List of Warner Bros. theatrical animated features
This is a list of theatrical animated feature films produced or released by Warner Bros., a division of AT&T's WarnerMedia. Warner Bros. releases films from Warner-owned and non-Warner owned animation studios. Most films listed below are from the Warner Animation Group which began as a feature animation department of Warner Bros. Animation, producing its first feature-length animated film The Lego Movie in 2014. Beginning with Gay Purr-ee in 1962, Warner Bros. Pictures has released the animated-films by other production companies, such as United Productions of America and Don Bluth Ireland Ltd..
Other studio units have also released films theatrically, primarily Warner Bros. Feature Animation which produced a half-dozen animated films before focusing strictly on animating television shows for Cartoon Network, and the studio's distribution unit, which acquires film rights from outside animation studios to release films under the Warner Bros. Pictures, or New Line Cinema film labels. Additionally, Warner Bros.'s Japanese division has helped co-produce and release anime films in that country, such as Summer Wars and Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie.
|Warner Bros. Animation|
|Warner Bros. Feature Animation|
|Warner Animation Group|
|Other Warner Bros. studio|
- S Live-action/animation film
- R Not produced by Warner Bros. but released by them
|Title||Intended theatrical release date
by Warner Bros. Pictures
|Scoob||May 15, 2020||Warner Animation Group|
|Tom & Jerry[S]||April 16, 2021|
|Space Jam 2[S]||July 16, 2021|
Highest grossing films
- indicates films playing in theaters around the world in the week commencing 13 September 2019.
|1||The Lego Movie||$469,160,692||Warner Animation Group||2014|||
|2||Happy Feet||$384,335,608||Animal Logic||2006|||
|3||The Lego Batman Movie||$311,950,384||Warner Animation Group||2017|||
|4||The Polar Express||$311,365,072||ImageMovers||2004|||
|5||The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part||$183,414,947||Warner Animation Group||2019|||
|7||Happy Feet Two||$150,406,466||Animal Logic||2011|||
|8||Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole||$140,073,390||2010|||
|9||The Lego Ninjago Movie||$123,081,555||Warner Animation Group||2017|||
- Listed are the original theatrical release dates in the United States (or other non-U.S. territories) when the film was contributed by the Warner Bros. Different distributors are attributed and credited for distributing each film throughout the history of the Warner Bros.
- Released by Warner Bros. Pictures in North America
- Released by Warner Bros. outside North America
- Original release date was July 18, 1998
- Original release date was July 17, 1999
- Original release date was July 8, 2000
- Limited release in the United States.
- Amidi, Amid (November 11, 2018). "See the Teaser For 'White Snake', Warner Bros.' First Chinese Animation Co-Production". Cartoonbrew.com. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- Lesnick, Silas (February 21, 2014). "The LEGO Movie Sequel is Officially Set for May 26, 2017!". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- McNary, Dave (August 26, 2013). "Warner Bros. Developing Animated 'Scooby-Doo' Film (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- Kroll, Justin (October 15, 2018). "'Tom and Jerry,' 'Scooby-Doo' Movies Land Top Talent at Warner Animation Group (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- Boucher, Erik Pedersen,Geoff; Pedersen, Erik; Boucher, Geoff (2019-03-12). "'Sesame Street', Tim Story-Directed 'Tom & Jerry' Movies Set At Warner Bros For 2021". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-03-13.