggest secrets.|
|4||4||"Quinceañera"||Joanna Kerns||Joanna Johnson||June 24, 2013||1.89|
|It's Mariana's quinceañera, so Lena's mom comes to visit. Talya is jealous about Callie's connection with Brandon and Mariana discovers Jesus and Lexi's relationship. Stef and Lena are surprised when they find out that Mariana wants to dance with Mike at her quinceañera rather than with her moms. Callie and Wyatt get closer.|
|5||5||"The Morning After"||Bethany Rooney||Paul Sciarrotta||July 1, 2013||1.78|
|Stef and Lena discuss their lack of romance. Meanwhile, Jesus and Lexi have unprotected sex and Brandon is jealous about Callie and Wyatt.|
|6||6||"Saturday"||Norman Buckley||Marissa Jo Cerar||July 8, 2013||1.77|
|Lena and Stef have a debating dinner with Jesus, Lexi's parents, and Stef's conservative father, Frank. Callie attends a therapy session for foster children. Meanwhile, Brandon has an important piano audition and Mike ruins it. Callie knows more about Wyatt.|
|7||7||"The Fallout"||Jeff Melman||Story by : Zoila Amelia Galeano
Teleplay by : Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige
|July 15, 2013||1.79|
|Lexi makes a desperate decision, Lena wants Callie to participate in her therapy sessions, and Jude tries to impress his friend Connor. Lexi's parents punish her when they find out the truth about her and Jesus|
|8||8||"Clean"||Millicent Shelton||Story by : David Ehrman & Paul Sciarrotta
Teleplay by : David Ehrman
|July 22, 2013||1.89|
|Lena's ex-girlfriend comes to visit and reveals a secret. Callie wants to help Talya when an embarrassing video of her is circulating around the school. Jesus and Mariana want Ana, their biological mother, to leave them alone.|
|9||9||"Vigil"||David Paymer||Joanna Johnson||July 29, 2013||1.87|
|Stef has been shot and it's not a minor wound. Flashbacks are used to tell the history of how Lena and Stef met and how the family was formed. Callie opens up to Brandon about her dead mother. Ana is arrested. Wyatt realizes Callie is in love with Brandon. Brandon confronts Mike about his drinking problem. Jesus gets Ana into a homeless shelter.|
|10||10||"I Do"||James Hayman||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||August 5, 2013||2.07|
|It's Stef and Lena's wedding, but Frank won't show up. Lena's mother, Dana, and Stef's mother, Sharon, argue about the wedding. Callie ruins everything for Jude when she kissed Brandon, so she makes a decision to run away so Jude can get adopted without her. She wanted him to be happy.|
|11||11||"The Honeymoon"||James Hayman||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||January 13, 2014||1.92|
|After Callie runs away, the family try to find her. Jude is angry with Brandon about what he did the day of the wedding, so he feels even more guilty about Callie running away. Mariana discovers that Lexi is traveling to Honduras for ever.|
|12||12||"House and Home"||Martha Mitchell||Joanna Johnson||January 20, 2014||2.14|
|Callie joins a group home after committing a crime. Brandon tells the truth about the reason Callie ran away. Meanwhile, Mariana helps with the school play to impress a guy named Chase. Jesus tries out for the wrestling team.|
|13||13||"Things Unsaid"||Joanna Kerns||Marissa Jo Cerar||January 27, 2014||1.88|
|Stef and Lena take measures to keep Brandon and Callie apart. Meanwhile, Jesus has problems in the wrestling team. Kelsey, Mariana's friend, reveals a secret of Mariana's past.|
|14||14||"Family Day"||Elodie Keene||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||February 3, 2014||1.80|
|Lena wants to become pregnant, but she has not spoken with Stef about it. Jesus and Emma, a girl of the wrestling team, flirt with each other. Meanwhile, The Fosters visit Callie in the group home and learn she may not be returning with them after all.|
|15||15||"Padre"||Millicent Shelton||Story by : Tamara P. Carter
Teleplay by : Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige
|February 10, 2014||1.83|
|Frank's death brings up some painful memories for Callie and Jude. Meanwhile, Jesus and Emma's relationship grows up, Stef knows about Lena's secret, and Mike gets in trouble. Callie decides to move back in with the Fosters|
|16||16||"Us Against The World"||Lee Rose||Kelly Fullerton||February 17, 2014||1.68|
|Brandon learns Mike has a new girlfriend, Dani, and Brandon goes to great lengths to pay Mike back for piano lessons. Stef has to testify in court about what happened the night she was shot. Her decision about what to say could threaten her job. Meanwhile, Callie makes a change to win back the trust of her loved ones and Mariana wants to steal Chase's attention away from Kelsey.|
|17||17||"Kids in the Hall"||Michael Grossman||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||February 24, 2014||1.48|
|Callie use her photography skills for a good cause. Meanwhile, Brandon gets in trouble, Mariana deals with some bad consequences, and tension comes for Emma and Jesus.|
|18||18||"Escapes and Reversals"||Melanie Mayron||Story by : Joanna Johnson
Teleplay by : Thomas Higgins
|March 3, 2014||1.51|
|Lexi comes back and Jesus has to make a decision. Mariana knows about Zac's, a friend, home life with his mother and Callie suspects Brandon is involved in a bad situation.|
|19||19||"Don't Let Go"||Zetna Fuentes||Story by : Marissa Jo Cerar & Zoila Amelia Galeano
Teleplay by : Kelly Fullerton & Marissa Jo Cerar
|March 10, 2014||1.21|
|Callie's encounter with her father leaves her confused. Meanwhile, Lena and Stef come to a major decision, Jesus struggles with his ADHD medication, and Mariana gets an invitation from Zac's mom.|
|20||20||"Metropolis"||Martha Mitchell||Joanna Johnson||March 17, 2014||1.20|
|The high school's Winter Ball is coming and Jesus and Mariana worry about their dates, Callie is nominated for Winter Queen, and Ana comes back with bad news.|
|21||21||"Adoption Day"||Norman Buckley||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||March 24, 2014||1.29|
|Callie and Jude are getting adopted, but a problem interrupts it. Jude gets asked out on a date and Brandon makes another bad decision that he will regret. Lena reveals a secret to Stef. Callie gets an unexpected visit.|
Season 2 (2014–15)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|22||1||"Things Unknown"||Norman Buckley||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||June 16, 2014||1.47|
