List of Toyota manufacturing facilities
- 1 Toyota Manufacturing facilities
- 2 Joint venture, licensed, and contract factories
- 3 Former joint venture, licensed, and Toyota factories
- 4 References
Toyota Manufacturing facilities
- Brussels – European R&D facility since 1987. Similar facilities were opened in Germany (1993) and France (2000)
Toyota do Brasil Ltda.
- São Bernardo do Campo, São Paulo – Corolla & Hilux autoparts. Production of Land Cruiser Bandeirantes started in 1958 (first plant outside Japan).
- Indaiatuba, São Paulo – Corolla. Production started in 1998.
- Sorocaba, São Paulo – Etios and Yaris. Started in 2012.
- Porto Feliz, São Paulo – Engine plant. Production will start in the second half of 2015.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
- Canadian Autoparts Toyota, Inc. (CAPTIN), Delta, British Columbia – Aluminium wheels for Canada, US and Japan. Around 1.45 million wheels produced annually.
- PT Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia, Karawang, West Java – Innova, Fortuner, Etios Valco, Vios, Yaris
In 2011, Toyota Motor Corporation will invest in a new plant that will produce about 70,000 vehicles a year when complete for Rp 5,500,000,000,000 (US$638 million) besides Rp 2,600,000,000,000 (US$302 million) to expand its sales outlets throughout the country. The current production is 110,000 units vehicles per year.
|Operator||Plant name||Location||Main products||Start of operations||Unit production||Employees|
|Toyota Motor Corporation||Honsha||Toyota, Aichi||Forged parts, hybrid system parts, chassis parts||1938-11||1,776|
|Motomachi||Toyota, Aichi||Crown, Mark X, Estima, Mirai, LFA, LC||1959-08||73,000||4,085|
|Kamigo||Toyota, Aichi||Engines M, K, S, R, T||1965-11||3,034|
|Takaoka||Toyota, Aichi||Corolla, iQ, Auris||1966-09||179,000||3,293|
|Miyoshi||Miyoshi, Aichi||Transmission-related parts, forged parts, engine-related parts||1968-07||–||1,456|
|Tsutsumi||Toyota, Aichi||Prius, Camry, Premio, Allion, Celica (1970-1978), Scion tC||1970-12||510,000||5,045|
|Myochi||Miyoshi, Aichi||Powertrain-related parts||1973-06||1,512|
|Shimoyama||Miyoshi, Aichi||Engines, turbochargers, catalytic converters||1975-03||1,535|
|Kinu-ura||Hekinan, Aichi||Transmission-related parts||1978-08||3,062|
|Tahara||Tahara, Aichi||Celica (1979-1999), LS, GS, IS, GX, RC, RAV4, Wish, Land Cruiser, 4Runner, Vanguard, engines||1979-01||396,000||7,821|
|Teiho||Toyota, Aichi||Mechanical equipment, moldings for resin and casting and forging||1986-02||1,083|
|Hirose||Toyota, Aichi||Research and development and production of electronic control devices, ICs||1989-03||1,605|
|Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd.||Kariya||Kariya, Aichi||Vehicles for the elderly and people with disabilities "Welcab", Coms||1945-08-31|
|Kotobuki New Development Center||Toyota, Aichi||1960-05|
|Yoshiwara||Toyota, Aichi||Lexus LX, Land Cruiser (J200), Land Cruiser (J70), Coaster||1962-01|
|Fujimatsu||Kariya, Aichi||Estima, Estima Hybrid, Voxy, Noah, Prius||1964-01|
|Inabe||Inabe, Mie||Alphard, Alphard Hybrid, Vellfire, Vellfire Hybrid, HiAce||1993-12|
|Gifu Auto Body Honsha (Gifu Auto Body Co., Ltd.)||Kakamigahara, Gifu||HiAce, ambulances||1940-10|
|Toyota Motor Kyushu, Inc.||Miyata||Miyawaka, Fukuoka||IS, ES, HS, CT, UX, RX, SAI, Harrier, Highlander||1992-12-22||309,000||7,154|
|Kokura||Kokura, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka||Transaxles||2008-08-01|
|Toyota Motor Hokkaido, Inc.||Tomakomai, Hokkaido||Transmissions, powertrain-related parts||1991-02-08||2,394|
|Toyota Motor East Japan, Inc.||Formerly, Kanto Auto Works, Ltd.||Higashi Fuji||Susono, Shizuoka||Century, Crown, Crown Comfort, Comfort, Isis, Corolla Fielder, Corolla (export), and Celica (1999-2006) ||1967-05||343,000||7,441|
|Iwate||Kanegasaki, Iwate||Blade, ist, Ractis, Belta, Yaris, Aqua||1993-11|
|Suyama (formerly, Higashi Fuji Machine)||Susono, Shizuoka||Stamping molds for vehicles||2009-06|
|Formerly, Central Motor Co., Ltd.||Miyagi Ohira (formerly, Miyagi)||Ōhira, Miyagi||Corolla Axio, Yaris, Belta, auto bodies, auto parts, molds, machine tools, measuring instruments, and machinery and equipment||1950-09|
|Formerly, Toyota Motor Tohoku Corporation||Miyagi Taiwa||Taiwa, Miyagi||Electronically controlled brake actuators (ABS, ECB), axles, torque converters, etc.||1997-07|
|Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd.||Ikeda||Ikeda, Osaka||bB, Passo||1939-05||1,251|
|Kyoto||Ōyamazaki, Kyoto||Passo Sette, Porte, Probox, Sienta, Succeed||1973-04||1,151|
|Oita (Nakatsu) (Daihatsu Motor Kyushu Co., Ltd)||Nakatsu, Ōita||Pixis Space, Rush||2004-11||2,346|
|Toyota Industries Corporation||Nagakusa||Ōbu, Aichi||Mark X, RAV4, Vitz, Zio||1967||2,887|
|Hino Motors, Ltd.||Hamura||Hamura, Tokyo||Dyna, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser Prado, ToyoAce|
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing de Baja California, Baja California – Toyota Tacoma, 160,000 vehicles per year
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Guanajuato – Toyota Tacoma, factory under construction in 2019, estimated start of production in December 2019, 100,000 vehicles per year
- Toyota Motor Philippines Corporation, Santa Rosa, Province of Laguna – Innova, Vios – 28,000 units produced. Formerly produced Revo and Corolla (transferred production to Thailand).
