List of U.S. states and territories by Human Development Index
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article lists the Human Development Index by U.S. state, according to the UN. Data is also included for the U.S. territories. It is not to be confused with the American Human Development Index.
- In this column, data for the 50 states and the District of Columbia is from 2018. Data for American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands is from 2008. Data for Puerto Rico is from 2015.
- In this column, the 50 states and the District of Columbia are matched with a country which had a similar HDI in 2018. American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are matched with a country which had a similar HDI in 2008.
- "Sub-national HDI - Area Database - Global Data Lab". hdi.globaldatalab.org. Retrieved 2018-07-21.
- http://www.unescap.org/sites/default/files/wp-09-02.pdf Filling Gaps In The Human Development Index: Findings For Asia And The Pacific. David A. Hastings. Retrieved November 9, 2018.
- https://ceterisparibusuprm.org/human-development-index-trends-and-inequality-in-puerto-rico-2010-2015-by-ricardo-r-fuentes-ramirez/ Fuentes-Ramírez, Ricardo R. (2017). Ceteris Paribus: Journal of Socio-Economic Research. 7. Retrieved November 9, 2018.