List of reported UFO sightings
(Redirected from List of alleged UFO crashes)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part of a series on the|
A photo of a purported UFO over Passaic, New Jersey in 1952
Second millennium BC
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|ca. 1440 BC||Fiery disks||Lower Egypt||Ancient Egypt||According to the disputed Tulli Papyrus, the scribes of the pharaoh Thutmose III reported that "fiery disks" were encountered floating over the skies.||||1|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|218 BC||ships in the sky||Rome, Italia||Roman Republic||Livy records a number of portents in the winter of this year, including vanadium speciem de caelo adfulsisse ("phantom ships had been seen gleaming in the sky").||Livy's Ab Urbe Condita Libri||1|
|76 BC||spark from a falling star||unknown||Roman Republic||According to Pliny the Elder, a spark fell from a star and grew as it descended until it appeared to be the size of the Moon. It then ascended back up to the heavens and was transformed into a light.|||
|74 BC||flame-like pithoi from the sky||Phrygia, Asia||Roman Republic||According to Plutarch, a Roman army commanded by Lucullus was about to begin a battle with Mithridates VI of Pontus when "all on a sudden, the sky burst asunder, and a huge, flame-like body was seen to fall between the two armies. In shape, it was most like a wine-jar, and in colour, like molten silver." Plutarch reports the shape of the object as like a wine-jar (pithos). The apparently silvery object was reported by both armies.||||1|
|66 AD||chariots fill the sky||Jerusulem||Roman Empire||According to Josephus, Tacitus, and Eusebius of Caesarea, as the Roman army marched on Jerusalem there were chariots and armed angels seen to fill the sky.|||
|196 AD||angel hair||Rome||Roman Empire||Historian Cassius Dio described "A fine rain resembling silver descended from a clear sky upon the Forum of Augustus." He used some of the material to plate some of his bronze coins, but by the fourth day afterwards the silvery coating was gone.||||2|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|1561-04-14||1561 celestial phenomenon over Nuremberg||Nuremberg||Holy Roman Empire||Residents of Nuremberg saw what they described as an aerial battle, followed by the appearance of a large black triangular object and then a large crash outside of the city. The broadsheet claims that witnesses observed hundreds of spheres, cylinders and other odd-shaped objects that moved erratically overhead.|||
|1566-08-07||1566 celestial phenomenon over Basel||Basel||Switzerland||A broadsheet published in 1566 depicted numerous spherical objects appearing out of the sun. This event is depicted in a 16th-century woodcut by Samuel Coccius (Samuel Koch) and Samuel Apiarius.||||1|
|1595-10-15||Strange comet-like object that stayed fixed on the sky and which wasn't found in any catalog of known comets||Târgoviște||Wallachia||About the time of Michael the Brave's attack on Târgoviște which was occupied by the Ottoman Army there were reports of a bizarre "comet" that appeared in the city, staying pinned on the sky and shining over the Wallachian camp. Reportedly, it stayed there for about two hours before vanishing.||; mentioned by a Transylvanian newspaper and an Italian-language report||1|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|1801||Hull||East Yorkshire||United Kingdom||In 1801, as reported in the Hull Packet, a fiery object is said to have appeared suddenly over the Humber; an immense moon-like globe with a black bar across the centre of its face. For a moment it bathed Hull and the Humber in a mysterious blue light. Then, it split into seven smaller fireballs and vanished.||||Nocturnal Lights|
|1803-02-22 or 03-24||Utsuro-bune at Haratono-hama||Eastern shore||Japan||On February 22 (or March 24) in 1803 local fishermen reportedly saw a vessel drifting in close by waters. They say when they investigated it, "a beautiful young woman" they described as having red and white hair and dressed in strange clothes appeared. The fishermen claim she held a square box "that no one was allowed to touch" and she spoke to them in a language they never heard before. Some UFO believers think this story was a credible document of a close encounter of the third kind in Japan. Historians and Ethnologists consider it to be folklore.||||3|
|1883-08-12||José Bonilla Observation||Zacatecas Observatory, Zacatecas||Mexico||On August 12, 1883, the astronomer José Bonilla reported that he saw more than 300 dark, unidentified objects crossing the sun disk while observing sunspot activity at Zacatecas Observatory in Mexico. He was able to take several photographs, exposing wet plates at 1/100 second. It was subsequently determined that the objects were high-flying geese.||||0|
|1896–1897||Mystery airships||United States||Numerous reports of UFO sightings and attempted abductions that took place around the United States in a 2-year period.||1, 2 and 3|
|1897-04-17||Aurora, Texas, UFO incident||Aurora, Texas||United States||A tale of a UFO crash and a burial of its alien pilot in the local cemetery was sent to newspapers in Dallas and Fort Worth in April 1897 by local correspondent S.E. Hayden.||||3|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|1909||Mystery airships||Otago||New Zealand||Strange moving lights and some solid bodies in the sky were seen around Otago and elsewhere in New Zealand, and were reported to newspapers.||||1|
|Miracle of the Sun||Fátima, Santarém District||Portugal||Thousands of people observed the sun gyrate and descend. This was later reinterpreted by Jacques Vallée, Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada as a possible UFO sighting, but not recognized as such due to cultural differences.||||1|
|1940s||Foo fighters||Over World War II theaters||Small metallic spheres and colorful balls of light repeatedly spotted and occasionally photographed worldwide by bomber crews during World War II.||||2|
|1941||Cape Girardeau UFO crash||Cape Girardeau, Missouri||United States||First responders and a Baptist minister allegedly view crashed spacecraft and alien bodies. Military arrives and swears witnesses to silence.||||3|
|1942||Hopeh Incident||Tsientsien, Hebei||China||Photographs show what is reported to be a UFO.||||2|
|1942-02-24||Battle of Los Angeles||Los Angeles, California||United States||Unidentified aerial objects trigger the firing of thousands of anti-aircraft rounds and raise the wartime alert status.||||2|
|1946||The Ghost Rockets||Mostly in Scandinavia, but also other European countries||Numerous UFO sightings were reported over Scandinavia, causing the Swedish Defense Staff to express concern.||||2|
|1946-05-18||UFO-Memorial Ängelholm||Ängelholm, Kristianstads County||Sweden||Gösta Karlsson reports seeing a flying saucer and its alien passengers. A model of it is now erected at the site.||||3|
|1947-06-21||Maury Island incident||Puget Sound near Maury Island, Washington||United States||Harold A. Dahl reported that his dog was killed and his son was injured by debris in an encounter with four to six flying doughnut-shaped objects. He also claimed that a witness was subsequently threatened by the Men in Black.||||2|
|1947-06-24||Kenneth Arnold UFO sighting||North of Mount Rainier, Washington||United States||The UFO sighting that sparked the name flying saucers. This sighting is considered as the start of the "Modern UFO era".||||0|
|1947-06/07||1947 UFO sightings||mostly Washington||United States||Several UFO sightings reported after the sighting of Kenneth Arnold.|||
|1947-06||Roswell UFO crash||about 30 mi north of Roswell, New Mexico||United States||United States Army Air Forces allegedly captured a crashed flying saucer and its alien occupants. The find was soon explained to be a weather balloon but regained attention since 1978 after investigation of S. T. Friedman.||||3|
|1947-07-23||Bauru Close Encounter||Bauru, São Paulo||Brazil||José Higgins, a topographer, reports a close encounter with three humanoid figures emerged from a UFO.||||3|
|1948||The Green Fireballs||United States||Objects were reported over several United States military bases; an official investigation followed.||||2|
|1948-01-07||Thomas Mantell||Kentucky||United States||US Air Force sent a fighter pilot to investigate a UFO sighting over Fort Knox, Kentucky; his aircraft crashed and the pilot was killed while pursuing the UFO.||||2|
|1948-07-24||Chiles-Whitted UFO encounter||Alabama||United States||Chiles and Whitted, American commercial pilots, reported that their airplane had nearly collided with a UFO||1|
|1948-10-01||Gorman dogfight||North Dakota||United States||A US Air Force pilot sighted and pursued a UFO for 27 minutes over Fargo, North Dakota.||||1|
|1948-10-15||Fukuoka Incident||Kyushu Island||Japan||The radar of a F-61 Black Widow detected a target below the aircraft. While the aircrew tried to intercept it, the pilot saw the object, which appeared as a stubby cigar; then the object accelerated and disappeared.||||2|
|1949||Aztec, New Mexico, UFO incident||New Mexico||United States||An alleged retrieval of a grounded UFO and its occupants from a plateau in New Mexico||3|
|1950-04-09||Fort Worth sighting||Fort Worth, Texas||United States||A UFO was sighted and photographed at 5.30 p.m. The examination of the photos made by experts of USAF revealed that the alleged UFO images were crimps in the negatives.||||2|
|1950-05-11||McMinnville UFO photographs||a farm near McMinnville, Oregon||United States||A farmer took pictures of a purported "flying saucer". These are among the best known UFO pictures, and continue to be analyzed and debated to this day.||||2|
|1950-08-05 or 15||Mariana UFO incident||Great Falls, Montana||United States||The manager of Great Falls' pro baseball team took color film of two UFOs flying over Great Falls. The film was extensively analyzed by the US Air Force and several independent investigators.||||2|
|1951-08-25||Lubbock Lights||Lubbock, Texas||United States||Several Lights in V-Shaped formations were repeatedly spotted flying over the city. Witnesses included professors from Texas Tech University and photographed by a Texas Tech student.||||2|
|1951-09-10||Fort Monmouth UFO Case||Monmouth County, New Jersey||United States||At Fort Monmouth Base, a radar operator picked up an unknown target. Seventeen minutes later, the crew of a T-33 saw a discus-shaped unidentified object.||||2|
|1952-07-12 to 29||1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident||Washington, D.C.||United States||A series of sightings in July 1952 accompanied radar contacts at three separate airports in the Washington area. The sightings made front-page headlines around the nation, and ultimately lead to the formation of the Robertson Panel by the CIA.||||1|
|1952-07-14||Nash-Fortenberry UFO sighting||Norfolk, Virginia||United States||W. Nash and W. Fortenberry, pilots of a DC-4 airliner of Pan American Airways, sighted eight large, round, glowing red objects.||||1|
