List of attacks related to secondary schools
This is a list of attacks related to secondary schools that have occurred around the world. These are attacks that have occurred on school property or related primarily to school issues or events. A narrow definition of the word attacks is used for this list so as to exclude warfare, robberies, gang violence, public attacks (as in political protests), accidental shootings, and suicides and murder-suicides by rejected spouses or suitors. Incidents that involved only staff who work at the school have been classified as belonging at List of workplace killings. It also excludes events where no injuries take place, if an attack is foiled.
Secondary school incidents
|November 2, 1853||Louisville, Kentucky, United States||Matthew Ward||1||A student, Matthew Ward, went to school and shot and killed Schoolmaster Mr. Butler for excessively punishing his brother the day before. He was acquitted.|
|July 6, 1858||Baltimore, Maryland, United States||1||The 15yr old son of Col. John T. Farlow (Baltimore's Marshal of Police 1867-70), was shot to death during a Sabbath School gathering. The shooter escaped, but several arrests were made.|
|January 21, 1860||Todd County, Kentucky, United States||1||A son of Col. Elijah Sebree was shot dead by another student.|
|April 2, 1867||Madison, Florida, United States||Frank Pope||1||Frank Pope, a pupil at the St. John's seminary, shot and killed his teacher Mr. Bristow with a pistol.|
|February 1, 1872||Washington, Pennsylvania, United States||Thomas McGiffen||1||At the all-girls Union School, Thomas McGiffen, the 17-year-old son of Col. Norton McGiffin and brother of naval hero Philo McGiffin, shot and seriously wounded the principal, Prof. Wilson, because the professor refused to deliver a note to a young lady for him.|
|February 20, 1874||Agency, Montana, United States||Thomas Sguires, 20||1||After being ejected from school for disobedience, Thomas Sguires, 20 years old, returned to the school yard a day or two later, and fatally shot Prof. Hayes three times.|
|May 24, 1879||Lancaster, New York, United States||Frank Shugart||1||Frank Shugart, a telegraph operator, shot and severely injured Mr. Carr, superintendent of the stables at a girls' school.|
|January 21, 1882||Red Bud, Illinois, United States||James E. McBride, 17||1||After striking student James McBride in the face, teacher Robert Bailey was fatally wounded in a scuffle, in which the student stabbed him twice with a knife he was using to sharpen a pencil.|
|April 13, 1882||Huntsville, Texas, United States||G. W. Gray||1||G. W. Gray, a student at the Sam Houston Normal School, shot and wounded another student, M. J. Jordan. They were arguing over a comic valentine.|
|August 27, 1886||Charleston, West Virginia, United States||John Griffith, 15||1||After being reprimanded by his teacher, James Kiser, 15-year-old John Griffith, a student at a school in Jackson County, brought a knife and rocks to school the next morning. A struggle ensued in which student Griffith stabbed Kiser several times.|
|June 29, 1888||Dalby, Queensland, Australia||Peterson||1||A 12-year-old student named Peterson stabbed his teacher when he was chastised for chasing another boy with a knife.|
|March 26, 1893||Plain Dealing, Louisiana, United States||4||1||During an evening school dance at Plain Dealing High School, a fight broke out. Two youths were shot dead, two more were fatally wounded, and the high school's Professor Johnson was shot in the arm.|
|January 26, 1899||Albany, Missouri, United States||Charles Ayres||1||When he got whipped by his teacher T. B. Hunter, 13-year-old student Charles Ayres drew a jackknife and slashed the teacher's throat.|
|September 15, 1900||Kharkiv, Russian Empire||Iwanow||1 dead||1 injured||After failing an exam, gymnasium student Iwanow shot and killed principal Tschanowitsch with a revolver and also wounded a teacher named Horkiwicz, before surrendering to police.|
|April 28, 1902||Kingston, Ontario, Canada||Eric Sharp, 15||1 dead||Beatrice Holland, a 14-year-old student, is shot and killed by a fellow student at the Frontenac School. The shooter, 15-year-old Eric Sharp, fled the scene but later turned himself in to the police.|
|February 24, 1903||Inman, South Carolina, United States||Reuben Pitts||1 dead||Edward Foster, a 17-year-old student at Inman High school, was shot and fatally wounded by his teacher Reuben Pitts after he tried to resist punishment. Pitts said the student struck the pistol he drew in self-defense, and it fired. Pitts was acquitted of murder.|
|July 21, 1903||Jackson, Kentucky, United States||2 dead||1 injured||At the Cave Run School, James Barrett and Mack Howard fought a duel with pistols over a card game, killing each other. Another student James Vires, aged 12, suffered a wound while sitting at his desk.|
|April 6, 1904||Chicago, Illinois, United States||Henry Schaze||1 dead||Two students had been fighting over a girl for the better part of a year. Finally Henry Schaze pushed 16-year-old Paul Jelick to the ground and shot him dead.|
|November 16, 1904||Riverside, California, United States||2 dead||1 injured||At the Indian School, a gun fight broke out between pupils. Charles Colby was shot in the head, then returned fire, killing Tom Bucanoros and fatally wounding Fred Smith.|
|December 16, 1904||Magee, Mississippi, United States||E. E. Mangum||1 dead||1 injured||E. E. Mangum was shot through the head and killed by the principal of the high school, Professor J. E. Woodward after the student argued about punishment of his son and the argument became violent.|
|February 9, 1905||Colusa, California, United States||William Ingrim||2 injured||At the request of his childhood friend, Pearl Cruse, Elmer Hildreth a 17-year-old non-student, attended a meeting between Miss Cruse and her teacher which ended in "a hand to hand" encounter between teacher and pupil. Hildreth became involved in a physical confrontation with school trustee Ingrim, whom he shot. He was found to have acted in self-defense. Ingrim survived the shooting.|
|September 12, 1905||Athens, Tennessee, United States||Ernest Powers, 15||1 dead||15-year-old student Ernest Powers fatally stabbed his teacher Elbert Wattanbarger when he attempted to whip him for throwing stones.|
|March 10, 1910||Ione, California, United States||Albert Brown
|At the reform school, Preston School of Industry, students Albert Brown and Eugene Griffin tried to escape after stealing a revolver from the school. They shot at Captain William H. White who pursued them. No one was hurt, but the two boys were transferred to the state penitentiary.|
|September 23, 1912||Sankt Pölten, Austria||Rudolf Hlawat||1 dead||Rudolf Hlawat, a student at a gymnasium in St. Pölten, shot at his teacher, Prof. Schmidt, with a revolver. He also shot at the school janitor before shooting himself twice in the head. Hlawat died in hospital, the only casualty.|
|October 9, 1913||Szeged, Hungary||Johann Skultety, 14||1 dead||After he had been reprimanded by his teacher, Prof. Horvarth, for missing classes, Johann Skultety, a gymnasium student in Szeged, barged into the classroom and fired with a revolver at the teacher, missing him. He committed suicide by shooting himself in the heart.|
|April 12, 1919||Ogden City, Utah, United States||1 injured||During a high school assembly, six boys shot off their guns, with permission, thinking they were loaded with blanks. Teacher Miss Verna Davidson was shot in the foot.|
|February 14, 1920||Durant, Oklahoma, United States||1 injured||At the Durant Normal School, teacher Albert McFarland, was shot and seriously wounded by one of his pupils.|
|March 4, 1920||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States||Lawrence Angel, 14||1 injured||Student, Lawrence Angel, 14 years old, shot his teacher Beatrice Conner through the arm for sending him to the principal's office.|
|March 12, 1920||Newberry, South Carolina, United States||William Scott||1 injured||William Scott, a student at the Helena Colored School, shot Henry Gray, another student.|
|May 1, 1920||Summerville, Georgia, United States||Alexander Potter, 15||At the High School, student Alexander Potter, 15 years old, fired six shots at his teacher, Prof. Ransom, but missed, upset after a severe thrashing. Potter was sentenced to 6 years at a reform school.|
|November 4, 1920||Middlesboro, Kentucky, United States||Adolphus Oaks||1 dead||Prof. Barnes of Middlesboro high school was fatally shot by Adolphus Oaks, for whipping his sister the week before. Oaks went to jail.|
|May 6, 1925||Wilno, Poland||Two to three students||5+ dead||~10 injured||Wilno school massacre. A massacre occurred at Joachim Lelewel high school in Wilno, Poland. At about 11 a.m., during the final exams, at least two eighth-grade students attacked the board of examiners with revolvers and hand grenades, killing at least one teacher, several students and themselves.|
|May 18, 1927||Bath, Michigan, United States||Andrew Kehoe, 55||45||58||Bath School disaster. School board member Andrew Kehoe set up a series of explosions in the Bath Consolidated School. Before blowing up the school, Kehoe murdered his wife and set fire to his farmhouse. Kehoe detonated his shrapnel-filled vehicle outside the school, committing suicide and wounding others. The bombings constituted the deadliest act of mass murder in any type of school setting in U.S. history.|
|March 5, 1931||Pristina, Yugoslavia||1 injured||A student named Ismailovic shot and stabbed his teacher several times at a gymnasium in Pristina after he had been expelled due to low grades. Ismailovic was later arrested at a cemetery when he tried to hang himself.|
|September 14, 1934||Gill, Massachusetts, United States||1 dead||Headmaster Elliott Speer was murdered by a shotgun blast through the window of his study at Northfield Mount Hermon School. The crime was never solved.|
