List of United Kingdom mobile virtual network operators
Jump to navigation Jump to search
SIM cards provided by MVNOs that are using Three's network will only work with 3G/4G devices, as Three do not operate 2G infrastructure in the UK.
|Brand||Host network||Wireless Technology||WiFi Calling|
|365 Mobile||O2, Vodafone||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Age UK My Phone||Vodafone||Yes[note 1]||Yes||No||No|
|Airwave Smart Mobile||EE||Yes||?||?||No|
|AlwaysOnline Wireless[note 2]||Three||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Anywhere Sim||O2, Vodafone, EE, Three||Yes[note 3]||Yes||Yes[note 4]||No|
|Auracall Travel Talk||EE||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Call & Give||EE||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|HP Mobile Connect||EE||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Jump||O2, Vodafone, EE, Three||Yes [note 3]||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pebble Mobile Network||O2, Vodafone, EE, Three||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Talk Home Mobile||EE||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|The People's Operator (TPO Mobile)||Three||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|The Phone Co-op||EE||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Vectone Mobile||EE||Yes||Yes||No||Yes[note 5]|
- Internet Unsupported
- An International Roaming SIM
- Except Three
- "Plus" Plans Only
- WiFi Calling through downloading archived Vectone App only for Android.
Defunct, merged and acquired operators
|Brand||Host network||Defunct date||Notes|
|Andrews & Arnold||Three||30 April 2013||Ceased operations when their upstream partner "pulled the plug". Later relaunched on O2.|
|Banana Mobile||EE||2015||Their site began resolving as Shebang at the start of 2015 who was providing Banana Mobile's MVNO as a white label service.|
|Bemilo||Vodafone||31 May 2016|
|Blyk||Orange||26 August 2009||Ceased Operations.|
|C Mobile||EE||17 October 2014||Acquired by Shebang. Ceased operations.|
|Candy Telecom||Vodafone||August 2017||Ceased operations.|
|Delight Mobile||EE||30 November 2017||Existing customers were consolidated in the sister brand, Vectone Mobile.|
|Desi Mobile||Vodafone||September 2011||Ceased operations.|
|Dialog Vizz||Vodafone||1 January 2015||Ceased operations.|
|Easymobile||EE (T-Mobile)||13 December 2006||Ceased operations.|
|Family Mobile||EE||31 August 2015||Ceased operations.|
|Fresh Mobile||EE (T-Mobile)||19 March 2010||Ceased operations. Existing customers were incentivised to move to the sister network, Talkmobile.|
|GT Mobile||O2||July 2016||Existing customers were consolidated in the sister brand, Lycamobile.|
|iCard Mobile||Vodafone||January 2017|
|Kontakt Mobile||Vodafone||15 December 2016||Ceased operations.|
|LIFE Mobile||EE||29 November 2016||Acquired by Plusnet.|
|Lomo Mobile||EE||2 August 2017||Ceased operations.|
|Mobile by Sainsbury's||Vodafone||15 January 2016||Ceased operations.|
|Mobilek||O2||February 2017||Ceased operations.|
|Ovivo Mobile||Vodafone||19 March 2014||Ceased operations.|
|PG Mobile||Three||2016||Ceased operations.|
|Post Office Mobile||EE||8 August 2016||Ceased operations.|
|Priyo Mobile||EE||5 November 2013||Ceased operations.|
|RSPCA Mobile||EE||October 2014||Ceased operations. Operated as a white-label under Shebang.|
|Samba Mobile||Three||28 April 2014|
|Shebang||Three||2015||Acquired by PG Mobile.|
|Simple Call Mobile||EE||31 October 2014||Ceased operations.|
|Stan Mobile||Three||?||Ceased operations.|
|Tello||Three||31 January 2018||Ceased operations.|
|U2i Mobile||EE||11 July 2017||Ceased operations.|
|UK Globe||EE||31 July 2016|
|Vizz Africa||Vodafone||?||Ceased operations.|
- Rossignol, Joe. "Apple SIM Partner AlwaysOnline Expands to U.S. and 28 More Countries, Launches New U.K. Plans". Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "Pebble Network Ltd | FAQ". Archived from the original on 19 July 2018. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Andrews & Arnold Ltd - Telephony". Andrews & Arnold. Archived from the original on 30 April 2013. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "Andrews & Arnold Ltd - Telephony - SIP2SIM". Andrews & Arnold. Archived from the original on 18 March 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "Welcome to the - the only network with 100% guaranteed pass for everyone". Banana Mobile / Go Mobile / Shebang. Archived from the original on 20 March 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "UK Company Digital Phone Company gets new MD and adds an MVNO". MVNO dynamics. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "A fond farewell to our UK members". Blyk. 27 July 2009. Archived from the original on 30 July 2009. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "Delight Mobile - Home". Delight Mobile. Archived from the original on 24 February 2018. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- Caspi, Ramy (21 September 2011). "Desi Mobi, A Ethnic UK MVNO shuts down". MVNO Dynamics. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Easymobile to close down service". BBC News. 13 November 2006. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Kubiak, Paloma (7 July 2015). "Family Mobile to close, but unused credit will be refunded". Money Saving Expert. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Carphone Warehouse apologises for Fresh confusion". Mobile Today. 18 March 2010. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Lycamobile a Global MVNO will withdraw GT Mobile from all its markets, which includes Australia, The Netherlands and the UK, and will now focus on its own main brand". MVNO Dynamics. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Kontakt Mobile - Home". Kontakt Mobile. Archived from the original on 10 December 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "What's happening?". LIFE Mobile. Archived from the original on 15 November 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Mobile by Sainsbury's - Mobile Phones, PAYG and SIM Only Deals". Archived from the original on 2 January 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- Razavi, Lauren (24 March 2014). "Ovivo Mobile goes dark, leaving thousands without connectivity". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- Boland, Hannah (7 July 2016). "Personal Group To Wind Down PG Mobile Business By End Of Year". Morningstar. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "Post Office Mobile | Order Free SIM". Post Office. Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Majithia, Kavit (19 May 2016). "UK's Post Office to can MVNO venture". Mobile World Live. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "PRIYO COMMUNICATIONS (UK) LIMITED - Overview". Companies House. Retrieved 30 July 2017.
- "NEW BR/MVNO – RSPCA MOBILE, in cooperation with Shebang". MVNO Dynamics. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- Pearce, James (28 April 2015). "Personal Group to axe Shebang brand after MVNO buy - but Iain Humphrey stays - Mobile News Online | Mobile News Online". Mobile News. Retrieved 29 April 2017.
- "simplecall mobile". Simple Call Mobile. Archived from the original on 24 November 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "U2I NETWORK LTD". Companies House. Retrieved 21 July 2018.