|It's a big day for Callie as her future with the Fosters hinges on the revelation that Donald is not her birth father. What happens next could threaten to separate Callie and Jude once again. Brandon struggles to recover and come to terms with his guilt over sleeping with Dani, and big questions still remain about what Mike was up to the night Ana disappeared. Meanwhile, Jesus and Emma's relationship impacts Emma's standing with her teammates, which causes tension between them. Mariana has dyed her hair blonde, much to Stef's dismay.|
|23||2||"Take Me Out"||Elodie Keene||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||June 23, 2014||1.45|
|Brandon contemplates the big decision of whether to get a surgery that could either restore or destroy his dream of playing piano, but Stef and Lena find themselves on opposite ends of the debate. Timothy is asked to represents the teachers on the search committee for the new principal. Robert Quinn requests a DNA test of Callie. The Foster siblings plot to cheer Brandon up by taking him out to see a band and he butts heads with the sexy lead singer Lou. His former classmate, Mat, suggests Brandon to help write music for their band. Meanwhile, Stef confronts Mike about his whereabouts the night Ana disappeared. A mysterious stranger keeps tabs on Callie, and Callie is faced with a choice that could further complicate her life. An encounter with Connor's dad, Adam Stevens, creates a rift in Jude and Connor's friendship. And Jesus begins to feel threatened by Emma's independent spirit. Brandon decides to wait a while for the surgery. Callie finds out the stranger is Robert Quinn and reads a letter from Sophia who is supposedly Callie's sister.|
|24||3||"Play"||Martha Mitchell||Thomas Higgins||June 30, 2014||1.37|
|Stef and Lena go on a babymoon, leaving Brandon and Callie in charge of the house. Brandon's bandmates pressure him into having a few friends over to hear their new sound, but when Mariana and Jesus find out, the night turns into an all-out rager. Determined to follow Stef and Lena's rules, Callie tries to police to the party but fails miserably. Jude finds himself in an awkward game of spin the bottle. Meanwhile, Lena tries to reconnect with Stef, who is finding it hard to relax on their weekend getaway.|
|25||4||"Say Something"||Zetna Fuentes||Kathleen McGhee-Anderson||July 7, 2014||1.42|
|Callie makes an important decision to address the hold-up in her adoption face on, but Jude may be more affected by her choice than he lets show. Things heat up between Callie and Wyatt, but Callie realizes she may not be emotionally ready to take the next step. Lena vies for the Principal's job at Anchor Beach, which causes some friction in her already rocky relationship with Timothy. When the dance team holds auditions for a new member, Mariana questions why she was chosen to join the team, and she doesn't like the answer.|
|26||5||"Truth Be Told"||Ron Lagomarsino||Kelly Fullerton||July 14, 2014||1.61|
|Brandon's band go on a hike as they seek inspiration. Meanwhile, Callie worries about Jude and how her actions have affected him; Stef debates about whether to proceed with her investigation regarding Ana; and Emma reconsiders her breakup with Jesus.|
|27||6||"Mother"||Lee Rose||Joanna Johnson||July 21, 2014||1.51|
|A medical issue concerning Lena's pregnancy arises. Meanwhile, Wyatt turns to Brandon for advice; Mike tells Stef why he was at the halfway house on the night Ana vanished; and Mariana remains angry at Jesus for putting her in an awkward position.|
|28||7||"The Longest Day"||Nzingha Stewart||Marissa Jo Cerar||July 28, 2014||1.44|
|Brandon reveals his secret about sleeping with Dani to Stef and Mike. Elsewhere, Callie brings Jude along as she visits the Quinn's yacht; Jesus struggles with relationship issues; and Mariana's lack of confidence jeopardizes her dance-team performance.|
|29||8||"Girls Reunited"||Daisy Mayer||Story by : Joanna Johnson
Teleplay by : Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige
|August 4, 2014||1.38|
|Callie returns to Girls United and something goes terribly wrong. Also, it is date night at the Fosters house. Stef receives a letter from Ana.|
|30||9||"Leaky Faucets"||Lee Rose||Story by : Cristian Martinez
Teleplay by : Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige
|August 11, 2014||1.35|
|All the kids manage to go to the same Mexican Street festival. Callie has a relapse of her panic attacks as Ana tries to correct her past mistakes with help from Mike.|
|31||10||"Someone's Little Sister"||Norman Buckley||Joanna Johnson||August 18, 2014||1.48|
|After the fire at Girls United, the girls face a challenge so Callie asks Robert for help. Connor is pressured by his father to dissolve his friendship with Jude. Brandon and Lou have some tension. Jesus learns something new about Hayley. Due to the pressure of Mr. Stevens, Lena quits her job.|
|32||11||"Christmas Past"||Norman Buckley||Joanna Johnson||December 8, 2014||1.93|
|Brandon reminisces about the family's last Christmas. Stef feels her mom is being overgenerous. Jude tries to over compensate because he was adopted over Callie. Jesus joins a house-decoration contest. Lena's parents spend Christmas with Lena's half brother, Nathan.|
|33||12||"Over Under"||Peter Paige||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||January 19, 2015||1.45|
|Stef and Lena take different sides on several issues; Brandon is invited to attend a music program.|
|34||13||"Stay"||Elodie Keene||Marissa Jo Cerar||January 26, 2015||1.20|
|After being put in an unfit foster home, Kiara contacts Callie for help, but she soon realizes Kiara isn't being entirely open. Mariana tops her class in a test and is invited to compete at the STEM. Meanwhile, Brandon attempts to convince his parents to go on tour with his band. Jesus reveals a secret to Hayley.|
|35||14||"Mother Nature"||Martha Mitchell||Thomas Higgins||February 2, 2015||1.26|
|The Adams Fosters family go on a camping trip in the wilderness. Jesus cannot hold back his secret, whereas Brandon and Callie attempt to move on whilst Jude cannot stand how he's being treated by the family.|
|36||15||"Light of Day"||Ron Lagomarsino||Wade Solomon & Megan Lynn||February 9, 2015||1.24|
|Callie connects with Robert whilst Brandon tries to convince his mom to let him go on tour. With Ana's current situation, Mariana fears it will ruin the family. Jude and Connor go on a double date.|
|37||16||"If You Only Knew"||Aprill Winney||Kelly Fullerton||February 16, 2015||1.28|
