List of algal fuel producers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of algal fuel producers.
- Iran started investigating the production of algae from 2000. Scientific evidence shows that south Iran is the richest area in the world for cultivating algae, because of high humidity, sunny weather, large unused area and salty water. The first version of algae based biofuel will become available for industrial purposes in 2015.
- Biofuel Research Team (BRTeam) A multi-national research team focused on various aspects of biofuel research initiated extensive research on algal genetic engineering for enhanced biodiesel production in 2010. They hoped to achieve their first genetically-engineered microalgae with enhanced lipid production features in 2015.
- In June 2008, Tel Aviv-based Seambiotic and Seattle-based Inventure Chemical announced a joint venture to use CO2 emissions-fed algae to make ethanol and biodiesel at a biofuel plant in Ashkelon, Israel.
- Euglena Co., Ltd.
- Alpha Biotech
- Algae-Farms 
- Teregroup in Modena mit einer Kapazität von 3 Mio. Liter, wobei 7g Algen pro Liter erwirtschaftet werden können. Endprodukte sind neben Biodiesel auch Futtermittel und Dünger
- AlgaeLink N.V. - an international producer of algae, algae-based products and algae growing systems
- LGem B.V. - producing algae systems
- Tomalgae (Belgium/Netherlands) - producing high value algae concentrate for use as nutritional in early stage larval shrimp and fish hatcheries
- AlgaFuel, S.A.
- Buggypower - one of the largest microalgae biomass production units with its own technology based on the use of closed photobioreactores
The United Kingdom
- British Algoil Ltd 
- Varicon Aqua Solutions Ltd - an international supplier of both fresh and aquatic algae, including the supply of aquaculture-based products and algae cultivation systems
- Algabloom International, Vancouver, BC
- Centurion Biofuels, Hamilton, Ontario
- Pond Biofuels Inc., Toronto, Ontario 
- Recursos Renovables Alternativos
There are diverse companies developing biofuels from algae:
- AlgaeFuel - based in Concord, California
- Algaewheel - based in Indianapolis, Indiana
- AlgalOilDiesel, LLP - based in Corvallis, Oregon
- Algoil Energy
- Algoil Industries, Inc.
- Applied Research Associates, Inc. - based in Albuquerque, New Mexico; algae biofuel research in Panama City, Florida office
- Aquatic Energy
- Aurora Algae (closed; formerly Aurora Biofuels)
- Bio Fuel Systems
- Blue Marble Energy
- Cellana (Shell and HR BioPetroleum)
- Chevron Corporation (in collaboration with US-DOE NREL)
- Culture Fuels
- Dao Energy, LLC, a Texas-registered company with an office in Chengdu, Sichuan, China
- Diversified Energy Corporation
- Global Green Solutions
- Imperium Renewables -  formerly Seattle Biodiesel, LLC
- Inventure Chemical
- Kai BioEnergy Corp.
- Kent BioEnergy
- Live Fuels, Inc.
- Manta Biofuel, renewable crude oil
- National Remedies, San Pedro
- PetroSun and Algae BioFuels Inc., wholly owned subsidiary, in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Photon8, advanced photobioreactor, genetics, cell-viable extraction
- Phycal LLC
- Sapphire Energy, financed by the former Microsoft chairman Bill Gates
- Solazyme, Inc., supplies algae oil to Imperium Renewables; entered into a biodiesel feedstock development and testing agreement with Chevron Technology Ventures
- Solix BioSystems - in Fort Collins, Colorado
- Synthetic Genomics (ExxonMobil)
- Vertigro, a Valcent Products joint venture with Global Green Solutions, in El Paso, Texas; uses the High Density Vertical Bioreactor
- Virgin Green Fund
- Algae.Tec - an advanced biofuels company focused on commercializing technology that produces algae to manufacture sustainable fuels such as biodiesel and green jet fuel
- Bio Fuels Pty Ltd - a Victor Smorgon Group company; developing algae biofuels technology in Victoria; oil from the algae will go into the BioMax biodiesel produced by Smorgon Fuels
- Aquaflow Bionomic Corporation (ABC) -  Boeing and Air New Zealand announced a joint project with Aquaflow Bionomic to develop algae. Air New Zealand eventually used jatropha biofuel as Aquaflow was unable to supply any fuel. Aquaflow has not produced a viable method of producing jet fuel from algae.
- "Algae as a sustainable energy source for biofuel production in Iran: a case study".
- "دستیابی ایران به فناوری تولید بیودیزل از میکرو آلگ". 2012-07-02.
