List of The Seven Deadly Sins characters
The Seven Deadly Sins is a manga series written and illustrated by Nakaba Suzuki, set in a fictitious Britannia (ブリタニア Buritania) in a time period superficially akin to the European Middle Ages. Likewise superficially, and frequently in ironic or contradictory ways, the series references various traditions, including western Christianity (e.g., The Seven Deadly Sins, the Ten Commandments) and the Arthurian legend (e.g., in naming Meliodas, Escanor, Merlin, Diane, Gowther, King, and Ban.). The contradictory nature of the names given to the groups and characters is reflected in the emergence of the titular group as the protagonists and the group of "Holy Knights" as the antagonists of the series.
In accord with the medieval theme, many of The Seven Deadly Sins characters are depicted as types of knights, broadly construed, who are clad in stylized variations of medieval armor, many of whom perform magic. The members of the five clans in the series are Humans, Giants, Fairys, Gods, and Demons in which all possess powerful abilities and magical prowess. In the naming of characters, the manga offers a wide variety of further mythical, historical, geographical and cultural allusions, including in the naming of Gowther, Zaratras (Zoroaster), Dreyfus, Gustaf, Frisia, Jericho, Galand, Derierrie, Albions, The Vampires, and Zhivago.
- 1 Main characters
- 2 Antagonists
- 3 Supporting characters
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Seven Deadly Sins
The Seven Deadly Sins (七つの大罪 Nanatsu no Taizai) were the strongest and cruelest order of Holy Knights in the kingdom, formed by brutal criminals who carved symbols of beasts onto their bodies to symbolize a crime they had committed in relation to one of the Sins. Each of the members of the group had the highest Holy Knight ranking, Diamond. They were branded as traitors of Britannia as a result of one of them conspiring in the assassination of the Great Holy Knight, Zaratras. It seems that none of the Sins are members of the same race.
- Voiced by: Yuki Kaji (Japanese); Bryce Papenbrook (English)
- The series main male protagonist and leader of the Seven Deadly Sins who bears the Sin of wrath and has the Dragon symbol carved at the top of his arm, just below his left shoulder. Despite his adolescent appearance, standing only five feet tall with his wanted poster inaccurately depicting him as a rugged but handsome man with a goatee (conveniently looking like his middle brother, Estarossa), Meliodas is actually over three thousand years old and incredibly powerful. Later revealed to be a member of the Demon Clan, Meliodas was originally leader of the Ten Commandants and a potential heir to his father's title as Demon King. But when Meliodas fell in love with the Goddess Elizabeth, he left the Ten Commandments, which caused the Holy War to erupt, resulting in both being disowned and cursed with immortality so he would be forced to watch Elizabeth being endlessly reincarnated and lose her again. While being called the Sin of Wrath, displaying it whenever those dear to him are endangered or killed, Meliodas conceals his rage under the façade of a mellow trickster who is often seen fondling Elizabeth one way or another. As the story opens, Meliodas is the owner of the Boar Hat tavern when approached by Elizabeth to join her on her quest to reform the Seven Deadly Sins and end the Holy Knights' coup. The boyishly drawn Meliodas' behavior with the female leads has perverted."
- As the leader of the Seven Deadly Sins, once revered by his kin as the most powerful demon, Meliodas is immensely powerful and has demonstrated his superhuman strength through his ability to easily crush steel, with only his bare hands. He is also immensely agile, being able to easily avoid attacks of even Holy Knights. He was easily able to break free from Gilthunder's lightning bindings and can dodge even the swiftest of attacks. Meliodas carried a sword hilt called the Dragon Handle that he never let go of willingly; however, it is stolen from him by Helbram. It is later revealed that the hilt is a key fragment for the Demon clan. Meliodas's primary ability is called Full Counter (全反撃（フルカウンター） Furu Kauntā), which reflects attacks aimed at him back to their wielder, with far greater power. A drawback to this ability is that he can't initiate other attacks while using it and that he cannot reflect purely physical attacks such as punches. Whenever he is severely angered or in a dire situation, a black symbol in the shape of an eye appears on his forehead and this is followed with a large burst of power from Meliodas. When surrounded by demonic energy, he is able to manifest black energy that he can use as appendages in forms of travel and combat. In combat the demonic energy makes him able to take on two New Generation Holy Knights with little effort, but at the same time in this form causes him to be unable to discern friend from foe. He later acquires his sacred treasure, Lostvayne, a short sword that allows him to create physical clones of himself that have only a small fraction of his power, but that can utilize Full Counter to full effectiveness as well.
- Elizabeth Liones (エリザベス・リオネス Erizabesu Rionesu)
- Voiced by: Sora Amamiya (Japanese); Erika Harlacher (English)
- The main viewpoint character of the story as well as its primary female protagonist, Elizabeth is the third princess of Liones who sought the aid of the Seven Deadly Sins after the Great Holy Knights seized control of the kingdom. After finding Meliodas, she becomes a waitress at his bar and continues to travel with him in search of the remaining Sins. Though she is a princess of Liones, she is not actually the biological daughter of the king, Baltra, instead having been adopted by him after her original kingdom Danafor was destroyed. Though frail and initially lacking any real combat abilities, Elizabeth is still known to be very courageous. Her selfless attitude and bravery are demonstrated when she willingly put herself under extreme danger in order to rescue a small child from Holy Knight Friesia's attack. Still, being only a young teenager, she is fairly gullible and an easily influenced person, and is always tricked by Meliodas' jokes. She doesn't seem to mind how often he caresses, molests, or harasses her sexually, however, and has even fallen in love with him due to a sense of familiarity and nostalgia with him.
- It was revealed that Elizabeth is one of the fragments of the Coffin of Eternal Darkness, which is used to revive the Demon Clan. Elizabeth is also revealed to be the 107th reincarnation of the Goddess Elizabeth, Meliodas's first love and daughter of the Supreme Deity of the Goddess Clan. This is revealed to be Elizabeth's punishment for falling in love with Meliodas, and also a means to further punish Meliodas by forcing him to watch Elizabeth endlessly be reborn just to lose her again. But this enables Elizabeth to manifest the blood of the Goddess Clan from her right eye to heal grievous wounds on those around her, as long as the persons are still alive. Once she regains full memory of her previous incarnations, her full Goddess power is unleashed, but as a side effect and also part of the curse, this also means she is doomed to die in three days, which happens just as the Goddess Clan returns to Earth and starts to mobilize against the Demons.
- Voiced by: Misaki Kuno (Japanese); Cristina Vee (English)
- A talking pig and Meliodas's pet/companion. He is introduced as the cleaner of the Boar Hat bar who helps remove the disgusting food scraps left on the ground by eating them. Hawk found Meliodas in a ditch sixteen years ago and the two formed a mobile bar together, having been together since. They often engage in harmless banter, with Hawk frequently seen scolding Meliodas for his perverted actions towards Elizabeth. Although mostly serving as comic relief by acting like a braggart and a blowhard, he has nonetheless aided Elizabeth and the Sins several times, utilizing headbutts and other modest attacks on weaker enemies and transporting wounded allies. In the Kingdom Infiltration Arc, Hawk sacrificed himself to block a fatal attack from Hendrickson aimed at Meliodas, and his death caused much anguish for Elizabeth and the Sins. However, Hawk mysteriously revived from his own dead body shortly afterwards, albeit several times smaller. He quickly becomes his normal size, however, through excessive eating. Besides Meliodas, Hawk gets along particularly well with Ban and Merlin. In fact, the latter equips him with a Balor Power Eye that allows him to detect the relative fighting prowess of anyone that he sees.
- During his training he discovers that by eating other creatures, he obtains their powers until he digests them. It is also discovered that he has a older brother that has been fighting in Purgatory, all this time. His powers come from the fact that the demon king was using him to observe Meliodas.
- Diane (ディアンヌ Diannu)
- Voiced by: Aoi Yuuki (Japanese); Erica Mendez (English)
- Diane is the serpent sin of envy and while appearing to be 15 years old, standing at 30 feet tall, Diane is a 750 year-old member of the Giants' Clan from the land of Megadozer. Compared to her kin who made a living as mercenaries, Diane did not possess her people's bloodlust and dislikes fighting. Having met and fell in love with King before a tragic circumstance ultimately resulted in her losing her memories of him, Diane and fellow Giant named Dolores were under the tutelage of the Giant Matrona before she was framed for her mentor's death (the motivation having been out of envy) and of a group of Liones Holy Knights under a knight named Gannon. In truth, Gannon attempted to kill the giants to make a name for himself and Matrona dispatched him and all but two of Gannon's subordinates while apparently killed by Gannon's poison. While Diane allowed herself to be captured, she was recruited by Meliodas before her execution could be carried out. As one of the Deadly Sins, she bears the Sin of Envy with the symbol of the Serpent tattooed on her left thigh. Following the Deadly Sins' disbandment, Diane was hiding in the Forest of White Dreams when found by Meliodas and Elizabeth, becoming the second of the Deadly Sins to rejoin the group. Diane was initially seen as hopelessly in love with her captain and she grew extremely jealous (and often destructive) when Meliodas showed affection towards Elizabeth and other regular sized girls, as her own extreme size made it difficult to properly interact with him. Shortly after joining, Diane becomes very good friends with Elizabeth after being impressed by the latter's selflessness she than went off on a adventure and found the sin of greed.
- Being a Giant, Diane is shown to be incredibly strong and her attacks have been repeatedly shown to affect landscapes on an enormous scale. In terms of raw strength, she was easily able to crush Ban when the two had an arm wrestling match, who himself had previously tied Meliodas in number of wins in their seven hundreds of matches. She was able to punch the ground and erect numerous rock columns to stop a horde of bugs from destroying a town. She has also shown to have great endurance as she was able to resist Gilthunder's lightning and even break free from its bindings effortlessly. While shrunk to human size, using Matrona's name while participating in a fighting festival, Diane retains much of her incredible physical strength and speed as she defeated more than ten men quickly. The Giants are known for their deep connection to nature, and Diane is no exception, possessing an ability called Creation (創造（クリエイション） Sōzō (Kurieishon)), which allows her to manipulate the earth. She has been seen raising stones, boulders, and even mountains from the ground via geokinesis. She has also bent iron like it was toffee, turned the ground into quicksand, and even created a pair of golems. During the Vaizel annual fighting festival, she displayed the ability to change her skin into iron, enhancing her durability and strength. Her sacred weapon is Gideon, a giant's warhammer that weighs over 100 tons. With Gideon, Diane's earth manipulation prowess is increased to the point where a single swing can lift an entire mountain into the air.
