List of airports in Pakistan
This page lists the civil airports, some joint with military airbases and small airports in Pakistan. There are an estimated 139 airfields in Pakistan. The largest is Gandhara International Airport, Islamabad; currently under construction, it will be able to handle 42 aircraft at a time. Other international airports are in Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Gwadar, Multan, D.G.Khan, Peshawar, Quetta, Rahim Yar Khan, Sialkot, Turbat, as well as Rawalpindi (serving Islamabad).
Civil airports in Pakistan are operated by the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority, with the exception of Sialkot International Airport, which is the first private airport in Pakistan and South Asia open to domestic and international civil aviation. It serves specific area and they have their own surcharges. It is owned and operated by the Sialkot Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Military airbases in are operated by the Pakistan Air Force, with the exception of Dhamial Army Aviation Airbase in Rawalpindi and Tarbela Army Aviation Airbase, which are operated by the Pakistan Army.
Names shown in bold indicate the airport has scheduled service on commercial airlines.
Major traffic flows by airport
The following table provides details of the major traffic flows (by airport) in Pakistan in terms of passenger numbers, aircraft movements, cargo as well as mail during the year 2015. The results were collected by the Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan.
|Airport||Aircraft movements (Number)||Passengers (Intl & Domestic)||Cargo handled (M. Tons)||Mail handled (M. Tons)|
|Jinnah International Airport - Karachi||48,837||14,572,514||254,196||2,758.05|
|Benazir Bhutto International Airport - Islamabad||35,273||4,441,426||50,803||461.86|
|Allama Iqbal International Airport - Lahore||29,901||4,604,509||79,949||250.86|
|Multan International Airport - Multan||8,295||904,865||414||0.97|
|Bacha Khan International Airport - Peshawar||9,356||1,255,303||7,711||8.36|
|Faisalabad International Airport - Faisalabad||5,894||718,308||103||0.32|
|Quetta International Airport - Quetta||3,453||385,457||656||8.18|
|Gwadar International Airport - Gwadar||426||8,508||5||0.08|
- Dry ports, Sea ports and Railway stations in Pakistan
- Air Bases of Pakistan Air Force
- Airlines of Pakistan
- Transport in Pakistan
- List of airports by ICAO code: O#OP - Pakistan
- Wikipedia: Airline destination lists: Asia#Pakistan
- World Factbook, Central Intelligence Agency. "Field Listing - Airports". Retrieved 2006-07-21.
- Statistical Information of CAA Pakistan CAA Pakistan, assessed 08-03-2009
- "UN Location Codes: Pakistan includes IATA codes". UN/LOCODE 2006-2. UNECE. 2007-04-30.
- Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority
- List of aerodromes & heliports in Pakistan, with links extracts of AIP Pakistan 6th edition (1999-12-26)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Airports in Pakistan.|