|1952-07-16||1952 Salem, Massachusetts UFO incident||Coast Guard Air Station Salem||United States||Coast Guard photographer Shell Alpert took a photograph of four roughly elliptical blobs of light in formation through the window of his photographic laboratory. A Coast Guard press release described the lights as "objects", however Seaman Alpert subsequently issued a statement saying, "I cannot in all honesty say that I saw objects or aircraft, merely some manner of lights."||||1|
|1952-07-24||Carson Sink UFO incident||near Carson Sink, Nevada||United States||Two pilots saw three unusual Delta wing aircraft flying in a V-formation over Carson Sink.||||1|
|1952-07-29||Miami UFO movie||Miami, Florida||United States||Ralph Mayher, stationed in Miami as a member of Marine Corps, took a movie film of a reddish UFO. The main portion of the film was submitted to USAF for analysis.||||2|
|1952-07-30||Oldenburg UFO Encounter||near Oldenburg, Lower Saxony||West Germany||Roland Hughes, a RAF pilot, reported that he had sighted a "silver metallic disc" while he was returning to Oldenburg base after a training mission over West Germany.||||1|
|1952-09-12||The Flatwoods Monster||Flatwoods, West Virginia||United States||Six local boys and a woman report seeing a UFO land, and saw a spade-headed creature near the landing site.||||3|
|1952-12-06||Gulf of Mexico UFO Encounter||Gulf of Mexico, 100 mi. south of Louisiana coast||United States||The crew (three men) of a B-29 bomber tracked on the radar five high speed objects. After ten minutes the objects merged into a larger object which appeared on radar as a huge blip and moved off.||||1|
|1953-05-21||Prescott Sightings||Prescott, Arizona||United States||Three Prescott residents sight eight craft at Del Rio Springs Creek, 20 miles north of Prescott.||||0|
|1953-08-05/06||Ellsworth UFO sighting||Rapid City, South Dakota and Bismarck, North Dakota||United States||A UFO appearing as a red glowing light is witnessed by 45 people. The sighting takes place for two nights.||||1|
|1953-11-23||The disappearance of Felix Moncla and Robert Wilson||near the Soo Locks over Lake Superior||United States/Canada||U.S. Air Force pilot and radar operator and their F-89C disappeared while pursuing an unidentified radar return.||||0|
|1953-12-16||Kelly Johnson/Santa Barbara Channel Case||Seen from Agoura, California, and from aircraft flying over Pacific Ocean||United States||Legendary Lockheed aircraft engineer Clarence "Kelly" Johnson, designer of the F-104, U-2, and SR-71, and his wife observed a huge Flying Wing over the Pacific from the ground in Agoura. Meanwhile, one of Johnson's flight test crews aboard an WV-2 (see EC-121) spotted the craft from Long Beach, California. USAF concluded they had seen a lenticular cloud, even though Johnson considered and ruled out that explanation.||||1|
|1954-08-4||The Hague UFO sighting||The Hague||Netherlands||Around 11 p.m. ten firemen and their chief observed in the sky two flat oval objects that emitted a greyish-white light and moved at high speed.||||1|
|1954-08-16||Tananarive UFO incident||Tananarive||Madagascar||At 5:00 p.m. a green ball was seen in the sky and disappeared behind a hill. It reappeared a minute later and flew over the higher part of Tananarive. When the object flew in front of them, some witnesses could see a lentil-shaped device with silvery metallic aspect enveloped in electric luminous gas.||||1|
|1954-08-29||Prince Christian UFO sighting||Prince Christian Sound||Greenland||At 11:05 p.m. the crew of a Royal Dutch Airlines DC-4 saw 3-4 dark, lens-shaped objects veer North and change position in formation.||||1|
|1954-09-15||Manbhum UFO sighting||Manbhum, Bihar||India||A UFO was seen in the afternoon by about 800 people living in three villages in Manbhum district of Bihar. According some witnesses the UFO was shaped like a saucer about 12 feet in diameter and grey in colour.||||1|
|1954-09-12 to 1954-11-30||Autumn 1954 European UFO wave||South and west of Europe||France, Italy and other countries||In the autumn of 1954 there was a great wave of UFO sightings in the countries of the south and the west of Europe. Most of the sightings occurred in France, followed by Italy. This was the first large-scale European UFO wave.||||1, 2 and 3|
|1955-08-21/22||Kelly–Hopkinsville encounter||A farmhouse near Hopkinsville, Kentucky||United States||After the sighting of a disc-shaped aircraft a group of strange, goblin-like creatures are reported to have repeatedly approached a farm house and looked inside through the windows. Members of the two families present shot at them several times with little or no effect. The encounter lasted from evening to dawn.||||3|
|1956-07-24||Drakensberg Contactee||Drakensberg||South Africa||A well-known photo series depicting a supposed UFO, was taken on 24 July near Rosetta in the Drakensberg region. The photographer, meteorologist Elizabeth Klarer, claimed detailed adventures with an alien race, besides having had an alien lover, Akon, who would have fathered her son Ayling.||||1, 5, 7?|
|1957-05-20||Milton Torres 1957 UFO Encounter||East Anglia||United Kingdom||U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Milton Torres reports that he was ordered to intercept and fire on a UFO displaying "very unusual flight patterns" over East Anglia. Ground radar operators had tracked the object for some time before Torres' plane was scrambled to intercept.||||2|
|1957-07-17||The RB-47 UFO Encounter||Forbes Air Force Base, Topeka, Kansas||United States||Often listed as a "top ten" UFO case, a U.S. Air Force RB-47, equipped with the most advanced monitoring equipment of the era, was tracked for 700 miles by a UFO.||||2|
|1957-09||Ubatuba UFO Explosion||Ubatuba||Brazil||Two fishermen watched a UFO crash and explosion, and retrieved fragments of the object.||||2|
|1957-09-04||Portugal "mothership" sighting||Between Granada and Portalegre||Spain / Portugal||The crews of 4 fighter-bombers watched a large luminescent UFO and smaller attendant UFOs during a nighttime flight at 25,000 ft.||||0|
|1957-10-16/17||Antonio Vilas Boas Abduction||Near São Francisco de Sales, Minas Gerais||Brazil||One of the first abduction claims. Farmer Antonio Vilas Boas claimed to have been abducted and examined by humanoid aliens while working in the fields at night. He also claimed to have had sex with an alien woman aboard the egg-shaped aircraft.||||4, 7?|
|1957-11-02||Levelland UFO case||Levelland, Texas||United States||Numerous people describe seeing a glowing, egg-shaped object and a cigar-shaped object which caused their vehicle's engines to shut down.||||2|
|1957-12||Old-Saybrook UFO incident||Connecticut||United States||Reports of an elliptically-shaped UFO with square ports.||||3|
|1958-01-16||Trindade UFO Incident||Trindade Island||Brazil||9 Separate sightings and 7 photos of UFO's were reported in the Trinidade Island during the meteorological and geological expeditions in the island.||||2|
|1959-02-02/03||Dyatlov Pass incident||Kholat Syakhl, Sverdlovsk Oblast||Soviet Union||Mysterious deaths of experienced cross-country skiers in the Urals are due to official investigation believed to have been caused by an unknown "compelling natural force". Some claim relation to unidentified orange spheres.||||2|
|1959-06-26/27||Father William Booth Gill sighting||Boianai, Territory of Papua and New Guinea||Australia||A missionary and some natives reported seeing several UFOs, and claimed aliens waved at them from atop a landed UFO that seemed to be under repair. The case was investigated by J. A. Hynek.||||3|
|1959-07-11||Crew of a Pan American flight||Flight from Honolulu, to San Francisco||United States||The crew of a Pan American flight from Honolulu to San Francisco encountered a UFO at 21,000 feet over the Pacific, and the sighting was confirmed by pilots on two other airlines. Captain George Wilson told reporters "There was an extremely bright light surrounded by small lights" and that the object traveled at "inconceivable" speed, and added "I'm a believer now."||||1|
|1961-09-19||Betty and Barney Hill abduction||South of Lancaster on Route 3, New Hampshire||United States||The first widely publicized alien abduction experience. The Hills saw a huge flying disk while driving home in their car at late evening and were abducted and medically examined by small extraterrestrials.||||3|
|1962-05-12||La Pampa Province sighting||La Pampa Province, Route 35, Km 72||Argentina||At 4.10 three truckmen, Valentino Tomassini, Gauro Tomassini and Humberto Zenobi saw an object on the ground in a field near the road while they were travelling to Jacinto Aráuz. The object looked like a railroad car and was illuminated. As their truck came close it, the object rose up with a flame coming from the lower part and divided into two parts, which flew off in different directions.||||1|
|1964-04-24||Lonnie Zamora incident||Socorro, New Mexico||United States||Police officer Zamora reports a close encounter.||||3|
|1964-09-05||Cisco Grove Encounter||Cisco Grove, California||United States||Hunter Donald Schrum claimed he saw a flying white light in the forest and was pursued by men as well as "robots". Condon Committee investigators were skeptical of Schrum's story because of its inconsistencies.||||3|
|1965 to 1967||Charles Hall||Las Vegas, Nevada||United States||Charles Hall claimed that while working at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada he had contact with tall white aliens who often traveled with CIA agents to Las Vegas casinos for entertainment.||||3|
|1965-03-09||The Incident at Exeter||Exeter, New Hampshire||United States||Numerous reports of UFOs in Exeter, New Hampshire.||||2|
|1965-07-01||The Valensole UFO incident||Valensole, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur||France||Peasant Maurice Massé saw a landed spherical object and was paralyzed by two grey alien-like occupants.||3|
|1965-07-03||UFO sightings in Antarctica||Deception Island||Antarctica||At 7.20 P.M. nine meteorological observers of Chilean Scientific Station watched in the sky a yellow-red object travelling at high speed. After about 20 minutes in Argentine Scientific Base 17 people observed a lens-shaped disc.||||1|
|1965-09-16||1965 Craft Landing||Pretoria–Bronkhorstspruit||South Africa||Police constables Lockem and de Klerk observed a landed, copper-coloured craft on the Pretoria–Bronkhorstspruit freeway. It was described as being 30 feet (9.1 m) wide and left a 6 feet (1.8 m) wide imprint on the asphalt after a rapid, fiery ascent. The incident was confirmed in a press release by Lt. Colonel J.B. Brits, district commandant for Pretoria North||||2|
|1965-12-09||Kecksburg UFO incident||Kecksburg, Pennsylvania||United States||Mass sighting of a falling brilliant fireball dropping debris and causing sonic booms, followed by a cordoning-off of the probable crash site, alleged intimidation of a reporter by men in black and cover-up and the unresolved death of said witness.||||2?|
|1966||The Mothman Prophecies||Point Pleasant, West Virginia||United States||A wave of reported sightings of a winged humanoid are connected to other mysterious events including sightings of UFOs.||||3?|
