List of airports in Poland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Airports with commercial passenger service
Defunct passenger airports
Airports that served commercial passenger traffic in the past.
|Białystok-Krywlany||In 1945, LOT Polish Airlines launched a scheduled route to Warsaw. This service was quickly discontinued.|
|Częstochowa-Rudniki||In 1983, LOT operated scheduled service for just one season.|
|Gdańsk-Wrzeszcz||Operated as a civil airport until the opening of the new airport in Rębiechowo in 1974.|
|Gdynia-Rumia-Zagórze||Scheduled service operated by LOT from 1935 to 1939.|
|Katowice-Muchowiec||Scheduled service operatedby LOT from 1929 to 1958.|
|Koszalin-Zegrze Pomorskie||Scheduled and charter service operated by LOT from 1965 to 1991. At its peak, the airport handled 80,000 passengers annually.|
|Kraków-Rakowice-Czyżyny||Operated as a civil airport from 1924 until the relocation of the passenger service to Balice in 1963.|
|Olsztyn-Dajtki||Scheduled service served by Lufthansa (from 1926 to 1939) and LOT (after World War II).|
|Słupsk-Redzikowo||From 1920 to early 1930s served by German passenger airlines. From 1975 to early 1990s served by LOT.|
|Szczecin-Dąbie||Passenger flights served from 1921 to 1939. At its peak, the airport had direct and indirect connections with 70 cities in Europe. After World War II, served by Polish airlines until 1968.|
|Warsaw-Mokotów||Served civil passenger traffic from 1920 until the opening of Okęcie Airport in 1934.|
|Wrocław-Gądów Mały||Scheduled flights operated from 1921 to 1942 and, after World War II, from 1946 until the relocation of all passenger service to Strachowice Airport in 1958.|
|Polish airports in the territories that belonged to Poland before World War II|
|Lwów-Lewandówka||Passenger flights launched in 1922 and were served by Aero, Aerolloyd/Aerolot and LOT Polish Airlines. Closed in 1929.|
|Lwów-Skniłów||Established in 1922. Currently located within the borders of Ukraine (see Lviv Danylo Halytskyi International Airport).|
|Wilno-Porubanek||Established in 1932. Currently located within the borders of Lithuania (see Vilnius Airport).|
|German airports currently within the borders of Poland that have served passenger traffic only before World War II|
|Elbląg (German: Elbing)||Opened in 1915. Operated routes to Gdańsk, Szczecin, Königsberg and Moscow, among others.|
|Gliwice-Trynek (German: Gleiwitz-Trinneck)||Scheduled service began in 1925. Operated routes to many cities in Germany, as well as international destinations like Constantinople.|
|Gubin (German: Guben)||Since 1929 regular connections to Szczecin, Dresden, Nuremberg, Frankfurt (Oder) and Cottbus, among others.|
|Jelenia Góra (German: Hirschberg)||Established in 1927. Before World War II served routes to most major German cities.|
|Malbork (German: Marienburg)||From 1926 to 1934, the airport served seasonal routes to Berlin, Szczecin, Słupsk, Gdańsk, Elbląg, Olsztyn and Königsberg.|
|Nysa-Radzikowice (German: Neiße-Stephansdorf)||From 1927 to 1939, offered passenger flights to Gliwice, Görlitz, Jelenia Góra and Berlin.|
|Piła (German: Schneidemühe)||In 1919, a route Berlin–Piła–Gdańsk–Königsberg was launched, however the service proved to be unprofitable and was very quickly abandoned.|
|Słupsk-Krzekowo (German: Stolp-Kreckow)||From 1920 to 1927, served scheduled connections to Berlin, Gdańsk, Riga, Kaunas and Königsberg.|
Airports with paved runways
Main article: Airports in Poland with paved runways
Airports with unpaved runways
Main article: Airports in Poland with unpaved runways
Main article: Highway strips in Poland
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Airports in Poland.|
- "70 lat historii pasażerskiego portu lotniczego w Białymstoku" (in Polish). dziendobry.bialystok.pl. 17 October 2015. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- Blue Ocean Business Consulting sp. z o.o. (October 2013). "Plan zrównoważonego rozwoju publicznego transportu zbiorowego dla Miasta Częstochowy" (PDF) (in Polish). Urząd Miasta Częstochowa. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- Marcin Stąporek (14 May 2014). "Jak to z lotniskami w Gdańsku było" (in Polish). Trojmiasto.pl. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- Rafał Borowski (23 August 2015). "Pierwsze gdyńskie lotnisko. Historia Portu Lotniczego Gdynia w Rumi-Zagórzu" (in Polish). Trojmiasto.pl. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- Piotr Adamczyk (4 April 2013). "Podróże lotnicze z Katowic w latach 20-stych XX wieku" (in Polish). katowice-airport.com. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Uruchomienie lotniska cywilnego w Zegrzu Pomorskim k. Koszalina" (PDF) (in Polish). Wydział Rozwoju i Współpracy Zagranicznej Urzędu Miejskiego w Koszalinie. 21 May 2013. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- Karol Placha Hetman (25 April 2009). "Lotnisko Czyżyny" (in Polish). Polot.net. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- Marek Książek (20 September 2013). "Olsztyńskie skrzydła" (in Polish). Olsztyn24.com. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Tajemnicze lądowanie na nieczynnym lotnisku" (in Polish). RMF24. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- Anja Tatarczuk (12 July 2009). "Lotnisko Szczecin-Dąbie i o szczecińskim lotnictwie" (in Polish). lotniczapolska.pl. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- Piotr Marciniak. "Ciekawostki z historii Pola Mokotowskiego" (in Polish). polemokotowskie.pl. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Lotniczy Gądów. Historia podniebnych asów wrocławskiego osiedla" (in Polish). mmwroclaw.pl. 5 November 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- Karol Placha Hetman (26 October 2015). "Lotniska Lwowa: Lewandówka i Skniłów" (in Polish). Polot.net. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- Edward Jaremczuk (5 July 2015). "Historia lotniska w Elblągu" (in Polish). Info.Elblag.pl. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- Schmidt, Jacek (1992). Rocznik Muzeum w Gliwicach - Historia Lotniska w Gliwicach do 1945 r. część I (in Polish). Gliwice. p. 155-188.
- Traczyk, Zygmunt (2011). Ziemia Gubińska 1939–1949… (in Polish). Gubin: Stowarzyszenie Przyjaciół Ziemi Gubińskiej. p. 55-56. ISBN 978-83-88059-54-4.
- "Pasażerski port lotniczy w Jeleniej Górze" (in Polish). Jelonka.com. 20 July 2015. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- Jacek Kmieć (10 March 2010). "O lotniskach w Malborku" (in Polish). starymalbork.blogspot.com. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- Krzysztof Stecki (29 December 2013). "Ze Śląska na podbój przestworzy. Oraz kosmosu" (in Polish). Wyborcza.pl. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- Robert Kulczyński. "Śladami lotniczej historii Piły" (in Polish). Dawna.Pila.pl. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- "Historia szczecińskich lotnisk" (in Polish). Aeroklub-Szczecinski.pl. Retrieved 8 December 2015.