List of United States federal courthouses in North Carolina
Following is a list of current and former courthouses of the United States federal court system located in North Carolina. Each entry indicates the name of the building along with an image, if available, its location and the jurisdiction it covers, the dates during which it was used for each such jurisdiction, and, if applicable the person for whom it was named, and the date of renaming. Dates of use will not necessarily correspond with the dates of construction or demolition of a building, as pre-existing structures may be adapted or court use, and former court buildings may later be put to other uses. Also, the official name of the building may be changed at some point after its use as a federal court building has been initiated.
|†||Listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP)|
|††||NRHP-listed and also designated as a National Historic Landmark|
- For the usage of court abbreviations, see List of United States district and territorial courts.
- "Federal building in Elizabeth City to be named for retired judge". The Virginian-Pilot. July 1, 2009. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- "Closing Courthouse Brought Moonshiners To Justice". NPR. October 28, 2012. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- Historic federal courthouses in North+Carolina from the Federal Judicial Center
- "North Carolina Federal Buildings". General Services Administration.
- U.S. Marshals Service Eastern District of North Carolina Courthouse Locations
- U.S. Marshals Service Western District of North Carolina Courthouse Locations