List of women's association football players with 100 or more international goals
Association football at the professional level is a low scoring sport (see article Association football for more detail). An athlete in association football, or soccer in short, can score 100 goals in international matches by playing a forward position, maintaining a high-level of success in scoring for a long period of usually more than 10 years. This page lists the highly-accomplished top all-time female goal scorers in official international football matches for her country. The world governing body FIFA calls this elite group the Century Club.
For every soccer player, especially a player not playing in a forward position, a measure of her accomplishment is the number of times she played for her national team, which shows her value to the team as a competitor on the field. See Most capped international women footballers. The world governing body FIFA calls that elite group the Century Club.
The first player to reach 100 international goals was Italian Elisabetta Vignotto. Abby Wambach scored 100 goals in 9 years, while Christine Sinclair reached the milestone in just under 10 years. Most played exclusively in the forward position, with Kristine Lilly and Michelle Akers having also played as midfielder. All players scored at a high average rate of more than one goal every three matches. International goals in this list should not include goals scored in penalty-shoot-out; see Penalty shootout (association football). Players who are currently active at international level are indicated in bold type.
|Date of 100th
|1||Abby Wambach||Forward||United States||184||256||0.72||2001–2015||2009-07-20|
|2||Christine Sinclair||Forward/Attacking Midfielder||Canada||167||253||0.66||2000–||2010-02-20|
|3||Mia Hamm||Forward||United States||158||275||0.57||1987–2004||1998-09-18|
|4||Kristine Lilly||Forward/Midfielder||United States||130||352||0.36||1987–2010||2004-10-03|
|9||Sun Wen||Forward||China PR||106||152||0.69||1990–2006||unknown|
|10||Michelle Akers||Forward/Midfielder||United States||105||153||0.68||1985–2000||1999-01-30|
|12||Han Duan3||Forward||China PR||101||188||0.53||2000–2011||unknown|
|13||Portia Modise||Forward||South Africa||101||124||0.81||2000–2015||2014-10-18|
|15||Tiffeny Milbrett||Forward||United States||100||204||0.49||1991–2006||2005-7-10|
1 Vignotto reportedly scored 107, or 108 goals and her record was broken by Mia Hamm. FIFA indicates that she made 110 appearances. The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) website lists her record as 97 goals in 95 matchers.
3Han Duan reportedly scored her one hundredth goal on August 6, 2008 in China's opening match against Sweden at Beijing 2008 Olympics. Another source reported that she scored her goal 101 that day. FIFA Match Report shows that she scored only one goal in that match.
- Lisette Hilton (2004-08-30). "Feet of Gold". ESPN. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Abby Wambach Scores 100th Career Goal in Hometown As U.S. Women Defeats Canada 1-0". U.S.Soccer. Archived from the original on 2014-01-03.
- "Canada vs Poland - 2010-02-20". Canada Soccer.
- "soccer profile:Mia Hamm". soccertimes.com.
- "Lilly Scores 100th Career Goal as U.S. Downs New Zealand 5-0". U.S.Soccer. Archived from the original on 2013-11-05.
- "Germany Women 5-1 England Women". BBC SPORT.
- "JULIE FLEETING'S 100th INTERNATIONAL GOAL IN WIN AGAINST SLOVAKIA". Scottish Football Association.
- "Panico claims 100th Italy goal". uefa.com. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Akers Joins Century Club with 100th International Goal as U.S. Women's National Team Downs Portugal, 6-0". U.S.Soccer.
- "China celebrates opening victory". BBC SPORT.
- "China beats New Zealand Olympic women's soccer warm-up". chinadaily.com.cn.
- "Striker Ma may miss Olympics for injury". chinadaily.com.cn.
- "China PR: Fixtures and Results". FIFA.
- "Portia Modise: South Africa's centurion in numbers". fifa.com. 20 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "U.S. Women's National Team Earns 7-0 Win Against Ukraine; Tiffeny Milbrett earned her 100th's career goal". U.S.Soccer. Archived from the original on 2012-07-17.
- "Mia Hamm Set to Break All-time International Goal Scoring Mark". U.S.Soccer.
- "Fact Sheet: FIFA Century Club" (PDF). FIFA.com. 2011-02-09. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Classifica Marcatori". FIGC.it. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- Kevin Ashby (2011-07-05). "1997: Carolina Morace". UEFA.com. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "韩端百球 (Han Duan playing 100 ball)". 搜狐体育 (SOHU.com).
- "Olympic Football Tournaments Beijing 2008 - Women". FIFA.