|September 24, 1937||Toledo, Ohio, United States||Robert Snyder, 12||2 injured||12-year-old Robert Snyder shot and wounded his principal, June Mapes, in her office at Arlington public school when she declined his request to call a classmate. He later shot and wounded himself but survived.|
|June 24, 1939||Tirpan, Bulgaria||..., 15||4 dead||A 15-year-old student killed three teachers with a revolver at a school in Tirpan, southern Bulgaria after being expelled. The boy, who had already been expelled from three other schools during the year for bad behaviour, afterwards committed suicide.|
|May 6, 1940||South Pasadena, California, United States||Verlin Spencer, 38||5 dead||2 injured||After being removed as principal of South Pasadena Junior High School, Verlin Spencer shot six school officials, killing five, before attempting to commit suicide by shooting himself in the stomach. He was sentenced to five consecutive life sentences, and was released early on parole in 1970.|
|May 23, 1940||New York City, New York, United States||Matthew Gillespie, 62||1 injured||Infuriated by a grievance, Matthew Gillespie, 62-year-old janitor at the junior school of the Dwight School for Girls, shot and critically wounded Mrs. Marshall Coxe, secretary of the junior school.|
|October 2, 1942||New York City, New York, United States||Joseph Annunziata, 19
Neil Simonelli, 16
|1 dead||Joseph Annunziata and Neil Simonelli shot and killed teacher Irwin Goodman at William J. Gaynor Junior High School after he had caught them smoking in a wash room. Neither Annunziata nor Simonelli was a student at the school.|
|May 28, 1943||Brownsville, Pennsylvania, United States||Thomas Celestine, 16||1 dead||16-year-old Ettra Cimagha is stabbed to death by 16-year-old Thomas Celestine during a fight at Brownsville Junior High School.|
|June 26, 1946||New York City, New York, United States||1 injured||A 15-year-old student who balked at turning over his pocket money to a gang of seven youths was shot in the chest at Public School 147 annex of the Brooklyn High School for Automotive Trades.|
|June 6, 1947||King William, Virginia, United States||Robert Edward Lee, 20||1 dead||17-year-old Linwood Johnson Regensburg was stabbed to death by 20-year-old Robert Edward Lee at a dance held at King William High School. Neither Regensburg nor Lee was a student at the school.|
|July 22, 1950||New York City, New York, United States||1 injured||A 16-year-old boy was shot in the wrist and abdomen at the Public School 141 dance during an argument with a former classmate.|
|January 24, 1951||Alton, Illinois, United States||..., 17||1 dead||Henry Suhre, 61, quartermaster at Western Military Academy was shot to death in the cadet store on campus. A 17-year-old cadet was arrested.|
|March 12, 1951||Union Mills, North Carolina, United States||Billy Ray Powell, 16,
Hugh Justice, 19
|1 dead||Professor W. E. Sweatt, superintendent and teacher at the Alexander School, was shot to death by students Billy Ray Powell, 16, and Hugh Justice, 19. The assailants had been reprimanded by Sweatt, and accosted him outside his office.|
|June 4, 1951||New York City, New York, United States||1 dead||Carl Arch, a 50-year-old intruder to a girls' gym class, was shot and killed by a police officer at Manhattan's Central Commercial High School.|
|November 27, 1951||New York City, New York, United States||1 dead||David Brooks, a 15-year-old student, was fatally shot as fellow pupils looked on in a grade school.|
|April 9, 1952||New York City, New York, United States||..., 15||1 injured||A 15-year-old boarding school student shot a dean rather than relinquish pin-up pictures of girls in bathing suits.|
|December 8, 1953||Aledo, Illinois, United States||James Gipson, 17||1 dead||26-year-old track coach George Marich was stabbed to death by 17-year-old student James Gipson in a hallway of Aledo High School. The stabbing occurred after Marich had removed Gipson and two other seniors from a study hall for creating a disturbance.|
|April 17, 1956||New York City, New York, United States||Randolph Lawrence, 16||1 dead||18-year-old Henry Smith, a student at a Bronx vocational high school, is stabbed to death by 16-year-old Randolph Lawrence, a fellow student. The stabbing was reportedly over a dispute about a basketball game.|
|May 4, 1956||Prince George's County, Maryland,
|Billy Ray Prevatte, 15||1 dead||2 injured||15-year-old student Billy Prevatte fatally shot one teacher and injured two other persons at Maryland Park Junior High School in Prince George's County after he had been suspended from the school.|
|October 20, 1956||New York City, New York, United States||1 injured||A Booker T. Washington Junior High School student was wounded in the forearm by another student armed with a home-made weapon.|
|October 2, 1957||New York City, New York, United States||1 injured||A 16-year-old student was shot in the leg by a 15-year-old classmate at a city high school.|
|March 4, 1958||New York City, New York, United States||1 injured||A 17-year-old student shot a boy in the Manual Training High School.|
|May 1, 1958||Massapequa, New York, United States||Bruce Zator, 15||1 dead||15-year-old freshman Timothy Wall is shot to death by classmate Bruce Zator in a washroom of Massapequa High School.|
|March 16, 1959||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada||Stan Williamson, 19||1 dead||5 injured||19-year-old Stan Williamson opened fire with a rifle inside Ross Sheppard High School, killing 16-year-old Howard Gates and wounding five teenage girls. Three 18-year-old students tackled him and held the gunman down until he could be arrested by police.|
|March 30, 1960||Alice, Texas, United States||Donna Dvorak, 14||1 dead||Donna Dvorak, 14, brought a target pistol to Dubose Junior High School, and fatally shot Bobby Whitford, 15, in their 9th grade science class. Dvorak believed Whitford posed a threat to one of her girlfriends.|
|March 4, 1961||Kungälv, Sweden||Ove Conry Andersson, 17||1 dead||6 injured||Kungälv school shooting. A 17-year-old student fired fifteen bullets into a crowd at a school dance at Kungälvs Läroverk (a/k/a Thorildskolan), killing one student and wounding six others before escaping. He turned himself in to local police the following morning and was arrested.|
|October 17, 1961||Denver, Colorado, United States||Tennyson Beard, 14||1 dead||1 injured||Tennyson Beard, 14, got into an argument with William Hachmeister, 15, at Morey Junior High School. During the argument Beard pulled out a revolver and shot at Hachmeister, wounding him. Deborah Faith Humphrey, 14, was fatally wounded by another shot. Beard was arrested after fleeing the school.|
|January 26, 1962||Taipei, Taiwan||Tsui Yin, 41||7 dead||3 injured||Tsui Yin, a 41-year-old former physical education teacher at Li Shing junior high school in Taipei, shot and killed the principal, the principal's wife and five other faculty members with a pistol, in revenge for his dismissal. He wounded three others, among them the principal's daughter, before escaping in a taxi. He was arrested and sentenced to death.|
|April 27, 1966||Bay Shore, New York, United States||James Arthur Frampton, 16||1 dead||Teacher John S. Lane, 48, was shot and fatally wounded when he tried to stop 16-year-old student James Arthur Frampton, who was walking with a shotgun in the high school, seeking students with whom he had argued. Lane died of his wounds on June 13, 1966.|
|October 5, 1966||Grand Rapids, Minnesota, United States||David M. Black Jr., 15||1 dead||1 injured||David Black, a 15-year-old student at Grand Rapids High School, took a pistol to school, shooting student Kevin Roth and administrator Forrest L. Willey, with whom he had argued. Willey died of his wound eight days later.|
|September 26, 1967||Dayton, Ohio, United States||Will Edward Dixon, 19||1 dead||Thomas Prinz, a 21-year-old football coach at Wilbur Wright High School, was stabbed to death by 19-year-old Will Edward Dixon. The stabbing occurred when Prinz attempted to escort Dixon off the playing field. Dixon was a former student and drop-out from the school.|
|November 1, 1967||Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom||Robert Mone, 19||1 dead||19-year-old soldier Robert Mone entered St John's RC High School armed with a shotgun and took a class hostage. He sexually abused the children. The teacher, Nanette Hanson, convinced Mone, who had already raped one girl, to let the children go. Mone fatally shot her in the head. Mone had been expelled three years before and was apparently seeking revenge; he was found to be insane and sent to the State Hospital in Carstairs.|
|January 30, 1968||Miami, Florida, United States||Blanche Patricia Ward, 16||1 dead||16-year-old Blanche Ward shot and killed fellow student Linda Lipscomb, 16, with a pistol at Miami Jackson High School. According to Ward, she was threatened with a razor by Lipscomb during an argument and in the ensuing struggle her gun went off.|
|March 25, 1968||High Point, North Carolina, United States||Gerald Locklear, 16||1 dead||David Walker, 15, was shot to death just outside Central High School by Gerald Locklear, 16.|
|May 22, 1968||Miami, Florida, United States||Ernest Lee Grissom, 15||2 injured||Ernest Lee Grissom, a 15-year-old student at Drew Junior High School, shot and seriously wounded a teacher and a 13-year-old student after he had been reprimanded for a disturbance.|
|January 23, 1969||Washington, District of Columbia, United States||Ronald Joyner, 18||1 dead||Cardozo Senior High School assistant principal Herman Clifford, 45, was shot to death in the hallway by Ronald Joyner, 18, while scuffling with three youths who robbed the school's bank.|
|November 19, 1969||Tomah, Wisconsin, United States||..., 14||1 dead||Principal Martin Mogensen is shot to death in his office by a 14-year-old boy armed with a shotgun.|
|January 5, 1970||Washington, District of Columbia, United States||Unnamed student||1 dead||1 injured||Tyrone Perry, 15, was shot to death and a 14-year-old boy was wounded at Hine Junior High School.|
