List of assets owned by Viacom
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of major assets owned by Viacom, a subsidiary of National Amusements. Many of Viacom's former assets now belong owned by CBS Corporation as a result of the 2006 CBS-Viacom split.
- 1 Filmed Entertainment
- 2 Viacom Media Networks
- 3 Former assets
- 4 See also
- 5 References
Paramount Motion Picture Group
- Paramount Pictures
- Paramount Home Media Distribution
- BET Films
- Comedy Central Films
- MTV Films
- Nickelodeon Movies
- United International Pictures – 50/50 joint venture with Universal Studios
- Paramount Pictures International
- Paramount Studio Group – physical studio and post production
- The Studios at Paramount – production facilities & lot
- Paramount on Location – production support facilities throughout North America including New York, Vancouver, and Atlanta
- Worldwide Technical Operations – archives, restoration and preservation programs, the mastering and distribution fulfillment services, on-lot post production facilities management
- Paramount Licensing, Inc.
- Paramount Parks & Resorts – licensing and design for parks and resorts
- Rede Telecine (joint venture with Globosat, 20th Century Fox, MGM and Universal Pictures)
- Paramount Digital Entertainment
- Paramount Worldwide Television Licensing & Distribution
- CMT (Canada) (10%)
- CMT Music
- KVMM-CD (Tr3s O&O station)
- MTV Studios
- SnowGlobe Music Festival
- MTV Classic
- MTV Live
- MTV Tres
- Nick Jr.
- Nick Radio
- Nickelodeon Studios
- Nickelodeon Velocity
- Viacom International Studios
- Channel 5
- Paramount Channel
- Comedy Central Extra
- Paramount Comedy (Russia and Ukraine)
- Game One
- Porta dos Fundos (51%)
- Super! (50% with De Agostini)
- Viacom 18 (49% with Network 18)
- Rainbow S.r.l. (30%)
Advanced Marketing Solutions
- Viacom Velocity
Consumer Products, Recreation and Live Events
- Bellator MMA
- Pluto TV
- Viacom Digital Studios
- Viacom International Inc.
- Viacom/Nickelodeon Consumer Products
- Distribution rights to Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger - sold to Disney on July 2, 2013
- Distribution rights to the pre-2013 DreamWorks Animation film library - sold to DreamWorks Animation in July 2014 and currently owned by Universal Pictures
- DreamWorks SKG (also known as DW Studios, LLC and DW Pictures) - DreamWorks Pictures is now a division and label of Amblin Partners, while DreamWorks Animation became a subsidiary of the NBCUniversal unit of Comcast.
- Epix - Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer acquired Viacom's stake in the network in 2017
- Famous Music - in-house music publishing arm of Paramount Pictures, sold to Sony/ATV Music Publishing in 2007
- Famous Players - sold to Cineplex Galaxy in 2005
- GameTrailers - sold to Defy Media; later shut down and sold to IGN
- MTV Networks on Campus - acquired by Cheddar in May 2018 and used to launch CheddarU
- Neopets - acquired by JumpStart in 2014
- Paramount Parks
- Paramount Stations Group
- Pre-November 15, 1949 Paramount Pictures sound feature film library - now owned by EMKA Ltd. (NBCUniversal)
- RateMyProfessors.com - acquired by Cheddar in October 2018
- Rysher Entertainment - assets sold to 2929 Entertainment in 2001 and Qualia Capital in 2006; library currently distributed by Paramount and CBS Television Distribution
- Tempo - sold to Frederick Morton Jr. in 2007
- USA Networks - Viacom sold its stake in the company to Universal Pictures in 1997
Dormant or shuttered
Viacom Media Networks
- Atom.com - absorbed into Comedy Central
- The Box
- CMT Films
- Defy Media (7%)
- MTV Animation
- MTV Chi
- MTV Desi
- MTV K
- Nick Games and Sports for Kids
- Nickelodeon Magazine
- Nickelodeon on Sunset
- Nickelodeon Records
- VH1 Uno
- Viacom NEXT
Viacom International Media Networks
- DreamWorks Distribution, LLC - theatrical distribution arm of DreamWorks Pictures and DreamWorks Animation
- DW Funding LLC - library holder of live-action DreamWorks films
- Insurge Pictures
- Melange Pictures, LLC – library holder of Republic Pictures films
- Paramount Famous Productions
- Paramount Vantage
- Paramount Classics
- Screenlife Games
- "Divisions". paramount.com. Archived from the original on July 11, 2012. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 8, 2017). "Spike To Change Name & Become The Paramount Network In Viacom Rebranding". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Littleton, Cynthia; Holloway, Daniel (February 8, 2017). "Viacom to Rebrand Spike TV as Paramount Network". Variety. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Viacom International Media Networks Buys Majority Stake in Brazil's Porta dos Fundos". Variety.com.
- "RAINBOW ACQUIRES THE IVEN S.P.A. GROUP". Licensing Magazine.
- "Rainbow CGI". Rainbow CGI.
- "Witty Toys". License Global.
- "Publishing - Rainbow S.r.l." Rainbow S.r.l.
- "Rainbow MagicLand". Rainbow MagicLand.
- "Scuola di Animazione 3D Rainbow Academy". Rainbow Academy.
- "Viacom Acquires VidCon, Boosting Live Event and Digital Businesses". Viacom Corporate. 2018-02-07. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Finke, Nikki (July 2, 2013). "Disney Completes Purchase Of Marvel Home Entertainment Distribution Rights". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved July 2, 2013.
- Palmeri, Christopher (July 2, 2013). "Disney Buys Rights to Four Marvel Movies From Viacom's Paramount". Bloomberg.com. Archived from the original on April 21, 2014. Retrieved July 2, 2013.
- Chney, Alexandra (July 29, 2014). "DreamWorks Animation Q2 Earnings Fall Short of Estimates, SEC Investigation Revealed". Variety. Retrieved July 30, 2014.