|Callie encourages Daphne to visit her daughter, but both fear their actions from their past will be brought to light. Things go wrong when Brandon and his band play at a "pharm" party. Mariana pushes her moms to contemplate Ana's proposition. Meanwhile, Jesus is given a chance to attend the top wrestling school.|
|38||17||"The Silence She Keeps"||Melanie Mayron||Cristian Martinez & Dan Richter||February 23, 2015||1.25|
|Callie keeps a secret from Stef and Lena whilst the moms struggle with a recent decision Callie made. Lena is put in the middle between Monte and Timothy when he refuses to follow the school's orders. Mariana attempts to use a new way to invite dancers into her dance team.|
|39||18||"Now Hear This"||Rob Morrow||Thomas Higgins||March 2, 2015||1.23|
|Mariana struggles with the recent drama in the Fosters' home so she focuses on organizing a student protest. Meanwhile, Callie finds out that Kiara has returned to San Diego, but not in the way they'd like her to be. She does everything she can do to help her friend, even if it means disobeying Stef's orders. Jude confronts Connor about their complicated relationship.|
|40||19||"Justify the Means"||Jay Karas||Joanna Johnson||March 9, 2015||1.14|
|Stef discovers a new way to adopt Callie and tells Callie and Lena about this, but it turns out she isn't being as straight-forward as they think she is. Lena keeps a secret from Stef about expanding the family. Meanwhile, Brandon is offered a chance to become a classical musician. Jude faces consequences for sneaking out to be with Connor.|
|41||20||"Not that Kind of Girl"||Lee Rose||Story by : Kris Q. Rehl
Teleplay by : Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige
|March 16, 2015||1.32|
|Callie and Mariana are confronted by their pasts. Callie faces Liam once again after finding out that he has stolen her identity and been using it to purchase expensive purses and products online with credit cards in her name, causing a delay in her emancipation. Meanwhile, Mariana meets her grand parents and tells them about Ana having a baby. During this, Jude faces the consequences of a bad decision after Connor is shot. Tired of his father ragging on him, Connor comes clean about his sexuality and his father refuses to allow Jude to see him, but a friend helps them communicate. Lena confesses to Monte about the troubles at home and her doubts about her marriage.|
|42||21||"The End of the Beginning"||Zetna Fuentes||Joanna Johnson and Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||March 23, 2015||1.45|
Callie visits Robert's house for her required weekend time where she meets up again with Sophia as well as meeting Robert's father. He gives both Callie and Robert new perspectives on each other where he also makes it clear that he disagrees with Robert forcing Callie to live with him. Robert, after a meaningful conversation with Callie, he decides to sign his parental rights to Lena and Stef. Jude goes to the hospital to see Connor despite Mr. Stevens banning him from seeing him, but Jude runs into Mr. Stevens. After he calls Lena, Jude tells her about his and Connor's true relationship, and that Connor came out as gay to his dad. This news prompts Lena to explain to Mr. Stevens that keeping Jude and Connor away from each other will not change his son's sexuality and he can only learn to accept it. Meanwhile, Mariana prepares for the crucial dance-team showdown, but sprains her ankle. Now that her team is short one member, she comes up with a creative way to make up for the lost sixth member. On their way home with Ana, Mariana and Jesus realize Ana has gone into labor. As they try to make it to the hospital, a car slams into the side of their car, causing an accident.Note: Jake T. Austin leaves the cast and makes his last appearance.
Season 3 (2015–16)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|43||1||"Wreckage"||Peter Paige||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||June 8, 2015||1.26|
|The Fosters deal with the aftermath of the car accident and Jesus goes to boarding school. Stef uses her police skills to catch the driver. Meanwhile, Callie meets AJ, a runaway, who drops in at the center, looking for his older brother. Brandon begins a program at Idyllwild Music Program, but he faces serious competition. Jude confesses to Connor that he prefers keeping their relationship a secret.|
|44||2||"Father's Day"||Aprill Winney||Joanna Johnson||June 15, 2015||0.97|
|The Fosters spend Father's Day with Mike and Adam. Adam learns that everyone at school knows that Connor, his son, is gay and condemns him for it. Meanwhile, Callie spends Father's Day with Robert and learns that Sophia, her half-sister, is living with her mother after her parents announced their separation. Due to Donald's involvement in the death of Callie and Jude's mother, Callie disapproves of joining Jude for Father's Day. Stef and Lena suggest to Mike that he adopt AJ.|
|45||3||"Déjà Vu"||Charlie Stratton||Thomas Higgins||June 22, 2015||1.00|
|Stef tells Lena that she spotted Monte, Lena's boss, at a gay bar and questions whether she knows Monte is gay. The moms set up Monte with Stef's friend Jenna, but Lena feels conflicted. Meanwhile, both Callie and Brandon dislike AJ spending so much time in Brandon's room and witness him stealing a valuable object of Brandon's. In the end, he returns it but Brandon catches him in the act. Also, Jude and Connor have trouble moving on from the shooting, so they decide to visit a shooting range with Stef.|
|46||4||"More Than Words"||Daisy Mayer||Marissa Jo Cerar||June 29, 2015||1.18|
|Lena's parents come over for a visit and announce that her half-brother, Nate, will be joining them with his new girlfriend. Lena, demanding an apology for his racist comments, tries to convince her mother, Dana, to tell her father but feels conflicted after learning Nate's new girlfriend is black. However, she refuses. At the dinner, Dana agrees that he owes them an apology. Lena's father demands to know what is going on and learns the truth. Nate, who in the past felt abandoned by his father, accuses him of always choosing his other family over him and leaves. Meanwhile, Cole invites Callie to a LGBT prom. Cole, having shown interest in Callie, kisses her. Connor and Jude join them at the party, however, Jude refuses to label himself as gay when Connor is open about it. While this initially leads to problems between the two, Cole helps Jude see the power of labels and Jude officially calls himself as gay to Connor, mending their relationship.|