|1966-03||Michigan Swamp Gas Sightings||Washtenaw County & Livingston County, Michigan||United States||Widely reported wave of sightings initially attributed to swamp gas by J. Allen Hynek.||||2|
|1966-04-06||Westall UFO||Clayton South, Victoria||Australia||A sighting reported by hundreds of people. Witnesses of "The Clayton Incident" still gather for reunions.||||0|
|1966-04-15||Catalina Island UFO||Catalina Island||United States||Cameraman Leman Hanson shot 10 seconds of 16 mm color footage of a UFO.||||2|
|1966-04-17||Portage County UFO chase||Ohio||United States||Several police officers pursue what they believe to be a UFO for 30 minutes.||||1|
|1967-01-25||Betty Andreasson Abduction||South Ashburnham, Massachusetts||United States||A woman claims to have been taken aboard UFOs by aliens many times over a number of years.||||4|
|1967-05-20||Falcon Lake incident||near Falcon Lake in Whiteshell Provincial Park, Manitoba||Canada||A man is reported to have been burned by the exhaust of a landed cigar-shaped object.||||3|
|1967-08-29||Close encounter of Cussac||Outside Cussac, Auvergne||France||A young brother and sister claimed to have witnessed a brilliant sphere and four small black occupants while herding cattle outside their village.||||3|
|1967-09-07||Snippy the Horse Mutilation||Near Alamosa in the San Luis Valley, Colorado||United States||Widely considered to be the first unusual animal death to be related by its witnesses to UFOs and aliens.||||2|
|1967-10-04||Shag Harbour UFO incident||Gulf of Maine near Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia||Canada||A large lit object was reported to have crashed into waters near Shag Harbour. A Canadian naval search followed, and officially referred to the object as a UFO. Some military persons involved claim the unknown object to be an alien spacecraft. There were other UFO sightings in the area at the time.||||2?|
|1968-02-18||Vashon Island incident||Vashon Island, Washington State||United States||Three men reported seeing a shiny saucer shaped craft, which froze a pond over which it had hovered.||||2|
|1968-08-07||Buff Ledge Camp Abduction||North of Burlington at Lake Champlain, Vermont||United States||Two teenage employees of a summer camp reported sighting UFOs over the lake and claimed to have experienced missing time.||||4|
|1968-11-28||The Sverdlovsk Midget||Sverdlovsk (today Yekaterinburg)||Soviet Union||Near Sverdlovsk discovered a falling object in the Roshevski forest.[clarification needed] Some claimed that the UFO and a Soviet alien-autopsy survived in some film footage.[clarification needed] About the incident made a documentary film with Roger Moore.[clarification needed]||||1|
|1969-01-06||Jimmy Carter UFO incident||Leary, Georgia||United States||Later U.S. president Jimmy Carter's sighting of a UFO, which he didn't believe to be of extraterrestrial origin and is, contrary to him, thought to be Venus.||||1|
|1969-04-12||Finnish Air Force sighting||Pori||Finland||Seven disc shaped objects hovering in formation around 1500–3000 meters were spotted by the airtraffic controller and two pilots. When fighter pilot Tarmo Tukeva closed in the objects, they accelerated away at incredible speed towards north and were spotted few minutes later by a radar in Vaasa 200 km away. It remains the only UFO sighting officially acknowledged by the Finnish Air Force.|||
|1970-01-01||Cowichan District Hospital UFO||Duncan, British Columbia||Canada||Nurse Doreen Kendall claims she looked out a hospital window and saw a UFO containing occupants seated at a control panel. Another nurse called over by Kendall saw only a bright, featureless light.||||3|
|1971-11-02||Delphos UFO Incident||Delphos, Kansas||United States||Ronald Johnson, a 16-years-old living in the family farm, claimed he saw a bright object hovering above the ground at 7.00 p.m. He called his parents, but when they arrived the object vanished into the sky. The Johnsons saw a glowing ring on the ground in the place where the object had hovered.||||2|
|1972-06-27||1972 UFO sightings in the eastern Cape||Fort Beaufort||South Africa||A craft was observed near Fort Beaufort in the eastern Cape, which attracted the attention of the military.|||
|1972-11-12||1972 UFO sightings in the eastern Cape||Rosmead||South Africa||A school headmaster seems to have arrived at a still smouldering UFO landing site in the town of Rosmead.|||
|1973-05||The Judy Doraty Abduction||at a road from Alta Loma to Texas City, Texas||United States||While under hypnosis, Judy Doraty claimed to have been abducted by aliens and to have witnessed a cattle mutilation.||||4|
|1973-09-20||Skylab 3 UFO Encounter||space station Skylab 3 in Earth orbit||outer space||Blurred photographs of an unknown object were taken by astronauts.|||
|1973-10||Jeff Greenhaw||Alabama||United States||Alabama policeman Jeff Greenhaw claims he encountered a creature dressed in a shiny metal costume while investigating a UFO report.||||3|
|1973-10-11||Pascagoula Abduction||Near Pascagoula at the Pascagoula River, Mississippi||United States||Two men fishing on the river claimed to be abducted by strange-looking humanoids.||||4|
|1973-10-17||Eglin Air Force Base Sighting||Florida||United States||An unidentified object was tracked by a Duke Field radar unit during the same time period, and within the same area, that 10 to 15 people observed four strange objects flying in formation between Milton, Florida, and Crestview, Florida, along Interstate 10, according to Eglin officials. Reports from the base indicated that a bright glowing ball of light could be seen travelling parallel with an Air Force C-130 aircraft but at a much higher altitude.||||2|
|1974-01-23||Berwyn Mountain UFO incident||Llandrillo, Merionethshire, North Wales||United Kingdom||An alleged UFO crash involving lights in the sky moments before a large impact shock. The cause of the incident was however soon revealed as a 3.5 magnitude earthquake.||||0|
|1974-05-31||1974 Abduction Event||Beitbridge||South Africa||Travellers Peter and Frances MacNorman claimed an abduction event on 31 May, which would have started near Fort Victoria in the current southern Zimbabwe, and which would have continued to the vicinity of Beitbridge on the South African border.||||4|
|1974-08-25||Coyame UFO incident||Coyame, Chihuahua||Mexico||An alleged mid-air collision between a UFO and a small airplane, near the town of Coyame, Chihuahua, close to the U.S.-Mexico border. Some people believe that a UFO crashed and was secretly recovered, but according to local residents, UFO rumors arose after Mexican military authorities conducted a search to recover drugs and money scattered across the landscape in the wreckage of a plane piloted by a U.S. resident in 1980.||||4|
|1974-09||Titograd UFO incidents||Titograd||Yugoslavia||Several former members of the Yugoslav Air Force claim that during late 1974, UFOs interfered with training flights over Titograd, with MiG 21s being scrambled from nearby Batajnica airbase. The Yugoslav fighters engaged in several chases with these objects and even unsuccessfully attempted to shot them down. The objects eventually stopped appearing.||||1|
|1975-01-12||Stonehenge incident||North Bergen, New Jersey||United States||A UFO was allegedly sighted in North Hudson Park by a man, George O'Barski, while he was driving home at 2:45 AM.||||2|
|1975-10-30||Wurtsmith Air Force Base incident||Near Oscoda, Michigan||United States||USAF security personnel reported an unidentified craft flying within exceptionally secure Strategic Air Command airspace over a B-52 base housing nuclear weapons and delivery systems. An incoming KC-135 tanker was later ordered to commence pursuit over Lake Huron. The object or objects, last seen back over the base's weapons storage area, were never identified.||||1|
|1975-11-05||Travis Walton||Near Turkey Springs in Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, Arizona||United States||Logger Travis Walton reports being abducted by aliens for five days. Walton's six workmates claimed to have witnessed a bright hovering large silvery disk and fled the scene leaving him lying on the ground. He reappeared on 11-10 at late evening in Heber-Overgaard. Walton described the event and its aftermath in the book The Walton Experience (1978), which was dramatized in the film Fire in the Sky (1993) (with the scenes aboard the extraterrestrials' vessel significantly changed).||||4|
|1976-01-06/07||Stanford Abduction||Between Stanford and Hustonville on Route 78, Kentucky||United States||Three women claimed to be abducted after seeing a bright red object and a blue light while driving in a car on the highway.||||4|
|1976-06-22||1976 Canary Isles sightings||Canary Islands||Spain||Several lights and a spherical transparent blue craft, piloted by two beings was reported.||||3|
|1976-08-26||Allagash Abductions||Eagle Lake on the Allagash waterway, Maine||United States||Four campers claimed to have been abducted by alien beings in the Allagash wilderness.||||4|
|1976-09-19||1976 Tehran UFO incident||North of and in Tehran, Mazandaran and Tehran Provinces||Iran||A very bright object similar to a star was seen from Shemiran; after each approach to the UFO the electronic equipment of two F-4 interceptor aircraft of the Imperial Iranian Air Force was disabled, along with ground control equipment in Mehrabad International Airport, an event thoroughly documented in the U.S. DIA report. The Iranian generals involved in the incident claimed the object was extraterrestrial.||||2|
|1977||Colares UFO flap||Colares, Pará||Brazil||Claims of UFOs on a river island investigated by the air force in "Operação Prato" and civilian researchers, among them J. F. Vallée.||||2|
|1977||Broad Haven||Dyfed, Wales||United Kingdom||In the 1970s, the area was the scene of alleged UFO sightings and nicknamed the Broad Haven Triangle.||||2|
|1978-05-10||Emilcin Abduction||Emilcin, Lublin Voivodeship||Poland||A farmer in Emilcin is said to have been abducted and medically examined by short, green-faced, humanoid entities speaking an unearthly language in a white, hovering, humming craft. There is now a memorial at the site.||||4|
|1978-10||Clarenville UFO Sighting||Clarenville, Newfoundland||Canada||Constable Jim Blackwood of the RCMP responded to reports of a flying saucer hovering over a harbour near the town of Clarenville. When he arrived at the scene, the UFO was present and visible. The craft stayed in the area for approximately an hour and a half, during which Blackwood switched on the roof lights of his police cruiser leading the craft to mimic the flashing lights. The craft took off like a shooting star high in the sky and disappeared.||||1|
|1978-10-21||Valentich disappearance||Victoria||Australia||Contacting air traffic control, an Australian pilot reported seeing a UFO before both he and his aircraft vanished.||||2|
|1978-12-21||Kaikoura lights||South Island||New Zealand||A series of sightings by a Safe Air freight plane over two nights. The airplane was escorted by lights that changed color and size. The lights were tracked by ground and air radar, and filmed in the air by a TV crew.||||1|