|February 1, 1971||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States||Kevin Simmons, 14||1 dead||Samson L. Freedman, a 56-year-old art teacher, was shot to death by Kevin Simmons at Leeds Junior High School, after having the student suspended for cursing.|
|November 3, 1971||Carlsbad, New Mexico,
|Michael O'Hearn, 22||1 dead||1 injured||Michael O'Hearn barricaded himself in a storage tower of Carlsbad Mid-High School, in Carlsbad, New Mexico, for about two hours with two firearms. He fired about two dozen rounds at police officers, injuring one, before committing suicide.|
|January 24, 1972||Stow, Ohio, United States||1 injured||A 16-year-old student at Stow High School shot and wounded his chemistry teacher during an argument.|
|January 7–12, 1973||Balassagyarmat, Hungary||András Pintye, 18 and László Pintye, 17||1 dead||Several hostages required medical attention||Brothers András and László Pintye, sons of local Communist Party officials, have acquired a PA-63 pistol and an AMD assault rifle and assaulted a local girls' dormitory. They held an unknown number of teenage girls hostage for several days, demanding free passage to Budapest's international airport and a flight to Austria. Finally, when they planned to murder some of the hostages, a police sniper shot András dead through the window, then the police stormed the building, arresting László. He was sentenced to 15 years of prison, from which he was released in 1984, serving a little more than 11 years. Four other persons were sentenced for aiding the perpetrators. The case deeply traumatized Hungary which has never seen such events before. A feature film titled Túsztörténet (Hostage Story) was made about the events in 1989.[better source needed]|
|February 26, 1973||Richmond, Virginia, United States||1 dead||Wayne Phillips, 17, was shot to death when he was caught between two youths who were fighting in the hallway of Armstrong High School.|
|July 1973||In the attack on St Alberts School, Zimbabwe African National Liberation Army (ZANLA) cadres captured 292 pupils and staff from the school and force-marched them north towards Mozambique, where the ZANLA bases were. The march was intercepted by the Rhodesian Security Forces before the cadres crossed the border, and all but eight of the children and staff were recovered.|
|February 2, 1974||San Luca, Italy||1 dead||A student shot and killed his teacher, Silvio Strangio, after he had been reprimanded for distracting his classmates.|
|March 22, 1974||Brownstown, Indiana, United States||1 dead||Jessie Blevins, 48, athletic director at Brownstown Central High School, was shot to death in the school parking lot by a 17-year-old student.|
|December 30, 1974||Olean, New York, United States||Anthony Barbaro, 17||3 dead||11 injured||Olean High School shooting. 17-year-old student Anthony Barbaro indiscriminately shot at people on the street from windows at the third floor of the school building. He killed three people and wounded 11 before police managed to subdue him.|
|March 18, 1975||St. Louis, Missouri, United States||1 dead||16-year-old Stephen Goods, a bystander, is shot and killed during a fight between other teens at Sumner High School.|
|May 28, 1975||Brampton, Ontario, Canada||Michael Slobodian, 16||3 dead||13 injured||Centennial Secondary School shooting. Michael Slobodian, 16, killed a teacher and student and wounded 13 others at Brampton Centennial Secondary School in Brampton, Ontario, before fatally shooting himself.|
|September 11, 1975||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States||James Briggs, 15||1 dead||5 injured||Grant High School student Randy Truitt was shot and killed by James Briggs at the school, who also wounded several others.|
|October 27, 1975||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada||Robert Poulin, 18||3 dead||5 injured||St. Pius X High School shooting. 18-year-old Robert Poulin opened fire on his class with a shotgun at St. Pius X High School, killing one and wounding five before turning the gun on himself. Poulin had raped and stabbed his 17-year-old friend Kim Rabot to death prior to the shooting.|
|February 12, 1976||Detroit, Michigan, United States||5 injured||Intruders shot five Murray-Wright High School students after an apparent dispute over one of the intruder's girlfriends.|
|April 7, 1977||Whitharral, Texas, United States||Ricardo Lopez, 17||1 dead||High School principal M. O. Tripp was shot to death on the front steps of the school by Ricardo Lopez, 17.|
|December 12, 1977||Winter Garden, Florida, United States||Roosevelt Holloman, 41||1 dead||During an after-school meeting at West Orange High School to discuss his illegal advances toward a 16-year-old girl, 41-year-old assistant principal Roosevelt Holloman pulled out a gun and shot principal Raymond Screws, 51, to death. Holloman also shot at two other school officials but missed. Holloman surrendered his gun to a janitor and waited until being arrested. He was later convicted of first-degree murder.|
|January 4, 1978||New York City, New York, United States||Everton Lazarus, 16||1 dead||Michael Kittrell, 15, was stabbed to death by another student at John Adams High School.|
|February 22, 1978||Lansing, Michigan, United States||Roger Needham, 15||1 dead||1 injured||Roger Needham, a 15-year-old student, shot two students at Everett High School. One of the students, 15-year-old Bill Draher, died of his gunshot wound.|
|May 18, 1978||Austin, Texas, United States||John Daniel Christian, 13||1 dead||13-year-old honor student John Christian, son of former LBJ press secretary George Christian, fatally shot his teacher, 29-year-old Rod Grayson, three times at Murchison Junior High School. Christian fled the school building and was subdued by gym coach Larry Schirpik. Christian's attorney, Roy Minton, argued Christian was not guilty by reason of insanity, and district attorney Ronnie Earle did not object. The case did not go to trial. Christian was treated for two years at a private mental health facility in Dallas paid for by his family.|
|October 1978||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada||Vaughan Pollen, 17||1 dead||A 16-year-old student, Kenneth Maitland, was shot to death with a shotgun by 17-year-old student, Vaughan Pollen, at Sturgeon Creek Regional Secondary School. Pollen was charged with murder but during the trial found unfit to stand trial by reason of a mental disorder. He was committed to a mental health facility for treatment of paranoid schizophrenia and treated for 7 years.|
|January 29, 1979||San Diego, California, United States||Brenda Spencer||2 dead||9 injured||A 16-year-old student, Brenda Spencer, began shooting from her home at children who were waiting outside Cleveland Elementary School for principal Burton Wragg (aged 53) to open the gates. She injured eight children. Wragg was killed while trying to help the children. Custodian Mike Suchar (aged 56) was killed while trying to pull a student to safety. Asked by a reporter why she committed the crime, Spencer is said to have replied "I Don't Like Mondays"|
|January 7, 1980||Stamps, Arkansas, United States||Evan Hampton, 16||1 dead||Evan Hampton, 16, high school freshman student at Stamps High School, shot Mike Sanders, 19, twice in the chest and once in the temple, killing him instantly. He was arrested.|
|October 31, 1980||Hueytown, Alabama, United States||Rudy Farmer, 17||1 injured||17-year-old Rudy Farmer pulled out a pistol and shot a fellow student in the art room at Hueytown High School. That student was wounded. Farmer fatally shot himself.|
|October 2, 1981||Greenville, South Carolina, United States||Jewel Loraine Garrett, 18||1 dead||Henry Chiariello, a 30-year-old social studies teacher, was stabbed to death at Greenville High School by 18-year-old student Jewel Garrett. Garrett was later sentenced to life in prison.|
|January 12, 1982||Miami, Florida, United States||Steven Wayne Holmes, 15||1 dead||Francisco Walker, 24, a sixth-grade teacher at Edison Middle School, was stabbed to death by a teenaged trespasser, 15-year-old Steven Wayne Holmes. He was later arrested and charged with first degree murder.|
|March 19, 1982||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Pat Lizotte, 17||1 dead||3 injured||Clarence Piggott, a 55-year-old psychology and sociology teacher, was shot to death and two students were wounded by a high school senior. The student was later shot and wounded by police before arrest. Lizotte is sentenced to two consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole. However, he was granted parole on March 6, 2017 after a Nevada law banning life without parole for juveniles reduced his sentence to 20 years to life.|
|April 7, 1982||Littleton, Colorado, United States||Jason Rocha, 14||1 dead||Jason Rocha, a 14-year-old student, shot and killed 13 year-old Scott Darwin Michael, a fellow student at Deer Creek Middle School in Littleton, Colorado. Rocha was charged as an adult and sentenced to 12-years in prison for the murder.|
|January 20, 1983||St. Louis County, Missouri, United States||David F. Lawler, 14||2 dead||1 injured||14-year-old David F. Lawler took two family pistols to school and shot two classmates, killing one and injuring the other. He then committed suicide. See Parkway South Junior High School killings for more information.|
|May 16, 1983||Dallas, Texas, United States||Billy Conn Gardner||1 dead||Billy Conn Gardner, a friend of a food service worker's husband, robbed the Lake Highlands High School cafeteria at gunpoint, shot the food service director, and left with $1,600. The food service director, Thelma Row, died eleven days later from the injuries. Gardner was later apprehended, convicted, and sentenced to death for the crime. The State of Texas executed him on February 16, 1995.|