|47||5||"Going South"||Elodie Keene||Michael MacLennan||July 6, 2015||1.30|
|Having received received her driver's license in the previous episode, Callie now forces Brandon to go to Mexico with her. Meanwhile, the moms find a pregnancy test in the trash and believe Callie is pregnant with Brandon's baby. Mariana reveals the test is hers and that she had sex with Wyatt. Stef, after some convincing from Oscar, their contractor, agrees to marriage counseling.|
|48||6||"It's My Party"||Kees Van Oostrum||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||July 13, 2015||1.30|
|It's Callie's 17th birthday. Jude plans a surprise party for her and invites the girls from Girls United, Wyatt, and Rafael. After getting her driver's license, Mariana and Callie settle on buying a car. At the birthday party, Robert presents his daughter his gift: a car. She declines and encourages him to talk to Sophia after the reveal that he had been having an affair. Robert is still uncomfortable. However, Stef makes him realize otherwise. Callie becomes uncomfortable with the birthday party and says that she wishes it hadn't happened. Jude hears it and lashes out at his sister, saying that when she was a child she would always celebrate her birthday. Callie apologizes. Wyatt reveals to Callie that he slept with Mariana, which angers Callie. She confronts Mariana, who apologizes. Meanwhile, Brandon becomes more suspicious about AJ when he phones someone. At the party, Brandon goes through his phone and discovers that AJ had been phoning his brother and lashes out at him. Mike condemns Brandon for starting the fight and his son reveals the truth. However, Mike doesn't want to hear it and Brandon leaves. Mike later apologizes and reassures him that he loves him. In the end, AJ presents a gift to Callie. In the heat of the moment, AJ kisses her but pulls back and apologizes. Callie dismisses his apology and kisses him back, all the while Stef is watching from the kitchen window.|
|49||7||"Faith, Hope, Love"||Jann Turner||Cristian Martinez & Kris Q. Rehl||July 20, 2015||1.33|
|To separate Callie and AJ after the kiss, Rita makes plans for AJ to move into her house. AJ meets up with his brother, Ty, who wants AJ to leave town with him and tells him not to trust Mike's intentions. While parking her new car, Callie and AJ are arrested for ‘stealing’ the car her and Mariana bought earlier. Brandon composes a unique piano piece and shows it to his friend at Idyllwild to get advise, but he ends up copying it and presenting it as his own. He tells Brandon that he isn’t a threat and that’s why he brought him back. Mariana, wanting to be her sister’s godmother, is pushed by Victor to join the Catholic church. Initially, Mariana agrees to but decides not to because she doesn’t agree with their message. Ana tells everyone that she doesn’t feel like a good mom—Lena revealing she may have PPD. Mariana stands up for Ana to Ana’s parents. Lena reveals to Stef that she still isn’t over losing her own baby. Later, a social worker comes to the house and reveals that she won’t support Callie’s adoption until she figures out her situation with Brandon.|
|50||8||"Daughters"||Chandra Wilson||Elle Johnson||August 3, 2015||1.23|
|Callie, now living with Rita, unexpectedly meets Rita’s daughter, Chloe. Before she leaves, Chloe accuses Rita of being a bad mother and Rita accuses Chloe of being off her medication. The next time she comes over to argue, Rita slaps her. Callie and Brandon are separately interviewed by the social worker, where they accidentally provide different answers. Through this, Brandon discovers the real reason AJ was supposed to move out and confronts Lena and Stef about not treating the situation with AJ the same as they did for Brandon. He reveals that he isn’t happy about it, and everyone knows about their marital issues. After reflecting, Stef apologizes to Brandon for underestimating him and not treating him the same as the other kids. Lena feels that Stef is ignoring their issues by cancelling therapy and hiring a plumber who may like her. After an outburst by Jude at school, Lena reveals her doubts to Monte. Meanwhile, Stef is looking for the hit-and-run driver, and discovers that the owner’s previously ruled out son may be connected after all. At Girls United, Rita breaks up a fight between Carmen and Brooke, which ends in Carmen getting hit. Both Carmen and Brooke agree that Rita hit Carmen, and Rita is arrested. Callie, after learning that her app may cause problems for other foster kids if they speak out, shares her own story, asking others to do the same. That night, Brandon waits outside Girls United but leaves before he can talk to Callie.|
|51||9||"Idyllwild"||Joanna Johnson||Joanna Johnson||August 10, 2015||1.06|
|The episode begins the night before the performance at Idyllwild, the competition that determines which composer will perform at Disney Hall. Jenna's friend lets the entire family stay in a cabin right next to Idyllwild. The next day Brandon took a huge risk and decided to play his own piece. Monte breakes up with Jenna, who believes that she is in love with Lena, and that night, Stef finds out about Lena's kiss. Callie sends a voice recording that clears Carmen's charges against Rita. However, this recording also reveals to Rita that Brandon and Callie kissed on the day of the Girls United fundraiser, and because of this, Callie assumes she will not be adopted and decides to have sex with Brandon.|
|52||10||"Lucky"||Peter Paige||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||August 17, 2015||1.24|
Callie's adoption reaches a critical stage while Lena and Stef continue to have marital issues. After his father continues to be unaccepting, Connor considers moving to Los Angeles to live with his mother. Stef and Lena ultimately make up. After an impassioned speech to a judge, Callie is officially adopted by the Adams-Foster family. While initially upset by Connor's choice, Jude decides to support him after hearing Callie tell the judge about how much having a loving family means to her. Jude and Connor promise to maintain a long-distance relationship and admit they love each other for the first time. Returning home, they are surprised to find Jesus waiting for them, claiming to be back to surprise them for Callie's adoption. He soon, however, confides in Mariana that he can't return to boarding school.Note: Noah Centineo joins the cast and makes his first appearance.
