List of accolades received by Chak De! India
Chak De! India (English: Go For it! India) is a 2007 Indian Hindi-language sports film directed by Shimit Amin and produced by Aditya Chopra. It had its music composed by Salim–Sulaiman, with a screenplay written by Jaideep Sahni. The film stars Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role and features 16 others in supporting roles. The film's plot focuses on Kabir Khan (Khan), the former captain of the Indian men's national field hockey team. After a disastrous loss to the Pakistan men's national field hockey team, Khan is ostracized from the sport owing to religious prejudice. Seven years later in an attempt to redeem himself, he becomes the coach for the Indian national women's hockey team, with the goal of turning its sixteen contentious players into an award-winning team.
Produced on a budget of ₹200 million, Chak De! India was released on 10 August 2007 to positive reviews. It was commercially successful, grossing over ₹1.01 billion worldwide. Its direction, story, and performances of the cast members have received the most attention from award groups.
Awards and nominations
- Rajesh, Y.P. (2007-08-14). "Chak De India scores with women's hockey, patriotism mix". Reuters. Retrieved 2015-08-17.
- Webster, Andy (11 October 2007). "You Go, Girl, as Translated into Hindi". Movie Review. The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-04-07.
- Sawhney, Anubha (18 October 2007). "Helping stars make the right moves". The Times of India. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- Thompson, Bill (13 September 2007). "'Pumpkin' in season at Charleston library:Going Bollywood". The Post and Courier. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Highest Budget Movies 2007: Box Office India". Box Office India. Archived from the original on 3 October 2015. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "55th National Film Awards announced". ndtv.com.
- "Winners of the Zee Cine Awards 2008". Bollywood Hungama. 2008-04-27. Archived from the original on 2010-11-28. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Taare, Chak De sweep Screen Awards". NDTV. 2008-01-11. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "ARCHIVES: 3rd Aspara Awards-WINNERS". filmtvguildindia.org.
- "SRK wins V Shantaram award for 'Chak De India'". oneindia.com.
- "Max Stardust Awards 2008 Winners". bollyspice.com. 26 January 2008.
- "The Billie Awards". Women's Sports Foundation. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- The director Shimit Amin commented on the reaction to the film during The Billie Awards:"The reaction to the movie was simply fantastic. You would not believe that this was a foreign audience – comprised [of] professional writers, critics and industry professionals for the most part – the way they reacted." "Another Ace". The Hindu. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
Lage Raho Munna Bhai
| Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie
Mumbai Meri Jaan