|June 3, 1983||Eppstein-Vockenhausen, Germany||Karel Charva, 34||6 dead||14 injured||Eppstein school shooting. Thirty-five-year-old Czech refugee Karel Charva, fatally shot three students, a teacher and a police officer, and injured another 14 people with two semi-automatic pistols, before committing suicide at the Freiherr-vom-Stein Gesamtschule.|
|December 16, 1983||Rockford, Illinois, United States||Michael Graham, 15||1 injured||Michael Graham, a 15-year-old student at Boylan Central Catholic High School, shot and wounded his German teacher, Sharon Mundt, who had disciplined him for misbehavior.|
|March 13, 1984||Castres, France||2 dead||A 15-year-old student killed his teacher, who had sent him to the headmaster for being late, and shot himself in the head. He died on the way to the hospital.|
|January 21, 1985||Goddard, Kansas, United States,||James Kearbey, 14||1 dead||3 injured||14-year-old James Kearbey, a student at Goddard Middle School, had a rifle and handgun that he used to fatally shoot his principal and wound three teachers.|
|March 29, 1985||Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States||A 15 year old freshman held four students hostage at Paul M. Dorman High School, after being accused of drinking and returning to the school with a loaded .36 revolver.|
|October 18, 1985||Detroit, Michigan, United States||6 injured||During halftime of the homecoming football game between Northwestern and Murray-Wright high schools, a boy who had been in a fight earlier that day retaliated with a shotgun, wounding six students.|
|December 3, 1985||Concord, New Hampshire, United States||Louis Cartier, 16||1 dead||At Concord High School, Louis "Louie" Cartier, a 16-year-old male dropout, entered the school with a shotgun and took two students hostage. Responding officers fatally shot him as he aimed as a teacher.|
|December 10, 1985||Portland, Connecticut, United States||Floyd Warmsley, 13||1 dead||2 injured||13-year-old student Floyd Warmsley fatally shot a school custodian, wounded both the principal and school secretary, and held a student hostage with an assault pistol at Portland Junior High School in Portland, Connecticut after he had been suspended for a minor issue. His aunt convinced him to surrender.|
|March 6, 1986||Dolton, Illinois, United States||..., 14||1 injured||A 14-year-old student shot and wounded his math teacher at Thornridge High School.|
|October 8, 1986||Dallas, Texas, United States||Kenneth Lee Jackson, 19||1 dead||16-year-old Cody Cobbins was shot and killed on a school bus by the older brother of a 17-year-old boy he was arguing with over a seat.|
|December 4, 1986||Lewistown, Montana, United States||Kristopher Hans, 14||1 dead||3 injured||14-year-old Kristofer Hans, angry over a failing grade, shot and killed a substitute teacher, later wounding a vice principal and two students, he is now serving two life sentences in prison.|
|March 2, 1987||De Kalb, Missouri, United States||Nathan Ferris, 12||2 dead||After constant teasing about his weight, Nathan Ferris used a pistol to kill a student who bullied him in class. Ferris then killed himself with the gun.|
|April 16, 1987||Detroit, Michigan, United States||1 dead||3 injured||A ninth-grade Murray Wright High School student killed Chester Jackson, 17, and wounded Damon Matthews, 17, and Tomeka Turner, 18.|
|September 28, 1987||Lansing, Illinois, United States||Blake Docter, 16||1 injured||After being kicked off the soccer team for smoking on school grounds, Illiana Christian High School student Blake Docter, 16, shot and wounded John Hoogewerf, the teacher who had caught him smoking.|
|January 1988||Higham Ferrers, United Kingdom||Darren Lloyd Fowler, 15–16||4 injured||Three months after he was expelled, Darren Lloyd Fletcher returned to his former school, shooting two teachers and two pupils before he was overpowered by staff.|
|February 11, 1988||Pinellas Park, Florida, United States||Jason Edward Harless, 15
Jason McCoy, 15
|1 dead||3 injured||Pinellas Park High School shooting. Students Jason Harless and Jason McCoy, both students, brought stolen guns to school, where they killed principal Richard Allen and injured an assistant principal and an assistant physical education teacher. Harless was shot and wounded by police and McCoy was arrested without injury. Both served prison terms.|
|November 22, 1988||Abilene, Texas, United States||Mason Staggs, 16||1 injured||Mason Staggs, 16, shot Cooper High School teacher Rick Maloney in the face with a derringer, severely injuring him. Staggs then left the school and went fishing.|
|December 16, 1988||Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States||Nicholas Elliott, 16||1 dead||1 injured||Nicholas Elliott came to Atlantic Shores Christian School with a firearm bought by an adult relative. He shot two teachers, one fatally, before entering a portable classroom full of students. The gun jammed and Elliott was tackled. Elliott complained of being teased and bullied, Elliott was later sentenced to life in prison in 1989.|
|January 24, 1989||Rauma, Finland||Tero Toivola, 14||2 dead||Raumanmeri school shooting. Two students, Kristian Johtela, 15 and Juha Suominen, 14 were fatally shot by a 14-year-old student Tero Toivola at the Raumanmeri secondary school, in Rauma, Finland. The shooter had claimed to be a victim of bullying.|
|May 20, 1990||Centerville, Tennessee, United States||Donald Wayne Givens, 50||1 dead||High School Principal Ron Wallace, 41, was shot by Science teacher Donald Wayne Givens, 50 when Givens was caught by Wallace attempting to set fire to several areas of the high school two days before graduation ceremonies were scheduled.|
|August 26, 1990||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Curtis Collins, 15||1 dead||Curtis Collins, a sophomore at Eldorado High School, shot and killed 16-year-old Donnie Lee Bolden inside the school cafeteria. Police said that the shooting was gang-related.|
|September 21, 1990||Houston, Texas, United States||..., 16||1 dead||A 16-year-old girl fatally stabbed her classmate, 18-year-old Anthony Johnson, in the upper back with a hunting knife in a classroom at Jesse H. Jones High School, in Houston, Texas; Johnson later died at Ben Taub Hospital. The suspect was then placed in the Harris County Juvenile Probation Department. It was reported that the possible motive was the victim making an insulting comment about the suspect's clothing.|
|April 10, 1991||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom||Barbara Glover, 16||1 dead||16-year-old Diane Watson is stabbed to death by 16-year-old Barbara Glover at Whitehill Secondary School in the Dennistoun area of Glasgow. Both Watson and Glover were students at the school.|
|April 23, 1991||Compton, California, United States||1 dead||A teenager aimed and fired a handgun at a security guard who had chased him and three friends off the grounds of Ralph J. Bunche Middle School. However, instead of hitting his intended target, the bullet struck 11-year-old bystander Alejandro Vargas, a student at the school, killing him.|
|May 9, 1991||Reserve, Louisiana, United States||Brenda Carter, 16||1 dead||19-year-old senior Debbie Morantes is stabbed to death by 16-year-old sophomore Brenda Carter inside the cafeteria of East St. John High School. Brenda Carter was convicted of second-degree murder two years later.|
|June 19, 1991||Coffs Harbour, Australia||...,13||A student brought a rifle to Orara High School injuring 2 teachers and 1 student. The shooter was tackled to the ground by fellow students.|
|September 30, 1991||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States||Edward C. Ector, 15||1 dead||17-year-old Bertram Bowman is stabbed to death in the cafeteria of Arlington High School, reportedly in a dispute over a girl. Police arrested 15-year-old Edward C. Ector after the attack.|
|October 9, 1991||New York City, New York, United States||1 dead||17-year-old Tryon Whittaker was shot to death by another youth outside of James Monroe High School in The Bronx. The boys had reportedly got into an argument and Whittaker challenged the other youth to a fight. The youth then walked away but returned with a gun and shot Whittaker.|
|November 14, 1991||Houston, Texas, United States||..., 16||1 injured||18-year-old Francisco Contreras was shot four times in his feet and leg outside the cafeteria of Milby High School, in Houston, Texas, by a 16-year-old student, who was arrested afterward.|
|November 25, 1991||New York City, New York, United States||Jason Bentley, 14||1 dead||Thomas Jefferson High School A stray bullet kills a 16-year-old student during an argument between two other teens. Shooter Jason Bentley, 14, is sentenced in 1992 to three to nine years in prison.|
|February 26, 1992||New York City, New York, United States||Kahlil Sumpter, 15||2 dead||Thomas Jefferson High School was the scene of its second shooting of the school year, when a 15-year-old shot and killed two other students. The shooter, Kahlil Sumpter, is sentenced in 1993 to between 6 2/3 and 20 years in prison and is released in 1998.|
|May 1, 1992||Olivehurst, California, United States||Eric Houston, 20||4 dead||10 injured||Lindhurst High School shooting. Armed with a pistol, 20-year-old Eric Houston took hostages at his former high school, killing four people and wounding 10. His motive was his inability to find a good job because he had failed a grade at school. He was given the death penalty for the shooting.|
|May 14, 1992||Napa, California, United States||John McMahan, 14||2 injured||Armed with a .357-caliber pistol, 14-year-old student John McMahan opened fire in a science classroom, wounding two.|
|September 11, 1992||Amarillo, Texas, United States||Randy Earl Matthews, 17; ..., 15||6 injured||Six students were shot at Palo Duro High School, all survived the shooting. Police later arrested 17-year-old Randy Earl Matthews and an unidentified 15-year-old boy in connection with the shooting.|