|1979-01-03||1979 Mindalore Incident||Krugersdorp||South Africa||A mother and her 12-year-old son of Mindalore, Krugersdorp, both claimed an encounter with a group of human-like entities standing beside a craft. One of them encouraged her to depart with them permanently. After she refused, they entered the craft which then shot upwards and disappeared in 30 seconds.||||5|
|1979-08-27||Val Johnson incident||Marshall County, Minnesota||United States||A deputy sheriff spotted a bright light which appeared to have collided with his patrol car and damaged it. The deputy also suffered temporary retinal damage from the "light".||||2|
|1979-11-09||Dechmont Woods Encounter||Dechmont Law near Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland||United Kingdom||Forester, Bob Taylor, was pulled by two spiked globes towards a large spheroid object, which hovered on a clearing. He lost consciousness and afterwards had trouble walking and speaking. He was also constantly thirsty for several days.||||2|
|1979-11-11||Manises UFO incident||Valencia, Province of Valencia||Spain||Three large UFOs forced a commercial flight to make an emergency landing at Manises Airport.||||2|
|1980-04-11 to 28||Arequipa UFO incident||Arequipa Region||Peru||Interception of alleged UFO by Sukhoi Su-22. The UFO was spherical and around three miles from the base, and around 600 metres (2,000 ft) above the ground. The pilot followed the object to an altitude of around 2,500 metres (8,200 ft), and aimed his weapons at the UFO, firing sixty four 30mm shells. The pilot followed the object up to around 19,000 metres (63,000 ft) feet, when he was able to have a much closer look at the object from around 100 metres, noticing that it was around thirty feet in diameter and had an enamelled cream colour, with a wide circular silver base; similar to an incandescent lightbulb, but with a much wider base. The object had no visible exhaust or obvious means of propulsion. The pilot then broke off the engagement.||||2 and 3|
|1980-12-24 to 28||Rendlesham-Woodbridge Incident||Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, England||United Kingdom||A sighting by USAF personnel, which at first appeared to be a downed aircraft.||||2|
|1980-12-29||Cash-Landrum incident||On state highway FM 1485 in New Caney, Texas||United States||A huge diamond-shaped object expelling flame and emitting heat irradiated three witnesses on an isolated road in dense woods; all required treatment for radiation poisoning. The UFO was escorted by military helicopters including CH-47 Chinooks. The victims have since sued the United States Government.||||2|
|1981-01-08||Trans-en-Provence Case||Trans-en-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur||France||Retired contractor Renato Nicolai said he saw a flying object shaped like two inverted bowls that left circular traces on the grass.||||2|
|1981-12-31||Hudson Valley Sightings/Hudson Valley Boomerang||Hudson Valley||United States||A wave of reported UFO sightings in the Hudson Valley which ran until 1987, peaking in 1983-84.||||2, 3 & 4|
|1983-06-30||Copely Woods Encounter||A suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana||United States||Hundreds of basketball-sized ball of lights were sighted around a neighborhood, leaving unusually obvious marks behind. Budd Hopkins wrote his book "Intruders" about the case.||||4|
|1985-12-27||Communion||New York||United States||Author Whitley Strieber claims he was abducted by aliens while at his cabin in upstate New York.||||4|
|1986-01-29||Height 611 UFO incident||Dalnegorsk, Primorski Krai||Soviet Union||The inhabitants of the town watched a reddish ball which crashed into a mount known as Height 611. According some ufologists there was a UFO crash.||2?|
|1986-05-19||"The Official UFO night"||São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro||Brazil||Brazilian Air Force allegedly detected and tried to intercept UFOs in southeastern Brazil. Various "brilliant lights" were reported by flight controller, civil and fighter pilots, confirmed by radar's detection and its operators at the same night, during over 5 hours.||3|
|1986-11-17||Japan Air Lines flight 1628 incident||From eastern to south central Alaska||United States||First two square-shaped, then one very large craft witnessed by the crew flew alongside Japan Air Lines Flight 1628 for 50 minutes above Alaska. One of the objects trailing the Boeing 747 was detected by military radar.||||2|
|1987-11-11||Gulf Breeze UFO incident||Florida||United States||Ed Walters, a building contractor claimed to see a UFO and take photos of it.||2|
|1989-09-27||Voronezh UFO incident||Voronezh||Soviet Union||A group of youths claimed to have seen a UFO and a "three eyed alien".||||3|
|1990-03-30||Belgian UFO wave||Ans, Wallonia||Belgium||Reports of large, silent, low-flying black triangles, allegedly investigated by Belgium's military.||||2|
|1990-08-24||Greifswald Lights||Greifswald, Bezirk Rostock||East Germany, Central Europe||At 8,30 p.m. many people saw a group of 7 luminous spheres in the sky. The spheres formed a Y and were witnessed for about 30 minutes. Photographic evidence exists.||||2|
|1990-11-07||Montreal Sighting||Montreal||Canada||On November 7, 1990, at around 7PM, about 40 people, including police, witnessed a floating luminous object at around 800 meters of altitude. The lights are orange and organized in an orange pattern with white lights at its center. The object floated over Place Bonaventure for about 3 hours.||||1|
|1991-04-07||Baviaanspoort Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||A hovering triangular craft with red central light, and white star-like lights on each extremity, was observed by a family at Baviaanspoort, Pretoria. A similar craft was sighted in the nearby Eersterust township on the evenings of 8 and 9 April, either stationary or moving.||||1|
|1991-09-15||STS-48 incident||Space Shuttle Discovery while in orbit||Outer space||Video taken during mission STS-48 shows a flash of light and several objects, apparently flying in an artificial or controlled fashion. NASA explained them as ice particles reacting to engine jets.||||0|
|1993-08-08||Kelly Cahill Abduction||at a road in the Dandenong Ranges near Belgrave, Victoria||Australia||Housewife Kelly Cahill reported seeing a large craft and beings with glowing red eyes.||||5|
|1993-11-18||Sasolburg Sighting||Sasolburg||South Africa||Residents of Sasolburg observed a craft arriving from the direction of Vereeniging. The craft departed in a flash in the direction of Parys, but returned some three minutes later. The craft, similar in appearance to a water droplet, was observed to change colour and shape. With time individual lights were distinguished, and the body was determined to be cigar-shaped. While contained in a yellowish to orange glow, it emitted a downward blue light, before once again departing in a flash, upwards. A nearby town resident claimed to have found imprints of a small craft's landing gear some two months later.||||1, 2|
|1994-09||Warrenton Sighting||Warrenton||South Africa||A farmer claimed to have made repeated observations of a noisy, nighttime craft travelling at great speeds, besides what he described as a "mother ship". The craft's noise was compared to the sound of a helicopter or Volkswagen Beetle engine. The farmer's general claims were supported by four independent observers.||||1|
|1994-09-16||Ariel UFO incident||Ruwa, East Mashonaland||Zimbabwe||62 children saw a landed round aircraft and a small man next to it near their school.||||3|
|1995-03||South Africa UFO Flap||South Africa||A UFO flap swept South Africa from late March to mid April 1995, which was widely reported in the media.||||2|
|1995-05-25||America West Airlines Flight 564||Bovina, Texas||United States||A 300–400 foot long cigar-shaped UFO with rotating strobe light followed an America West Boeing 757||||2|
|1996-01-20||Varginha UFO incident||Varginha||Brazil||Brazilian Armed Forces allegedly captured extraterrestrial being after an UFO crash. The Brazilian government has officially denied these claims. According to a military inquest, a local man with disabilities was mistaken for an alien.||||3|
|1996-07-28||Erasmuskloof Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||A glowing disc was sighted by Sergeant Becker near the Adriaan Vlok police station, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria. The pulsating light contained a red triangle and emitted bright green tentacles, while a radar operator at Johannesburg International confirmed its presence. A chase ensued involving some 200 policemen and a police helicopter. The helicopter chase was given up at 10,000 ft near Bronkhorstspruit, when the object made a vertical ascent.||||1|
|1996-10-05||Westendorff UFO sighting||Pelotas||Brazil||Pilot observes a UFO emerge from a mother craft.||1|
|1996-12-02||STS-80 incidents||Space Shuttle Columbia while in orbit||Outer space||A video taken during mission STS-80 of the Space Shuttle Columbia was analyzed by Mark J. Carlotto. It included three unusual phenomena: two slow-moving circular objects; a strange rapidly moving burst of light near the Earth's surface; and a number of object traces near the shuttle. The first two may be shuttle debris and an unusual atmospheric phenomenon. An analysis of the object traces near the shuttle suggested they were not shuttle debris or meteors, though James Oberg deemed them to be nearby sunlit debris.||||2|
|1997-03-13||Phoenix Lights||Phoenix, Arizona||United States||Lights and craft of varying descriptions, most notably a V-shaped pattern, were seen by thousands of people between 19:30 and 22:30 MST, in a space of about 300 miles, from the Nevada line, through Phoenix, to the edge of Tucson.||||1|
|1997-07||Trichardt Sighting||Trichardt||South Africa||A hovering, cylindrical light or shiny cloud, was filmed by Andreas Mathios in the sky above the town of Trichardt, in the current western Mpumalanga province. Besides Mathios, it was independently observed by three other persons around 6:50am. The light suddenly dropped and rose again before disappearing.||||0|
|1998-12-27||Graaff-Reinet sighting||Graaff-Reinet||South Africa||The Laubscher family videotaped a group of roundish triangular craft passing over the town of Graaff-Reinet, at about 25,000 ft. These were changing colour and sometimes circled one another, before being overtaken by a much larger, shiny, gold-coloured craft. At this point all the objects departed to a cloud bank on the horizon.||||0|
|2000-01-05||Southern Illinois UFO incident or St. Clair Triangle||St. Clair County, Illinois||United States||Some police officers and other witnesses reported the sighting of a silent triangular craft operating an unusual treetop level altitude and speeds.||||1|
|2000-05-08||Warden Sighting||Warden||South Africa||Police inspector Kriel claimed to have observed an approaching UFO while travelling on the N3 freeway, 70 km north of Warden in the eastern Free State province. The orange, oval-shaped light was fitted with two cupolas, one above and another below, and was wide enough to cover four lanes of the freeway. After a close approach the craft receded again. A follow up report claimed that the vicinity is known for moving light apparitions.||||1|
