List of World Championships in Athletics medalists (men)
Men have contested events at the IAAF World Championships in Athletics since its inauguration in 1983. The top three athletes in each event win gold, silver and bronze medals, respectively. A one-off 1976 World Championships in Athletics was held for the men's 50 kilometres race walk only, as the International Olympic Committee excluded that event for the Olympic athletics programme that year.
- 1 Track
- 2 Road
- 3 Field
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
110 m hurdles
400 m hurdles
3000 m steeplechase
4 × 100 metres relay
- dq1 The United States team of Mickey Grimes, Bernard Williams, Dennis Mitchell and Tim Montgomery originally won the 2001 World Championship in a time of 37.96 seconds, but were disqualified after Montgomery admitting to drug use as a result of the BALCO scandal in 2005.
4 × 400 metres relay
- dq1 The United States team (Jerome Young, Antonio Pettigrew, Chris Jones and Tyree Washington) originally won the 1997 World Championships in a time of 2:56.47 minutes, but were disqualified in 2009 after Pettigrew admitted to doping during the period.
20 km walk
50 km walk
- List of Olympic medalists in athletics (men)
- List of World Championships in Athletics medalists (women)
- IAAF World Championships in Athletics. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2015-07-04.