|September 21, 1992||New York City, New York, United States||Michael Bubb, 15||1 dead||Damion Ennis, 15, is stabbed to death by a fellow student in a hallway of South Shore High School.|
|January 18, 1993||Grayson, Kentucky, United States||Scott Pennington, 17||2 dead||Scott Pennington shot and killed teacher Deanna McDavid and custodian Marvin Hicks after entering McDavid's classroom at East Carter High School. Pennington was later found guilty of the murders and sentenced to life imprisonment.|
|February 1, 1993||Amityville, New York, United States||Shem S. McCoy, 17||1 dead||1 injured||Shem S. McCoy, 17, shot two people, both cousins of his, at Amityville High School. One of those shot, Randel Artis, would die of his gunshot injuries. The three boys had apparently been engaged in a long running dispute.|
|February 22, 1993||Los Angeles, California, United States||Robert Heard, 15||1 dead||15-year-old Robert Heard shot and killed 17-year-old Michael Shean Ensley in a corridor of Reseda High School.|
|February 24, 1993||New York City, New York, United States||Justin Rodriguez, 15||1 dead||15-year-old Angel Jimenez is stabbed to death by another 15-year-old student in a hallway of Junior High School 25. The stabbing was sparked by a dispute between the two boys over who owned a pair of sunglasses.|
|March 18, 1993||Harlem, Georgia, United States||Edward Bryant Gillom, 15||1 dead||1 injured||Edward Bryant Gillom, a freshman at Harlem High School, shot two fellow students, killing 15-year-old Ronrecas Gibson.|
|April 15, 1993||Acushnet, Massachusetts, United States||David Taber, 44||1 dead||44-year-old David Taber invades Ford Middle School and takes three hostages. He later shoots and kills school nurse Carol Day. He is found not guilty of the murder by reason of insanity.|
|May 24, 1993||Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, United States||Jason Smith, 15||1 dead||Upper Perkiomen High School, 15-year-old student Jason Smith shoots and kills another student who had bullied him. He is sentenced to between 12 and 25 years in prison.|
|September 17, 1993||Sheridan, Wyoming, United States||Kevin Newman, 29||1 dead||4 injured||4 students of a physical education class were wounded at Central Middle School in Sheridan, Wyoming, when 29-year-old Kevin Newman fired at them with a handgun. He then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. A suicide note found in Newman's motel room revealed that he was unhappy with his life and thought of himself as an evil person.|
|September 17, 1993||Darien, Illinois, United States||Phillip Powell, 15||1 dead||15-year-old Phillip Powell killed Barrett Modisette (17) at the Hinsdale South High School parking lot. Powell was a self-described gang member who shot Barrett because Barrett was protecting his younger brother from Powell's verbal bullying. Powell was tried as an adult and was sentenced to 37 years in prison in 1994.|
|October 6, 1993||Hausleiten, Austria||..., 13||1 dead||1 injured||A 13-year-old student, waiting at the entrance of the Hauptschule in Hausleiten, shot and wounded the principal of the school with a rifle before committing suicide. The student was caught smoking the day before and the principal told the boy he had to inform his parents about it.|
|December 1, 1993||Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, United States||Leonard McDowell, 21||1 dead||Leonard McDowell, a 21-year-old former student at Wauwatosa West High School, shot Associate Principal Dale Breitlow three times with a .44-cal. Taurus revolver in a second-floor hallway. McDowell was found guilty of the murder and sane at the time of the shooting. His life sentence was upheld by the state Court of Appeals in April, 1997.|
|December 17, 1993||Chelsea, Michigan, United States||Stephen Leith||1 dead||2 injured||Steve Leith, a science teacher at Chelsea High School walked into a staff meeting being held at the school and shot and killed the district superintendent and wounded the school principal and a teacher. Leith was then arrested by police.|
|January 31, 1994||Seattle, Washington, United States||Darrell Cloud, 24||1 dead||24-year-old Darrell Cloud entered Whitman Middle School and shot his former teacher, 45-year-old Neal Summers, to death. Cloud would serve nine years in prison for the murder. The motive for the shooting was sexual abuse that was alleged to have been perpetrated by Summers against Cloud since Cloud was 13 years old.|
|March 1, 1994||Boonville, Missouri, United States||Dante D. Hayes, 33||2 dead||Dante D. Hayes, 33, a hunter and ex-convict, shot and killed Richard Vancena, 58, a cafeteria manager, and Robin Michelle Coleman, 33, a cook, in the mess hall of Kemper Military School. He was drunk and looking for his wife Anna Hayes with whom he had a fight the night before. No students were harmed.|
|March 23, 1994||Seattle, Washington, United States||Brian Ronquillo,
Cesar Sarausad II, 19
|1 dead||1 injured||A gang-related drive-by shooting outside Ballard High School resulted in the death of 16-year-old student Melissa Fernandes and the wounding of 17-year-old student Brent Mason. Police later arrested two men in connection with the shooting.|
|March 25, 1994||Cherokee County, Georgia, United States||Brian Head, 15||1 dead||15-year-old Brian Head shot and killed himself during his high school economics class at Etowah High School. Head had been a longtime target for bullies because of his weight and thick glasses. His father, Bill, subsequently successfully lobbied for a law that criminalized bullying and required schools to alert parents of bullied children.|
|March 28, 1994||Acklam, Middlesbrough, United Kingdom||Stephen Wilkinson, 29||1 dead||2 injured||Stephen Wilkinson burst into a mathematics classroom at Hall Garth Community Arts College and stabbed three children, including 12-year-old Nikki Conroy who later died from her injuries.|
|May 26, 1994||Union, Kentucky, United States||Clay Shrout, 17||4 dead||Clay Shrout kills his mother, father, and two younger sisters before embarking a hostage situation in a trigonometry classroom, he's now serving life in prison.|
|June 17, 1994||Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom||Garnet Bell, 46||6 injured||A former pupil bearing a grudge entered an assembly hall at Sullivan Upper School and used a flamethrower to attack students taking A-Level examinations. Six were injured; three seriously.|
|September 8, 1994||Hollywood, California, United States||1 dead||Rolando Ruiz, 17, was shot dead on the campus of Hollywood High School. Police suspected that the shooting was gang-related.|
|September 19, 1994||Soweto, South Africa||..., 18||7 injured||An 18-year-old student shot and wounded seven of his schoolmates with a rifle, after he had been reprimanded. The youth then escaped in his father's car.|
|October 12, 1994||Greensboro, North Carolina, United States||Nicholas Atkinson, 16||1 dead||1 injured||Nicholas Atkinson, a 16-year-old Grimsley High School student, returned to campus after being suspended. He proceeded to shoot and wound the assistant principal with a 9 mm handgun before committing suicide.|
|October 25, 1994||Mount Vernon, New York, United States||Hopeton Minott, 17||1 dead||17-year-old Shebule Jackson is stabbed to death by fellow student Hopeton Minott in a corridor of Mount Vernon High School.|
|November 7, 1994||Wickliffe, Ohio, United States||Keith A. Ledeger, 37||1 dead||3 injured||Wickliffe Middle School shooting. 37-year-old Keith A. Ledeger, a former student, entered Wickliffe Middle School in Wickliffe, Ohio with a 12 gauge shotgun. He shot and killed a custodian and wounded the assistant principal, a teacher and a police officer before being arrested.|
|January 5, 1995||Washington, District of Columbia, United States||..., 14||1 dead||16-year-old Antar A. Hall is shot to death by a 14-year-old boy at the entrance of Cardozo High School.|
|January 12, 1995||Seattle, Washington, United States||..., 15||2 injured||A 15-year-old Garfield High School student left school during the day and returned with his grandfather's 9mm semiautomatic handgun. He wounded two students.|
|February 1, 1995||Charlotte Amalie, United States Virgin Islands, United States||Nashibo George, 14||1 dead||Lamar Knight is stabbed to death by fellow student Nashibo George after a fight at Charlotte Amalie High School. Nashibo George is found guilty of voluntary manslaughter on February 20, 2004.|
|August 29, 1995||Laredo, Texas, United States||Jonah Iverson, 12||1 dead||12-year-old Jonah Iverson shot and killed a fellow student, 12-year-old Lizzy Rivera, in a washroom of Memorial Middle School.|
|September 21, 1995||Rochester, New York, United States||Michelle Wright, 12||1 dead||13-year-old Stephne Givens was fatally stabbed at Jefferson Middle School by a fellow student.|
|September 29, 1995||Tavares, Florida, United States||Keith E. Johnson, 14||1 dead||Tavares Middle School student Keith E. Johnson, 14, shot and killed Joey Summerall, 13, with a 9mm semiautomatic handgun that he had stolen from his neighbors home. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.|
|October 12, 1995||South Carolina, United States||Toby R. Sincino, 16||2 dead||1 injured||After being suspended for making an obscene gesture, 16-year-old Toby Sincino shot and injured a math teacher, then shooting and killing another math teacher before turning the gun on himself.|
|November 15, 1995||Lynnville, Tennessee, United States||Jamie Rouse, 17||2 dead||1 injured||The Richland High School shooting occurred when 17-year-old Jamie Rouse walked into the school and shot two teachers in the head, killing one, armed with a .22 Remington Viper. He then fired at the assistant football coach but hit a 14-year-old freshman in the neck, killing her. Stephen Abbott was also charged with criminal responsibility for driving Rouse to school knowing he was armed and intended to shoot up his school.|