|Date||Name||City, State||Country||Description||Sources||Hynek Scale|
|2001-07-15||Carteret UFO case||Carteret, New Jersey||United States||At least 15 people, including two police officers, stopped their cars along the New Jersey Turnpike to view light formations in the night sky.||||1|
|2004-03-05||2004 Mexican UFO incident||Mexico||A drug-smuggling air-patrol recorded on infrared camera what some claimed to be UFOs. The footage was released by Jaime Maussan. The objects were however convincingly correlated with the burn-off flares of oil platforms.||||2|
|2004-08-21 to 2006-10-31||The Tinley Park Lights||Tinley Park, Illinois||United States||A sequence of five mass UFO sightings, first on August 21, 2004, two months later on October 31, 2004, again on October 1 of 2005, and once again on October 31, 2006, in Tinley Park and Oak Park, Chicago.||||1|
|2004-11-14||USS Nimitz UFO incident||Off the coast of San Diego, California||United States||Cmdr. David Fravor and Lt. Cmdr. Jim Slaight from VFA-41 squadron flying Super Hornet on a routine training mission, when a controller from USS Princeton informed them about an unidentified flying object nearby. When the fighter pilots encountered the object, it was described as "40-feet long and shaped like a Tic tac". The object flying at random pattern, appearing at 80,000 ft, and then dived to 20,000 ft at "incredible speed". The object later descended to 50 ft above the water, causing the sea to churn. When the fighter plane approaching the object, it suddenly came to the plane head on before peeling away. Although the fighter pilots were no longer able to detect the object, the radar controller at USS Princeton was able to detect its presence for a few minutes before disappearing. The Super Hornet later returning to USS Nimitz.||||2|
|2006-11-07||2006 O'Hare International Airport UFO sighting||Chicago, Illinois||United States||United Airlines employees and pilots claimed sightings of a saucer-shaped, unlit craft hovering over a Chicago O'Hare Airport terminal, before shooting up vertically.||||1|
|2007-04-23||2007 Alderney UFO sighting||Alderney||Bailiwick of Guernsey||Two airline pilots on separate flights spot UFOs off the coast of Alderney.||||1|
|2007-10-29||2007 Kolkata UFO sighting||Kolkata||India||A fast moving object was spotted at 30° in the eastern horizon between 3:30AM and 6:30AM and filmed on handycam. Its shape shifted from a sphere to a triangle and then to a straight line. The object emitted a bright light forming a halo and radiated a range of colours. It was spotted by many people and hundreds gathered along the E.M. Bypass to catch a glimpse of the UFO, triggering a frenzy. The video footage was released on a TV News channel and later shown to D.P. Duari, the director of MP Birla Planetarium, Kolkata, who found it to be "extremely interesting and strange".||||1|
|2007-11-28 to 2011-12-13||Dudley Dorito||West Midlands conurbation||United Kingdom||The Dudley Dorito sightings concerns multiple sightings of a black triangle over the West Midlands conurbation of the United Kingdom which began in November 2007. The phrase was coined by the local press after hearing witness descriptions of the object.||||1|
|2008-01-08||Stephenville, Texas UFO sightings||Stephenville, Texas, Dublin, Texas, Crawford, Texas||United States||UFOs were sighted over a three county area during a four-hour period of time and included over 20 witnesses. Radar data was obtained that correlated to some of the witness observations. The Air Force was doing training exercises in the Brownwood Military Operating Area during this event and their aircraft were identified on radar independent of the UFO.||||1|
|2008-05 to 2008-09||2008 Turkey UFO sightings||Istanbul||Turkey||Over a four-month span in 2008, a night guard at the Yeni Kent Compound videotaped one or more UFOs over Turkey at nighttime. Many witnesses confirmed the two and a half hours' worth of video, leading the Sirius UFO Space Science Research Center to dub it the "most important images of a UFO ever filmed".||||2|
|2008-06-20||Wales UFO sightings||different cities, Wales||United Kingdom||According to media reports, a police helicopter was almost hit by a UFO, before it tried to pursue it. Hundreds of people reported to have witnessed a UFO on the same or preceding days, from different areas of Wales.||||2|
|2009-01-05||Morristown UFO hoax||Morristown, New Jersey||United States||In the evening, many citizens in Morristown and other town in Morris County, New Jersey saw five red lights in the sky. After three months, two men from the Morristown area announced they had organized an UFO hoax, meant as a "social experiment".||||1|
|2009-02-27||Middelburg Witbank Sighting||Middelburg - Witbank||South Africa||Two formations of high-flying, orange-red objects, were seen by many witnesses, and video-recorded by some, as they traveled between the towns of Middelburg and Witbank, 25 kilometres (16 mi) apart. The first formation of 7 objects were seen at 21:51 on 27 February, as they flew westwards from Middelburg towards Witbank. Due to their altitude they eventually disappeared behind clouds. At 20:00 on 6 March, they were noted again high in the sky, but this time greater in number, 23, and traveling in the opposite direction.||||1|
|2009-12-09||2009 Norwegian spiral anomaly||Finnmark||Norway and Sweden||A large, circular spinning white light, trailed by a long blue tail over the skies of Norway was spotted by thousands for two minutes around 8:45 am on December 9. The Norwegian media and space center were swamped with calls, and the phenomenon was held to be anything from a UFO to a unique aurora borealis event. The following day Russian authorities confirmed a failed Bulava launch, explaining the anomaly.||||1|
|2009||Bhopal UFO Sightning||Bhopal||India||Two circlular shaped bright objects circling the city of Bhopal were recorded by a student. The footage was later shown on national news channels considering them to be UFOs. Though, Indian Space Research Organisation experts rejected the claim by calling them the light of an aircraft or hot air balloons which is looking fuzzy due to mobile's poor camera quality. Officers of Bhopal International Airport also told media that they have not encountered any such objects in their radar.||||1|
|2010-01-25||Harbour Mille incident||Harbour Mille, Newfoundland and Labrador||Canada||At least three UFOs were spotted over Harbour Mille. The objects looked like missiles but emitted no noise.||||1|
|2010-07-07||Hangzou UFO sighting||Hangzou||China||An Unidentified Flying Object was spotted above Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport at 9.00 p.m. The airport was closed down due to the sighting.||||1|
|2010-07-21||Booysens Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||Residents of Booysens, Pretoria, observed a triangle of bright lights which hung motionless in the sky for two hours. In each instance the object commenced a slow descent towards the horizon at 20:30. Binocular observation revealed nothing more than a blue and emerald light, with a white light which shone straight downwards.||||1|
|2010-10-23||Warren Air Force Base incident||Wyoming||United States||UFO sighting coincides with 50 nuclear missiles going off-line.||||0|
|2011-02-20||2011 Vancouver UFO sighting||Vancouver, Washington||United States||Reports of purple and red flashing lights appearing in the sky on the evening of February 20, 2011 were revealed as a hoax by the owner of a large Chinese made kite with lights attached.||||0|
|2011-05-11||Tierpoort Sighting||Pretoria||South Africa||A host of silent, orange lights with consistent luminosity were observed as they traveled faster than a commercial aeroplane over Tierpoort near Pretoria (some 20 objects) and Krugersdorp respectively. On 15 June seven of these objects were observed and some photographed as they crossed the sky in single file over Tierpoort.||||1|
|2014-06-04||Kensington PEI Sighting||Kensington, Prince Edward Island||Canada||While putting out a bonfire late in the evening of June 4, 2014, John Sheppard witnessed unusual lights in the sky over the Gulf of St. Lawrence and captured 22 minutes of it on his cellphone. After reporting the incident to MUFON and their investigation concluding it being a confirmed sighting, CBC covered the event. The next day, CBC released a follow-up article in which a series of alternate explanations for the event were presented.||||0|
|2014-08-11||Mass UFO sighting||Houston, Texas||United States||Many people in Houston, Texas saw a ring of lights, flying during a thunderstorm and this was captured on video, object seemed to be transparent but the lights were arranged in a circle with a central light visible on some pictures.||||1|
|2014-10-03||Colorado UFO sighting||Breckenridge, Colorado||United States||The police in Breckenridge, Colorado received multiple reports of UFO sightings over the city. The mysterious objects remained stationary for periods of up to 15 minutes at a time. After that, a flash would appear and the "objects would take off across the mountain ridge".||||1|
|2014-11-11||Airplane Disc Sighting||Alborz||Iran||Plane passenger records speeding circular 'UFO' zooming beneath the jet he was in as it flies over Iran. According to the Daily Mail, "the most likely explanation is that it is high tech drone being operated by the Iranian military."||||1|
|2014-11-11||2014 Chile UFO sighting||Chile||Chile||One UFO sighted by Chilean Navy helicopter along the coast. Filmed nearly 10 minutes with visible and infrared camera.||||0|
|2014-2015||2014–2015 multiple UFO sighting by US Navy||United States||USA, along the coasts of Virginia and Florida||almost daily sighting of UFO from the summer of 2014 to March 2015 including videos from the US Navy.||||0|
|2015-11-28||2015 Gorakhpur UFO sighting||Gorakhpur||India||The UFO, what is claimed to be a huge disc-shaped flying object, was reportedly caught hovering over Padri market in Gorakhpur.||||1|
|2017-10-25||2017 Oregon UFO sighting||Oregon||United States||UFO seen on radar by the FAA, and after it disappeared from radar by multiple pilots into Northern California. One pilot noting "This was a white airplane and it was big. And it was moving at a clip too, because we were keeping pace with it, it was probably moving faster than we were."||||1|
|2018-01-13||2018 California UFO sighting||California||United States||Large group of UFOs seen in three USA locations on same day.||||0|
|2018-11-08||2018 Ireland UFO sighting||Republic of Ireland||Several airliner pilots report seeing "very bright lights" off the south-west coast of Ireland, moving at around "at least Mach 2" before veering off to the north. The sighting prompted the Irish Aviation Authority to launch an investigation.||||1|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to UFO sightings.|
- List of unexplained explosion events
- List of alleged extraterrestrial beings
- Space jellyfish, a type of UFO also containing a list of sightings.