- Ban (バン)
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Japanese); Ben Diskin (English)
- Ban is the Sin of Greed with the symbol of the Fox and the third Sin to join. His name is taken from King Ban, the father of Sir Lancelot. He is nearly seven feet tall, is extremely lean yet muscular, wears red leather clothing, and has white hair. His wanted poster depicts him with a short and spiky hairstyle which he reverts to after cutting his long hair achieved while in captivity. He was initially imprisoned in the Baste Dungeon, before escaping when he discovered that Meliodas was still alive. He and Meliodas are best friends and rivals to the point of being blood-related, and the two often engage in friendly scuffles together to compare their strengths. He and King also form a dynamic duo, with King's 'nice guy' personality and relation to Elaine as her protective older brother clashing with Ban's 'bad boy' personality and romance with Elaine. Although still a good-natured person, he is depicted as the most immoral of the Sins: he seems to have no qualms hurting or killing enemies, he was infamous throughout the kingdom as a bandit whose skill at theft was legendary, and he was very quick to betray and attempt to kill Meliodas at the request of a goddess in order to revive his lover, Elaine. Ban is depicted as an alcoholic and an excellent cook; after he joins the group, Meliodas quickly makes him the official chef of the Boar Hat. At age 23, twenty years before the main storyline, Ban tried to drink from the cup in the Fountain of Youth to become immortal in an effort to live long enough for "something good to happen to him", but changed his mind when Elaine, the guardian of the fountain, told him the Fairy King's forest would die if he took the water. Over the course of a week, he bonded and fell in love with Elaine, before they were attacked by a red demon and both mortally wounded. With Ban completely incapacitated, only Elaine was able to drink the fountain's magical waters, but in an act of sacrifice, she chose to kiss Ban and transfer the water's properties to him, granting him immortality at the cost of her own life and the destruction of the forest. He ultimately slays the demon with the aid of his new abilities, but is accused of stealing the water from the Fountain of Youth and burning down the Fairy King's forest in an act of "greed" by the kingdom of Liones, for which he does not defend himself and is ironically sentenced to death. After Ban escapes from Baste Dungeon, he joins up with the Sins to stop the Holy Knights.
- Ban's immortality allows him to heal from any injury, no matter how massive or fatal. He has been seen being impaled, bifurcated, and even vaporized from the waist up, but has recovered from these injuries fully in little to no time. This recovery is seen through open wounds closing, teeth and bones growing back, and blood vanishing. However, he has a scar on his left cheek/neck because he tried to grab Meliodas' sword, before Meliodas cut him with it. Furthermore, Ban's immortality/regeneration also seem to render him immune to the effects of poisons and fatigue; all these terrifying traits earned him the name Undead Ban. His other ability is Snatch (強奪（スナッチ） Sunatchi), which allows him to rob others of their possessions and even physical abilities. He is shown to be able to temporarily sap the physical strength and speed of his opponents (and allies), as well as grasp objects without physically touching them. Twelve years ago, after draining the strength of King and Diane, Ban was able to perform 100,000 consecutive push ups before needing to rest. Ban also has shown some skill with weaponry in the present, particularly with a three-section staff very similar in appearance to a nunchaku. His sacred treasure, Courechouse, a four-sectioned staff, was ironically stolen (most likely confiscated, as he claims it was during his arrest at Baste) from him in the past ten years and has not been recovered.
- King (キング Kingu)
- Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama (Japanese); Max Mittelman (English)
- King is the Sin of Sloth with the symbol of the Grizzly bear and the fourth Sin to join. Although he was depicted in flashbacks and in wanted posters as an overweight and slovenly man, this was later revealed to be his alternate guise that he occasionally takes on in the present. His true appearance, similar to that of Meliodas, is that of a small young boy wearing a hooded sweatshirt, despite him being roughly 1300 years old. King's real name is Fairy King Harlequin (妖精王 ハーレクイン Yōseiō Hārekuin) and as the name suggests, he was the king of the fairies before he left his home in search of his missing best friend, Helbram. King is also Elaine's brother and after learning about his sister's death, he vows to kill Ban due to the rumors of him being responsible. After learning that Ban was not at fault, King reluctantly decides to follow the Sins to stop the Holy Knights. King is portrayed as the 'straight man' of the group, often getting caught up with the shenanigans of the other Sins. He is also one of the kindest people in the series, but he has a very tragic past. Many centuries back, a group of fairies, Helbram among them, were kidnapped and killed by a merchant for their wings whilst visiting a human village, and in his efforts to rescue them King was attacked and rendered unconscious by the merchant. After being found by a young Diane at the riverside, he awoke with amnesia, completely forgetting his initial goal to rescue Helbram. King instead spent centuries together with Diane and became her best friend and lover. Meanwhile, Helbram who survived the attack and began resenting humans. This caused him to start mass murdering them over several centuries. Once he finally pieces together his memory, King kills Helbram to end his rampage, but having already turned a blind eye over the mass murders committed by his best friend over several centuries, is charged with the crime of "sloth" and sentenced to imprisonment for 1000 years. Forced to leave Diane, he wipes out her memory of him so she wouldn't be heartbroken at his incarceration. In the present, King remains extremely lovestruck and devoted towards Diane, even when she initially only had affection towards Meliodas.
- As with all fairies, King has the ability to levitate and float through the air. This appears to stem from some form of telekinesis, as he is also able to levitate certain objects and manipulate their trajectory without the need to make any direct contact. King also possesses a sacred treasure called Spirit Spear, Chastiefol (霊槍シャスティフォル Reisō Shasutiforu), a spear crafted from a sacred tree only found in the Fairy Realm, it is much stronger than steel and possesses the mysterious qualities of the tree, which King's ability, Disaster (災厄（ディザスター） Dizasutā), draws out. At will, King can instantly change Chastiefol into one of several different forms, including a pillow which can act as a shield, different forms of spears (one of which can turn an enemy to stone), a massive flower sprouted from the earth that projects an enormous energy beam, and even a large stuffed grizzly bear. However, despite his impressive magical abilities, King is by far the least physically able of his companions, being taken out with ease when forced to rely on his own fists. Despite his poor physical strength, King is nevertheless still very fast in the air, shown in a flashback where he easily outpaced Helbram and several other fairies in a "race" in the air. King also owns a pet Black Hound named Oslo, who is capable of growing several times its size and teleporting anything that he consumes to another location.
- King was overwhelmingly voted the most popular character in a Weekly Shōnen Magazine character poll for the series, with close to four times as many votes as Ban, who came in second place.
- Gowther (ゴウセル Gōseru)
- Voiced by: Yuhei Takagi (Japanese); Erik Scott Kimerer (English)
- Gowther is the Sin of Lust with the symbol of the Goat and the fifth Sin to join, being an androgynous and bespectacled bookworm with pink hair who initially appeared as a massive man clad in body armor designed to stabilize his power due to his unstable mind. He is first seen as eerily emotionless and analytically stoic while also very socially inept as his curiosity often has him performing highly questionable actions like manipulating the memories of others. At the time he was discovered, being a skilled actor when he feels like it, he was living under the alias Alan and was residing in a poor village with young children as his friends. He would later be revealed to be a doll created three millennia ago by the original Gowther, a sorcerer who was Fraudrin's predecessor in the Ten Commandments as the Commandment of Selflessness. Gowther was found in the present in the Cellar of Liones Castle, by Princess Nadja, the sister of Batra when he was still a prince whom he fell in love with. While Nadaj returned the sentiment, she was dying of an illness and passed away while making love to Gowther. Gowther attempted to revive her with his magic heart, a charm that he was told gives him his emotions, but it failed to resurrect her while making it appeared that he sadistically murdered her. Gowther accepted the blame out of guilt, branded with his Sin while discarding his magic heart to render himself emotionless to no longer feel the pain of losing Nadaj. It was only learning that King and Diane were searching for his magic heart that Gowther learned it was a placebo and begins accepting his emotions, allowing him be more sociable while using his full power without trouble.
- Gowther's special ability is known as Invasion, a versatile mind-based ability projected from his fingertips as beams of purple, blue, or even black light that affect targets that they hit. Invasion allows him to read and acquire the thoughts, memories, and feelings of others in his vicinity. It also allows him to create illusions and memories to the victim powerful enough to beguile, manipulate, and immobilize them. It was used on a large group of opposing Holy Knights to make them believe that the Sins were their fellow companions/loved ones and thus cease fire; however, once the Holy Knights started to realize the inconsistencies in their memories, the effect wore off. It can also be used to take control of non-living beings, such as golems. Furthermore, it can be used as a tactical tool in combat, as he can project coordinated battle plans to all his allies almost instantaneously. His black light Invasion attacks seem to have the ability to render people that they hit unconscious instantly. As a doll, Gowther has shown a high level of resilience to attacks, ones that would have proven fatal to a normal human. These include: having his neck snapped, having a hole blown through his entire chest, and being decapitated. His sacred treasure is Herritt, which takes the form of twin bows made of light, one held in each hand. These bows seem to greatly enhance the spread and range of his attacks, but otherwise the full extent of their abilities remains unknown. As with Hawk, he is equipped with a Balor Power Eye, which allows him to detect the overall fighting prowess of anyone in his vicinity.
- Merlin (マーリン Mārin)
- Voiced by: Maaya Sakamoto (Japanese); Lauren Landa (English)
- Her true name is unknown as it is unpronounceable by humans. She is the daughter of Belaluin, and makes multiple references to being some sort of demon though it is unclear exactly what she is. Bearing the Sin of Gluttony with the symbol of the Boar tattooed on her neck, Merlin is a three millennia old witch who caused the destruction of her people and city Beliarum when she tricked the Demon King and the Supreme Deity into increasing her power with immunity to the powers of their factions, as each tried to sway her to their side. While she usually appears as a slender, tall, attractive, dark-haired woman in rather skimpy clothing, her true appearance is still that of a child. Cool and calculative, owning a research laboratory where she conducts her research and creates magical objects, Merlin is cunning and lives up to her sin with an obsession with things eccentric and rare. Merlin proceeded to make a name for herself as Britannia's greatest mage and became a founding member of the Deadly Sins as she led Melodias to the other members. When the Deadly Sins were accused of the attempt on Zaratras's life, Merlin knocked Meliodas unconscious and took his power from him. This has caused some friction between the two when they crossed paths, Merlin having positioned herself as mentor to a young Arthur Pendragon.
