List of U.S. states by life expectancy
This article presents a list of United States states sorted by their life expectancy at birth and by race/ethnicity in every state where the population of that racial or ethnic group is sufficiently large for robust estimates. The data is taken from the Measure of America's third national human development report, The Measure of America 2013–2014. Overall, life expectancy at birth in Hawaii is among the longest in the nation.
Source: Measure of America calculations using mortality data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics 2009, and population data from the CDC WONDER database.
Note: Life expectancy values have been rounded to one decimal place. As a result, the values appear to be tied in several instances but the rankings reflect the original calculations, not the rounded values. In cases where there is no life expectancy estimate, the population of that group is too small to enable reliable estimates.
- List of U.S. congressional districts by life expectancy
- List of U.S. counties with shortest life expectancy
- List of U.S. counties with longest life expectancy
- List of U.S. states by changes in life expectancy, 1985–2010
- Thank God for Mississippi
- "The Measure of America 2013–2014 — Measure of America: A Program of the Social Science Research Council". www.measureofamerica.org. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- United States Life Tables, 2011