|53||11||"First Impressions"||Peter Paige||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||January 25, 2016||1.05|
|Callie gives a presentation on her 'Fost and Found' app and catches the attention of an investor who works in foster care. Stef finds out that AJ's brother, Ty, was the one behind the accident and that Mike was planning on burying the evidence on the heels of the death of thebrothers' grandmother. Meanwhile, Ty asks AJ to run away with him since he knows that the police have found a trail. Lexi is back in town, which throws Mariana off-kilter as she had become close to Emma while Lexi was away. Lexi is also showing a rekindled interest in Jesus. Brandon has a chance to audition for a spot at Juilliard but is reluctant to tell his family because of its recent financial woes. Stef's mother is concerned about Stef's health.|
|54||12||"Mixed Messages"||Rich Newey||Thomas Higgins||February 1, 2016||0.79|
|Brandon and Callie panic and argue when they learn their secret may have been exposed. Brandon also might have a potential new love interest. Lena and Sharon, Stef's mother, argue about treatments for Stef. Meanwhile, both Lexi and Mariana run for junior class president, which creates some tension, culminating in a nasty debate at school. Mike goes to the funeral of AJ's grandmother, after learning that AJ had left him to be with his brother.|
|55||13||"If and When"||Elodie Keene||Anne Meredith||February 8, 2016||0.84|
|Callie learns that Jude is spending time with a quirky teen they met at a foster youth event. Brandon and Matt have a disagreement over the musical they are writing for their senior project. Jesus attempts to learn the identity of his birth father.|
|56||14||"Under Water"||Ron Lagomarsino||Joanna Johnson||February 15, 2016||0.81|
|After Callie and Jude discover Jack is being abused by other boys in his group foster home, so they turn to foster care advocate, Justina, for help. Jesus tries to get to know Gabriel at work better. Nick urges Jesus to tell Gabriel the truth about who he is. Mariana is surprised when Nick asks her out.|
|57||15||"Minor Offenses"||Rob Morrow||Michael MacLennan||February 22, 2016||0.79|
|When Stef and Lena discover Callie wants to film an endorsement ad supporting a new foster care reform bill, they express concern, prompting Callie to seek out Rita for support. Hoping to impress Mariana, Nick turns to Jesus for advice on planning their first date. Stef recovers from a medical procedure.|
|58||16||"EQ"||Anne Renton||Anne Meredith||February 29, 2016||0.67|
|Brandon’s senior thesis is in jeopardy when a student raises concerns about the play glorifying suicide. This results in the school honor board having to vote on whether or not the Romeo and Juliet musical can be performed at Anchor Beach. Rita’s (guest star Rosie O’Donnell) daughter Chloe reaches out to Callie after Rita refuses to take her calls. As part of a Youth Outreach Program Stef teaches a class on handling emotions.|
|59||17||"Sixteen"||Elodie Keene||Marissa Jo Cerar||March 7, 2016||0.84|
|Jesus is upset after his plans for a low key birthday are overtaken by Mariana, who plans a huge dance party instead. Jude is excited by the prospect of a weekend visit with Connor. Callie and Brandon agree to a truce by agreeing not to bring their new significant others home or to family functions.|
|60||18||"Rehearsal"||Norman Buckley||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||March 14, 2016||0.73|
|Callie affirms for the benefit of Daphne with an end goal to help her recover her little girl, however when the judge puts off his decision, Callie feels committed to help Daphne locate a steady employment, which is one of the judge's necessities to recapture authority.|
|61||19||"The Show"||Bradley Bredeweg||Story by : Joanna Johnson
Teleplay by : Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige
|March 21, 2016||0.80|
|Mat and Mariana's actual affections for each other surface the premiere night of Brandon's rock musical; Stef makes an unfortunate disclosure at an aggressive behavior home call.|
|62||20||"Kingdom Come"||Joanna Johnson||Story by : Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige
Teleplay by : Joanna Johnson
|March 28, 2016||0.77|
|An awful misfortune unites the family. Regardless of Callie's faltering, Justina pushes ahead with the Fost and Found dispatch party. Brandon tells his mothers that Cortney has a child.|
Season 4 (2016–17)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|63||1||"Potential Energy"||Rob Morrow||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||June 20, 2016||0.91|
|Anchor Beach is on lockdown when Mariana's boyfriend, Nick, enters the school with a gun after witnessing her kissing her ex, Mat. Meanwhile, Callie goes through the aftermath of having told her moms about her and Brandon.|
|64||2||"Safe"||Rob Morrow||Joanna Johnson||June 27, 2016||1.05|
|The Adams Foster family is on high alert when Nick is still on the run after his stunt at school. Stef orders the family to take a break from all social media while she tries to catch Nick. Meanwhile, Stef and Lena decide what to do with Brandon and Callie.|
|65||3||"Trust"||Elodie Keene||Anne Meredith||July 11, 2016||0.80|
|Following the lockdown, the school opens again. Mariana is accused for Nick's actions and Callie is suspended after assaulting a student. Meanwhile, Lena struggles feeling safe again and Emma and Jesus get tested for STDs and he waits anxiously for the results.|
|66||4||"Now for Then"||Silas Howard||Constance M. Burge||July 18, 2016||0.82|
|In the previous episode Jesus waits anxiously for his STD result and the news are not good. Callie starts on her senior project and takes pictures of her former foster homes. She runs into Liam's mother, who accuses her of destroying her family. While visiting another foster home, Callie discovers her former foster brother, Kyle, is in juvie on murder charges. Brandon and Cortney have a party at their home when she is served papers for custody. Meanwhile, Mariana visits Nick in prison.|
