List of assets owned by The New York Times Company
(Redirected from List of assets owned by New York Times Company)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Business Units
- 2 Former assets
- 3 References
- 4 External links
- The New York Times
- The New York Times International Edition
- The New York Times International Weekly
- T: The New York Times Style Magazine
- The New York Times Book Review
- The New York Times Magazine
- The New York Times News Service & Syndicate
- Times Books
- T Brand Studio
- The New York Times Idea Lab
- Times Wine Club
- Times Film Club
- Times Journeys
- The New York Times Thought Leadership Conferences
- The New York Times Travel Show
- Live Read
- The School of The New York Times
- The New York Times Store
- Donohue Malbaie, Inc. (49%) with Abitibi-Consolidated
- The New York Times Building (58%) with Forest City Ratner Companies
Investment portfolio as of January 2017:
- Atlas Obscura
- Dynamic Yield
- Federated Media Publishing (FMP)
- The History Project
- Keep Holdings
Regional Media Group
- The Gadsden Times of Gadsden, Alabama
- The Tuscaloosa News of Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Petaluma Argus-Courier of Petaluma, California (weekly)
- The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa, California
- The Gainesville Sun of Gainesville, Florida
- The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune of Sarasota, Florida
- Star-Banner of Ocala, Florida
- The Courier of Houma, Louisiana
- The Daily Comet of Thibodaux, Louisiana
- The Dispatch of Lexington, North Carolina
- Times-News of Hendersonville, North Carolina
- The Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina
- Spartanburg Herald-Journal of Spartanburg, South Carolina
Broadcast Media Group
|AM Station||FM Station|
|City of license/Market||Station/
|Years owned||Current ownership|
|New York City||WQXR/WQEW 1560||1944-2007||WFME, owned by Family Radio|
|WQXR-FM 96.3||1944-2009||Owned by New York Public Radio|
|City of license / Market||Station||Channel
|Years owned||Current ownership status|
|Huntsville, Alabama||WHNT-TV||19 (19)||1980–2007||CBS affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group|
|Fort Smith - Fayetteville, Arkansas||KFSM-TV||5 (18)||1979–2007||CBS affiliate owned by Tegna Inc.|
|Moline, Illinois - Davenport, Iowa||WQAD-TV||8 (38)||1985–2007||ABC affiliate owned by Tegna Inc.|
|Des Moines, Iowa||WHO-TV||13 (13)||1996–2007||NBC affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group|
|Oklahoma City||KFOR-TV||4 (27)||1996–2007||NBC affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group|
|KAUT-TV||43 (19)||2005–2007||Independent station owned by Nexstar Media Group|
|Scranton - Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania||WNEP-TV||16 (50)||1985–2007||ABC affiliate owned by Tegna Inc.|
|Memphis, Tennessee||WREC/WREG-TV||3 (28)||1971–2007||CBS affiliate owned by Nexstar Media Group|
|Norfolk, Virginia||WTKR||3 (40)||1995–2007||CBS affiliate owned by the E. W. Scripps Company|
New England Media Group
- The Boston Globe of Boston, Massachusetts
- Telegram & Gazette of Worcester, Massachusetts
- Metro Boston LLC (49%)
The Globe and the other New England assets were sold to John Henry in August 2013, with the sale taking effect at the end of October. In 2014, Henry sold the Telegram & Gazette to another media group.
- Fenway Sports Group (17.75%, sold in 2012)
- About.com (sold in 2012)
- ConsumerSearch.com (bought by About.com on May 7, 2007 for US$33 million)
- Baseline StudioSystems (sold in 2011)
- "The New York Times Company: Company: Business Units". The New York Times Company. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Kafka, Peter (2016-10-24). "The New York Times is buying The Wirecutter for more than $30 million". Recode. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The New York Times Just Bought A Hot Marketing Company". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "The New York Times acquires design studio Fake Love - Design Week". Design Week. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "All the views that are fit to print". The Guardian. 2007-11-05. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "New York Times acquires Abuzz". CNET. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "Early Stage Investments | The New York Times Company". www.nytco.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Christine, Haughney (24 September 2012). "Times Company Completes Sale of About.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Team, The Deadline (2011-10-08). "NY Times Sells TV/Movie Database Baseline". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-02-21.