List of types of XML schemas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of XML schemas)
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into List of XML markup languages. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2012.|
This is a list of XML schemas in use on the Internet sorted by purpose. XML schemas can be used to create XML documents for a wide range of purposes such as syndication, general exchange, and storage of data in a standard format.
- 1 Bookmarks
- 2 Brewing
- 3 Business
- 4 Elections
- 5 Engineering
- 6 Financial
- 7 Geographical Information Systems and Geotagging
- 8 Graphical user interfaces
- 9 Humanities texts
- 10 Industrial property
- 11 Libraries
- 12 Math and science
- 13 Metadata
- 14 Music playlists
- 15 News syndication
- 16 Paper and forest products
- 17 Publishing
- 18 Statistics
- 19 Vector images
- 20 See also
- 21 Notes
- 22 External links
- XBEL - XML Bookmark Exchange Language
- ARTSXML - Retail XML schema specifications by Association for Retail Technology Standards 
- Auto-lead Data Format - for communicating consumer purchase requests to automotive dealerships.
- PCXML and TXLife - Insurance Industry XML schema specifications by Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development 
- eCOM XML Standards - eCom XML Standards, there are many XML standards, supporting processes like Order to Cash (Order, Deliver and Payment), Transport & Logistics and Upstream. ()
- UBL - Defining a common XML library of business documents (purchase orders, invoices, etc.) by Oasis
- HR-XML - Human resources ()
- XBRL Extensible Business Reporting Language for International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and United States generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) business accounting.
- Strategy Markup Language (StratML)
- OSCRE Open Standards Consortium for Real Estate format for data exchange within the real estate industry
- EML, Election Markup Language, is an OASIS standard to support end-to-end management of election processes. It defines over thirty schemas, for example EML 510 for vote count reporting and EML 310 for voter registration.
- Proteus Schema - XML Schema implementing ISO 15926 standard.
- IFC-XML Building Information Models for architecture, engineering, construction, and operations.
- XTCE - XML Telemetric and Command Exchange is an XML based data exchange format for spacecraft telemetry and command meta-data
- XMI, an Object Management Group (OMG) standard for exchanging metadata information, commonly used for exchange of UML information
- SDSComXML, for exchange of safety data sheets in supply lines.
- FpML, Financial products Markup Language is the industry-standard protocol for complex financial products. It is based on XML (eXtensible Markup Language), the standard meta-language for describing data shared between applications.
- FIXML, Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol is an electronic communications protocol initiated in 1992 for international real-time exchange of information related to the securities transactions and markets.
Geographical Information Systems and Geotagging
- KML, Keyhole Markup Language is used for annotation on geographical browsers including Google Earth and NASA's World Wind. These annotations are used to place events such as earthquake warnings, historical events, etc.
- SensorML, used for describing sensors and measurement processes.
Graphical user interfaces
- JAXFront - JAXFront GUI generator (free community edition)
- GLADE - GNOME's User Interface Language (GTK+)
- KParts - KDE's User Interface Language (Qt)
- XUL - XML User Interface Language (Native)
- XForms - XForms
- XAML - Microsoft's Extensible Application Markup Language
- FXML - Extensible Application Markup Language for Java
- TEI - Text Encoding Initiative
- EpiDoc - Epigraphic Documents
- Menota - Mediaeval Nordic Texts Archive
- MEI - Music Encoding Initiative
- OSIS - Open Scripture Information Standard
- TM-XML - Trade Mark Information Exchange Standard
- DS-XML - Industrial Design Information Exchange Standard
- EAD, for encoding archival finding aids, maintained by the Technical Subcommittee for Encoded Archival Description of the Society of American Archivists, in partnership with the Library of Congress.
- MARCXML, a direct mapping of the MARC standard to XML syntax.
Math and science
- MathML - Mathematical Markup Language
- ANSI N42.42 or "N42" - NIST data format standard for radiation detectors used for Homeland Security
- RDF - Resource Description Framework
- ONIX for Books  - ONline Information eXchange, developed and maintained by EDItEUR jointly with Book Industry Communication (UK) and the Book Industry Study Group (US), and with user groups in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain and the Republic of Korea.
- DDML - reformulations XML DTD
- PRISM - Publishing Requirements for Industry Standard Metadata (PRISM)[dead link]
- XSPF - XML Shareable Playlist Format
Paper and forest products
- papiNet - XML format for exchange of business documents and product information in the paper and forest products industries.
- EPPML - an XML conceptual model for the interactions between parties of a postal communication system.
- NLM DTD (also known as JATS], journal publishing DTD from the United States National Library of Medicine 
- DITA—Darwin Information Typing Architecture, document authoring system
- DocBook for technical documentation
- PRISM - Publishing Requirements for Industry Standard Metadata (PRISM)
- SDMX - SDMX-ML is a format for exchange and sharing of Statistical Data and Metadata.
- DDI - "Data Documentation Initiative" is a format for information describing statistical and social science data (and the lifecycle).
- SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics
- List of XML markup languages
- XML Schema Language Comparison
- XML transformation language
- XML pipeline
- Data Format Description Language
- Nicolas Navet, Francoise Simonot-Lion (2008). Automotive Embedded Systems Handbook. CRC Press.