|67||5||"Forty"||Velvet Andrews Smith||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||July 25, 2016||0.84|
|Lena celebrates her 40th birthday while Jude finds a new boyfriend and Callie reunites with her former foster brother Kyle.|
|68||6||"Justify"||Kelli Williams||Cristian Martinez||August 1, 2016||0.93|
|Lena is pushed to the limit when she discovers secrets involving her family members, while Mariana gets pushed around by male STEM team members. Jesus wants to change his and Emma's relationship agreement, and Jude learns that Noah has a medical marijuana card.|
|69||7||"Highs and Lows"||Chandra Wilson||Kris Q. Rehl||August 8, 2016||0.80|
|Whilst covering for Gabe when he doesn't turn up for work on the garage Jesus hits himself in the forehead with a nail gun. Callie tells Noah's mom about him giving Jude marijuana. Emma agrees to be Jesus's girlfriend again when they're in the hospital. Stef and Lena need to sell the house to pay back Lena's father.|
|70||8||"Girl Code"||Aprill Winney||Story by : Dan Richter
Teleplay by : Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon
|August 15, 2016||0.88|
|the robot competition takes place making Mariana go on a power trip with Emma and Jesus trying to calm her down. Feeling threatened by the other superior teams the make some last minute changes. Lena and Stef continue trying to sell the house but having everyone around makes it difficult. Callie is told to keep away from Patrick Malloy. Brandon continues to practice for his Juilliard audition.|
|71||9||"New York"||Joanna Johnson||Joanna Johnson||August 22, 2016||0.88|
|Brandon goes to New York for his Juilliard audition. He breaks up with Courtney. They find a loophole to get out of selling the house. Mariana is angry when she discovers a secret from Lena's past.|
|72||10||"Collateral Damage"||Peter Paige||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||August 29, 2016||0.99|
|Mariana takes more of Jesus's ADHD pills and thinks she sees Nick. Callie presses to find Martha Johnson's true killer. She also tries to put another bill on the ballot to beat Justina's. They try to get signatures at Bayfest and go to see Brandon's reunion with his old band. Nick shows up and knocks out Jesus because he tried to protect Mariana after he and Emma told Stef Nick was there. Callie is in a car with a possible killer whilst Brandon can't go to Juilliard.|
|73||11||"Insult to Injury"||Rob Morrow||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||January 31, 2017||0.92|
|Callie gets in a confrontation with Troy inside his car, which results in their vehicle slamming into another. Callie checks on the other driver but then flees the scene of the accident when Troy chases after her. She laters decides to go into a police station to make a statement, not realizing that fleeing in the first place was a crime. Jude and Noah sneak onto a boat. Brandon says goodbye to Courtney. Meanwhile at the hospital, Jesus is in serious condition, while Lena discovers that Mariana has been taking Jesus's pills and gets her checked out.|
|74||12||"Dream a Little Dream"||Rob Morrow||Joanna Johnson||February 7, 2017||0.67|
|While unconscious, Jesus enters a dreamworld in which he encounters his family members. Callie finds herself in deep trouble when Troy claims that she caused the accident. She ends up in juvenile detention after being questioned without her parents present. Meanwhile, Brandon suspects that something might be going on with Mariana.|
|75||13||"Cruel and Unusual"||Norman Buckley||Anne Meredith||February 14, 2017||0.76|
|Fed up with all of the secrets in the household, Stef removes all of the doors from the kids' rooms. Robert shows up offering legal help for Callie, but Stef turns him down. In juvie, Callie comes across a guard who is bringing drugs into the facility. When he suspects that she knows what's going on, he gets her sent into solitary confinement. At her hearing, the judge decides to get her tried as an adult, though she's able to return home. Jesus is also returning home from the hospital. Brandon confronts both Matt and Mariana about her possibly being pregnant. When she says no, her and Brandon suspect that Emma actually might be.|
|76||14||"Doors and Windows"||Susan Flannery||Constance M. Burge||February 21, 2017||0.73|
|Mariana asks Emma about her possible pregnancy, which Natalie denies. Callie is still working on trying to gather a case against Troy for Martha's murder. Stef finds out that Callie had broken into someone's house. There is ongoing tension between AJ and Aaron. Brandon tries to help Jesus readjust through music therapy. Emma also ends up telling him that she's pregnant with Jesus's baby.|
|77||15||"Sex Ed"||Michael Medico||Kris Q. Rehl||February 28, 2017||0.66|
|Brandon accompanies Emma to a clinic, where she debates whether or not to get an abortion. Callie's senior project is put on display at school. Since Anchor Beach doesn't offer sex ed for LGBT youth, Jude decides to join a gay dating app and plans on meeting up with one of his matches.|
|78||16||"The Long Haul"||Bradley Bredeweg||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||March 14, 2017||0.71|
|Stef's mother comes for a visit and announces that she's engaged. Mariana suggests their backyard for a venue. Stef reluctantly agrees to hold their ceremony there in a matter of days, however, she is shocked when her mother tells her that she needs help getting out of the engagement. Callie spots AJ getting closer to another girl. Emma tells Brandon to give Jesus a letter, though he can't read it yet because of his brain injury. When he asks his grandmother to, she decides to leave out the part about the abortion.|
