List of airports in the Okanagan
The Okanagan is a region located in the British Columbia Interior of Canada that contains five airports, six heliports, and two water aerodromes. Of the five cities based in the Okanagan, three of them contain aviation services. Vernon contains two: the Vernon Regional Airport and Vernon/Wildlife Water Aerodrome, while Kelowna provides the same number: the Kelowna International Airport and Kelowna (General Hospital) Heliport. The Penticton Regional Airport and Penticton Water Aerodrome are situated in Penticton, making a total of two aviation services offered in the city. Despite this, the Enderby and Armstrong cities contain no aviation services.
There are also communities that are not cities in the Okanagan, many of which also maintain aviation services. Winfield, a town located within the Lake Country district, provides the Winfield (Wood Lake) Water Aerodrome. The West Kelowna district provides two heliports: the Kelowna (Alpine) Heliport and Kelowna (Wildcat Helicopters) Heliport, while the unincorporated community of Naramata offers the Naramata Heliport. Meanwhile, the towns of Oliver and Osoyoos are home to the Oliver Municipal Airport and Osoyoos Airport. The districts of Peachland and Summerland, along with the town of Oyama in Lake Country, do not provide aviation services.
Two of the airports in the Okanagan provide public commercial flights to other destinations: the Kelowna International Airport which is part of the National Airports System and Penticton Regional Airport. While the Kelowna International Airport serves as the only international airport in the Okanagan area and handles 62 commercial flights a day, the Penticton Regional Airport provides three commercial flights daily, with one fewer on Sunday, to one location: the Vancouver International Airport. A number of other airports in the Okanagan are generally used for personal events, or skydiving, although some have no facilities.
The following list contains airports, heliports, or water aerodromes that are located in the Okanagan region of British Columbia, Canada. It includes the airport name, location, type, usage, codes of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO airport code) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA airport code), as well as the Transport Canada location identifier (TC LID) code, and coordinates of the airport's location. ICAO and IATA codes are not given for airports which were closed or converted to general aviation before being issued such codes. As shown in the following list, each airport contains certain codes that are given, but not all of the three.
|Name||Community||Type||Use||ICAO||TC LID||IATA||Runway length||Coordinates||Ref(s)|
|Kelowna (Alpine) Heliport||West Kelowna||Heliport||Private||none||CAB7||none||N/A|||
|Kelowna (Wildcat Helicopters) Heliport||West Kelowna||Heliport||Private||none||CWC2||none||N/A|||
|Kelowna (Argus) Heliport||Kelowna||Heliport||Private||none||CRG2||none||N/A|||
|Kelowna (General Hospital) Heliport||Kelowna||Heliport||Private||none||CKH9||none||N/A|||
|Kelowna/Ikon Adventures Heliport||Kelowna||Heliport||Private||none||CIA2||none||N/A|||
|Kelowna International Airport||Kelowna||Airport||Public||CYLW||none||YLW||8,900 ft (2,700 m)|||
|Oliver Municipal Airport||Oliver||Airport||Public||none||CAU3||none||3,200 ft (980 m)|||
|Osoyoos Airport||Osoyoos||Airport||Public||none||CBB9||none||2,477 ft (755 m)|||
|Penticton Regional Airport||Penticton||Airport||Public||CYYF||none||YYF||6,000 ft (1,800 m)|||
|Vernon Regional Airport||Vernon||Airport||Public||CYVK||none||YVE||3,517 ft (1,072 m)|||
|Vernon/Wildlife Water Aerodrome||Vernon||Water aerodrome||Private||none||CVW2||none||N/A|||
|Winfield (Wood Lake) Water Aerodrome||Winfield||Water aerodrome||Public||none||CAY9||none||N/A|||
- "Destinations". Kelowna. Archived from the original on October 28, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 19 July 2018 to 0901Z 13 September 2018.
- Nav Canada's Water Aerodrome Supplement. Effective 0901Z 7 March 2013 to 0901Z 3 April 2014
- Gaffney, Biaine (October 28, 2010). "Helipad unveiled in Kelowna". Global News. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Penticton Regional Airport". Penticton Regional Airport. Archived from the original on November 25, 2012. Retrieved November 22, 2012. Note: Information is listed under the arrivals and departures headings.
- "About YLW". Kelowna. Archived from the original on February 3, 2013. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- "Skydivers entertain at Oliver airport". Oliver Daily News. August 20, 2011. Archived from the original on September 17, 2011. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Airport". Osoyoos. Archived from the original on January 15, 2013. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- Rolke, Richard (April 1, 2011). "Airport concerns take flight". The Morning Star. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "AWWS – Forecasts and Observations". Nav Canada. Archived from the original on October 22, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Airport". Oliver. Archived from the original on October 31, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Penticton Airport Car Rentals (YYF Airport)". Budget Rent a Car. Archived from the original on June 28, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- "Welcome to the Vernon Regional Airport". Vernon. Archived from the original on December 18, 2012. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Airports in the Okanagan.|