- "BRTeam - Biofuel Research Team". www.brteam.ir. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Seambiotic to build algae-based biofuel plant in Israel". Cleantech Investing in Israel. 2008-06-20. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- "Greon – Green revolution is on!". www.greon.eu. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "La boutique".
- Algae-Farms Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine
- "IMPIANTI DA MICROALGHE PER BIODIESEL, FARMACEUTICA E OLIO VEGETALE". www.teregroup.net. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-07-22. Retrieved 2008-07-21.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "British Algoil - Algae Technology". www.britishalgoil.com. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-09-24. Retrieved 2009-01-30.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Pond Biofuels Inc. http://www.pondbiofuels.com Working Green
- "Biodiesel from microalgae. Ready to build an industrial plant". Retrieved 2011-10-12.
- "Algae Floating Systems, Inc". Retrieved 2008-08-16.
- Algae Fuel Systems - The Future is Now! Archived 2008-09-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "Algae Systems". Retrieved 2014-11-07.
- Wald, Matthew L. (2014-08-18). "Seeing Purpose and Profit in Algae". The New York Times. The New York Times. Retrieved 2014-11-07.
- "AlgaeFuel". Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Algaewheel — Wastewater Treatment Specialists". Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- "Indiana Company to Submit Proposal to Utilize Algae to Treat Wastewater and Create Renewable Energy". E-Wire. 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- "PROSPECTS FOR THE BIODIESEL INDUSTRY". 2008-06-08. Retrieved 2008-08-23.
- "The Algoil Energy Project". Retrieved 2012-03-10.
- "Applied Research Associates, Inc". Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- "Aquatic Energy LLC". Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Businessmen bring new fuel option to Hardin County". The Silsbee Bee. Archived from the original on 2008-06-13. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Aurora Algae". Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- "BFS Blue Enterprises". Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Blue Marble Energy". Archived from the original on 2008-03-29. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Shell and HR Biopetroleum to Grow Algae for Biofuels". EERE Network News, EERE. 2007-12-12. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- LaMonica, Martin (2007-12-11). "Shell joint venture to produce biodiesel from algae". CNET News.com. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "HR BioPetroleum". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Dao Energy, LLC is a Texas registered company with an office in Chengdu, Sichuan, China". Retrieved 2009-07-10.
- "Diversified Energy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Global Green Solutions Inc". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "GreenerBioEnergy Manufacturing Corporation". 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Imperium Renewables". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- Kanellos, Michael (2007-06-07). "Algae start-up signs contract for biodiesel". CNET News.com. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Inventure, Inc". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Kai BioEnergy". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- http://www.kentbioenergy.com/ Kent BioEnergy Corporation
- "Manta Biofuel, renewable crude oil". Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "BIO Energy Patch". National Remedies Addiction Remedies. 2017-02-07. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "PetroSun, Inc". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- Cornell, Clayton B. (2008-03-29). "First Algae Biodiesel Plant Goes Online: April 1, 2008". Gas 2.0. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Photon8, Inc". Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "Profit margin: Algae-to-biofuel venture says it's solved industry-vexing puzzles". Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "Phycal LLC". Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- "Sapphire Energy". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Green Crude Production". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- Douglass, Elizabeth (2008-05-29). "Sapphire Energy turns algae into 'green crude' for fuel". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Sapphire Energy unveils world's first renewable gasoline". Sapphire Energy. 2008-05-28. Archived from the original on 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-09-18. Retrieved 2008-09-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Solazyme". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Solazyme Unveils Algal Renewable Diesel That Meets ASTM D-975 Specifications". 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Kachan, Dallas (2007-06-06). "Solazyme to supply algae oil to Imperium". Cleantech Group. Archived from the original on 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Solix Biofuels". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Partnering with Powerful Allies: Jim Sears". Startup Nation. 2016-10-27. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Synthetic Genomics". Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- Mouawad, Jad (2009-07-14). "Exxon to Invest Millions to Make Fuel From Algae". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- "Valcent Products, Inc". Archived from the original on 2008-06-15. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- Walton, Marsha (2008-04-01). "Algae: 'The ultimate in renewable energy'". CNN. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "High Density Vertical Bioreactor". Valcent Products, Inc. Archived from the original on 2008-06-01. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- "Aquaflow Bionomic Corporation - Renewable Fuel, Algae Biofuel New Zealand". Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- González, Ángel (2007-08-30). "To go green in jet fuel, Boeing looks at algae". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2008-06-10.