|79||17||"Diamond in the Rough"||Lily Mariye||Cristian Martinez||March 21, 2017||0.69|
|Stef is brought onto a new case at work and meets Diamond, a teenage prostitute who's reluctant to help them. Stef eventually gets her into Girls United, however, Diamond is still contacting her pimp via Callie's phone. When Callie sees AJ kissing another girl, she tries to rekindle their relationship. Mariana tries to help Jesus by getting her parents to agree to a treehouse building project as the twins' combined senior project. Mike wants to officially adopt AJ, but AJ tells him that he plans on moving in with his brother soon. Emma wants Brandon to get the letter back for her but Mariana catches him and she's let in on the secret.|
|80||18||"Dirty Laundry"||Laura Nisbet Peters||Megan Lynn & Wade Solomon||March 28, 2017||0.69|
|After being constantly bullied by boys in his class, Jude decides to get revenge, though Noah disapproves. Mariana tracks down Gabe but finds out that he's moving out of state for work. Callie's trial gets a date and in the meantime, she decides to join Aaron on a trip back home to visit his family, who still have a hard time accepting his transition. Callie and Aaron end up kissing. Jude also finds out information about Anchor Beach.|
|81||19||"Who Knows"||Joanna Johnson||Joanna Johnson||April 4, 2017||0.62|
|Stef and Lena confront Brandon about the letter they found regarding Emma. As Callie's trial nears, her parents and legal advisors implore her to follow their suggestion, though she is still adamant on bringing in DNA evidence to convict Troy. Stef insists they can't use it because it would mean Callie admitting she broke into someone's house. Stef questions Diamond about her pimp Russell, who later shows up to the group home to leave behind a phone for Diamond. Callie and Daphne catch her. When Emma shows Jesus an anonymous Twitter page with secrets posted about people at Anchor Beach, Jesus realizes that Mariana is behind it and is able to piece together that Emma was pregnant. When Callie visits Kyle again, she finds that he has gotten gang tattoos and claims that he was actually the murderer all along.|
|82||20||"Until Tomorrow"||Peter Paige||Bradley Bredeweg & Peter Paige||April 11, 2017||0.72|
|Callie is pressured to take a plea deal, which would result in her going to jail for three years. Stef and Mike look into the evidence and other footage again to see if they clear Callie. They end up concluding that Troy was most likely the murderer after all and get him to confess. However, when Callie tries to stop another girl from leaving with Diamond to go visit Russell, she offers herself up instead. Meanwhile, Jesus questions various people to try and get confirmation about Emma's pregnancy and his grandmother tells him what was in the missing letter. At the end of the episode, Daphne shows up at the home to let Stef know about Callie's whereabouts, while Callie is now in a hotel room alone with Russell.|
The Fosters: Girls United
At the start of the second part of the first season of The Fosters, a five-episode web series called The Fosters: Girls United was confirmed by ABC Family. It stars Maia Mitchell, Daffany Clark, Cherinda Kincherlow, Annamarie Kenoyer, Alicia Sixtos, Hayley Kiyoko, and Angela Gibbs. Girls United premiered on ABC Family's official YouTube account on February 3, 2014. Each episode runs approximately 5 minutes long.
|1||"Run Baby Run"||February 3, 2014|
|Gabi goes missing and Girls United counselor, Michelle, calls a meeting to ask if the girls know anything about where she may have run off to.|
|2||"Stab in the Back"||February 3, 2014|
|The girls discuss who of them can be pregnant.|
|3||"Got Your Back"||February 3, 2014|
|Callie and Kiara share some mutual secrets. Callie also discovers that Becka harms herself with a knife.|
|4||"Scorpion Kings"||February 3, 2014|
|Gabi's father visits the Girls United home for some information about Gabi.|
|5||"United We Stand"||February 3, 2014|
|Gabi comes back and reveals she went away because she has HIV.|
- "Jennifer Lopez, TV Show About Lesbian Couple Gets Green Light From ABC — AOL Music Blog". Associated Press. Blog.music.aol.com. August 24, 2012. Archived from the original on August 27, 2012. Retrieved November 2, 2012.
- Goldberg, Lesley (January 13, 2015). "ABC Family's 'The Fosters' Renewed for Third Season". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "ABC Family Targets "Becomers", Doubles Original Programming, Sets Development". Deadline. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Kissell, Rick (November 24, 2015). "ABC Family Sets Midseason Premiere Dates for ‘The Fosters’ & New Series ‘Recovery Road’". Variety. Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 30, 2015). "‘The Fosters’ Renewed For Season 4 By ABC Family". Deadline. Retrieved November 30, 2015.
- Dilip, Mangala (April 4, 2016). "'The Fosters' Season 4 episode 1 air date, spoilers: Jude questions his sexuality, co-creator Peter Paige promises 'best season yet'". International Business Times. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- "(#411) "Insult to Injury"". Futon Critic. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (January 10, 2017). "‘The Fosters’ Renewed For Season 5 By Freeform". Deadline. Retrieved April 15, 2017.
- Ausiello, Michael; Ausiello, Michael (March 6, 2017). "The Fosters, Shadowhunters, Stitchers Return Dates Set at Freeform". TVLine. Retrieved April 15, 2017.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings:NBA Basketball Dominates + 'Love & Hip Hop', 'Monday Night RAW', NHL Hockey, 'Teen Wolf' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (June 11, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: ‘Love & Hip Hop’ Wins Night, ‘WWE Raw’, ‘Teen Wolf’, ‘Major Crimes’ , ‘Switched at Birth’, ‘Longmire’ & More — Ratings". TV by the Numbers.