|December 8, 1995||Maida Vale, London, England, United Kingdom||Learco Chindamo, 15||1 dead||Headmaster Philip Lawrence was stabbed to death outside the gates of his school by 15-year-old Learco Chindamo at St George's Roman Catholic Secondary School in Maida Vale, London.|
|January 19, 1996||Washington, United States||Darrick Evans, 16, accomplice||1 dead||Winston Education Center, Two masked gunmen kill 14-year-old Damion Blocker in a stairwell. 16-year-old shooter Darrick Evans is given a sentence of 41 years to life in prison.|
|February 2, 1996||Moses Lake, Washington, United States||Barry Loukaitis, 14||3 dead||1 injured||Armed with a high-powered hunting rifle and two handguns, 14-year-old Barry Loukaitis killed his algebra teacher and two students before taking hostages. He also shot a girl in the arm, who he released during the hostage situation. The incident ended when a teacher burst into the room and tackled him. Loukaitis is now serving life in prison.|
|February 8, 1996||Menlo Park, California, United States||Douglas Bradley, 16||1 dead||3 injured||16-year-old student Douglas Bradley drove his vehicle on the campus of Mid-Peninsula High School in Menlo Park, California, and fired at students with a .38-caliber revolver, hitting one in the leg with a bullet and causing injury to two others from shattered glass. Bradley then shot himself in the head, dying the next morning at Stanford University Medical Center.|
|March 25, 1996||Patterson, Missouri, United States||Anthony Gene Rutherford, 18, Jonathan Moore, 15, Joseph Burris, 15||1 dead||16-year-old student Will Futrelle was killed by an 18-year-old and two 15-year-old students at Mountain Park Baptist Academy, a rural Christian reform school.|
|April 11, 1996||Talladega, Alabama, United States||Steven L. Curry, 16||1 dead||16-year-old student Steven L. Curry fatally shot 18-year-old student Bobby Roberson Jr. in the parking lot of Talladega High School.|
|September 25, 1996||Scottdale, Georgia, United States||David Dubose Jr., 16||1 dead||David Dubose Jr. shot and killed 49-year-old English teacher Horace P. Morgan with a .38 caliber revolver in a corridor of DeKalb Alternative School. Dubose was then subdued by staff members.|
|January 27, 1997||West Palm Beach, Florida, United States||Tronneal Mangum, 13||1 dead||13-year-old Tronneal Mangum shot and killed another student, 14-year-old John Kamel, in front of Conniston Middle School. Mangum was reportedly upset that Kamel had failed to repay a $40 debt.|
|February 19, 1997||Bethel, Alaska, United States||Evan Ramsey, 16||2 dead||2 injured||Armed with a pump-action 12 gauge shotgun, Evan Ramsey killed a student and the principal of Bethel High School, and wounded two others. He is now serving two 99-year prison sentences.|
|February 19, 1997||Webbers Falls, Oklahoma, United States||Marcus Ray Larsen, 15||1 dead||0 injured||15 year old Marcus Ray Larsen stabbed 18 year old Joey Youngblood to death on school grounds as students were changing classes for the final hour of the school day. Larsen stabbed Youngblood in the chest three times after the two fought over a cigarette lighter that belonged to Larsen, according to reports.|
|March 30, 1997||Sana'a, Yemen||Mohammad Ahman al-Nazari, 48||6 dead||13 injured||Sana'a school shooting. Mohammad Ahman al-Nazari, 48, conducted a massacre at Tala'i Private School in the Asbahi township. Armed with an illegally obtained Kalashnikov assault rifle he waited for the headmistress and killed her by shooting her in the head. After killing a cafeteria worker and injuring a bus driver who came to help he entered the school building and walked from classroom to classroom, shooting indiscriminately at teachers and students. Subsequently he went to nearby Musa Bin Nusayr School where he continued his rampage, that left a total of six people dead and 12 others wounded, before he himself was injured and arrested. al-Nazari was ultimately convicted of murder and was executed by firing squad just six days after the massacre.|
|April 28, 1997||Seabrook, New Jersey, United States||Peter Henriques, 16||1 dead||16-year-old student Nielsa Mason is beaten to death by fellow student Peter Henriques inside the boys’ locker room at Cumberland Regional High School.|
|May 5, 1997||Zöbern, Austria||Helmut Z., 15||1 dead||1 injured||15-year-old student Helmut Z. shot and killed a teacher at his school in Zöbern, after she intervened when he tried to rape a girl. He also shot and injured another teacher with the revolver he had stolen from his father, before trying to escape on his bike. Helmut was arrested and sentenced to eight years in prison.|
|May 16, 1997||Sacramento, California, United States||Alex Dale Thomas, 48||1 dead||18-year-old student Michelle Montoya was raped and stabbed to death by janitor and parolee Alex Dale Thomas after cornering her in the woodshop at Rio Linda High School. He was arrested shortly afterwards and sentenced to death for his crimes. Matters were further complicated by the announcement that Thomas was on parole for voluntary manslaughter and was hired due to a loophole which allowed non-educators to be hired as a substitute prior to a background check. This prompted legislator Deborah Ortiz to author a law requiring background checks for all school staff and prohibiting the hiring of felons, which passed in 1997.|
|October 1, 1997||Pearl, Mississippi, United States||Luke Woodham, 16||3 dead||7 injured||Student 16-year-old Luke Woodham stabbed and beat his mother to death, then took a .30-.30 lever-action deer hunting rifle to Pearl High School where he shot into a crowd of students, killing his ex-girlfriend Christina Menefee and her friend Lydia Kay Dew and wounded seven other students. The incident was ended when Vice Principal Joel Myrick took his personal .45 Colt handgun out of his vehicle and brandished it at Woodham. Woodham later claimed that he did not remember killing his mother, Woodham is currently serving three life terms plus an additional 140 years in Mississippi State Penitentiary.|
|December 1, 1997||West Paducah, Kentucky, United States||Michael Carneal, 14||3 dead||5 injured||Heath High School shooting. Michael Carneal, a 14-year-old freshman at Heath High School in West Paducah, Kentucky, opened fire on a prayer circle at his school killing three students and injuring five, Carneal is now serving a life sentence in Kentucky State Reformatory.|
|December 15, 1997||Stamps, Arkansas, United States||Joseph Todd, 14||2 injured||14-year-old Joseph Todd launched a sniper attack at his school that left two students wounded.|
|March 24, 1998||Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States||Mitchell Johnson, 13
Andrew Golden, 11
|5 dead||10 injured||Westside Middle School massacre. 13-year-old Mitchell Johnson and 11-year-old Andrew Golden set off the fire alarm in their Jonesboro school and then, from the woods, open fire on classmates and teachers as they flee the building. Four female students and a teacher are killed, with nine other students and a teacher being wounded in the incident, both men served jail sentences until they turned 21.|
|April 24, 1998||Edinboro, Pennsylvania, United States||Andrew Wurst, 14||1 dead||3 injured||14-year-old Andrew J. Wurst went to the school graduation dance where he shot and killed a popular science teacher. He subsequently opened fire on more students, wounding another teacher and two classmates before he ran out of ammunition, he's now serving a 30 to 60-year sentence in a prison for young offenders.|
|May 19, 1998||Fayetteville, Tennessee, United States||Jacob Davis, 18||1 dead||Three days before graduation, 18-year-old Jacob Davis shoots and kills a 17-year-old student in the parking lot of his school after a dispute regarding his girlfriend.|
|May 21, 1998||Springfield, Oregon, United States||Kip Kinkel, 15||4 dead||25 injured||Kip Kinkel opened fire with a .22 rifle at Thurston Senior High School, killing two students and wounding 25 before being tackled by a wounded student. His parents were later found at home, murdered by Kinkel. He is now serving 111 years in prison without parole.|
|June 15, 1998||Richmond, Virginia, United States||..., 14||2 injured||A 14-year-old student of Armstrong High School wounded a teacher and a school volunteer.|
|January 8, 1999||Carrollton, Georgia, United States||Jeff Miller, 17||2 dead||17-year-old Jeff Miller fatally shot his girlfriend, 15-year-old Andrea Garrett, and then killed himself in a suicide pact at Central High School in Carrollton, Georgia.|
|February 11, 1999||Elgin, Illinois, United States||Rickey L. Quezada, 15||1 dead||A masked gunman shot and killed 14-year-old Hugo Rodriguez at the Ombudsman Education Services alternative education center. It was reported that police thought this shooting to be gang-related. Rickey L. Quezada was later arrested for the crime and convicted of first-degree murder.|
|April 16, 1999||Notus, Idaho, United States||Shawn Cooper, 15||some minor injuries||Shawn Cooper, 15, fired two shots from a 12 gauge shotgun, in the hall near the front desk at Notus Jr. Sr. High School. There were no serious injuries, but some students were close enough to the blast to catch some shrapnel from the tile floor. Shawn Cooper had been undergoing treatment for bipolar disorder.|
|April 20, 1999||Jefferson County, Colorado, United States||Eric Harris, 18
Dylan Klebold, 17