- As the greatest mage in all of Britannia, Merlin has mastery over a vast repertoire of spells with most of which seem to be more utilitarian and supportive in nature rather than directly offensive. Her ability, Infinity, allows her to sustain any spell indefinitely once activated, regardless of how much magical power would ordinarily be required to do so. At one point she used her ability to "stop her own time", rendering her ageless. Due to the boons she acquired from deceiving the Demon King and the Supreme Deity, Merlin is immune to being manipulated by goddesses and any form of curse. Her magical powers are vast, and include the usual repertoire of abilities such as flight and telekinesis. She has also created two types of magical barriers: a bubble-like one that could cover an entire city in area, and a technique from the Demon World called Perfect Cube, which encases and traps a small area in a cube-like barrier that is impervious to virtually any attack. She can also create fake illusions (she once created a faux army to fool Hendrickson into thinking the entire military force of Camelot was attacking Liones), amplify the strength of her allies' attacks, and negate other magical abilities (such as Perfect Cube). Her sacred treasure is a crystal ball named Aldan, which she can summon at any time. It can be peered through by Merlin for reconnaissance, provides data on enemies, and even once allowed Merlin to transfer her consciousness into it while her body was temporarily turned to stone by Galand's commandment. Merlin has been shown to be an extremely powerful enemy, and the revelation of her past as Belaluins's daughter enough to strike terror even into the hearts of members of the Ten Commandments. Merlin easily overpowered and imprisoned the Commandment Grayroad, keeping her inside a test tube to eventually use in one of her magical experiments. Merlin's wish is to know everything about the world, a task she knows is virtually impossible - not that this would stop her. She has made herself virtually immortal to pursue that goal, and she is frequently seen conducting experiments in her tower or reading book after book in order to accumulate more knowledge. She seems to enjoy Escanor's crush on her, indulging him at times by allowing him to rub her feet and shoulders while she is taking a bath, and making gifts for him such as his glasses (which Escanor treasures immensely). She is on friendly terms with the other Deadly Sins, but she has a strong will and usually goes her own path as she pleases.
- Escanor (エスカノール Esukanōru)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita (Japanese); Kyle Hebert (English)
- Escanor is the final member of the Seven Deadly Sins, the Lion's Sin of Pride, and the only confirmed human among the group (though Ban was also human before he obtained immortality). He is based on a character of the Arthurian legends known as Escanor the large who's strength also waxed and waned with sun. He was first depicted as an old, bearded man in his wanted poster. A flashback of him from twelve years ago depicted him quite differently from his old appearance; he is seen as a scrawny, timid, and overly polite young man wearing clothes far too large for him. He enjoys writing and reciting poetry and is very smitten with Merlin. It is revealed that during the nighttime, he was considered to be the weakest Holy Knight in all of Liones; he is cowardly and laughably weak, with his only saving grace being that he can at least run away from enemies proficiently. However, he quickly undergoes a dramatic transformation right after dawn, becoming much more muscular, calm, boastful, and arrogant. Escanor was born the prince of the Castellio Kingdom. When he was a child, his older brother Daymond used to pick on him, until one day his power awakened and he accidentally broke his brother's arm in an attempt to defend himself. Now seeing him as a heartless abomination, he was disowned by his parents, who mobilized the Kingdom's forces to kill him. While fleeing, he was rescued by a kind woman named Rosa, who hid him in a barrel and set it adrift at sea. He survived and has since traveled alone, but wherever he went he was unwanted, as people called him a monster even when he helped them. That is, until he was recruited by Meliodas and Merlin to join the Sins. So far, the specific crimes that have prompted Escanor to earn his title as Sin of Pride have yet to be revealed.
- Escanor's physical transformation (from a weak to an extremely muscular man) is implied to be a product of his innate ability Sunshine (太陽（サンシャイン ） Sanshain), which allows him to emit sunlight from himself that is capable of scorching and melting nearly everything in close proximity. He was able to use this ability to effortlessly eradicate the Vampire King, who utilized the power of darkness, and also explode the castle of Edinburgh into a twisted pile of melted ruins. This ability is stated by Merlin to be "the source of all life" and completely different from any powers she has ever seen, even amongst the non-human Clans. After his initial transformation after dawn, he continues to grow in size and strength by the hour until he hits his peak at noon, during which he is stated by Merlin to be easily stronger than any of the other Sins. It is eventually seen that when it becomes noon, his power peaks for one minute, where he exceeds every living being on the planet as "The One", the invincible incarnation of power. From there, his power then begins to wane until it becomes nearly nonexistent again when the sun sets. While it is revealed later that the Sunshine ability was originally a blessing bestowed by the Supreme Deity upon Mael of the Four Archangels, it is not known how this ability was passed on to Escanor. Escanor's sacred treasure is Rhitta, a massive, ornate axe with a blade in the shape of a crescent moon, created by "the maiden loved by the sun". At night, he cannot even lift the weapon off the ground, but he can easily grasp it in a single hand the moment it becomes dawn. He can summon Rhitta to his side at a moment's notice and can store his sun energy within it for later usage.
Evil beings who were sealed 3000 years ago by the combined efforts of the Giant, Fairy, Goddess races and humans, but were released by Hendrickson and Dreyfus (who was being possessed by the demon Fraudrin) using some of Elizabeth's blood.
The Ten Commandments
Ten incredibly powerful demons selected personally by the King of Demons, they were originally led by Meliodas 3000 years ago before he fell in love with Elizabeth and caused the Holy War. Each of the Ten Commandments can implement a curse which plays on the virtue that they represent. It is later explained that the Demon King had split half of his power, into ten parts to give to ten trusted subordinates and these parts were the Ten Commandments. If a person were to consolidate all ten commandments within one body, they would obtain a power on par with the Demon King, who is so powerful, he cannot even exist on Britannia without destroying it, and everyone on it. However one can only obtain a commandment by either being given it willingly, or Killing/beating the user to the point where they cannot fight to keep the commandment on them.
- Demon King (魔神王 Majin-ō)
- Voiced by: Shōzō Iizuka
- He is the creator and leader of the Ten Commandments, current introduced as the main antagonist of The Seven Deadlly Sins. He is the ruler of the Demon Clan, as well as the one who handpicked the Ten Commandments and granted them their Commandments. He is also the father of Meliodas and Zeldris, two of the most powerful demons and the two strongest members of the Ten Commandments.
- Fraudrin (フラウドリン Furaudorin)
- Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi (Dreyfus), Hidenobu Kiuchi (Demon Form) (Japanese); Jamieson Price (Dreyfus), Chris Cason (Demon Form) (English)
- The demon that manipulated Hendrickson and Dreyfus from the shadows and later took control of Dreyfus' body. His true form is that of a giant with spikes protruding from his body and with his mouth located on his chest. His existence was first hinted when he expelled Gowther from Dreyfus' mind. He spared Hendrickson's life when the rest of the Ten Commandments were freed, focusing on restoring the power that was drained by the Goddess' Clan. Hendrickson revealed that he was behind the murder of Zaratras and that he is responsible for Liz's death and the destruction of Danafor. He's captured by the Pleiades of the Azure Sky and when questioned, he reveals he's merely a substitute for the commandment of Selflessness, Gowther. He later escapes with the help of Grayroad and thinking being inside Dreyfus has made him soft, he destroys the Pleiades' base with the intention of killing them. Zaratras and Hendrickson eventually expel him from Dreyfus body, but before he can kill them, a revived Meliodas confronts him. When defeated he tries to self-destruct, only for Griamore to call for his father, causing him to react; as he had spent such a long time in Dreyfus' body, the affection he felt for Griamore passed on to Fraudrin too, and thus he stops his suicidal attack and chooses to let himself be killed by Meliodas.
- Zeldris (ゼルドリス Zerudorisu)
- Voiced by: Yūki Kaji (Japanese); Bryce Papenbrook (English)
- The apparent leader of the Ten Commandments and Meliodas' younger brother, who looks just like Meliodas, except with spiky, black hair and his Demon symbol appears on the left side of his forehead. After the Commandments split, he takes over the Kingdom of Camelot while Arthur is away. He represents Piety in the Ten Commandments which makes anyone who turns their back on him become his servant, as well in extension a servant of the Demon King. As explained by Fraudrin, turning away is seen as infidelity and betrayal to not only Zeldris but also to the Demon King, whom Zeldris represents. As such those that do are forced into a powerful state of submission and obedience. Probably because of this, he greatly resents Meliodas, whom he once admired, for his abandonment of the Demon Clan, and desires to take the throne of the Demon King for himself even against his father's wishes that Meliodas succeed him. However, Meliodas manages to convince him to do his bidding in order to break his curse.
- Estarossa (エスタロッサ Esutarossa)
- Voiced by: Hiroki Tōchi (Japanese); David Vincent (English)
- The brother of Zeldris and Meliodas, who looks just like Meliodas's wanted poster. Unlike Zeldris, he seems to be laid back. While his abilities are unknown so far, by simply touching a living being it makes it mutate and explode. He represents the Love in the Ten Commandments. Anyone who bears hatred in their hearts in his presence will lose the ability to hurt or inflict pain and damage on anyone. Thanks to this commandment, he was able to stop Meliodas' Revenge Counter with just his hand. Despite his demeanor, he greatly resents Meliodas for betraying the Commandments and starting the war with the other clans 3000 years ago. He also possesses a Full Counter ability, but it can only reflect physical attacks, unlike Meliodas's, which only reflects magical attacks.