- "Monday's Cable Ratings: "WWE Raw," Stanley Cup Finals Top Charts". The Futon Critic. June 18, 2013. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (June 25, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Teen Wolf', Major Crimes', 'Longmire', 'Switched at Birth', 'Warehouse 13' & More — Ratings". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 2, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings:'Love and Hip Hop' Wins Night + 'Monday Night RAW', 'Hit the Floor', 'Fast N Loud', 'Real Housewives of OC' + More". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on June 26, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (July 10, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop' Leads + 'WWE RAW,' 'Switched at Birth,' 'Major Crimes,' 'Longmire' & More". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on June 26, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 16, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Home Run Derby' Wins Night + 'Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta', 'Monday Night RAW', 'Hit the Floor' & More". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (July 23, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Hit the Floor','Teen Wolf', 'Switched at Birth', 'The Fosters' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 30, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love and Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night + 'Hit the Floor', 'WWE Raw', 'American Pickers', 'Fast N Loud' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (August 6, 2013). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night, 'T.I. and Tiny', 'Teen Wolf', 'The Fosters', 'Major Crimes', 'Switched at Birth'& More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 14, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' & 'Love & Hip Hop' Tie for Lead + 'Single Ladies', 'Archer' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (January 22, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Single Ladies', 'Klondike', 'The Fosters' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 28, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Tops Night + 'Love & Hip Hop', 'Fast N Loud', 'Single Ladies' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (February 4, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love and Hip Hop' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Single Ladies', 'Teen Wolf', 'Switched at Birth' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 11, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop' Leads Night + 'Monday Night RAW', 'Single Ladies', 'Swamp People' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (February 19, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings:'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'Basketball Wives', 'Single Ladies', 'Teen Wolf', 'Switched at Birth' & Mo". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 25, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Tops Night + 'Swamp People', 'Basketball Wives', 'Single Ladies' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 4, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'Bates Motel', 'Teen Wolf', 'Single Ladies', 'Switched at Birth' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 11, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Leads Night + 'Swamp People', 'Bates Motel', 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 18, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'Fast N Loud', 'Teen Wolf', 'Bates Motel', 'Switched at Birth' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 25, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Leads Night + 'Basketball Wives', 'Single Ladies', 'Fast N Loud', 'Teen Wolf' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 17, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: World Cup Soccer Wins Night + 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta', 'Monday Night RAW', 'Hit the Floor' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (June 24, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Hit The Floor', 'Teen Wolf', 'Switched at Birth', 'The Fosters' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 1, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta' Wins Night + World Cup Soccer, 'Monday Night RAW', 'SportsCenter' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (July 9, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Hit The Floor', 'Major Crimes', 'Teen Wolf', 'Switched at Birth', 'The Fosters' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 15, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: Home Run Derby Tops Night + 'Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta', 'Monday Night RAW', 'Hit the Floor', 'Major Crimes' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (July 22, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Hit The Floor', 'Major Crimes', 'Teen Wolf', 'The Fosters' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 22, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 29, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love and Hip-Hop: Atlanta' Tops Night + 'Monday Night RAW', 'Major Crimes', 'Hit the Floor' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (August 5, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'Street Outlaws', 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta', 'Major Crimes', 'Teen Wolf' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 12, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip-Hop: Atlanta' Tops Night + 'Jaws Strikes Back', 'Monster Hammerhead' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (August 19, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: Football Wins Night, 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta', 'WWE Raw', 'Teen Wolf', 'The Fosters', 'Dallas' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (December 9, 2014). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night Football' Tops Night, 'Love & Hip Hop Hollywood', 'The Fosters', 'Major Crimes', 'Switched at Birth' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (January 21, 2015). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'WWE Raw' Wins Night, 'Love & Hip Hop', 'Street Outlaws', 'Vanderpump Rules', 'The Fosters', & More". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda. "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop' & 'Monday Night RAW' Top Night + 'Black Ink Crew', 'Street Outlaws' & More". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (February 2, 2015). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 25 Monday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 2.2.2015". Showbuzzdaily. Retrieved February 4, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 10, 2015). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Better Call Saul' Tops Night + 'Love & Hip-Hop', 'Monday Night RAW', 'Black Ink Crew' & More". tvbythenumbers. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Better Call Saul' Wins NIght, 'Love & Hip Hop', 'Vanderpump Rules', 'The Fosters'& More". TV by the Numbers. February 18, 2015. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Monday 23rd February 2015". SpoilerTV. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: ‘Love & Hip Hop’ Wins Night, ‘WWE Raw’, ‘Better Call Saul’, ‘Vanderpump Rules’, ‘The Fosters’ & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Monday 9th March 2015". SpoilerTV. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: ‘WWE Raw’ Wins Night, ‘Better Call Saul’, ‘Bates Motel’, ‘Love & Hip Hop’, ‘The Fosters’ & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 24, 2015). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Monday Night RAW' Tops Night + 'Love & Hop-Hop', 'Better Call Saul', 'Teen Mom' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (June 9, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 6.8.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved June 9, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (June 16, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 6.15.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved June 16, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (June 23, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 6.22.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved June 23, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (June 30, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 6.29.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (July 8, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 7.6.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 8, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (July 14, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 7.13.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (July 21, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 7.20.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 4, 2015). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Major Crimes', 'Teen Wolf', 'The Fosters', 'UnReal' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved August 4, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 11, 2015). "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Tops Night + 'Monday Night RAW', 'She's Got Game', 'Real Housewives of Orange County' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 17, 2015). "Top 100 Monday Cable Originals: 8.17.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Monday cable ratings: ‘Stevie J & Joseline: Go Hollywood’ lands strong premiere ratings". zap2it.com. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- "Monday cable ratings: ‘Love and Hip Hop’ leads, ‘WWE Raw’ stumbles". zap2it.com. 2 February 2016. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.8.2016". showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.15.2016". showbuzzdaily.com.
- "Monday cable ratings: ‘WWE Raw’ reigns supreme, ‘Better Call Saul’ falls". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.29.2016". showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.7.2016". showbuzzdaily.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.14.2016". showbuzzdaily.com.
- "Monday cable ratings: ‘Love and Hip Hop’ leads, ‘WWE Raw’ falls". tvbythenumbers.com.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.28.2016". showbuzzdaily.com.
- Welch, Alex (June 21, 2016). "Monday cable ratings: ‘Love & Hip Hop’ returns on top". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Welch, Alex (June 28, 2016). "Monday cable ratings: ‘WWE Monday Night Raw’ leads the night". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 28, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (July 12, 2016). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.11.2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved July 12, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (July 19, 2016). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.18.2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved July 19, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (July 26, 2016). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 7.25.2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 2, 2016). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.1.2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved August 3, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 9, 2016). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.8.2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 16, 2016). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.15.2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 23, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY'S Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.22.2016". Showbuzzdaily. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (August 30, 2016). "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.29.2016". ShowbuzzDaily. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- Welch, Alex (February 1, 2017). "Tuesday cable ratings: 'WWE Smackdown' and 'Taboo' tick up". Screener. Retrieved February 4, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (February 8, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.7.2017". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (February 15, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.14.2017". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (February 22, 2017). "updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.21.2017". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved February 26, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 1, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.28.2017". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 16, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.14.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved March 16, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 22, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.21.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 29, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.28.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (April 5, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.4.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- Metcalf, Mitch (April 12, 2017). "Updated: ShowBuzzDaily's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.11.2017". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Ausiello, Michael; Ausiello, Michael (March 6, 2017). "The Fosters, Shadowhunters, Stitchers Return Dates Set at Freeform". TVLine. Retrieved April 15, 2017.
- Philiana Ng. "'The Fosters' Web Series to Launch - The Hollywood Reporter". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 27 January 2015.