List of aircraft of the Army Air Corps (United Kingdom)
(Redirected from List of aircraft of the AAC)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of aircraft of the Army Air Corps of the United Kingdom.
From its founding in 1942:
- Taylorcraft Auster
- Auster AOP.6
- General Aircraft Hotspur
- General Aircraft Hamilcar
- Airspeed Horsa
- Waco Hadrian
- Waco YKC and ZGC-7 - Two civil aircraft purchased by the British Army in Egypt and used by the Long Range Desert Group.
- Bell 212
- Agusta A109
- Sud Aviation Alouette II
- Westland Apache
- Westland Gazelle
- Westland Sioux
- Saunders-Roe Skeeter
- Westland Lynx
- Westland Scout
- Eurocopter Squirrel
- Auster AOP.9
- de Havilland Canada Beaver (now in the Army Historic Aircraft Flight)
- de Havilland Canada Chipmunk (now in the Army Historic Aircraft Flight)
- Britten-Norman Islander/Defender
- Slingsby Firefly T-67M260 (at 674 Squadron, DEFTS) (withdrawn December 2010)
- Slingsby Firefly 160 (at Army Flying Grading) (withdrawn December 2010)
- Grob Tutor light fixed wing trainer (at 674 Squadron, DEFTS and Army Flying Grading)
- SS.11 - Obsolete air-to-surface, wire-guided anti-tank missile.
- AGM-114 Hellfire - Air-to-surface, laser-guided anti-tank missile.
- BGM-71 TOW - Air-to-surface, anti-tank guided missile.
Notes and references
- licence built Bell design by both Westland and Agusta