- Despite his seemingly immense strength, it is revealed that as a child, he was very weak, not even able to use the darkness that all demons have. All this time, the only people who never looked down on him were Meliodas, who believed Estarossa would grow strong, and Elizabeth. His power was only awakened due to the Commandment that was given to him, and it is implied that his strength is presently at its maximum unlike, for example, Meliodas, who is said could become as strong as the Demon King one day. Plus, as Estarossa grew, he realized his affection for Elizabeth was one-sided as she only had eyes for Meliodas, which fueled a deep-seated resentment that came to the forefront with Meliodas' abandonment of the Ten Commandments.
- While a terrifying opponent, he is utterly trounced and rendered comatose by a fully powered Escanor during the siege of Liones; since his pride allows him to attack his opponent without anything but contempt, he is immune to Estarossa's "love". Awakening in time for Meliodas to resume his role as successor to the Demon King, he, along with Zeldris, is tasked with gathering the Commandments from the other members of the group so that Meliodas will absorb them and achieve the power to supplant their father in order to break his curse. However, Estarossa has no intention of just giving them to Meliodas; instead, he wants to take Meliodas' place, and to that end he takes Galand and Monspeet's Commandments for himself, absorbing them during the battle against Sariel and Tauriel of the Four Archangels, causing his power to rise frighteningly. However, like all other demons but unlike his brothers, by absorbing even one Commandment that is not his own, Estarossa's mind becomes warped to the point that his own darkness consumes him, leading him to try to devour Elizabeth so she would be forever his.
- Galand (ガラン Garan)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Iwasaki (Japanese); Kirk Thornton (English)
- A tall, lanky, prideful, and bloodthirsty demon fully clad in armor that wields a weapon resembling a spear. He chose to attack Camelot as a warm-up when he was told about the destruction of the Albion golems. Even with his powers depleted, he's still strong enough to nearly erase a city with a swing of his spear. He represents the Truth in the Ten Commandments, and anyone who lies in his presence will turn into stone regardless of his/her power. He turned Merlin into stone when she tried to win time, killed most of the Camelot soldiers, and handily defeated Meliodas, Diane and Slader, leaving them for dead. Fortunately, Gowther modified his memories before he could finish them off. When Meliodas regained his full powers and was teleported by Merlin, he defeated Galand in less than ten seconds and left him a bloody mess.
- He later accompanies Melascula and both end up fighting Ban, who ends up putting up a significant fight against the duo when he saps their strength before he is forced to retreat. When the Demons follow Ban, Jericho and Elaine in order to finish them, they stumble into Escanor's bar in a cave. Galand showed his love for alcohol and challenged Escanor to a "game" in which the two would take turns hitting each other with their weapons until one was dead. Despite being split in half by the Sin of Pride, he regenerated and used his most powerful ability "Critical Over" to finish him, only to see that his attack barely scratched him. When Melascula tried to convince him to retreat, his pride made him continue and when Escanor was about to finish him, he tried to flee, only to be turned to stone by his own power, since he went back on his word. While he is turned to stone, his consciousness remains alive until he is killed by Estarossa, who shatters him in order to collect his Commandment.
- Monspeet (モンスピート Monsupīto)
- Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda (Japanese); Keith Silverstein (English)
- A sophisticated, human-looking demon with a thin mustache and purple hair. He's a gentleman of sorts and is usually close to Derierrie. He represents Reticence in the Ten Commandments. He is seen utilizing long-ranged fire-based magic in the form of birds. He and Derierrie were later beaten by Meliodas' shortly after he re-awakened, and are seen later relaxing in a small cabin, hiding their identities as Demons, ignoring the summons from Zeldris, implying they no longer wish to take part in fighting. It is revealed that his Commandment prevents him from revealing the true feelings in his heart, i.e. revealing with he truly wants, when he implies that he loves Derierrie but also points out that he cannot actually say it to her, due to his commandment.
- He is killed by Estarossa, while protecting Derierrie from a surprise attack.
- Derieri (デリエリ Derieri)
- Voiced by: Ayahi Takagaki (Japanese); Allegra Clark (English)
- A female demon with spiky, unruly hair who is naked save for a few patches of darkness covering parts of her body. She has a crude and yet carefree personality. Derrierie always prefaces her comments with "To say from the ass" to which Monspeet often expands on in a long-winded fashion. She represents Purity in the Ten Commandments. She is a formidable physical combatant, gaining additional power the longer she launches consecutive blows at an enemy. Her demeanor is only upset with the presence of the Goddess clan, who during the war 3,000 years ago murdered several noncombatant demons in front of the Commandments, among them her older sister. As a result she and Monspeet gave up 6 of their seven hearts, as a sacrifice to gain immense power, and kill the Goddess clan, but they were stopped, and as a result presently only have one heart each, which places them in a great deal more danger over other demons. She and Monspeet were later beaten by Meliodas' shortly after he re-awakened and are seen later relaxing in a small cabin, hiding their identities as Demons. Having lost her will to fight, Derierrie decided to go to Camelot and return her Commandment to Zeldris, but Estarossa finds them before they can even leave. Monspeet manages to save her from being killed by launching her away from Estarossa, conveniently sending her to where the assault team composed of Holy Knights, the Four Archangels and the Seven Deadly Sins are fending off a demon attack.
- When Estarossa spirits Elizabeth away, Derierrie offers her help to King, Sariel and Tauriel in retrieving her. She comes with a plan to hold Estarossa once he is revealed as Mael from the Godness clan by working as team with Gowther, King and the rest. However she dies after Mael blows out her last heart in the battle, which result in her commandment being absorbed as well. In afterlife she is thankful with Elizabeth as she finally learns about Monspeet feelings for her. After Mael is saved from the commandments he uses a spell to allow Oslo and Derrierie's souls keeping their memories of their previous lives in their next reincarnation.
- Melascula (メラスキュラ Merasukyura)
- Voiced by: Mao Ichimichi (Japanese); Mela Lee (English)
- A female demon with the appearance of a dainty woman with long, pink hair. She has a calm, yet mocking personality and represents Faith in the Ten Commandments, which means that anyone who loses faith or doubts their convictions in her presence will have their eyes set on fire. She uses her aura to summon the souls of the dead in order to create a zombie army to wipe out humans, and can summon lesser demons as well. She uses this ability to resurrect Elaine to fight on her behalf. When Elaine overcomes her control, she and Galand confront Ban. She ripped Ban's soul from his body in order to consume it, only for Zhivago to sacrifice his own in Ban's place.
- When they stumbled into Escanor's bar, Galand convinced her to drink, and the two quickly became inebriated. Melascula watched the duel between Galand and Escanor, and became horrified at the power of the latter. She watched helplessly as Galand was turned into stone by his own Commandment after he failed to even scratch Escanor with his strongest attack. She then tried to kill Escanor by taking his soul and eating it, but Escanor's Sunshine ability burned her to ashes from the inside and she fell into a chasm. She is later revealed to have survived, but her entire body is blackened and charred and her hair is missing. She's healed by Gloxinia and when she tries to take Meliodas' soul, Ban, who is teleported to their location with the help of Gilfrost, snaps her neck (which ends up dislodging her jaw) and rips out every heart in her body, save one, falling short of killing her. She is later employed to keep a barrier around Camelot, preventing it from being detected, and when the Seven Deadly Sins attempt to dispel the barrier, she traps Meliodas in her Dark Cocoon, from which he only breaks out by fully embracing his demonic powers.
- It is later revealed that she was not a true demon, but in fact, a snake that collected large amounts of Demonic energy within her body. This energy is eventually drained out of her by Merlin, and she is reduced to her original state as a tiny little snake, with no special powers. In this state, Merlin traps her in a test tube in order to study her.
- Drole (ドロール Dorōru)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono (Japanese); Mark Whitten (English)
- A giant with four arms, grayish blue skin, and he covers his face with a bag. Underneath his bag he has a human-like face with dark hair covering the left side of his face and a large scar over his gouged out left eye. He is the founder of the Giants' Clan and known as Balor to humans. According to the legends of the Giant Clan, he is recognized as a God by few, and created a sacred dance with deep connections to nature and earth; despite this, during his youth, he was shunned due to his unusual appearance even by giants' standards. He was only accepted in his adulthood due to his valor in battle, which the relatively primitive Giants' Clan praises more than anything. He, alongside Gloxinia, turned Vaizel into a gigantic labyrinth in order to gather fighters to attract the Seven Deadly Sins. His power over Creation is so great it even dwarfs Matrona's. He represents Patience in the Ten Commandments. He and Gloxinia show King and Diane their memories of 3,000 years ago in order to explain why they joined the Demon clan, and eventually abandon their positions as part of the Ten Commandments after realizing the error of their ways as King and Diane, being placed in their bodies, make choices different from the ones they themselves made; for Drole, it was when Zeldris offered him a position in the Ten Commandments or death. In his place, Diane chose to simply run away. He is killed by Chandler, while he and Gloxinia try to protect the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Grayroad (グレイロード Gureirōdo)
- Voiced by: Kōji Yusa (Japanese); Ben Lepley (English)
- A demon whose form is a large, floating miasma-like creature covered in gray mask-like faces. These faces resemble those of the Gray Demons. She represents Pacifism in the Ten Commandments and anyone who kills in her presence will die by having their life drained away. She's also capable of shape-shifting, which allowed her to infiltrate the Pleiades of the Azure Sky and release Fraudrin. She possesses a powerful cursing magic that automatically returns her target to the location that she cursed them, preventing retreat. She's turned into one of Merlin's experiments when the latter proves to be immune to her curse, and Merlin's magical power overwhelms her.
- Gloxinia (グロキシニア Gurokishinia)
- Voiced by: Yūsuke Kobayashi (Japanese); Marianne Miller (English)
- A demon who was once a fairy, and was the First King of the Fairy King's Forest, he is an effeminate-looking male Demon who represents Repose in the Ten Commandments. He was believed to be killed by the Demon King 3,000 years ago during the Ancient War. He wields the Spirit Spear Basquias, that constantly covers him in the form of tentacles and that has a versatile set of abilities similar to that of King's own Chastiefol, but on a much higher level of potency and destructiveness. He and Drole show King and Diane their memories of 3,000 years ago in order to explain why they joined the Demon clan, and eventually abandon their positions as part of the Ten Comandments after realizing the error of their ways as King and Diane, being placed in their bodies, make choices different from the ones they themselves made; for Gloxinia, it was when he found Rou, a human who had befriended Meliodas in order to destroy Stigma from the inside for their indiscriminate slaughter, holding his sister Gerharde's severely injured body, and killed him in a fit of rage, thinking that he had killed her, while in truth, Gerharde was severely injured, but alive, and Rou had saved her because she resembled a childhood friend of his. Gloxinia then turned his back on the Fairy Folk and sided with the Ten Commandments, not realizing that Gerharde had survived for the last 3,000 years. In his place, King chose to spare Rou's life, realizing his attachment to Gerharde was just the same as Ban's to Elaine, while also noting that Rou greatly resembled Ban physically. He and Drole are killed by Chandler when they try to protect the fleeing Seven Deadly Sins.
