List of Thor (Marvel Comics) enemies
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Thor enemies)
This is a list of Thor's rogues gallery.
- Ares – The son of Zeus and Hera, he was worshiped as the god of war in ancient Greece and Rome. Ares dissatisfaction with Zeus' rule of Olympus began after Zeus' decree that worship of the Olympians should be allowed to die out.
- Atum – Also known as Demogorge the God Eater, a being created to consume the gods.
- Arkin – also known as Arkin the Weak. When he heard of Thor's banishment he rushed to tell Queen Knorda of the mountain giants, in hopes of winning her love, though this was a ruse created by both Thor and Odin to weed out a traitor in the Asgardian court. (First appearance Journey into Mystery #109 (October 1964)
- Blackheart – Created by Mephisto
- Bloodaxe – A woman named Jackie Lucas who found the axe once wielded by Skurge the Executioner, and picking up the axe was transformed by its magic into a superhuman being. She was primarily an enemy of Thunderstrike.
- Crusader – A seminary student in Chicago who believed that the church should become more active in fighting paganism and godlessness in modern society.
- Carbon-Copy Men – Shape-shifting aliens who tried to take over the World by impersonating people and causing chaos. But they were defeated by Thor and their leader was hurled into space by him, where he died.
- Desak – The God Slayer of unnamed world, where the inhabitants worship a god called Kronnitt.
- Destroyer – An enchanted suit of armor forged by Odin. To be activated the spirit of another must enter it, which leaves their body inanimate.
- Durok the Demolisher – A creature created by Karnilla the Norn Queen at the behest of Loki to defeat Thor. Slain by Lady Sif.
- Ego the Living Planet – In the so-called "Black Galaxy," a portion of space unknown to Earth, the entity known as Ego came into being as any planet would, from coalescing cosmic gases and dust. However, Ego evolved consciousness and intelligence as well. He can control his body and even create organisms from it.
- Enchanters Three – Brothers and hail from the realm of Ringsfjord, which exists on the extra-dimensional continent of Asgard.
- Enchantress – Asgardian called Amora (based on Latin for love) who began learning magic as an apprentice of Karnilla, Queen of the Norns but was eventually banished. She continued learning magic on her own, notably by seducing others well versed in magic and learning their secrets. She is among the best Asgardian spellcasters.
- Executioner – The son of an Asgardian goddess and a storm giant who fell in love with Amora. He is one of the strongest and greatest warriors in Asgard. However he later died on a mission to the Underworld by sacrificing himself to save Thor.
- Fafnir – Once the King of Nastrond, a land on the other dimensional continent of Asgard.
- Fenris Wolf – A child of the trickster Loki and the giantess Angrboda. A mystical wolf-like creature of Asgardian dimension of Niffelheim.
- Galactus – Only survivor of the universe before the big bang. Devourer of worlds
- Gorr the God Butcher – An alien whose bitterness at the lack of godly intervention and discovery of the powerful necrosword causes him to form a quest to destroy every god in the Marvel Universe.
- Grey Gargoyle – A French chemist and lab assistant who gained his powers including turning people to stone for an hour with a touch by accidentally spilling an unknown concoction on himself, also giving himself a stone-like form, though he can still move.
- Grog – The God-Slayer, a member of the Heliopolitan race of gods.
- Growing Man – A stimuloid, a form of android created by Kosmosians a race enslaved by Kang the Conqueror, the ruler of an alternate future earth.
- Hela – A child of the trickster God Loki and the giantess Angrboda. The Asgardian Goddess of Death and ruler of Hel and Niflheim, two of the Nine Realms.
- Juggernaut – Army Soldier exposed to the Crimson gem of Cyttorak. Stepbrother of Professor X
- Karnilla – The Norn Queen is a sorceress and the Queen of Nornheim (one of the Asgardian provinces).
- Kryllk the Cruel – An Asgardian Troll Leader who fought Spider-Man and Thor.
- Kurse – The most powerful of a race of Dark Elves, and was known as Algrim the Strong. He is coerced by the Dark Elf Malekith the Accursed.
- Knorda – Though human sized, Knorda is an Asgardian queen of the Mountain Giants and possesses superhuman strength and durability, as well as being highly resistant to cold, aging and conventional disease. Given her garment, one would speculate that she is an experienced warrior. When Arkin the Weak tells Knorda that Thor was banished by Odin she leads her people and Arkin into combat though she is defeated when it is revealed that Thor's banishment is a ruse. In defeat she offers her axe and tells Arkin to never speak to her again (1st Appearance: Journey Into Mystery #109)
- Laufey – The ruler of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim, one of the Nine Worlds of Asgardian cosmology and Loki's biological father.
- Loki – Thor's archenemy and adoptive brother. The son of Laufey, ruler of the Frost Giants of Jotunheim, one of the "Nine Worlds" of the Asgardian cosmology. He is a master of spellcasting and trickery.
- Lorelei – The sister of Amora the Enchantress, and possesses some skills in Asgardian magic and in seduction.
- Malekith the Accursed – The ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, one of the Nine Worlds of Asgardian cosmology.
- Mangog – He is the sum total of the hatred of a billion billion beings that were once killed by the ruler of Asgard. Imprisoned deep beneath Asgard, Mangog is accidentally freed by the Rock Troll Ulik, and seeks to destroy Asgard.
- Megatak – An industrial spy. He was inside an experimental video display when he gained his powers.
- Mephisto – A demon who rules another dimension and has clashed with Thor on different occasions.
- Mercurio the 4-D Man – Alien with the ability to generate flames from the right hand and extreme cold from the left.
- Midgard Serpent – A monstrous creature large enough to coil round the Earth whom Thor is destined to battle during Ragnarök.
- Mister Hyde – Amoral doctor turned rampaging strong man when he takes a potion he invented and former partner of Cobra.
- Mongoose – Probably a real mongoose before his powers were genetically engineered by the High Evolutionary to serve as his agent.
- Pluto – The Roman god of the Underworld and the dead.
- Perrikus – Member of a race known as the Dark Gods.
- Quicksand – Once a scientist working at a nuclear facility. An accident transforms her body into a sand-like substance.
- Radioactive Man – A Chinese physicist who can manipulate radiation due to deliberate exposure to it after the Chinese Government tried to create a super-being.
- Sandu – A circus performer with limited extra-sensory powers which were enhanced by Loki.
- Seth – Egyptian God of Evil.
- Shatterfist – user of 'Power Gloves', member of Masters of Evil.
- Surtur – A fire demon of Muspelheim, one of the Nine Worlds of Asgardian cosmology and ruler of the Fire Demons with power rivalling that of Odin.
- Titania – A supervillainess who is married to the Absorbing Man and was given superhuman strength by Doctor Doom.
- Thermal Man – A Chinese humanoid capable of energy projection
- Wrecking Crew – Four supervillains whose flesh have been toughened by Asgardian magic.
- Zarrko, the Tomorrow Man – An evil scientist from the future, who built a time machine to escape from his peaceful 23rd century and visit more primitive periods, hoping to become a ruler.
- Thor Vol. 2 #82 (2004)