List of assault rifles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An assault rifle is a rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge, a detachable magazine, and can switch between semiautomatic/fully automatic fire. Assault rifles are currently the standard service rifles in most modern armies.
- It must be an individual weapon;
- It must be capable of selective fire, which means it has the capacity to switch between semiautomatic and burst/fully automatic fire;
- It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
- Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable box magazine;
- It should have an effective range of at least 300 metres (330 yards).
- List of firearms
- List of carbines
- List of grenade launchers
- List of machine guns
- List of multiple barrel firearms
- List of pistols
- List of revolvers
- List of semi-automatic rifles
- List of service rifles of national armies
- List of sniper rifles
- C. Taylor The fighting rifle – A complete study of the rifle in combat, ISBN 0-87947-308-8
- F.A. Moyer Special Forces foreign weapons handbook, ISBN 0-87364-009-8
- R.J. Scroggie, F.A. Moyer Special Forces combat firing techniques, ISBN 0-87364-010-1
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-07-15. Retrieved 2010-05-20.