High Class Demons
- Chandler (チャンドラー Chandorā)
- A extremely powerful, high-class demon, and Meliodas' former master. He generally appears as an old man, with mildly long, spiky white hair and facial hair, with a demon mark on the right side of his face. He is extremely proficient at magic, being able to use complex spells like Absolute Cancel against Merlin's Perfect Cube to nullify it. He is also able to use Full Counter, like Meliodas, having been the one who taught it to him. He cares deeply for Meliodas, to the point of obsession. He is willing to do anything to protect and serve his former student. He refuses to believe that Meliodas betrayed the Demon clan, instead believing that Elizabeth tricked him and is still doing so. He refuses to acknowledge anyone else as the Next Demon King.
- When enraged, he reveals his true form; He loses his weak appearance, becoming immensely muscular. His hair and eyes becomes black, while his demon mark covers almost half of his face and he sprouts dragon-like wings on his back. In this form, he is so powerful, that even the powered up 7DS have trouble fighting him and almost lose, forcing them to retreat. Even in his normal form, he is powerful to bring, "True Night" which obscures the daylight, and even forces Escanor to revert to his weak form. He has the title of the "Pacifier Demon", possibly from the fact that he apparently sucked the marrow from the bones of his victims on the battle field.
- Cusack (キューザック Kyūzakku)
- A extremely powerful, high-class demon, and Zeldris' master. He generally appears a relatively young man, with a long mustache, that he states he is very proud of, claiming it to be the finest in the demon kingdom. In his true demon form, his arms grow much longer to the point where he can hold his two swords easily in one hand. His hair becomes white and he sprouts dragon wings.
- He has a somewhat condescending demeanor, choosing to beat his opponents quickly, only spending time on them if they are interesting or prove to in fact be a challenge. He claims to love Zeldris, like Chandler loves Meliodas, which mildly annoys Zeldris. He has not revealed the true extent of his power yet, but it is clear that he is very powerful, as he was able to terrify the humans souls with the Holy Sword, Excalibur, which began to shake in fear at his presence. He has the title of the "Napping Reaper", however it is unclear as to what this title means or why it was given to him.
Lower Class Demons
- Red Demons
- The lowest class of demons seen thus far, they are massive, red, obese creatures that can breathe Purgatory Fire, which has far greater potency than normal fire. They also possess more than one heart, making them difficult to kill. A red demon was first seen invading the Fairy King's forest twenty years ago, where it burned down the forest and killed Elaine before Ban slew it with it the aid of his newly acquired immortality. Its corpse was eventually found by Hendrickson, who used its blood to create a new generation of Holy Knights called the New Generation.
- Gray Demons
- These demons have thick gray-colored carapaces that make them extremely durable, faces surrounded by pointed petal-like protrusions vaguely resembling a stylized sun or flower, and wings. In addition to breathing Purgatory Fire, they can utilize various darkness-based attacks, such as "Dark Snow", an attack in which black snow-like particles are scattered into the air that instantly kill any living thing they touch. After being cornered and nearly defeated by five of the Sins, Hendrickson consumed the blood of a Gray Demon to vastly increase his strength and continue the battle.
- Blue Demons
- Bird-like demons with muscular physiques, they are known for their speed. Four of them were summoned by Melascula's powers; they were eventually all killed off.
- Not actually Demons, these are mountain-sized Golems that were created by Demons in the ancient war of Britannia 3000 years ago. They were rendered dormant when the Demons were sealed, and subsequently reawakened when the Ten Commandments were released. They had a power level of 5500, making them effectively as strong as Hendrickson after he acquired the powers of the Gray Demon. Like the other lower-class Demons, they can breathe Purgatory Fire. They can also sprout additional appendages from their heads to launch additional attacks. Their only weakness is a core embedded in their chest. Two of them have appeared so far: a fat one that attacked Camelot and was defeated by Meliodas's Full Counter, and a taller, thinner one with long limbs that appeared at the revived Fairy King's forest and was defeated by King's unleashed Chastiefol.
The Vampires of Edinburgh
A Vampire Clan who had a treaty with the Demon Clan, but were sealed in a sarcophagus by the Demon Zeldris 3000 years ago, and 12 years before the story, they escaped their seal and took over the Kingdom of Edinburgh, killing or turning into vampires all of its inhabitants, including the Holy Knights. Since their presence threatened Liones and all of Britannia, The Seven Deadly Sins were sent to deal with them. It turns that it was the Vampire King Izraf who broke the treaty by rebelling against the Demon Clan and Zeldris was intended to be the executioner, but instead he sealed them, since he was in love with the Royal Vampire Gelda.
The Holy Knights (聖騎士 Seikishi) are the most powerful knights in Britannia who protect the kingdom, being terrifying individuals who are each able to match an entire country's army in strength. Sometime before the beginning of the series, the Holy Knights orchestrated a coup d'état and captured the king of Liones. The kingdom, now under the control of the Holy Knights, fell into a state of distress as citizens from towns and villages surrounding the kingdom were enslaved or forcefully recruited into joining a furtive war effort: the men trained as soldiers, while women and children forced to amass food for storage, as well as the elderly made to construct castle walls. Under the rule of the Holy Knights, death is the penalty for insubordination. After Hendrickson is defeated and Dreyfus disappears, King Baltra forgives most of them, since he preferred they atone for their actions since punishing them wouldn't reverse the damage they caused.
- Zaratras (ザラトラス Zaratorasu)
- Voiced by: Rikiya Koyama (Japanese); Lex Lang (English)
- He was the Great Holy Knight of the kingdom before being assassinated for an unknown reason, with the Seven Deadly Sins being framed for his murder. He was once the strongest of the Holy Knights before his death ten years prior to the beginning of the series. He is the father of the Holy Knight, Gilthunder, Dreyfus' brother and Griamore's uncle.
- Hendrickson revealed that he and Dreyfus were half-brothers (same father but different mothers) and both belonged to the Druids, with the power of Purge, that allowed him to destroy any evil soul. The reason behind his murder is finally revealed to be Fraudrin's machination, taking control of Dreyfus' body and putting Hendrickson under his spell, framing the Seven Deadly Sins.
- He temporarily revives after the Ten Commandments take over Britannia, since he was angry at himself for not realizing Dreyfus and Hendrickson were being controlled by the demons. Despite his power and rank, he's rather quirky. He stumbled with the Boar Hat and showed Elizabeth and Hock memories of how he and King Baltras first met Meliodas. Using all his remaining power he purges Fraudrin from Dreyfus body, and before finally disappearing, he tells Dreyfus and Hendrickson to stop blaming themselves for his death.
- Gilthunder (ギルサンダー Girusandā)
- Voiced by: Mamoru Miyano (Japanese); Robbie Daymond (English)
- Gilthunder is a Holy Knight with dominion over magic that allows him to generate and manipulate lightning. He is the son of the murdered Great Holy Knight, Zaratras. When Gilthunder was younger, he looked up to the Seven Deadly Sins and wanted to be just like them, but after thinking that the Sins murdered his father, Gilthunder wanted to have revenge and to surpass his father. Gilthunder was once a happy child, but after his father's death, he became an emotionless man who doesn't care about who he hurts.
- It is revealed that he only pretended to work for Hendrickson because he threatened and imprisoned Princess Margaret and was being watched by an invisible chimera. After Margaret was rescued and the chimera was killed, he revealed to Hendrickson that he knew all along that he and Dreyfus killed his father, cutting off the arm of Hendrickson. After the defeat of Hendrickson, he, Howzer and Griamore investigate the Demon clan, and later join with the Seven Deadly Sins to fight the Ten Commandments.
- Guila (ギーラ Gīra)
- Voiced by: Mariya Ise (Japanese); Carrie Keranen (English)
- A Holy Knight first encountered at the Capital of the Dead. She is a very dedicated knight who is so faithful to the Holy Knights' cause that she partially killed herself in order to enter the Capital of the Dead and confront Elizabeth and the Seven Deadly Sins who entered as well. She is extremely confident in her abilities and strength, seen when she was facing off at one point against four of the Sins at once.
- Guila possesses the power of Explosion which helps her to create powerful explosions. Guila was once a very weak apprentice Holy Knight until she drank demon blood offered to her.
- Howzer (ハウザー Hauzā)
- Voiced by: Ryohei Kimura (Japanese); Ray Chase (English)
- A Holy Knight with the rank of Platinum and dominion over magic that allows him to generate and manipulate wind, he's also a childhood friend of Gilthunder. Despite being usually hot blooded and self confident, he also believes in the honor of the Holy Knights, looking up to Dreyfus. He fights at the Vaizel annual fighting festival and is defeated by Diane. After realizing the identity of the Seven Deadly Sins and witnessing Diane saving an innocent civilian, he begins wondering if they're really as bad as stories say. After witnessing many cruelties by his fellow Knights and sees Diane protecting Guila's brother, he sides with the Sins, protecting Diane from Dreyfus, despite being greatly outmatched. Later, it is hinted that he harbors romantic feelings to Diane.
- After Fraudrin's defeat, in Gilthunder's absence, he's surprisingly named Great Holy Knight by King Baltra. Despite his initial doubts, he accepts.
