List of alleged extraterrestrial beings
This is a list of alleged extraterrestrial beings that have been reported in close encounters, claimed or speculated to be associated with "Unidentified flying objects" (UFOs) (not to be confused with the meaning of the term 'alien species' in the biological science of ecology).
|Flatwoods monster||Tall humanoid with a spade-shaped head.|
|Greys||Grey-skinned humanoids, usually 3–4 feet tall, hairless, with large heads, black almond-shaped eyes, nostrils without a nose, slits for mouths, no ears and 3-4 fingers including thumb. Greys have been the predominant extraterrestrial beings of alleged alien contact since the 1960s.|
|Hopkinsville goblin||Small, greenish-silver humanoids.|
|Little green men||Diminutive green humanoids. Even though a few abduction or anal probe cases have referred to green skin, no report has ever involved anything that would fit the classic cultural stereotype of "Little Green Men". They are included here only for cultural reference.|
|Nordic aliens||Humanoids with stereotypical "Nordic features" (tall, blonde hair, blue eyes) and have featured in several cases of contact. It is said they are from Ancient Earth but presenting themselves as ETs in the past, they moved from living on the surface to live underground around the Himalayas area after a natural event.|
|Cryptozoological animals and cryptobotanical plants, including those from folklore, religion (e.g. golem), mythology (e.g. dwarf (see also dwarfism); giants from Atlantis (see also gigantism), etc.), and even some reports of ghosts, poltergeists, and time travellers (alleged)||Some people claim that many of the various allegedly real creatures from the Fortrean (see also: Fortean Times and William R. Corliss) archives and related reports on anomalous phenomena are actually of extraterrestrial origin or mixed origin: extraterrestrial hypothesis, interdimensional hypothesis, and cryptoterrestrial hypothesis. Often associated with the occult and esoteric, and linked with supernatural and paranormal happenings. Others dismiss these and explain them away via skeptical cultural tracking and via the psychosocial hypothesis as well as some of these being moneygrabbing hoaxes and scams to sell more newspapers or more fringe science books, often linked to boost commercial activities by means of local tourism-popularizing media spins.|
|Reptilians and Reptiloids (sometimes spelled as reptillians)
||Tall, scaly humanoids. Reptilian humanoid beings date back at least as far as Ancient Egypt, with the crocodile-headed river god Sobek. The Reptilian conspiracy theory has been advocated by David Icke.|
|Rods or Skyfish||Elongated visual artifacts appearing in photos and video recordings, sometimes claimed to be extraterrestrial beings. Generally thought to be caused by motion blur from flying insects.|
|Secret results of genetic engineering (alleged)
||Some have speculated that some reports of extraterrestrials are due to escaped creatures which are the result of secret government and/or corporate genetic engineering and hybridization projects (or even such genetic-engineering experiments being done by extraterrestrials, sometimes with cooperation from the military-industrial complex) or are due to encounters with normal people who exhibit heightened ESP, esoteric, occult, and siddhi powers and/or just possessing very high-level intelligence, and/or who are natural mutants/hybrids who are a genetic oddity (or with genetic syndrome deformities and/or congenital deformities) and are the result of evolutionary natural selection and sociocultural adaptation (see nature versus nurture), but are ostracized by mass society due to being different from most people, much in the way modern-day autists, genius polymaths, people who have experienced mystical psychosis and cosmic consciousness and ended up in mental wards due to 'weird' behavior according to most other people, and disabled people are treated.|
- List of alleged UFO-related extraterrestrials
- List of humanoid aliens
- Category:Alleged UFO-related entities
- Alien abduction
- Alien abduction entities
- MUFON (USA) and Kosmopoisk (Russia)
- UFO contactees
- Ancient astronauts
- Conspiracy theory
- List of conspiracy theories
- New World Order
- Extraterrestrial hypothesis
- Cryptoterrestrial hypothesis
- Interdimensional hypothesis
- List of occult terms
- Stage magic
- Horizontal evolution
- Genetic mutation
- Evolutionary biology
- List of fictional extraterrestrials (Some of the most popular ones are: Alien (creature in Alien franchise), Predator (film series), Prometheus, Prometheus (2012 film), Alien: Covenant, Alien vs. Predator (film), Borg (from Star Trek).)