|15 dead||24 injured||Columbine High School massacre. Two teenage students, Eric Harris—carrying a carbine rifle and a sawed-off pump-action shotgun—and Dylan Klebold—carrying a TEC-9 pistol and a sawed-off 12 gauge double-barreled shotgun—shot and killed 12 students and a teacher, and injured 21 other students and a teacher at Columbine High School. Two more students and a teacher were injured escaping. Ten of the 12 students killed were shot at nearly point-blank range while hiding under tables in the school library in seven minutes by the two shooters. Both were armed with numerous pipe bombs, napalm, knives, and other homemade explosives. Two propane time bombs (which only one partially detonated) were set in the school cafeteria. After their rampage, Harris and Klebold died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head. Both are believed to have committed suicide simultaneously and both bodies were found in the back of the library together. Columbine High School is located in the Columbine CDP of Jefferson County, near the cities of Denver and Littleton. Harris and Klebold were both victims of bullying. Later, psychologists concluded that Harris was a psychopath and Klebold was an angry, suicidal depressive.|
|April 28, 1999||Taber, Alberta, Canada||Todd Cameron Smith, 14||1 dead||1 injured||W. R. Myers High School shooting. 14-year-old Todd Cameron Smith brought a sawn-off .22-caliber rifle to W.R Myers High School and shot two students, killing one, Cameron served a 3 year jail sentence and lived seven years on probation.|
|May 20, 1999||Conyers, Georgia, United States||T.J. Solomon, 15||6 injured||15-year-old T.J. Solomon, armed with a .22-caliber rifle and a handgun, opened fire at Heritage High School, wounding six students.|
|July 29, 1999||Soweto, South Africa||Charles Raboroko, 39||3 dead||Teacher Charles Raboroko shot and killed three of his colleagues in the staffroom at Anchor Comprehensive High School in Soweto. When he tried to escape he was hindered by angry students outside the school, whereupon he hid in a classroom, where he was later arrested by police. Raboroko was said to have borne a grudge against one of his victims, Henry Lebea, whom he killed with five shots in the head.|
|August 11, 1999||Sekinchan, Malaysia||Na Teck Ker, 42||6 injured||After he had been humiliated by friends, Na Teck Ker, a 42-year-old fisherman, bought a parang and headed for Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Yoke Kuan in Sekinchan, where he set his motorcycle ablaze, before chasing and randomly attacking students. When he was finally overpowered by teachers and passers-by he had already injured six pupils. Na Teck Ker was handed over to police and sentenced to 42 months in jail.|
|October 19, 1999||Longzhou County, China||Liang Yongcheng, 30||1 dead||7 injured||After spending the afternoon drinking, school guard Liang Yongcheng walked into a students' dormitory at a middle school in Longzhou county and threatened to kill everybody who tried to stop him. He eventually committed suicide, but not before shooting a teacher and six students with a hunting rifle.|
|October 20, 1999||Houston, Texas, United States||Estanislao Balderas, 14||1 dead||Estanislao Balderas stabbed a 13-year-old boy named Samuel Avila in the head with a screwdriver in a fight at Deady Middle School. Samuel Avila died. Balderas was arrested and prosecuted.|
|November 9, 1999||Meißen, Germany||Andreas S., 15||1 dead||A masked student, who was only identified as Andreas S., fatally stabbed teacher Sigrun Leuteritz 22 times with a kitchen knife in front of his classmates, before trying to escape. The student was later arrested and sentenced to 7½ years in prison.|
|November 19, 1999||Deming, New Mexico, United States||Victor Cordova, Jr., 12||1 dead||12-year-old Victor Cordova Jr. dressed in camouflage and shot 13-year-old Araceli Tena. Tena died a day later from sustained wounds in life support.|
|December 6, 1999||Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, United States||Seth Trickey, 13||4 injured||13-year-old Seth Trickey armed himself with a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun and opened fire of 15 rounds at Fort Gibson Middle School, injuring four classmates.|
|December 7, 1999||Veghel, Netherlands||Ali Düzgün, 17||5 injured||17-year-old Ali Düzgün, of Turkish Kurdish origin, shot and injured five people at a school. He claimed he wanted to avenge the family honour by shooting his sister's boyfriend, who he believed had brought the family honour to disgrace. The boyfriend, three other students and a teacher were injured in the shooting. Düzgün was sentenced to five years in prison, his father was sentenced to eight years.|
|March 16, 2000||Brannenburg, Bavaria, Germany||Michael F., 16||1 dead||1 injured||A 16-year-old student fatally shot a teacher and then shot himself in a suicide attempt, and has been in a coma ever since.|
|April 20, 2000||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada||..., 15||5 injured||A 15-year-old student at Cairine Wilson Secondary School in the suburban community of Orleans pulled out a knife and stabbed a fellow student whom he was conversing with, and then ran through the school stabbing another three students and a teacher's aide. Michael Jordan, the school principal finally convinced the youth to surrender the weapon.|
|May 26, 2000||Lake Worth, Florida, United States||Nathaniel Brazill, 13||1 dead||One teacher, Barry Grunow, had been shot and killed at Lake Worth Middle School by 13-year-old Nate Brazill with .25-caliber semiautomatic pistol on the last day of classes. Brazill was convicted of the murder and sentenced to twenty-five years in prison.|
|September 26, 2000||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States||2 injured||Darrel Johnson, 13, and Alfred Anderson were initially charged with Louisiana attempted second degree murder in a school shooting where both were shot with the same gun.|
|October 19, 2000||New York City, New York, United States||Rickley Gregoire, 16
Eduardo Hall, 16
|1 dead||12-year-old Anthony Haynes is stabbed to death in the cafeteria of Canarsie High School. Two 16-year-old students were arrested for the crime. It was suspected that the stabbing was gang-related.|
|October 23, 2000||Los Angeles, California, United States||1 dead||20-year-old security guard Reginald Millsaps is shot to death at Western Academy Community Education Center by an unknown assailant.|
|October 24, 2000||New York City, New York, United States||1 dead||While changing a tire on a teacher’s car outside Bushwick High School, 18-year-old Joseph Gallo Rodriguez was accosted by two men looking to rob him of a silver crucifix. When he refused the robbers shot him and fled. Rodriguez died of the gunshot wound the next day.|
|November 23, 2000||Calgary, Alberta, Canada||..., 16||1 dead||17-year-old Samer Jaber is stabbed to death at Lester B. Pearson High School in Calgary by a 16-year-old student. The 16-year-old was later convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to four years imprisonment.|
|January 18, 2001||Bromma, Stockholm, Sweden||..., 17
|1 dead||A 16-year-old student was shot to death in a toilet facility of the Bromma Gymnasium, in Stockholm, Sweden. Two other students, ages 17 and 19, were charged with the murder.|
|March 5, 2001||Santee, California, United States||Charles Andrew Williams, 15||2 dead||13 injured||Armed with a .22-caliber revolver, 15-year-old Charles Andrew Williams opened fire in a male toilet facility at Santana High School in Santee, California, killing one student. Then exiting the restroom, Williams fired indiscriminately at nearby students, killing another student and wounding 13. Shortly afterward he retreated back into the restroom, where he surrendered to police. In June 2002, Williams was sentenced to 50 years in prison.|
|March 6, 2001||Limeira, Brazil||..., 16||1 dead||2 injured||During an argument with his girlfriend's brother a 16-year-old student drew a pistol and began shooting at his high school, hitting three students nearby, one of them fatally.|
|March 7, 2001||Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States||Elizabeth C. Bush, 14||1 injured||Elizabeth Bush shoots and injures Kimberly Marchese at Bishop Neumann High School.|
|March 22, 2001||El Cajon, California, United States||Jason Hoffman, 18||5 injured||18-year-old student Jason Hoffman opened fire with a handgun and shotgun at Granite Hills High School, in El Cajon, California, wounding three students and two teachers. Hoffman committed suicide in prison in 2002.|
|March 26, 2001||Machakos, Kenya||Felix Mambo Ngumbao, 16, and Davies Otieno Onyango, 17||67 dead||19 injured||Kyanguli Fire Tragedy: Two students set fire to a dormitory at Kyanguli Secondary School located in Machakos, 30 miles (48 km) southeast of Nairobi, after the final exam results were annulled and payment of their outstanding school fees was demanded. 67 people perished in the flames and another 19 were injured, including one of the perpetrators.|
|March 30, 2001||Gary, Indiana, United States||Donald Ray Burt Jr., 17||1 dead||Donald Ray Burt Jr., a 17-year-old expelled student, shot and killed 16-year-old student Neal Boyd III in the parking lot of Lew Wallace High School, in Gary, Indiana, Burt Jr. was sentenced to 57 years in prison on July 25, 2002.|
|August 6, 2001||Macaúbas, Bahia, Brazil||Robério Souza de Oliveira, 18||1 dead||7 injured||Robério Souza de Oliveira, an 18-year-old farmer, shot and wounded six students and a teacher with a shotgun at Escola Estadual Aloísio Short. He then commmitted suicide by shooting himself in the head.|
|November 12, 2001||Caro, Michigan, United States||Chris Buschbacher, 17||1 dead||17-year-old Chris Buschbacher, armed with a .22-caliber rifle and a 20-gauge shotgun, took one teacher and one student hostage at the Caro Learning Center before killing himself.|
|December 5, 2001||Springfield, Massachusetts, United States||Corey Ramos, 17||1 dead||At Springfield High School, a school for troubled teens, 17-year-old Corey Ramos stabs to death Reverend Theodore Brown, a counselor at the school. In 2003, Ramos is sentenced to life in prison.|
|January 15, 2002||New York, New York, United States||Vincent Rodriguez, 17||2 injured||17-year-old Vincent Rodriguez shot and wounded two students at Martin Luther King, Jr. High School in Manhattan, New York City, with a .380-caliber semi-automatic pistol. The possible motive was that the victims had harassed Rodriguez's girlfriend. In February 2003, Rodriguez was sentenced to 10 years in prison on charges of assault and attempted assault.|
