List of newspapers in the United States
This list of newspapers in the United States is a list of newspapers printed and distributed in the United States. It includes a list of the 25 newspapers in the United States with the most circulation, followed by lists of newspapers published in United States territory. Those lists are followed by a series of links to other lists of U.S. newspapers, organized by various categories.
Top 25 newspapers by circulation
This article needs to be updated.(November 2016)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of the top 25 newspapers in the United States by weekday circulation as of March 2013. The figures include normal print editions, branded print editions (e.g., regional editions or editions tailored for commuters), and digital subscriptions (e.g., for tablet computers or restricted-access). The data is compiled by the Alliance for Audited Media.
- The New Hampshire Gazette (1756)
- Hartford Courant (1764, the oldest continuously published newspaper in the United States)
- The Register Star (Hudson, NY, 1785)
- Poughkeepsie Journal (1785)
- The Augusta Chronicle (1785)
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (July 1786)
- Daily Hampshire Gazette (September 1786)
- The Berkshire Eagle (1789)
- The Daily Mail (Catskill, NY, 1792)
- The Recorder (1792)
- Intelligencer Journal (1794, now LNP)
- Rutland Herald (1794)
- Norwich Bulletin (1796)
- The Keene Sentinel (1799)
- New York Post (1801)
- The Post and Courier (1803)
- Press-Republican (April 12, 1811)
- The Fayetteville Observer (1816)
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (1819)
- Cherokee Phoenix (1828)
- Ledger-Enquirer (1828, founded as Columbus Enquirer)
- The Post-Standard (1829)
- The Philadelphia Inquirer (1829, founded as The Pennsylvania Inquirer)
- The Barnstable Patriot (1830)
By state and territory
List of lists of newspapers:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Other lists of U.S. newspapers
- List of international newspapers originating in the United States
- List of national newspapers in the United States
- List of newspapers serving cities over 100,000 in the United States
- List of African-American newspapers in the United States
- List of alternative weekly newspapers in the United States
- List of business newspapers in the United States
- List of family-owned newspapers in the United States
- List of fictional newspapers in the United States
- List of Jewish newspapers in the United States
- List of LGBT periodicals in the United States
- List of student newspapers in the United States
- List of supermarket tabloids in the United States
- List of underground press in the United States
- List of French-language newspapers published in the United States
- List of Spanish-language newspapers published in the United States
- "Newspaper Circulation Volume". Newspaper Association of America. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- The Associated Press (2013-04-30). "Top 10 Newspapers By Circulation: Wall Street Journal Leads Weekday Circulation". The Huffington Post. Archived from the original on 2014-04-01.
- "Top 25 U.S. Newspapers for March 2013 | Alliance for Audited Media". auditedmedia.com. Archived from the original on 2015-10-16. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- About Us", Press-Republican. Originally published as the Plattsburgh Republican, then became the Press-Republican after a merger on October 5, 1942.
- "Prospectus for the Columbus Enquirer, January 1828 | TSLAC". www.tsl.texas.gov. Retrieved 2018-01-18.