- List of fictional alien species: A
- Template:Fictional biology
- Category:Lists of fictional alien species
- Lists of fictional species
- List of alien races in Marvel Comics
- List of alien races in DC Comics
- The Twilight Zone
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Babylon 5
- Battlestar Galactica
- Mass Effect
- Template:Science fiction
- https://easin.jrc.ec.europa.eu/easin/Documentation/FAQ ('Alien species – non-native organisms that become established in a new environment – are on the increase worldwide')
- Clark, Jerome (1999). "Flatwoods Monster". Unexplained!. Visible Ink Press. p. 426. ISBN 1-57859-070-1.
- Nickell, Joe (November 2000). "Investigative Files: The Flatwoods UFO Monster". Skeptical Inquirer. Amherst, NY, 14226, US: Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. 24 (6). ISSN 0194-6730. OCLC 4081591. Archived from the original on 2011-06-30. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
The 'monster' reportedly had a 'man-like shape' and stood some ten feet tall, although Barker (1953) noted that 'descriptions from the waist down are vague; most of the seven said this part of the figure was not under view.'CS1 maint: location (link)
- Bryan, C.D.B (1995). Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind. Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. ISBN 9780679429753.
- Blackmore, Susan (May 1998). "Abduction by Aliens or Sleep Paralysis?". Skeptical Inquirer. Amherst, NY, 14226, US: Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. 22 (3). ISSN 0194-6730. OCLC 4081591. Archived from the original on 2010-08-13. Retrieved 2015-06-02.
The '[G]ray' is about four feet high, with a slender body and neck, a large head, and huge, black, slanted, almond-shaped eyes. Grays usually have no hair and often only three fingers on each hand.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Musgrave, Beth (August 25, 2005). "Kelly Green Men get new venue". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved November 24, 2008.
- Nickell, Joe (November 2006). "Siege of 'Little Green Men': The 1955 Kelly, Kentucky, Incident". Skeptical Inquirer. Amherst, NY, 14226, US: Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. 30 (6). ISSN 0194-6730. OCLC 4081591. Archived from the original on 2013-11-04. Retrieved 2015-06-03.
[Green] was apparently later injected by the national media, although 'Lucky' Sutton's son now says his father described them as 'silver' with 'a greenish silver glow'...CS1 maint: location (link)
- Clark, Jerome (1999). "Little Green Men". Unexplained!. Visible Ink Press. p. 442. ISBN 1-57859-070-1.
- Carlson, Peter (February 19, 2004). "Ike and the Alien Ambassadors". Washington Post. Retrieved 2007-03-30.
- Delasara, Jan (2000). "The X-Files and the Zeitgeist of the '90s". PopLit, PopCult, and the X-Files. McFarland. p. 187. ISBN 0-7864-0789-1.
- Clark, Jerome (1999). "Space Brothers". Unexplained!. Visible Ink Press. p. 581. ISBN 1-57859-070-1.
- Bures, Frank (September 2001). "Aliens, Anomalies, and Absurbity at Mt. Adams". The Portland Mercury. Retrieved 2007-05-01.
- Ellwood, Robert S. (2000). "Adamski, George", American National Biography Online. Oxford University Press. Retrieved on November 24, 2008.
- "openseti.org". openseti.org. Archived from the original on 13 August 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- "Cosmic Disclosure". gaia.com. Retrieved 31 March 2018.
- http://theanomalist.com - a Journal of Anomalous Reports From Around the World
- Lewis, Tyson; Kahn, Richard (Spring 2005). "The Reptoid Hypothesis: Utopian and Dystopian Representational Motifs in David Icke's Alien Conspiracy Theory". Utopian Studies. University Park, PA, US: Penn State University Press [for the Society for Utopian Studies]. 16 (1): 45–75. ISSN 1045-991X. JSTOR 20718709.
Icke, ... is now today's most (in)famous proponent of what we are calling the 'Reptoid Hypothesis'—the idea that alien lizards conspiratorially control the Earth and with it human destiny.
- Carroll, Robert Todd (2003). "A Collection of Strange Beliefs, Amusing Deceptions, and Dangerous Delusions". Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- https://aliens.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_Species_Wiki (Alien Species Wiki is a website containing information on any alien creature ever imagined by mankind. From furballs to behemoths, from little green men to shades of blue, from mindless parasites to intergalactic empires. The wiki format allows anyone to freely add or edit content!)
- Malevolent Alien Abduction Research (MAAR): Alien Species
- UFO Casebook, SEARCH: Alien Races/Species
- Abducted: How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped by Aliens (2005)