Notes and references
- Budge, E. A. Wallis, Egyptian Language, Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd., London, 1966: pp. 194-196
- Vallee, Jacques; Aubek, Chris (2010). Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times. Penguin. ISBN 9781101444726. Retrieved 14 July 2017 – via books.google.co.uk.
- "The History of Rome, Book 21, Chapter 62". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Stothers, Richard. "Unidentified Flying Objects in Classical Antiquity" The Classical Journal 103.1 (2007) 79-92" (PDF). The Classical Journal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-10-22. Retrieved 2012-10-06. p. 87
- Pliny, , on Perseus
- "ARCHAEOLOGY OF THE UFO". Atlantis Rising Magazine.
- Plutarch, Lucullus, 8.6, on Perseus
- Chariots in the Sky on the "Second Passover" of 66 AD
- Jeffrey J. Kripal (16 September 2011). Authors of the Impossible: The Paranormal and the Sacred. University of Chicago Press. pp. 153–. ISBN 978-0-226-45389-7.
- Primele semnalari OZN romanesti (in Romanian)
- "What was the mysterious UFO that bathed Hull in blue light?". Hull Daily Mail. Archived from the original on 26 December 2015. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "Hull man who saw 'leapfrogging' lights over Bransholme to hold UFO convention". Hull Daily Mail. Archived from the original on 23 February 2017. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- Kazuo Tanaka: Did a close encounter of the Third Kind occur on a Japanese beach in 1803? In: Skeptical Inquirer. Vol. 24, No. 4, Juli/August 2000, ISSN 0194-6730, p. 37–44
- Masaru Mori: The female alien in a hollow vessel. In: Fortean Times. Vol. 48, Dennis Publishing Ltd., London 1987, ISSN 0308-5899, p. 48–50.
- "A List of UFO Sightings by Astronomers". Scribd.com. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Close Encounters of a Kind Time magazine
- Aurora - Can a space alien rest in peace? Houston Chronicle
- "Papers Past — Evening Post — 4 August 1921 — A MYSTERY OF 1909". Paperspast.natlib.govt.nz. 1921-08-04. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Papers Past — Wanganui Herald — 27 July 1909 — AN OTAGO AIRSHIP MYSTERY". Paperspast.natlib.govt.nz. 1909-07-27. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada, Heavenly Lights 2005
- Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada, Celestial Secrets 2007
- Joaquim Fernandes, Fernando Fernandes and Raul Berenguel, Fatima Revisited 2008
- "Foo-Fighter". time.com. TIME. 1945-01-15. Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- Henry Stevens (2003-02-01). Hitler's Flying Saucers. ISBN 9781931882132.
- Ryan S. Wood. "The First Roswell: Evidence For A Crash Retrieval In Cape Girardeau Missouri In 1941" (PDF). MUFON. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Missouri's UFO crash preceded Roswell by six years". The Ozarks Sentinel. Archived from the original on 2012-05-23. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- Holly Brantley (August 3, 2012). "Close encounters of the Heartland kind". KFVS12.
- 140 Years of UFO sightings Telegraph:
- L.A. 'Battle' Launched a Golden Age of UFOs Los Angeles Times:
- Science in the Early Twentieth Century - Jacob Darwin Hamblin - 2005
- The Rough Guide to Sweden: James Proctor & Neil Roland
- Sheaffer, Robert. "The First "Flying Saucer" Sighting - Kenneth Arnold Mt. Rainier, Washington - June 24, 1947". The Debunker's Domain. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- Saucers in the sky BBC News Magazine:
- Swords, Powell (2012). UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry. Anomalist Books. pp. 32–33, 35, 38–39. ISBN 978-1-938398-15-5.
- Report on Roswell 'UFO crash' due soon CNN
- Edgar Mitchell#Views on UFOs
- "O Fantástico Caso Higgins - Arquivo X do Brasil". arquivoxbr.com. 14 February 2015. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Mysterious Green Fireballs, UFOs, And The "Roswell Incident" Archived 2009-08-22 at the Wayback Machine Committee for Skeptical Inquiry
- Clyde Tombaugh#Interest in UFOs
- Captain Thomas Francis Mantell Jr. Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine National Guard History eMuseum
- Clark, Jerome (2003). Strange Skies: Pilot Encounters with UFOs. Citadel Press. p. 66. ISBN 0-8065-2299-2.
- The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects Edward J. Ruppelt
- "NARCAP UFO Report". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "UFO. A History, 1950:April-July" (PDF). sohp.us. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- The Trent Farm Photos Archived 2013-03-21 at the Wayback Machine Dr. Bruce Maccabee Research Website
- The Mariana UFO Incident Great Falls Tribune
- Some Lubbock Residents Spot A UFO Traveling Across Texas Archived 2017-12-28 at the Wayback Machine KCBD News Channel
- B. J. Booth. "1951, The Fort Monmouth UFO Case". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Something in the air: 50 years ago, UFOs streaked over D.C. The Seattle Times
- Swords, Powell (2012). UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry. Anomalist Books. pp. 153–163. ISBN 978-1-938398-15-5.
- "UFO Report". www.nicap.org. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Swords, Powell (2012). UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry. Anomalist Books. pp. 149–50, 220. ISBN 978-1-938398-15-5.
- Noah, Timothy. "How To Tell the New York Times from the Weekly World News". Slate.com, May 28, 2002. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects Edward J. Ruppelt
- Mayher 16 mm movie film Archived 2016-03-11 at the Wayback Machine
- "UFO sighting by RAF pilot dubbed 'Saucer Sam' in 1952 left aviation minister 'convinced' we are not alone". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Copping, Jasper (27 May 2012). "The UFO sighting that convinced a Government minister". Retrieved 19 December 2017 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "The Legend of the Flatwoods Monster". Wvculture.org. 2002-09-12. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- The Phantom of Flatwoods Braxton Citizens' News
- Flatwoods monster meets with Mothman at UFO extravaganza The Register-Herald
- "UFO Report". www.nicap.org. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Prescott Evening Courier, Vol. 71 #98-May 22, 1953". 1953-05-22. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects Edward J. Ruppelt
- Airmen's disappearance remains a mystery Archived 2009-01-03 at the Wayback Machine Wisconsin State Journal:
- "Kelly Johnson's UFO Encounter - Unexplained Mysteries - Videos". Unexplained Mysteries. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "The Lockheed UFO Case". Conspiracy101.com. 1947-07-07. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- 4 August 1954-The Hague, Netherlands
- 1954:August UFO & Alien sightings
- "1954 - Tananarive, Madagascar - Multiple Witnesses to UFOs - UFO Casebook Files".
- Lynn Picknett, The Mammoth Book of UFOs, Consteble & Robinson Ltd, 2001
- "UFO Report". www.nicap.org. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "15 top UFO sightings in India – Uncle from Mars did visit us". MumbaiGloss.
- "Worldwide UFO Wave of 1954 Report". www.nicap.org. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Siege of 'Little Green Men' - The 1955 Kelly, Kentucky, Incident Archived 2009-08-14 at the Wayback Machine Skeptical Inquirer
- Hind, Cynthia (March 1992). "Woman takes photo of flying saucer". UFO Afrinews. 5: 28.
- Rebecca Camber (25 October 2008). "U.S. fighter pilot: 'I was ordered to fire 24 rockets at UFO flying over East Anglia.'". Mail Online'.
- "The RB-47 UFO Encounter".
- Richards, Dillon H.; Stirling, Janet I. (2011). Searching for UFOs: Mystery explorers. The Rosen Publishing Group. p. 64. ISBN 978-1448847655.
- Zappler], Reader's digest; [chief contributing writer, Richard Marshall; contributing writers, Monte Davis, Valerie Moolman,] Georg (1982). Mysteries of the unexplained (Repr. with amendments ed.). Pleasantville, N.Y.: Reader's Digest Association. p. 219. ISBN 0895771462.
