List of assets owned by Microsoft Corporation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of assets owned by Microsoft Corporation.
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 343 Industries – Video game developer, successor to Halo series.
- Windows including Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Disk Operating System (MS-DOS)
- DirectX – Windows library for audio, user input, and 2D/3D graphics (software)
- Xbox – Game Console
- Microsoft Office System and Microsoft Works
- Microsoft Windows Server or Windows Server 2003
- MSN TV – Digital Cable TV Topbox
- Microsoft SLPS – Software licensing and protection services
- Virtual PC – PC virtualization software acquired from Connectix
- Microsoft SQL Server – Database server
- Microsoft Exchange Server – Email / groupware server
- Microsoft Biztalk Server – Middleware
- Microsoft Host Integration Server – Middleware
- Microsoft SharePoint – Collaboration software
- Microsoft SideWinder – Digital game controllers
- Microsoft Business Solutions – Collection of CRM, ERP, and BPM tools
- MSN – Internet service provider and online portal
- Mojang – Video game developer known for the popular game Minecraft
- Microsoft Word (now Microsoft Office Word) – Word processor
- Microsoft Zune – Digital music player
- Nokia – Phone company
- Skype – Free two way communication using camera and messaging and phone calls
- Rare – Video game development studio
- Turn 10 Studios – Video game development studio
- Havok – Video game physics engine
- CBS Interactive – Blogging platform
- Microsoft Studios – Video game development studio
This section's factual accuracy is disputed. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Since 1994, Microsoft has invested in about 140 companies worldwide, including:
- Menzes, Bill (April 1999). "Microsoft Joins @Home Solutions". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2008-10-31.[dead link]
- "Accel Partners". iWon. Archived from the original on 2006-05-26. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- Conlin, Robert (1999-09-27). "Microsoft Invests $15 Million in Akamai Technologies". ECT News Network. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "Ameranth Technology Systems Inc. Announces Investment by Microsoft". CBS Interactive. 2000-06-19. Archived from the original on 2012-07-11. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "AMERICAN CITY BUSINESS JOURNALS AND MICROSOFT ENTER INTO PARINERSHIP". Business Publisher. Dun and Bradstreet. 2001-02-15. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "Pfizer, IBM and Microsoft Collaborate to Launch Amicore Investment Company, a Software and Services Company, to Provide Office Automation Solutions to Physicians". Microsoft. 2009-10-10. Archived from the original on 2010-01-08. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- Kawamoto, Dawn; Ben Heskett; Mike Ricciuti (1997-08-06). "MR to invest $150 million in Apple". CNet. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "Ardent Communications Inc · S-1/A · On 3/16/99 · EX-10.24". SEC Filing. 1999-03-16. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "Form Of Shareholder Agreement". Tech Agreements. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- Microsoft Announces Investment in Telewest: Microsoft has acquired a minority stake in Telewest, a leading cable company in the United Kingdom, to accelerate the deployment of... Archived 2005-02-15 at the Wayback Machine.
- Microsoft collects little for Telewest call - CNET News