List of ancient Chinese
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A general listing of existing lists related to this topic.
- First section in the list of Chinese authors
- List of Chinese people
- List of Confucianists
- List of Taoists
- Table of Chinese monarchs
People unclassified or not classified as ancient in those
Math and science
- Gan De
- Liu Hong (astronomer)
- Liu Hui
- Luo Xiahong
- Zhang Heng-Astronomer, mathematician, poet, official, and inventor.
- Zu Chongzhi-Noted for calculating Pi to seven places.
- Zu Geng
Philosophers outside Confucianism/Taoism
- Gongsun Longzi-Logicians
- Han Feizi-Legalism (philosophy)
- Li Si-Legalism
- Wang Chong-Rationalism, or possibly unclassifiable.
- Cao Zhi, poet of late Eastern Han
- Liu Xiang, reputed author of Zhan Guo Ce
- Qu Yuan, patriotic poet of Chu
- Sima Xiangru
- Song Yu, major writer of cifu
- Tao Qian, depicted "an idyllic pastoral life of farming and drinking."
- Lady Xu Mu, wrote poetry recalling her mission to gain military aid for the state of Wey during the Spring and Autumn period
- Zhuo Wenjun, poet during the Western Han