- They came from out'a spaceThe Independent Archived 2009-01-03 at the Wayback Machine
- A FRESH LOOK AT FLYING SAUCERS Time magazine
- Swords, Powell (2012). UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry. Anomalist Books. pp. 252–55, 263. ISBN 978-1-938398-15-5.
- National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena; Richard Hall (1964). The UFO evidence: (unidentified flying objects). National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- "Trindade Island's UFO". Cohenufo.org. Archived from the original on 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Morford, Mark (2008-02-27). "How creepy to you want it?". sfgate.com. SFGate. Retrieved 2008-07-05.
- "1959-The Papua, New Guinea UFOs". Ufos.about.com. 1959-04-05. Archived from the original on 2011-09-18. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Bill Chalker (2007-08-19). "Reverend William (Bill) Booth Gill (1928-2007)". Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- "5 Pilots Sight Mysterious Flying Object", Oakland Tribune, July 11, 1959, p1; "Believer Now In Saucers, Says Witness", Oakland Tribune, July 12, 1959, p1
- Testament for Believers Time magazine
- "Primary catalogue of type 1 cases in Argentina" (PDF). ignaciodarnaude.com. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "The Magonia Database: Part 6: February 2nd 1958 - November 1962". www.ufoinfo.com. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- City plans to make UFO site into tourist attraction Archived 2011-07-18 at Archive.today El Defensor Chieftain
- Roy Craig (1995). Ufos: An Insider's View of the Official Quest for Evidence. University of North Texas Press. pp. 116–. ISBN 978-0-929398-94-5. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Louis Theroux (4 September 2008). Call of the Weird: Travels in American Subcultures. Pan Macmillan. pp. 22–. ISBN 978-0-330-47348-4. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Norman Muscarello Recalls His UFO Incident at Exeter SeacoastNH
- Hall, Richard (1965-09-17). "UFOs: A New Look (NICAP 1969)". Associated Press, Johannesburg.
- NASA to search files on '65 UFO incident MSNBC
- Coleman, Loren (December 2001). Mothman and Other Curious Encounters. Paraview.com Inc. ISBN 978-1931044349.
- Cronkite, Walter (1966). "Frank Mannor's 1966 UFO sighting in Dexter, Michigan". youtube.com. CBS News via youtube. Retrieved 2018-07-29.
- "UFO Analysis Puts Sheriff In Dither". Toledo Blade. Ann Arbor, Mich. Mar 30, 1966. p. 8. Retrieved 2013-03-08.
- "J. Allen Hynek (1910-1986) Papers, 1925-1988". Findingaids.library.northwestern.edu. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- Lavery, Kevin (2016-03-21). "UFO or swamp gas? MI's "close encounter" 50 years later". wkar.org. Retrieved 2018-07-29.
On March 20, 1966, dozens of people claimed to have spotted a UFO hovering around Dexter, MI, near Ann Arbor. The next day, a similar report came out of Hillsdale. The rash of sightings made national news, and even caught the attention of veteran newsman Walter Cronkite.
- "Academic throws light on 40-year-old UFO mystery". The Age. Melbourne. 2005-10-02. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- "UFO Hunters — Catalina Island — History.com Videos". History.com. 1997-03-13. Archived from the original on 2015-10-18. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- American Chronicle: More UFOs reported over Ohio
- Brenda Denzler (1 June 2003). The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of Ufos. University of California Press. pp. 54–. ISBN 978-0-520-93027-8. Retrieved 2013-05-18.
- Falcon Lake, Manitoba Library and Archives of Canada
- French Get a Look at Nation's UFO Files Washington Post
- The mysterious San Luis Valley, part I Cyberwest Magazine
- Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia Library and Archives of Canada
- Canadian Department of National Defence Memo Library and Archives of Canada
- Paul R. Hill (1995), Unconventional Flying Objects: A Scientific Analysis, Hampton Roads Publishing, p. 59; 132, ISBN 978-1612831817
- Jon Hahn (Nov 27, 2002), Welcome mat is out for UFO at the Vashon 'spaceport', Seattle Post Intelligencer
- "February 1968 sightings", Project Blue Book, United States Air Force, p. NARA-PBB1-447
- Webb, Walter N. Encounter at Buff Ledge: A UFO Case History. J Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (1993) ISBN 978-0929343600
- Donderi, Don. UFOs, ETs, and Alien Abductions: A Scientist Looks at the Evidence. Hampton Roads Publishing (2013) ISBN 9781571746955. page 103
- Ffolkes-3 (13 September 1998). "The Secret KGB UFO Files (TV Movie 1998)". IMDb.
- Carter files report on UFO sighting Archived 2010-02-09 at the Wayback Machine History.com
- "Ruotuväki: Ilmavoimien lentäjät tekivät merkittävän ufo-havainnon 60-luvulla". is.fi. 8 May 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Tony Jinks (19 October 2011). An Introduction to the Psychology of Paranormal Belief and Experience. McFarland. pp. 110f. ISBN 978-0-7864-6544-6. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Richerd H. Hall, The UFO Evidence, Vol. II, The Scarecrow Press Inc.,2000
- Breytenbach, Willem (1997-06-27). "Fort Beaufort se VVV". Beeld newspaper. p. 13.
- Hind, Cynthia (1982). UFO's - African Encounters. Gemini. ISBN 0-7974-0533-X.
- Brian Vike (2007-08-27). "Breaside Fort Beaufort, South Africa - South African Police Fire At UFO". HBCC UFO Research. American Chronicle. Archived from the original on 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Macgregor, David (1997-07-08). "Farmer shoots at UFO in 1972". Sunday Independent. Archived from the original on 2007-02-24. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Hind, Cynthia (July 1988). "Comment". UFO Afrinews. 1: 6–10.
- Spencer, John (1991). World Atlas of UFOs. Hamlyn Publishing Group, London. p. 149.
- Spencer, John (1993). The UFO Encyclopedia. Avon Books, New York. p. 297.
- "COULD E.T. THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL BE A.M. THE ANIMAL MUTILATOR?". Deseret News. Feb 25, 1990. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- James Oberg "The Skylab 3 Mission "UFO Photographs" of 1973" from 2011-12-21 at http://debunker.com, retrieved 2013-05-18.
- Gregory L. Reece (15 August 2007). UFO Religion: Inside Flying Saucer Cults and Culture. I. B. Tauris. ISBN 978-1-84511-451-0. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Conspiracy Theories in American History - Peter Knight
- Fort Walton Beach, Florida, "Eglin Radar Installation Tracks UFO Over I-10", Playground News, Friday 19 October 1973, page 1.
- R. M. W. Musson, 2006. The enigmatic Bala earthquake of 1974, Astronomy & Geophysics, vol. 47 no 5, pp 11–15.
- Berwyn Mountains Incident BBC
- Spencer, John (1991). World Atlas of UFOs. Smithmark Publishers Inc. pp. 149–150.
- UFO Hunters: Book One. Tor Books, a division of Macmillan Publishers. 2013. pp. 131-141. Retrieved 2014-08-02.
- History Channel. "UFO Hunters: Unexplained: Mexico's Roswell: The Coyame Crash". History Channel. Archived from the original on 2014-10-15.
- Tajno Znanje (2016-08-07), Na rubu znanosti- NLO i jugoslavensko ratno zrakoplovstvo 1. dio 06.10.2014. (in Croatian), retrieved 2017-12-20
- "Bivši vojni pilot: U Jastrebu sam jurio za NLO-om iznad Dubrovnika" (in Croatian). Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "The "Stonehenge" incident of January 1975" (PDF). ignaciodarnaude.com. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Francis Ridge (1975-10-30). "UFO CHASED BY KC-135 TANKER". Nicap.org. Retrieved 2012-09-22.
- "Bases reported UFOs in '75". The Milwaukee Sentinel. Jan 19, 1979. pp. 1, 7. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "The Kentucky Abductions". UFO Evidence. Archived from the original on 2013-04-08. Retrieved 2013-03-15.
- "Observation in the Canary Islands in 1976". Archived from the original on 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2009-12-31.
- Booth, Billy. "1976-The Allagash Alien Abduction". Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- Fowler, Raymond E. (1993). "The Allagash Abductions". UFO Evidence. Archived from the original on 2013-04-08. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- UFOs are not just a case of science fiction, say pilots Irish Independent
- Pratt, Bob. "Colares". Archived from the original on 2010-01-03. Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- Bourton, Tom (5 July 2007). "New details on UFO case revealed". BBC News. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- "Archive: Dyfed Triangle UFO sighting from 1970s". BBC News. 12 July 2012.
- Young Polish artist Hubert Czerepok reflects on visit of those Strange Tourists from the cosmos Kraków Post
- James Blackwood - Raccoon Whisperer (19 May 2015). "RCMP Officer Interview - UFO Sighting 1978". Retrieved 19 December 2017 – via YouTube.
- Retired RCMP officer remembers Clarenville UFO experience The Packet
- Pilot spots 'UFO' over Guernsey BBC
- Victoria's own X-File unsolved 30 years on Brisbane Times
- "We are not alone: lights in the sky". Waikato Times. July 27, 2007. Archived from the original on September 18, 2012. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- Hind, Cynthia (March–April 1979). "The Mystery at Mindalore". The Mufon UFO Journal. 134.
- Back on the radar Los Angeles Times
- The Minnesota Book of Days Tony Greiner
- "Obituary: Robert Taylor". The Economist. 2007-03-29. Retrieved 2007-03-29.
- The Anomaly Foundation Solves the "Manises" UFO Case fundacion anomalia
- The only man to ever shoot at a UFO, News.com.au, 30 December 2015
- Piloto se "enfrentó" a OVNI en Arequipa, La Republica, 14 October 2008
- UFOs - Rendlesham, Suffolk BBC
- "CASH-LANDRUM CASE" REPORTED TO SHOW SEVERE PHYSICAL EFFECTS Archived 2008-12-22 at the Wayback Machine CSICOP – The Klass Files
- Hearst Magazines (May 2001). Popular Mechanics. Hearst Magazines. pp. 66–. ISSN 0032-4558. Retrieved 2013-06-10.
