List of Vectrex games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
There were 28 games officially released for the console.
Note, this list may also include official unreleased games, or the many homebrew titles released between 1996 and present.
Officially released games (29 games) General Consumer Electronics (GCE) / Milton Bradley (MB) / Bandai
- 3D Crazy Coaster (1983) (requires 3D Imager)
- 3D MineStorm (requires 3D Imager) (1983)
- 3D Narrow Escape (requires 3D Imager) (1983)
- AnimAction (requires light pen) (1983)
- Armor Attack
- Art Master (requires light pen)
- Clean Sweep (it has a special edition called "Mr. Boston" that is the rarest Vectrex game)
- Cosmic Chasm
- Fortress of Narzod (1982)
- Heads Up (a.k.a. Soccer Football). GCE, 1983.
- Hyperchase Auto Race (1982)
- Melody Master (requires light pen) (1983)
- MineStorm (1982)
- Mine Storm II (1982); available only as a mail-order free item due to glitch in original game on lvl 13
- Polar Rescue (1983)
- Pole Position
- Rip-Off (1982)
- Scramble (1982)
- Solar Quest (1982)
- Space Wars (1982)
- Spike (1983)
- Spinball (a.k.a. Flipper Pinball) (1983)
- Star Castle (1983)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (a.k.a. Star Ship - Milton Bradley Europe Sales) (a.k.a. Harmagedon - Bandai Japan Sales)(1982)
- Starhawk (1982)
- Web Wars (a.k.a. Web Warp) (1983)
Unreleased Titles (General Consumer Electronics (GCE) / Milton Bradley (MB) / Bandai
- Mail Plane (1983) (requires light pen). Prototype game. Introduced GCE/MB marketing literature in USA, Canada, Europe, and Japan. The prototype for the USA area map version appears to be a complete game. Also pictured in MB Finnish language marketing literature for Nordic and European areas indicated MB intended to provide a release with maps specific to Europe. In 2013 Mail Plane was recovered from a prototype cartridge by Chris Romero (a.k.a. "Vectrexer"). The recovered software was released on December 1, 2013 as binary image via made available for public download.
- Test Cart (a.k.a. Test REV. 4) (1982) The Test Cart is a test and diagnostic cartridge for the Vectrex . Various functions are supported based mainly around testing display alignment and intensity, controller functionality, and sound generation. A function to check the installed BIOS checksum is also included. The Test Cart is meant to be used along with the Vectrex Service Manual when repairing and testing the Vectrex game system. Also found later in 2000 was a single Overlay for use with the Test Cart. The Test Cart Overlay was acquire in a private sale from a former GCE employee. The Test Cart Overlay was scanned by Chris Romero (a.k.a. "Vectrexer") and made available in 2001 for public usage, and later on Spike's Big Page.
Released third-party titles (games, music, demos, utilities)
- NOX/DEATH CHASE (2016)  Dual game cartridge.
- GALAXY WARS/SPACE LAUNCHER (2016)  Dual game cartridge.
- Classic Videogame Hardware Genius Guide Imagine Publishing. Chapter 9.
- Brett Weiss (2007). Classic home video games, 1972-1984: a complete reference guide. McFarland. pp. 280–281.
- Weiss 2007, p. 281.
- Weiss 2007, p. 274.
- Barton, Matt; Loguidice, Bill. "A History of Gaming Platforms: The Vectrex". Gamasutra. UBM plc. Retrieved February 16, 2016.
- Weiss 2007, p. 277.
- Weiss 2007, p. 278.
- Weiss 2007, p. 279.
- Weiss 2007, p. 280.
- Romero, Chris (1983). "Swedish MB Vectrex Marketing Literature Poster". MB. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Romero, Chris. "Vectrex Mail Plane Release Notice on Vector Forums Release". vectorgaming.proboards.com. Chris Romero. Archived from the original on 9 October 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Romero, Chris (1 August 2001). "Test Cart Overlays are here!". Newsgroup: rec.games.vectrex. email@example.com. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Romero, Chris. "Vectrex Test Cart Overlay from Chris Romero on Spike's Big Page". Spike's Big Page. Corey c. (a.k.a. "BaronVR"). p. http://www.atarihq.com/vectrex/Test_Cart_150DPI.jpg. Archived from the original on 9 November 2001. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Romero, Chris (7 July 2016). "Binary Star Software NOX/Deathchase Release thread". Binary Star Software. Binary Star Software. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Romero, Chris (7 July 2016). "Binary Star Software GALAXY WARS/SPACE LAUNCHER Release thread". Binary Star Software. Binary Star Software. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vectrex.|