- Dreyfus (ドレファス Dorefasu)
- Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi (Japanese); Jamieson Price (English)
- The current Great Holy Knight alongside Hendrickson, he's also Zaratras' younger brother. He is a dignified and diligent person, very dedicated to his duties, being willing to even capture his king and enslave citizens to help in the military efforts, in order to prepare for the Holy War. It is revealed that he and Hendrickson are the ones who murdered Zaratras and blamed the Seven Deadly Sins, as he was jealous of his brother. Despite everything he has done, he loves his son deeply and believes Hendrickson's plan of reviving the Demon Clan is insane. When he is affected by Gowther's Nightmare Teller, it is shown that he feels a lot of remorse for betraying his brother. He ends up admitting his crime and agrees on a temporary truce with the Sins in order to stop Hendrickson. Unfortunately, he's unable to defeat his former friend and rival, and is killed by Hendrickson's Acid Down skill, while his son Griamore watches helplessly.
- He possessed the power Break, which is capable of shattering the opponent's techniques and has great destructive potential. He easily defeated Diane and remained unscathed by the combined attack of Howzer and Guila.
- It is revealed that his body was being controlled by the Demon Fraudrin and used him and Hendrickson in order to fully revive the Demon Clan. He's finally freed by the combined efforts of Hendrickson and Zaratras, nearly destroying Fraudrin for mentioning Griamore's name.
- Hendrickson (ヘンドリクセン Hendorikusen)
- Voiced by: Yūya Uchida (Japanese); Kaiji Tang (English)
- The other Great Holy Knight alongside Dreyfus, but he is less honorable and willing to lie and manipulate enemies and allies alike. Earlier in his life he was a good friend of Dreyfus, but after helping him murder Zaratras, his personality completely changed. He believes that without a war his order has no true purpose, so he's willing to revive the Demon Clan in order to provoke the Holy War and give the Holy Knights an enemy to fight. He found the body of the demon that was killed by Ban and also discovered the properties of Demon's Blood, using it to create the New Generation of Holy Knights.
- He possesses the power Acid, that deteriorates the opponent's body upon being struck with his weapon infused with it, unless he is defeated or dispelled by strong magic. Hendrickson also has knowledge of forbidden techniques among Druids, such as Enslavement of the Dead, that can revive anyone from the dead to serve him, however, this technique only works twice, as every time a person is revived, their abilities are weakened, as well as the second time will turn the dead into a mindless person. He used this technique on Helbram. And Blood Awaken, that can cause the demon blood of the New Generation Holy Knights to run out of control, mutating them into hybrid Demons.
- After Gilthunder cuts off one of his arms, he injects himself with the demon blood, regenerating his arm and gaining powers similar to those of Meliodas in demon form. He kidnaps Elizabeth and kills Dreyfus, only to be cornered by the teamwork of Meliodas, Ban, King, Diane and Gowther. He then reveals to the Sins that he also found the body of a more powerful Gray demon, injecting himself with its blood, turning himself into a true demon. He's defeated once and for all by Meliodas' technique of Revenge Counter. It is revealed he survived and the Demon Fraudrin using Dreyfus' body heals him, returning him to human form and watches helplessly as the Demon Clan he once wanted to release is freed.
- He reappears just in time to help Gilthunder, Howzer and Griamore to defeat a revived Gray demon, expressing disgust for his past actions. He later joins the Seven Deadly Sins in their mission to face the Ten Commandments, despite King's resentment towards him for what he did to Helbram.
- Griamore (グリアモール Guriamōru)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Patrick Seitz (English)
- A Holy Knight who is Veronica's bodyguard and Dreyfus' son. Although he is ruthless, he shows absolute loyalty and care towards Veronica and cannot allow himself to displease her, having started to serve her at a young age and was willing to go against the Holy Knights to protect Veronica when Guila and Jericho threatened to take her away. When Veronica is fatally injured, she orders him to protect Elizabeth. Griamore later took Veronica's body to her favorite place called Pernes to bury her as requested by Elizabeth. He is reported dead by Hendrickson, which causes his father Dreyfus to grieve for several days. He returns to save Elizabeth from Hendrickson, fighting alongside his father. He possesses a power called Wall, that enables him to form spherical, defensive barriers, that cannot be affected by ordinary magic or physical attacks. He accompanies his cousin Gilthunder and Howzer in their search for answers, only to be saved by Hendrickson when they were attacked by the Gray Demons.
- During the training with the Druids, he somehow regresses to the age of a young child, returning to his normal age after being "kissed by the person they loved".
- Helbram (ヘルブラム Heruburamu)
- Voiced by: Ryōtarō Okiayu [as Aldrich], Hiroshi Kamiya [as Helbram the Fairy] (Japanese); Richard Epcar [as Aldrich], Kyle McCarley [as Helbram the Fairy] (English)
- A Holy Knight with the rank of Cardinal and Hendrickson's second in-command, who calls King his old friend. While at first he appeared as a human, it is revealed that he's also a fairy and was one of King's best friends. Helbram is just as cruel, ruthless and sadistic as the other Holy Knights, as he once tried to kill Diane just to make King upset. He used to be a kind and trusting fairy, enjoying the company of humans and was interested in their cultures and philosophies. However, after seeing humans tearing off the wings of his fairy friends and subsequently killing them, he was driven mad, developing an immense misanthropy, killing humans for five hundred years. King was forced to kill him, but because fairies' corpses don't rot, his body ended in the Black Market until it was bought and revived by Hendrickson. He is killed once more by King, telling him that the helmet he always carries was intended to be a gift for him. He is revived a second time by Hendrickson, this time as a mindless zombie with his skills diminished. He regains some consciousness and begs his friend to kill him. While at first the Fairy King hesitates in killing his friend a third time, Helbram yells at him they are no longer friends, which caused King to destroy his body. King picked up Helbram's old helmet and wondered if they were still friends in the end. It is shown that his spirit still inhabits his helmet and occasionally talks to King. On a mission of the sins in a haunted village, enraged spirits of humans take control of Diane's body making her attack his friends and herself. Helbram confess those are the souls of humans he killed when he was with holy knights so he gives to the possesed Diana, King's helmet that is bounded with his soul, which causes his soul to depart to afterlife. Remains of the bended helmet are used as a decoration in King new outfit.
- Other than his powers as a fairy, Helbram also could use a skill named Link, which allowed him to use the powers of others who allied themselves with him, being capable of combining attacks and transferring the damage to his allies.
- Vivian (ビビアン Bibian)
- Voiced by: Minako Kotobuki (Japanese); Marieve Herington (English)
- An enigmatic Holy Knight once directly serving under Hendrickson and used to be the apprentice of Merlin, the Boar's Sin of Gluttony. Vivian is regarded as the current greatest mage of the kingdom of Liones. She has an extreme hatred of pigs, shown when she encountered Hock, to which she snapped and teleported the talking pig to a faraway place from herself. She has been obsessed with Gilthunder for a very long time. According to Merlin, Vivian has a habit of losing herself to rage.
- Expelled by the king for her crimes, she disguised herself as a mage named Gilfrost, and kidnapped Gilthunder when they were fighting Fraudrin and Grayroad. It is revealed that Merlin placed on her a cursed ring that gives her bruises every time she uses her magic on Gilthunder and will kill her once they cover her whole body. Merlin also gave Gilthunder a secret word that makes her completely subservient to him. It is discovered that she had Gilthunder trapped in a tower high above the skies so she would have him only for herself forever. However, she is soon killed by Ludoshel, in Margaret's body, who willingly chose to let him possess her so she could retrieve Gilthunder.
- Gustaf (グスタフ Gusutafu)
- Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa (Japanese); Chris Hackney (English)
- Jericho's older brother, who used to work under Helbram and can use magic that allows him to control ice. He and Jericho weren't in good terms since the time he told her she could never become a knight like him, but it turned out the reason was because he was concerned about her. When Jericho turned into a Demon, he begged Ban to save his sister.
- He's eventually killed in the battle against the Ten Commandments by using his remaining strength to protect his sister.
The Weird Fangs (不気味な牙（ウィアード・ファング） Wiādo Fangu) are a group of knights protecting Baste Dungeon (バステ監獄 Basute Kangoku).
- Friesia (フリージア Furījia)
- Voiced by: Megumi Han (Japanese); Melissa Fahn (English)
- A Holy Knight with the ability to manipulate insects. Belonging to the infamous Weird Fangs stationed at Baste Dungeon, she aided in the capture of the Deadly Sin, Ban. Like the other Holy Knights, Freesia doesn't care who she hurts as long as she kills the enemy. Freesia teams up with Ruin to defeat the Seven Deadly Sins, but when Ruin's plan fails, Freesia is defeated by Diane. After a long absence, she and Ruin are revealed to have gone into hiding, only to be found by people who serve the Demons out of fear in exchange for sparing their lives. After witnessing Fraudrin consuming Ruin's soul, she's pinned down and left at the mercy of the Commandment.
- Golgius (ゴルギウス Gorugiusu)
- Voiced by: Chō (Japanese); Doug Stone (English)
- A Holy Knight, belonging to the infamous Weird Fangs stationed at Baste Dungeon, he aided in the capture of the Deadly Sin, Ban. Golgius tends to be a coward and uses tricks like his ability to become transparent in order to escape or kill. Golgius was the one who forced Dr. Dana to poison Meliodas while he was healing him. Golgius was later defeated by Meliodas and ran away. He eventually was injured and stumbled with the Boar Hat. After being nursed back to health, Hawk recognized his scent but Elizabeth admits she doesn't hold a grudge towards him.
- Ruin (ルイン)
- Voiced by: Atsushi Ono (Japanese); Marc Diraison (English)
- A Holy Knight belonging to the infamous Weird Fangs stationed at Baste Dungeon; he aided in the capture of the Deadly Sin, Ban. Ruin has the power to cast illusionary and hypnotic abilities, whose source is his staff's bell, as well as the ability to harden his body. Of all the Weird Fangs, Ruin was shown to be the cruelest, as he beat an unarmed Elizabeth and appeared to enjoy it. While apparently killed, Ruin and Friesia went into hiding, only for Fraudrin to consume his soul before he's able to react.
- Jude (ジュド Judo)
- Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama (Japanese); Jalen K. Cassell (English)
- A Holy Knight and one of the four Weird Fangs of Baste Dungeon who aided in the capture of the Deadly Sin, Ban. He tortured Ban mercilessly while keeping him imprisoned. Jude is believed to have been killed by Ban when he escaped.