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Poland Sp. z o.o. Engines (both gasoline and diesel), semi-automatic and manual gear shifts and crankshafts.
- The 224-ha factory in Shushary was laid down in 2005 and launched production on December 21, 2007. Currently produces 20,000 2.4L and 3.5L Toyota Camry vehicles per year, the production and model row might be extended in future.
- Toyota SA – Prospecton, Durban – Corolla, Fortuner, Quantum, Hilux and an assortment of Hino Trucks. Assembly began in 1962, by Motor Assemblies who also built Volvos and Ramblers. Their Durban plant was opened in 1970, but they had been assembled for several years already. The Stout was the first Toyota available in South Africa, beginning in 1961.
- Toyota Gateway plant, Hua Samrong, Chachoengsao – Vios, Yaris sedan, Yaris hatchback, Corolla, Camry
- Toyota Samrong plant, Samrong Tai, Samut Prakan – Hilux Vigo, Fortuner (Fortuner V6 VVT-i Export Middle East)
- Toyota Ban Pho plant, Lad Kwang, Chachoengsao – Hilux Vigo (export models)
- Siam Toyota Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Chonburi – Engines
- Toyota Manufacturing UK, Burnaston, Derbyshire – Auris and Avensis. Corolla only from 2019.
- Toyota Manufacturing UK, Deeside, North Wales - Engines
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi, Inc., (TMMMS) is located in Blue Springs. Vehicle manufacture and assembly – Corolla.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc., (TMMK) is located in Georgetown. Engine manufacture – 2GR-FE and 2AR-FE. Vehicle manufacture and assembly – Camry, Hybrid Camry, Avalon, Avalon Hybrid, and Lexus ES. The RAV4 hybrid is due to start in 2020.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas, Inc (TMMTX) is located in San Antonio. Vehicle manufacture and assembly – Tundra & Tacoma.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana, Inc. (TMMI) is located in Princeton, Indiana. Vehicle manufacture and assembly – Sequoia, Sienna, Highlander & Highlander Hybrid.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama, Inc. (TMMAL), is located in Huntsville. Engine manufacture 1GR-FE, 1UR-FE and 3UR-FE. Engines mostly for TMMTX and some TMMI.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia, Inc. (TMMWV), is located in Buffalo. Engine manufacture 2GR-FE, 2ZR-FE and 1AR-FE.
- Toyota de Venezuela, C.A (TDV), Cumana, Sucre State. This Plant located in the northeast of Venezuela, produces Toyota Corolla, Toyota Hilux, Toyota Fortuner and Daihatsu Terios. Previously a large maker of Land Cruiser 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80 series, and 4Runner.
Joint venture, licensed, and contract factories
- Toyota Peugeot Citroën Automobile Czech (joint venture with PSA Peugeot Citroën), Kolín, Czech Republic – Aygo
- Tianjin FAW Toyota – Toyota Corolla, Toyota Crown, Toyota Reiz, Toyota Vios
- Guangzhou Toyota – Toyota Camry, Toyota Yaris
- Indus Motors Company ltd. (IMC) is a joint venture for assembling, progressive manufacturing and marketing of Toyota vehicles in Pakistan since 1990. IMC's production facilities are located near Karachi in an area measuring over 105 acres (0.42 km2).
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor Private Limited, Bidadi, Karnataka (Corolla Altis, Innova Crysta, Fortuner, Etios Sedan, Etios Hatchback, Etios Cross Hatchback and Yaris Sedan).
- Kuozui Motors – Corolla Altis, Vios, Innova, Camry, Yaris, Dyna, WISH, Previa.
