List of United States bicycle advocacy organizations
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of cycling advocacy organizations in United States. It includes those organizations whose primary mission is to advocate for improved cycling conditions by lobbying local, state, and federal governments. It does not include cycling clubs that meet primarily for recreational riding.
- 1 National
- 2 Alabama
- 3 Arizona
- 4 Arkansas
- 5 California
- 6 Colorado
- 7 Connecticut
- 8 Delaware
- 9 District of Columbia
- 10 Florida
- 11 Georgia
- 12 Hawaii
- 13 Idaho
- 14 Illinois
- 15 Indiana
- 16 Iowa
- 17 Kentucky
- 18 Louisiana
- 19 Maine
- 20 Maryland
- 21 Massachusetts
- 22 Michigan
- 23 Minnesota
- 24 Mississippi
- 25 Missouri
- 26 Montana
- 27 Nebraska
- 28 Nevada
- 29 New Jersey
- 30 New Mexico
- 31 New York
- 32 Ohio
- 33 Oregon
- 34 Pennsylvania
- 35 Puerto Rico
- 36 Rhode Island
- 37 South Carolina
- 38 South Dakota
- 39 Tennessee
- 40 Texas
- 41 Utah
- 42 Virginia
- 43 Washington
- 44 West Virginia
- 45 Wisconsin
- 46 References
- Alliance for Biking and Walking
- National Center for Bicycling and Walking
- Bicycle Benefits
- PeopleForBikes (originally Bikes Belong)
- International Mountain Biking Association
- Bicycle Culture Institute
- League of American Bicyclists
- National Bicycle Greenway
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy - Advocates conversion of abandoned rail lines into multi-use paths.
- Adventure Cycling Association
- Bicycle Coalition of the Ozarks - Northwest Arkansas.
- Northeast Arkansas Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycle Advocacy of Central Arkansas
- California Bicycle Coalition - Statewide, based in Sacramento.
- Bike Bakersfield
- Bay Area Bicycle Coalition - San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bike Santa Cruz County - Santa Cruz County.
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition
- Fresno County Bicycle Coalition
- Inland Empire Bicycle Alliance
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
- Marin County Bicycle Coalition
- Merced Bicycle Coalition
- Napa County Bicycle Coalition
- Orange County Bicycle Coalition
- Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
- San Diego County Bicycle Coalition
- San Luis Obispo County Bicycle Coalition
- Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition - Santa Clara and San Mateo counties.
- Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycle Aurora
- Bicycle Colorado - Statewide, based in Denver.
- Bike Colorado Springs
- Bike Fort Collins (serving Fort Collins and northern Colorado region)
- Bike Jeffco - Jefferson County
- Community Cycles - Boulder area cycling advocacy group
- Estes Park Cycling Coalition (EPCC)/BikeEstes.org
- BikeWalk CT  Serving the state
- BikeWalk Glastonbury 
- Elm City Cycling Serving New Haven and environs
- Bike Delaware - Statewide.
District of Columbia
- Hawaii Bicycling League - Statewide, based in Honolulu.
- BikeCDA - Coeur d'Alene, (north) Idaho
- Active Transportation Alliance (ActiveTrans) - Chicago (formerly known as Chicagoland Bicycle Federation); promotes cycling, walking and transit ridership
- Bike BloNo - Bike advocacy organization of Bloomington-Normal
- Champaign County Bikes
- Ride Illinois - Statewide bicycle advocacy organization
- Bicycle Friendly Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne
- Bicycle Indiana - Statewide, based in Indianapolis.
- Bike Indianapolis (formerly INDYCOG)
- Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition - Statewide, based in Boston.
- Boston Cyclists Union - Boston Metro Area
- Bicycle Alliance of Minnesota
- Our Streets Minneapolis (formerly the Minneapolis Bicycle Coalition)
- Pedal Fergus Falls
- Saint Paul Bicycle Coalition
- Missouri Bicycle and Pedestrian Federation
- Trailnet - St. Louis metro area
- PedNet - Columbia
- BikeWalkKC - Kansas City metro area
 Nebraska Bicycling Alliance (NeBA)
Morris Area Freewheelers Foundation NW NJ 501c3 based in Morristown
- New York Bicycling Coalition - Statewide, based in Albany.
- Albany Bicycle Coalition - Albany, New York
- GObike Buffalo - Buffalo, New York
- Bike New York - New York City, New York.
- Time's Up! - New York City, New York.
- Rochester Cycling Alliance - Rochester, New York.
- Ohio Bicycle Federation - Statewide all-volunteer based advocacy organization dedicated to improving Ohio Bicycling through legislation, education, and shared ideas. Since 1980, Board Members from around the State worked to improve bicycling laws; brought the Uniform Bicycle and the Three-foot Passing Laws to Ohio.
- Bike Cleveland - representing individual members and more than 25 local business in the Greater Cleveland area.
- BikeMiamiValley- promotes, and creates opportunities for all forms of bicycling in the Miami Valley
- Consider Biking - formerly known as the Central Ohio Bicycle Advocacy Coalition) is dedicated to improving bicycling in Westerville, Gahana, Columbus, and Dublin
- Queen City Bike all-volunteer dedicated to bicycling education and advocacy in Cincinnati
- Yay!BIKES -influencing the conditions that help people safely and comfortably ride bicycles for transportation in Columbus
- We are Traffic - promotes cycling as a viable form of transportation in the Greater Toledo Area, supporting events and activities such as Bike to Work Day, Ride of Silence, and Safe Routes to School initiatives.
- Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Bike Erie
- Bike Pittsburgh
- Bike Harrisburg
- Centre Bike - Centre Region Bicycle Coalition
- PA Walks and Bikes
- Walk and Ride PA
- Indiana Bicycle Coalition
- Bike Allentown
- Bicycle South Central PA[permanent dead link]
- Lebanon Valley Bicycle Coalition
La BC Kleta Corp. *
- BikeTexas - Statewide, based in Austin.
- Bike Austin - Austin metro area.
- Bike Houston - Houston.
- Please BE KIND to Cyclists - Austin metro area.
- Velo Paso Bicycle-Pedestrian Coalition - El Paso.
- BikeArlington - Arlington County
- Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition - Shenandoah Valley area.
- RideRichmond - Richmond
- Bike Walk RVA, Richmond Metropolitan Sports Backers - Richmond region
- Virginia Capital Trail Foundation - Richmond
- Bicycle Alliance of Washington - Statewide.
- Bike Works - Seattle.
- Cascade Bicycle Club - Seattle.
- Bike Clark County - Vancouver.