List of U.S. state dinosaurs
This is a list of U.S. state dinosaurs in the United States, including the District of Columbia. A large number of states also have dinosaurs as state fossils, but this list only includes those that have been officially designated as "state dinosaurs". In 1998, the legislature of Arizona was unable to decide on a state dinosaur, or indeed a state fossil. All U.S. states also have a state bird, which are biologically a subset of dinosaurs.
List of Dinosaurs for states in the US
|State or Territory||Dinosaur||Image||Date|
|District of Columbia||Capitalsaurus||1998|
|New Jersey||Hadrosaurus foulkii||1991|
|Texas||Paluxysaurus jonesi||2009 (replaced Pleurocoelus which was state dinosaur 1997–2009)|
- "Archives -".
- "Official Dinosaur Designation Act of 1998, Bill 12-538". Archived from the original on 2006-09-28.
- "Iowa State Dinosaur".
- "Astrodon johnstoni, Maryland State Dinosaur".
- RSMo 10.095
- "NJ Legislation on State Dinosaur".
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission. Texas State Symbols. July 1, 2010. Accessed November 25, 2010.
- "Wyoming Facts and Symbols - State of Wyoming".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dinosauria of North America.|
- "The sort of official state dinosaur page. Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette. (note that the list includes both "state dinosaurs" and "state fossils")