- Vikas Khatri (2006). Mysteries Around Ufos And Aliens. Pustak Mahal. p. 82. ISBN 9788122309447.
- Jordan-Kauble, Debbie (2003-06-30). "The Copely Woods, Indiana Encounter". UFO Casebook. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- Janet Maslin (November 10, 1989). "Communion, A True Story". New York Times.
- FAA Checking into "UFO" Over Alaska Daily Sitka Sentinel, 5 Jan 1987
- "Ellensburg Daily Record - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "SUNDAY EXPRESS Newspaper, September 17, 1995". Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- "The Greifswald Lights". Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Un ovni en plein coeur de Montréal". Radio-Canada. Retrieved 2017-10-26.
- "UFO Phenomenon over Montreal". CBC. Retrieved 2017-10-26.
- Correspondent (1991-04-08). "Ma en seun sien 'n helder VVV". Beeld newspaper. p. 6.
- Van der Westhuizen, Gert (1991-04-09). "VVV se skynsels was soos 'n ster s'n". Beeld newspaper. p. 4.
- Snyman, Dana (1991-04-10). "Vreemde voorwerp vlieg wéér oor Pta". Beeld newspaper. p. 4.
- Plait, Philip C. (2002). Bad Astronomy. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-471-40976-6.
- Good, Timothy (2000). Unearthly Disclosure. Random House. pp. 51ff. ISBN 9781446456965.
- Chalker, Bill (2005). Hair of the Alien: DNA and Other Forensic Evidence of Alien Abductions. Simon and Schuster. pp. 49–67. ISBN 1416510249.
- Taylor, Bruce (1993-11-23). "Vreemde ding in lug bo SA dorp". Beeld newspaper. p. 4.
- Taylor, Bruce (1994-01-14). "VVV op Sasolburg". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Van der Walt, Sarel (1994-10-13). "VVV's bo sy plaas klink soos 'n Volksie". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Cynthia Hind "The Children of Ariel School - Case No. #96. Ruwa, Zimbabwe" in UFO AFRINEWS 1994 at UFO Evidence, retrieved 2013-05-11.
- Stephane Allix "Experiencers" (german sub) on Youtube, retrieved 2013-05-11.
- Correspondent (1995-03-31). "Ruimtepiering land by boer". Beeld newspaper. p. 1.
- Correspondent (1995-04-06). "5 Voortrekkers sien VVV op kamp". Beeld newspaper. p. 9.
- Correspondent (1995-04-19). "Iets vreemds hang in lug". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- 1995-America West 564 UFO, Billy Booth, About.com Guide
- "forgetomori " The Varginha Incident: Case Closed?".
- Coetzee, Sandra (1996-08-29). "VVV vlug van Pretoria na Bronkhorstspruit". Beeld newspaper. p. 1.
- Coetzee, Sandra (1996-08-30). "VVV by Pta bly 'n raaisel". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Pienaar, Antoinette (1996-09-02). "Opgewondenheid oor VVV het nog nie gaan lê". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Carlotto, Mark J. (Summer 2005). "Anomalous Phenomena in Space Shuttle Mission STS-80 Video". New Frontiers in Science. 4 (4).
- "STS-80 UFO - high quality version". RealUFOs. April 21, 2008.
- Price, Richard (1997-06-18). "Arizonans say the truth about UFO is out there" (PDF). USA Today. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
- Fife Symington (November 9, 2007). "Symington: I saw a UFO in the Arizona sky". CNN.
- Henriët, Philna (1997-08-19). "4 sien VVV wat soos sigaret lyk". Beeld newspaper. p. 6.
- Herbiet, Noël (1998-02-27). ECUFOR case ref 01JLGR27128. Evaluation Center for UFO Reports.
- Hind, Cynthia (July 1999). "UFO on Video, Case No 149". UFO Afrinews. 20: 22–23.
- Valery Schremp, Police Officers in St. Clair County report seeing early-morning UFO, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, January 9, 2000
- Liebenberg, Dries (2000-05-09). "Polisievrou séker sy sien vreemde lig". Beeld newspaper. p. 3.
- Dean Schabner (July 19, 2001). "Flares Or UFO? Jury Still Out". ABC News. Retrieved 2001-07-19.
- "NY-SPI Investigates Carteret UFO Case". NY-SPI. January 20, 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- Smith, James C. (July 24, 2004). "The Mexican Air Force UFO Affair: Aliens, Ball Lightning, or Flares?". Skeptic. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- "Lights in sky over Tinley Park have UFO believers looking up". Abclocal.go.com. October 18, 2006. Archived from the original on 2007-02-17. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- Jeff Ruby (May 27, 2007). "Do You Believe? - Chicago Magazine". Chicagomag.com. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "Dateline NBC: News stories about crime, celebrity and health". MSNBC. Archived from the original on July 7, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- Cooper, Helene; Kean, Leslie; Blumenthal, Ralph (16 December 2017). "2 Navy Airmen and an Object That 'Accelerated Like Nothing I've Ever Seen'". Retrieved 19 December 2017 – via NYTimes.com.
- News, A. B. C. (18 December 2017). "Navy pilot recalls encounter with UFO: 'I think it was not from this world'". ABC News. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Rosenberg, Eli (18 December 2017). "Former Navy pilot describes UFO encounter studied by secret Pentagon program". Retrieved 19 December 2017 – via www.washingtonpost.com.
- "'UFO' spooks pilots over Chicago". The Age. Melbourne. 2007-01-02. Retrieved 2007-02-13.
- de Woolfson, Joel (April 26, 2007). "Pilot's UFO shock". This is Guernsey. Archived from the original on 2018-07-22. Retrieved 2007-04-26.
- "UFO puzzle has city in a tizzy". The Times of India. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Did a UFO come over Kolkata?". dna. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Kolkata in a tizzy over UFO sighting". merinews.com. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- "Shape of things to come?" Express & Star, (Wolverhampton) dated 11 January 2008. Recovered on 13 April 2008.
- "Is there plane truth behind the UFOs?" Express & Star, (Wolverhampton) dated 16 January 2008. Recovered on 13 April 2008.
- "UFOs? Nope. They were fighter jets, Air Force says" CNN.com. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Dublin Stephenville Radar Report prime 2.pdf". Google Docs. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- 'Flying Saucer' filmed over Turkey The Sun
- UFO spotted by police helicopter BBC
- "09-04-01". skeptic.com. 1 April 2009. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Otto, Aletta (2010-03-10). "Wat is dié vlieënde voorwerpe?". Beeld. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- Brian Vike (2009-04-12). "Aerorand, Middelburg, South Africa Five Round Orange/Red Objects (Video)". HBCC UFO Research. American Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- Wheeler, Virginia (2009-12-09). "Spiral UFO puts Norway in a spin". The Sun. London.
- Moskowitz, Clara (2009-12-10). "Russia admits missile caused UFO lights". msnbc.com.
- Wheeler, Bhopal. patrika. Bhopal https://www.patrika.com/bhopal-news/india-ufo-spotted-in-bhopal-1250047/. Missing or empty
- "DND, RCMP mum on UFO mystery". CBC News. 2010-01-27.
- News, A. B. C. (6 October 2010). "UFO Report Shuts Down Chinese Airport". ABC News. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Van Rooyen, Fanie (2010-07-25). "VVV oor Pretoria slaan talle dronk" [UFO over Pretoria leaves many people mystified] (in Afrikaans). Beeld. Archived from the original on August 28, 2010. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- "Did UFO cause power failure at nuclear missile base?". Mail Online/Daily Mail. July 8, 2011.
- "UFO revealed to be kite with lights". March 9, 2011. United Press International. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- van Rooyen, Fanie (2011-06-15). "Nóg 'n vrou sien vreemde oranje ligte" [Yet another woman sees strange orange lights]. Beeld (in Afrikaans). Archived from the original on 2013-11-01. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- van Rooyen, Fanie (2011-06-13). "Wat is die oranje lig op dié foto" [What is the orange light on this picture]. Beeld (news24.com) (in Afrikaans). Archived from the original on 2013-06-30. Retrieved 2013-05-29.
- Ebersohn, Karen (2011-11-03). "Vreemde vlieënde vuurballe bo Harrismith gesien" [Strange flying fireballs seen over Harrismith] (in Afrikaans). Nuus24. p. 3. Archived from the original on 2012-08-18. Retrieved 2013-04-04.
- "UFO sighting in P.E.I. backed by national group". CBC. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- Chapin, Laura (2016-01-13). "UFO sighting in P.E.I. disputed". CBC.
- "Aliens attack: People of Houston, Texas claim they were visited by a UFO as lights are spotted in the sky". Metro News. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- Korsgard, Ryan (2014-08-11). "Were there UFOs over Houston?". KPRC 2 News. Houston.
- cdunavent (October 8, 2014). "UFO sighted over Breckenridge". Breckenridge Colorado. Retrieved 2014-10-08.
- cdunavent (October 8, 2014). "UFO sighted over Iran". Iran. Retrieved 2014-11-11.
- ARS Technica (July 1, 2017). "Chilean officials can't identify a strange IR signal seen by its Navy".
- The New York Times (May 26, 2019). "'Wow, What Is That?' Navy Pilots Report Unexplained Flying Objects".
- "UFO sighted in Uttar Pradesh: Huge flying saucer caught hovering over Gorakhpur.' image captured on camera". International Business Times, India Edition.
- "Kanpur boy clicks pictures of a UFO, but it is a bit too perfect to be believed". The Indian Express. 26 June 2015.
- Sachin Jose (2015-11-30). "UFO sighted in Uttar Pradesh: Huge flying saucer caught hovering over Gorakhpur?". ibtimes.co.in/reporters/sachin-jose.
- Tyler Rogovent (April 26, 2019). "Tapes From That Oregon UFO Incident That Sent F-15s Scrambling".
- cdunavent (January 29, 2018). "NEW MASS SIGHTING: Large group of UFOs seen in three USA locations on same day".
- BBC (November 12, 2018). "UFOs spotted off Irish coast under investigation". BBC News.