- Jericho (ジェリコ Jeriko)
- Voiced by: Marina Inoue (Japanese); Erica Lindbeck (English)
- An apprentice Holy Knight who serves under the Weird Fangs. She is currently stationed at Baste Dungeon where Ban was imprisoned. Jericho disguises herself as a male due to her low self esteem about females being weaker than males. After she was defeated by Ban, Hendrickson then offered her and Twigo the chance to become New Generation Holy Knights by drinking the demon blood. Twigo failed the test, but Jericho passed which made her more comfortable about her gender but also became darker in personality and more serious than before.
- Jericho is a skilled swordswoman. She was able to move extremely fast and launch several slashes in an instant. After drinking a demon's blood, Jericho's abilities were greatly increased: she was able to defeat Ban with great ease, while he easily defeated her previously. In addition, Ban was mysteriously unable to regenerate from a wound caused by Jericho's attack, despite his regenerative abilities.
- After Hendrickson makes the demon blood in her body go out of control and turns into a monster, she's surprisingly saved by Ban, who steals the organ that makes her a demon.
- She seems to have developed a crush on Ban, and follows him and King to the Fairy King Forest, despite not being wanted by either Ban or the Fairies. She later follows Ban to his hometown and witnesses the reunion between Ban and Zhivago. When a revived Elaine tries to kill her in jealousy, she expresses her love for Ban and manages to snap Elaine from her anger. Jericho refuses to abandon Ban and Elaine to the Ten Commandments and carries them for hours until they stumble with a bar owned by no other than Escanor.
- After her brother's tragic death, she discovers that she also has ice magic powers, and decides to carry her brother's will.
Dawn Roar (暁闇の咆哮（ドーン・ロアー） Dōn Roā) are a group of independent Knights known for their tenacity, sent to hunt down the Armored Giant.
- Slader (スレイダー Sureidā)
- Voiced by: Shinichiro Miki (Japanese); Doug Erholtz (English)
- The leader of Dawn Roar, a tall, long-haired, and effeminate man fully loyal to Baltra, the king of Liones, who rescued him from savages when he was a youth. He wears an iron mask and wields a sawlike blade into battle. His ability is "Overpower", which allows him to momentarily freeze an enemy in place through sheer intimidation. He later accompanies the Seven Deadly Sins in their mission against the Ten Commandments.
- Simon (サイモン Saimon)
- Voiced by: Ryōsuke Kanemoto (Japanese); Lucien Dodge (English)
- The seemingly youngest member of Dawn Roar, he is a young, long-haired boy who wields a long katana-like blade and wears a samurai-esque armor.
- Weinheidt (ワインハイト Wainhaito)
- Voiced by: Hideki Nishimura (Japanese); Kyle Hebert (English)
- The archer of Dawn Roar, who fights with a bow and arrow from the back line while the rest of his team stays at the forefront. He is able to engulf his arrows in energy and create an illusionary double of himself. He was killed by the Fraudrin-possessed Dreyfus, alongside Jillian and Hugo.
- Jillian (ジリアン Jirian)
- Voiced by: Erika Sawai (Japanese); Johanna Luis (English)
- The only female of Dawn Roar, she wields a sword and can ensnare her enemies with magical binding. She is killed by the Fraudrin-possessed Dreyfus, alongside Weinheidt and Hugo.
- Hugo (ヒューゴ Hyūgo)
- Voiced by: Hiroki Yamada
- The largest member of Dawn Roar, he is covered from head to toe in armor and wields two weapons similar in appearance to sawblades on a stick. He is killed by the Fraudrin-possessed Dreyfus, alongside Weinheidt and Jillian.
Pleiades of the Azure Sky
- Denzel Liones (デンゼル・リオネス Denzeru Rionesu)
- The leader of the Pleiades of the Azure Sky and younger brother of King Baltra Liones. He possesses the ability Judgement (審判（ジャッジメント） Shinpan (Jajjimento)), that uses the opponent's guilt of killing the people depending on how many they came across and "judge" them. In a desperate attempt to fight the Ten Commandments he lets the Goddess Nerobasta possess his body, tragically, the Goddess is unwilling to help and both are killed by a furious Derrierie.
- Deathpierce (デスピアス Desupiasu)
- Voiced by: Yohei Azakami (Japanese); Ben Lepley (English)
- Second-in-Command of the Pleiades of the Azure Sky. His ability is Melody (旋律（メロディ） Senritsu (Merodi)) that allows him to control the rhythm and flow of magic similarly to a song allowing him to delay magical attacks by a considerable amount making any offensive magic used before him redundant.
- Arden (アーデン Āden)
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Japanese); Billy Kametz (English)
- The youngest member of the Pleiades. His ability is Vain (無駄（ベイン） Muda(Bein); literally meaning "Useless") that when imbued in weapons it can increase the magical burden of an opponent's abilities. This effect can be applied multiple times, preventing powers which use a significant amount of magic from activating.
- Deldry (デルドレー Derudorē)
- Voiced by: Emiri Katō (Japanese); Kayli Mills (English)
- The only female among the Pleiades. Her ability is Love Drive (衝動（ラブドライブ） Shōdō (Rabu Doraibu); literally meaning "Impulse"), that's capable of inspiring intensify feelings and of love and loyalty towards her. She's in love with Arden but he's oblivious to her attraction.
- Dogedo (ドゲッド Dogeddo)
- Voiced by: Hiromichi Tezuka
- A cocky and seemingly arrogant Platinum Holy Knight. He challenged Meliodas to a fight since he didn't believed his strength was true. After being easily defeated, Death Pierce mentioned that he had lost a friend in the battle against Hendrickson. When he recklessly kills a demon-turned servant in the presence of Grayroad, the curse of the Commandment drains his life, killing him.
- Waillo (ワイーヨ Waīyo)
- Voiced by: Ryunosuke Watanuki (Japanese); Kirk Thornton (English)
- A Platinum-ranked Holy Knight and a member of the Pleiades of the Azure Sky, he's also the brother of the late apprentice Holy Knight Twigo. He is greatly infatuated with Deldry, but whether this is genuine affection or an effect of her Love Drive is unknown.
One of the five races of Britannia, led by the Supreme Deity, the Goddess Clan is the Demon Clan's equal in power. 3,000 years ago, as a result of Elizabeth falling in love with Meliodas, the Goddess clan declared war on the Demon Clan with support from the humans, the giants, and the fairies. Though they won the war, most of the Goddess Race have lost their physical bodies, leaving humans as the dominant race in Britannia since war also took a toll on the giants and fairies.
- Ludoshel (リュドシェル Ryudosheru)
- One of the Four Archangels of the Goddess clan. While seemingly polite and wanting to bring peace to Britannia, his hatred of the Demon clan was so great that not only he lied to Meliodas about wanting peace with his brethren, he manipulated Goddess Elizabeth into distracting the Ten Commandments until he unleashed a spell that killed all the Demon hostages, most of them non-combatants. In the present day, he summons Elizabeth's older sister Margaret and takes her body as a host with which to restart the Holy War.
- He eventually leads Merlin, Escanor, Hendrickson and Gilthunder in order to stop Meliodas becoming the new demon king. He even states that he can not allow Meliodas to live after their victory. He fights Zeldris and defeat him as he teams with Escanor. However when Gowther' memory spell fades, Ludoshel is shocked of learning what really happened with Mael and asks Hendrickson to take him to his young brother. He is purged from Margaret's body by Hendrickson, who asks to be used as his new vessel, Ludoshel heals him instead and fights Cusack and Chandler fusion: The sinner.
- He reunites with Mael for the first time in years when the latter save him and the rest of the sins.
- Nerobasta (ネロバスタ Nerobasuta)
- Voiced by: Mamiko Noto (Japanese); Julia McIlvaine (English)
- A Goddess sealed within Denzel Liones sword. Despite Denzel's sacrifice to allow her to take possession of his body, she showed no care or empathy for the humans. When confronted by Derrierie for their brutal murder of demon hostages, she showed cowardice by claiming to be just following orders and tried to flee. This response enrages the Commandment and Nerobasta tries to beg for her life, only for the demon to kill both of them.
- Elizabeth (エリザベス Erizabesu)
- Voiced by: Sora Amamiya (Japanese); Erika Harlacher (English)
- A Goddess and the original incarnation of Liz and Elizabeth Liones. Identical in appearance to Elizabeth except without her hair covering her right eye, she is apparently the reason why Meliodas betrayed the Demon clan. When her relationship with Meliodas is revealed, Elizabeth is killed as a traitor and cursed to reincarnate endlessly in order to make the now immortal Meliodas suffer.
- Her power seemed to be the ability to make any enemy in front of her to lose the will to fight. Unfortunately, this power allowed Ludoshel to kill demon hostages when she tried to negotiate with the Ten Commandments.
Liones royal family
- Bartra Liones (バルトラ・リオネス Barutora Rionesu)
- Voiced by: Rintarō Nishi (Japanese); Michael McConnohie (English)
- The King of Liones and Elizabeth's adoptive father who is held captive by the Holy Knights after their coup d'état. He possesses a power known as Vision, which allows him to see into the future, hence why he knew about the Holy War. After Hendrickson's defeat, he forgave the Holy Knights since he knew they were being manipulated and they still need their strength to fight the upcoming Holy War. His name is romanized "Baltra" in the first fanbook, but this is changed to "Bartra" in the second fanbook and volume 22.
- Margaret Liones (マーガレット・リオネス Māgaretto Rionesu)
- Voiced by: Nana Mizuki (Japanese); Johanna Luis (English)
- The First Princess of Liones and Elizabeth's eldest adoptive sister. Ten years before the start of the story, she witnessed the murder of Zaratras at the hands of Hendrickson and Dreyfus and told Gilthunder. Unfortunately, Hendrickson found out and she voluntarily allowed herself to be imprisoned by the Holy Knights, while she was used as a leverage to force Gilthunder obey Hendrickson. She is later possessed by Archangel Ludoshel, due to her latent magical abilities, for the upcoming war against the demon clan.
- Veronica Liones (ベロニカ・リオネス Beronika Rionesu)
- Voiced by: Hisako Kanemoto (Japanese); Abby Trott (English)
- The Second Princess of Liones and Elizabeth's elder adoptive sister. She is described as a tomboy. As a child, she used to play with swords with boys, which her father scolded for. Despite sharing the Holy Knights' views on enslaving citizens, she deeply cares about Elizabeth. She sacrificed herself to protect Elizabeth, but eventually it is shown she recovered thanks to Elizabeth's power.
