List of Western Sydney Wanderers FC seasons
Western Sydney Wanderers was founded in April 2012, by Football Federation Australia as a Western Sydney-based club to compete in the national A-League competition. On 17 May, Tony Popovic was announced as inaugural head coach of the new club. And on 25 July, after just two months of developing a squad, the club played its first friendly match against local club, Nepean. On 6 October, Western Sydney Wanderers played their first competitive match of any kind against Central Coast Mariners in the first round of the 2012–13 A-League season. During their first season, Wanderers quickly emerged as one of the leading clubs in Australia. The club went on to win their first A-League Premiership, and a top-six placing in the A-League table gave the club a place in the A-League Finals Series which they eventually finished runners-up to Central Coast Mariners in the 2013 A-League Grand Final.
|Season||A-League||FFA Cup||Champions League||Club World Cup||Top scorer1|
|2014–15||27||4||6||17||29||44||18||9th||Round of 32||Group stage||6th||Kerem Bulut||5|
|2016–17||27||8||12||7||35||35||36||6th||Quarter-final||Group stage||Brendon Santalab||16|
- 1 Top scorer only includes goals scored in league matches (A-League and A-League Finals).
- "New Hyundai A-League club for Western Sydney". Football Federation Australia. 11 April 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Popovic head coach for new Sydney club". Football Federation Australia. 17 May 2012. Archived from the original on 4 October 2012. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Western Sydney Wanderers vs Nepean FC 25/07/2012 7:30PM". westsydneyfootball.com. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Match Report: Wanderers 0 - Mariners 0". Football Federation Australia. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Western Sydney Wanderers coach Tony Popovic named A-League Coach of the Year". Adelaide Now. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Mariners crowned champions". footballaustralia.com.au. Football Federation Australia. Retrieved 5 October 2013.