List of assets owned by The New York Times Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
New York Times Media Group
New York Times' marquee newspapers.
- The New York Times of New York City including The International New York Times of Paris, France
Investment portfolio as of March 2014:
- Atlas Obscura
- Dynamic Yield
- Federated Media Publishing (FMP)
- Keep Holdings
Regional Media Group
- The Gadsden Times of Gadsden, Alabama
- The Tuscaloosa News of Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Petaluma Argus-Courier of Petaluma, California (weekly)
- The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa, California
- The Gainesville Sun of Gainesville, Florida
- The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune of Sarasota, Florida
- Star-Banner of Ocala, Florida
- The Courier of Houma, Louisiana
- The Daily Comet of Thibodaux, Louisiana
- The Dispatch of Lexington, North Carolina
- Times-News of Hendersonville, North Carolina
- The Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina
- Spartanburg Herald-Journal of Spartanburg, South Carolina
Broadcast Media Group
- WQEW (1560 AM) licensed to New York, New York, sold to The Walt Disney Company and is now WFME, a Family Radio owned-and-operated station.
- WQXR (96.3 FM) licensed to New York, New York, sold to WNYC Foundation, moved to 105.9 FM and City of License changed to Newark, New Jersey.
- KFOR-TV Channel 4 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma sold to Local TV, LLC.
- KFSM-TV Channel 5 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, sold to Oak Hill Capital Partners
- WHO-TV Channel 13 in Des Moines, Iowa, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WHNT-TV Channel 19 in Huntsville, Alabama, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WNEP-TV Channel 16 in Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WQAD-TV Channel 8 in Moline-Rock Island, Illinois, Sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WREG-TV Channel 3 in Memphis, Tennessee, sold to Local TV, LLC.
- WTKR-TV Channel 3 in Norfolk, Virginia, sold to Local TV, LLC.
New England Media Group
- The Boston Globe of Boston, Massachusetts
- Telegram & Gazette of Worcester, Massachusetts
- Metro Boston LLC - 49%
The Globe and the other New England assets were sold to John Henry in August, 2013, with the sale taking effect at the end of October.
- Fenway Sports Group (17.75%, sold in 2012)
- About.com (sold in 2012)
- ConsumerSearch.com - bought by About.com on May 7, 2007 for US$33 Million.
- "The New York Times Company: Company: Business Units". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Early Stage Investments". The New York Times Company. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- Christine, Haughney (24 September 2012). "Times Company Completes Sale of About.com". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- "Business Units" at the New York Times Company website