List of World Heritage Sites in Luxembourg
World Heritage Sites
The table lists information about each World Heritage Site:
- Name; as listed by the World Heritage Committee
- Location; with co-ordinates provided by UNESCO
- Period; time period of significance, typically of construction
- UNESCO data; Site reference number, the year the site was inscribed on the World Heritage List, and the criteria it was listed under
- Description; brief description of the site
|City of Luxembourg: its Old Quarters and Fortifications||Luxembourg, Luxembourg||16th century-1867||699, (1994), iv||The fortifications of Luxembourg were regarded as some of the most impressive in Europe, giving it the nickname "The Gibraltar of the North."|
The Tentative List is an inventory of important heritage and natural sites that a country is considering for inscription on the World Heritage List, thereby becoming World Heritage Sites. The Tentative List can be updated at any time, but inclusion on the list is a prerequisite to being considered for inscription within a five- to ten-year period.
- "City of Luxembourg: its Old Quarters and Fortifications". whc.unesco.org. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Glossary, UNESCO, retrieved 2010-01-01
- "La ville et le château de Vianden" (in French). whc.unesco.org. Retrieved 4 November 2012.