- Hotai Motor Co., Ltd. – Corolla Altis, Vios, Camry, Prius, Yaris, Innova, Previa, RAV4, Alphard, WISH.
- Toyota Motor Vietnam (Vios, Corolla, Camry, Land Cruiser, Zace, Hiace, Innova, Fortuner), Vĩnh Phúc, on the outskirts of Hanoi
- Ontario, California (2004) – Toyota components and Hino trucks
- Marion, Arkansas (2006) – Differential, rear axle and suspension related parts
- Williamstown, Wood County, West Virginia (2007) – plant produces Class 6, 7 trucks for the US
- Woodstock, Ontario (2006) – Produces Class 6, 7 trucks for Canada
- Guanajuato, Mexico (2009) – produces 500 series trucks with partner Mitsui
Former joint venture, licensed, and Toyota factories
- Altona, Victoria – Camry and Aurion (formerly Avalon). The announcement of its closure came in February 2014. For the facility to be closed by October 2017.
- SOFASA, 1996-2009.
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. is located in Lafayette, Indiana. Vehicle manufacture and assembly – Subaru Legacy, Toyota Camry from February 28, 2007, to May 27, 2016. Then production moved back to Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky.
- New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc. in Fremont, California, was a joint venture with General Motors from 1984 to 2010. The plant was previously a GM plant and is now the Tesla Factory.
- "Worldwide Operations". Toyota. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Histórioa da Toyota no Brasil" (in Portuguese). Brazil: Toyota. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Dal Poggetto, Priscila (2012-09-17). "Toyota Etios parte de R$ 29.990; veja todos os preços e versões". Globo.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Fact Sheet" (PDF). Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada. Retrieved 2017-09-23.
- "Toyota Cambridge Plant North". Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada. Retrieved 2017-09-23.
- Yulisman, Linda (2011-09-14). "Toyota to spend Rp 5.5t for RI expansion". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Japanese Production and Dealer Sites". Toyota Motor Corporation. 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Toyota Motor Corporation Global Website". Toyota Motor Corporation. 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2015-06-28.
- "Affiliates (Toyota wholly-owned subsidiaries)-Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd". Toyota Motor Corporation. 2012. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Profile". Toyota Auto Body Co., Ltd. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Company overview". Gifu Auto Body Co., Ltd. Archived from the original on 2015-12-08. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Plant Layout". Toyota Motor Kyushu, Inc. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Toyota starts production of all-new Lexus UX small SUV in Japan". US: MarkLines. 2018-12-06. Retrieved 2019-04-28.
- "Affiliates (Toyota wholly-owned subsidiaries)-Toyota Motor Hokkaido, Inc". Toyota Motor Corporation. 2012. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Corporate profile" (in Japanese). Toyota Motor Hokkaido, Inc. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Affiliates (Toyota wholly-owned subsidiaries)-Toyota Motor East Japan, Inc". Toyota Motor Corporation. 2012. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Company Information". Toyota Motor East Japan, Inc. Retrieved 2015-12-03.
- "Affiliates (Toyota wholly-owned subsidiaries)-Affiliates (other vehicle assembly cos.)". Toyota Motor Corporation. 2012. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Head Office・Head (Ikeda) Plant". Daihatsu. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Kyoto Plant". Daihatsu. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Daihatsu Motor Kyushu Co., Ltd. Oita (Nakatsu) Plant". Daihatsu. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Nagakusa Plant". Toyota Industries. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Hamura Plant". Hino Motors. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Toyota announces downsizing of new Guanajuato plant". Mexico News Daily. Mexico. 2017-10-26. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "Toyota Motor Manufacturing Poland w Wałbrzychu - Strona główna" (in Polish). Retrieved 2017-04-16.
- Kostyakova, Elena (2007-12-24). "Toyota запустила огромный завод в Питере" [Toyota has launched a huge plant in St. Petersburg]. autonews.ru (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- Emslie, Robin, ed. (September 1969). "New Car Sales: July 1969". Motoring Mirror. Vol. 7 no. 5. Cape Town, South Africa: Motorpress. p. 86.
- บริษัทสยามโตโยต้าอุตสาหกรรม จำกัด – รู้จักสยามโตโยต้า [Siam Toyota Manufacturing Co., Ltd. – known as Siam Toyota] (in Thai). Thailand: Toyota. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Toyota Manufacturing (UK) Ltd".
- Johnson, Robin (2018-06-22). "Toyota confirms Derbyshire factory will cease production on one of its models". United Kingdom: Derby Telegraph. Retrieved 2018-09-07.
- "Toyota unveils its light utility vehicle based on PSA and Jumpy Expert". inovev. 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Mazda Toyota Plant Paving the Way for Groundbreaking Future" (Press release). US: Toyota. 2018-11-16. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- Dunckley, Mathew (2014-02-10). "Toyota confirms exit from Australian manufacturing in 2017". Port Macquarie News. Retrieved 2016-08-29.