- Arthur Pendragon (アーサー・ペンドラゴン Āsā Pendoragon)
- Voiced by: Sachi Kokuryu (Japanese); Zach Aguilar (English)
- The young king of Camelot who is being mentored by Merlin. He possesses a great power that even allowed him to fight Hendrickson, but even he isn't really sure what kind of power it is. He offered Meliodas the position of Great Holy Knight in his kingdom, but Meliodas puts his offer on hold until the kingdom is saved (and he still has the Boar Hat to run). He later joins the Seven Deadly Sins in their mission against the Ten Commandments. He is destined to use the Holy Sword Excalibur, which possess the power and skill of all its former users from the past. As it was passed on, it eventually began to determine which person should wield it. Each time a person uses it, their soul moves into the blade making it stronger, and making sure that the next person had to be strong enough to wield it. As such, it showed Arthur's true potential as a "King among Kings" by being chosen by Excalibur. Having admired Meliodas all his life, Arthur becomes disillusioned when he sees his idol had willingly given into his demonic nature, and while he manages to retrieve Excalibur, fighting with the sword takes a lot out of his energy. Cusack then manipulated Arthur's body so he would impale himself with Excalibur.
One of the heads of the druids alongside her sister Zaneri in their sacred land Istar. Unlike her serious sister, Jenna is energetic and show interest of outsiders, even teasing and messing with others. She supervises the physical training of the Seven Deadly Sins in preparation for their battle against the Ten Commandments. It is revealed she and Zaneri are Goddesses who lost their powers in the war 3,000 years ago, but were allowed to borrow the body of the twin sisters that they currently inhabit in order to escape the battlefield.
- Zaneri (ザネリ Zaneri)
- Voiced by: Haruka Chisuga (Japanese); Michelle Ruff (English)
- The other head of the Druids and Jenna's younger twin sister. Unlike her energetic and cheerful sister, Zaneri is very serious at her job as head of the Druids. However, she seem to have a fondness toward Meliodas and helps Elizabeth and Meliodas train mentally, so Meliodas can receive back his original strength. Elizabeth can make her lose her temper and make her upset. It is revealed she and Jenna are Goddesses who lost their powers in the war 3,000 years ago, but were allowed to borrow the body of the twin sisters that they currently inhabit in order to escape the battlefield.
- Matrona (マトローナ Matorōna)
- Voiced by: Rina Satō (Japanese); Allegra Clark (English)
- A warrior chief of the Giant Clan and Diane and Dolores' mentor. Known as the Fang of the Great Earth, Matrona is a proud giantess, willing to go into battle for payment and merciless toward her enemies, but at the same time, show honor and respect toward her opponent once they give her a good battle. She was a friend of Diane's parents and took care of her when they passed, but her tough personality made them clash a lot. When she and Diane were hired by a group of Liones Holy Knights, the knights deceived them and tried to kill them to gain prestige. She saved Diane from a poisonous arrow and used the last of her strength to take down the Holy Knights before supposedly dying. However, she somehow survived and appeared just in time to save Diane from Galand and Monspeet. While the incident cost her her right leg (on which she now has a peg leg fitted), she was rescued and nursed to health by Zalpa, a barbarian that Diane spared prior to the incident with the knights. Having been saved, her overall outlook on things changed and now she helps him raise his kids Della and Sol. When her adoptive children fall ill, she accompanies Diane in a search for a cure, joining the tournament prepared by Drole and Gloxinia.
- Zhivago (ジバゴ Jibago)
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe (Japanese); Marc Diraison (English)
- A Werefox who was imprisoned at the Aberdeen Prison and who raised Ban in his youth and taught him how to steal. He considered Ban to be like his son. He's also the one who told Ban of the Fountain of Youth in the Fairy King's Forest. One day he was forced to choose save either Ban from people who had captured him, or his son Selion from a group of hunters. He chose the latter but was too late and Selion died in his arms, and as a result he believed he had lost both of them.
- 30 years later Ban and Jericho found him as he was dying of an illness, and after telling his story, Ban revealed his identity to his foster father. After a brief, but heartwarming reunion, Zhivago passes away in front of his foster son. He later sacrifices his soul to save Ban's soul from being eaten by Galand, despite knowing that he would never see his son Selion again as a result.
Other supporting characters
- Hawk's Mother (ホークママ Hōku Mama)
- Voiced by: Kayo Nakajima
- Hawk's massive, green mother who transports the Boar Hat bar on her back. When she finds a suitable location to place the bar, she burrrows underground so that only the bar rests on the surface. Unlike Hawk, she can't speak. She is uncommonly powerful, being able to beat Red and Grey Demons with ease and even consuming Monspeet's power without any ill effects.
- Elaine (エレイン Erein)
- Voiced by: Kotori Koiwai (Japanese); Brianna Knickerbocker (English)
- Elaine is a princess of the Fairy Clan (妖精族 Yōsei Zoku) and King's sister, as well as the Guardian Saint of the Fountain of Youth. Elaine held the post for 700 years, after her brother left in search of his best friend Helbram. She has the power to control the nature and the wind around herself. During her time protecting the fountain, she met Ban who wanted the fountain, but they ended up growing close together. Both she and Ban were mortally wounded by a demon that destroyed her home Fairy King Forest. However, she used the last of her strength to give Ban the fountain water so he could survive and defeat the creature, but he is later blamed for the event. After her death, Elaine resides in the Capital of the Dead (死者の都). She's brought back to the world of the living by Melascula, with her negative feelings making her try to kill Jericho. Thanks to Jericho's words of encouragement, she overcame her grief and negative emotions, and despite weakening, she remained alive thanks to her strong attachment to the world; however, Melascula's spell still binds her in a way that, should she be killed, Elaine will die again. Like her brother King, Elaine grows a pair of wings as a sign of her power growth and uses it to help the seven deadly sins to fight Melascula.
- After Ban goes to purgatory for finding Melioda's emotions. She fights along with Holy knights as she waits for Ban, in battle she starts dying again but Ban uses his new powers to bring her back to life, sacrificing his immortality in the process and successfully resurrecting her.
- Oslow (オスロー Osurō)
- A Black Hound (a dog-like creature similar to Fairies) and King's pet, who is capable of changing its size and that can teleport anyone or anything by swallowing it. Even though he can´t speak he usually growls whenever he wants to communicate and is understood by King, Elaine or Hawk. He is very close to the latter to the point he calls him big brother. He sacrifices his life when Mael tries to attack King with a blast, however his soul is enchanted by Mael so he can retain his memories of his previous life in his next reencarnation.
- Cain Barzad (ケイン＝バルザド Kein Baruzado)
- Voiced by: Takashi Inagaki (Japanese); Steve Kramer (English)
- Cain Barzad is an elderly man who lead the Deadly Sins to the Vaizel annual fighting festival, which he also joined. He used to be a knight from Danafor kingdom and comrade of Meliodas until the kingdom was destroyed. He fought Meliodas after defeating King, and at first thought that Meliodas (who used alias Meliodath) was the latter's son until Meliodas revealed that he was Meliodas himself. He then fought Meliodas in anger, as he thought that Meliodas betrayed and destroyed their kingdom along with their comrades. However, Meliodas convinced him that he never betrayed his kingdom and his friends. Believing Meliodas's words, Cain admits defeat, letting Meliodas win to go to the next round against Diane.
- Liz (リズ)
- Voiced by: Sora Amamiya (Japanese); Erika Harlacher (English)
- Elizabeth, nicknamed Liz, was a knight from Danafor and Meliodas' past lover. She was sold to the enemy's country as a slave and did not trust anyone as a result. One night, she was sent to launch a surprise attack on Danafor, but she failed and was sentenced to death. However, she was saved by Meliodas, who was against her punishment. When Meliodas's subordinates were against his decision to spare Liz, he declared them as his enemies. This caused Liz to call Meliodas as a stupid simpleton and thought that Meliodas only wanted her for her body at first. As they spent much time together, Liz began to open up to Meliodas and his friends, and she eventually became Meliodas's lover. She died during a great war that eventually resulted in the destruction of Danafor. Before she died in Meliodas's arms, she told Meliodas that while he can forget about himself, he must never forget the principles he stand by. She once gave Meliodas a sword as a present, but Meliodas refused it because of his fear of killing humans, that is until Elizabeth finally convinced him to use the sword. Liz bears resemblance with Elizabeth in both face and voice, since Elizabeth is the reincarnation of Liz.
- MD Staff (20 March 2017). "Meliad". MythologyDictionary.com [MD]. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- MD Staff (20 March 2017). "Escanor". MythologyDictionary.com [MD]. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- MD Staff (20 March 2017). "Merlin". MythologyDictionary.com [MD]. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- MD Staff (20 March 2017). "Arthur". MythologyDictionary.com [MD]. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- Hansell, Chris (December 2, 2015). "Seven Deadly Sins Has a Groping Problem". Cultured Vultures. Retrieved March 19, 2017.
[Quote:] Meliodas’ lecherous groping is played for laughs and is near unavoidable for the first few episodes… [In The Seven Deadly Sins,] the main character is a pervert without even a basic understanding of consent and not once is he called out on this in any meaningful way…
- MD Staff (20 March 2017). "British Mythology". MythologyDictionary.com [MD]. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- MD Staff (20 March 2017). "Mythology Dictionary". MythologyDictionary.com [MD]. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- RLDP Staff (20 March 2017). "A Glossary of Names, Allusions, and Technical Terms in T. H. White's The Once and Future King and The Book of Merlyn". Robbins Library Digital Projects [RLDP]. Rochester, NY: Rochester University. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- "The Seven Deadly Sins". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
As a “Netflix Original Series” (and at the time of this writing that is the only place it can be accessed), SDS sports an English dub courtesy of Bang Zoom! Entertainment. Unless you're tired of hearing Bryce Papenbrook as the male lead in seemingly everything these days (he's become in the 2010s what Johnny Yong Bosch was earlier in the 2000s), the English cast is very well-chosen.
- "Over 120,000 Fans Pick King as the Best Seven Deadly Sins Character". Anime News Network. 2015-02-20. Retrieved 2015-02-20.
- Character profiles at Kodansha USA