|February 19, 2002||Freising, Germany||Adam Labus, 22||4 dead||1 injured||22-year-old Adam Labus killed his former boss and a worker in Eching, before driving to his former school in Freising where he shot and killed the principal and injured another teacher. He then committed suicide.|
|April 26, 2002||Erfurt, Thuringia, Germany||Robert Steinhäuser, 19||17 dead||7 injured||Erfurt massacre. 19-year-old Robert Steinhäuser, who was permanently expelled from school in October 2001, entered the Gutenberg-Gymnasium in Erfurt and shot and killed 13 teachers, two students and a police officer. He also wounded seven other people. He then committed suicide.|
|April 30, 2002||Vlasenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina||Dragoslav Petkovic, 17||2 dead||1 injured||17-year-old Dragoslav Petkovic shot and killed his history teacher outside the school. He then made his way into the building where he shot and seriously injured another teacher. Petkovic then committed suicide inside the classroom with thirty students present.|
|September 26, 2002||Lanzhou, China||Yang Zhengming, 40||2 dead||2 injured||Yang Zhengming, who worked as a mini-bus driver for Number 34 Middle School in Lanzhou, killed a teacher and wounded two others at the school with a hunting rifle, one of the wounded being his former girlfriend. Police finally shot him dead after negotiating with him for two hours while he was standing on the roof and threatened to commit suicide.|
|October 7, 2002||Bowie, Maryland, United States||John Allen Muhammad, 41
Lee Boyd Malvo, 17
|1 injured||A victim of the Beltway sniper attacks, 13-year-old Iran Brown was shot and wounded as he arrived at Benjamin Tasker Middle School in Bowie, Maryland. His aunt, a nurse who had just brought him to school, rushed him to a hospital emergency room. Despite serious injuries, including damage to several major organs, Brown survived the attack.|
|October 28, 2002||Salvador, Brazil||E. R., 17||2 dead||A 17-year-old student identified as E. R., armed with an .38 revolver, shot Vanessa Carvalho Batista in the head, killing her instantly, he then fired shots at Natasha Silva Ferreira, both of them 15-year-old, seriously injuring her, in the Colegio Sigma. She then died at the hospital. E. R. then stayed on the school camp until police arrival and threatened to commit suicide but was convinced to not do so by his 21-year-old brother. The shooter said he did not had a good relation with the two girls, and said that they ridiculed him publicly.|
|January 26, 2003||Suixi county, China||Chen Peiquan, 35||4 dead||3 injured||Chen Peiquan, an English teacher with a history of mental problems, stabbed six students and a teacher in a dormitory at Yang Gan Middle School, killing four of them. He was arrested after fleeing to the roof of the building.|
|January 27, 2003||Taiuva, Brazil||Edmar Aparecido Freitas, 18||1 dead||8 injured||18-year-old Edmar Freitas shot and wounded six students, a teacher and a janitor with a 38-caliber revolver at Escola Estadual Coronel Benedito Ortiz, his former school where he had been bullied for being overweight. He then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.|
|April 14, 2003||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States||Steven Williams,
|1 dead,||4 injured||John McDonogh High School shooting. 15-year-old Jonathan Williams, a student and football player, was fatally shot while sitting on the bleachers in the gymnasium of John McDonogh Senior High School, by two men armed with an AK-47 assault rifle and a handgun. The two gunmen fired at least 18 rounds from their weapons, shattering Williams' face, and injuring three girls.|
|April 24, 2003||Red Lion, Pennsylvania, United States||James Sheets, 14||2 dead||Red Lion Area Junior High School shooting. 14-year-old student James Sheets, armed with .44 and .357-caliber revolvers and a .22-caliber pistol, shot and killed Principal Eugene Segro and then committed suicide in the school cafeteria of Red Lion Area Junior High School, in Red Lion, Pennsylvania.|
|June 6, 2003||Amphoe Pak Phanang, Thailand||Anatcha Boonkwan, 17||2 dead||4 injured||Two students were killed and another four injured at Pak Phanang school, when Anatcha Boonkwan shot at them with a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol he had stolen from his father. The shooting apparently was triggered by an argument he had with one of his victims, the day before.|
|July 2, 2003||Coburg, Bavaria, Germany||Florian Klein, 16||1 dead||1 injured||Florian Klein, a 16-year-old student, fired at his teacher in his classroom, in a comprehensive school in Coburg, Germany. A second female teacher who struggled with the weapon was shot in the thigh and injured. Klein then turned a second gun on himself and committed suicide.|
|September 24, 2003||Cold Spring, Minnesota, United States||Jason McLaughlin, 15||2 dead||Rocori High School shooting. 15-year-old Jason McLaughlin shot Aaron Rollins and Seth Bartell at Rocori High School with a .22- caliber pistol. Rollins died the same day; Bartell died October 10 of injuries sustained in the attack, McLaughlin was sentenced to life with two consecutive prison sentences in 2005.|
|December 8, 2003||Porter, Oklahoma, United States||Dustin Dillingham, 15||1 dead||15 year old, Dustin Dillingham, stabbed 16 year old, Carl Andrew "Andy" Robinson on a school bus on the afternoon of December 8, 2003. The suspect jumped off the bus and ran into the woods, still carrying the knife. About a dozen students were on the bus during the stabbing, ranging from 5 to 18 years old. County road workers saw 15 year old Dustin Dillingham hiding near a pond about three miles west of the search area. Officers arrested him and say he gave them no trouble and in fact showed them where he threw the knife he used to stab Andy Robinson. Dillingham's family says he's been picked on and they'd recently been encouraging him to stand up for himself .|
|January 13, 2004||Den Haag, Netherlands||Murat Demir, 17||1 dead||Murat Demir shot Hans van Wieren, a 49-year-old teacher and vice principal at Stevincollege, also called Terra College by some. Van Wieren was taken to the hospital and died on January 13 in the evening as a result of his gunshot wound.|
|February 2, 2004||Washington, District of Columbia, United States||Thomas J. Boykin, 19||1 dead||19-year-old Thomas J. Boykin fatally shot 17-year-old James Richardson at Ballou Senior High School. Boykin was later acquitted on the charge of murder.|
|February 3, 2004||Palmetto Bay, Florida, United States||Michael Hernandez, 14||1 dead||14-year-old Michael Hernandez stabbed and slit the throat of a 14-year-old classmate, Jaime Rodrigo Gough, while in a restroom at Southwood Middle School. Hernandez was tried as an adult, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. A search of his home revealed he had concocted plans to murder several classmates and his older sister. His journal revealed he was obsessed with perfection and Christianity, and admired Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.|
|May 24, 2004||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States||Federico Cervantes-Lavelle, 52||2 dead||Just after 6:00 A.M. on May 24, 2004, Federico Cervantes-Lavelle shot and killed his estranged wife, Marisela Lavelle, as she arrived at work at West High School in Salt Lake City. Cervantes-Lavelle then committed suicide.|
|September 28, 2004||Carmen de Patagones, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina||Rafael Solich, 15||3 dead||5 injured||Armed with his father's 9 mm pistol, a 15-year-old student opened fire on his classmates during a flag-hoisting at Islas Malvinas Middle School Number Two in Carmen de Patagones, Argentina, killing three students and wounding 5 others.|
|November 26, 2004||Ruzhou, China||Yan Yanming, 21||9 dead||3 injured||With no apparent motive, an intruder stabbed nine students to death and injured three others at Ruzhou's Number Two High School in the sixth such incident in China in a four-month period.|
|December 10, 2004||Brampton, Ontario, Canada||Erhun Candir, 62||1 dead||A gunman shot 47-year-old grade 10 teacher Aysegul Candir in the head multiple times in the Bramalea Secondary School parking lot. Mrs. Candir was pronounced dead in hospital later in the day. Peel Regional Police would later apprehend Candir's 62-year-old husband, Erhun, and charge him with murder. Erhun Candir was later sentenced to life imprisonment.|
|March 2, 2005||Cumberland City, Tennessee, United States||Jason Clinard, 14||1 dead||14-year-old Jason Clinard shot and killed school bus driver Joyce Gregory, who had been carrying a bus of approximately 24 students, Clinard is serving a life sentence in prison.|
|March 21, 2005||Red Lake, Minnesota, United States||Jeffrey Weise, 16||10 dead||12+ injured||Red Lake shootings. Jeffrey Weise, a student at Red Lake High School in Red Lake, Minnesota, killed his grandfather and his grandfather's girlfriend before killing seven more people: five students, a teacher, and an unarmed security guard at Red Lake High School. The attack concluded when Weise exchanged fire with police, and then retreated to a classroom where he fatally shot himself.|
|June 10, 2005||Hikari, Yamaguchi, Japan||..., 18||58 injured||An 18-year-old student, whose name was not disclosed, threw a homemade bomb into a classroom at Hikari Senior High School, injuring 58 people, most of them slightly. The perpetrator later told police that the attack was directed against a group of students who had teased him for his shyness.|
|September 9, 2005||Bangkok, Thailand||Jitrada Tantiwanichayasuk, 34||4 injured||Jitrada Tantiwanichayasuk, a mentally disturbed woman, stabbed four girls at Saint Joseph Convent School in Bangkok, before escaping on a motorcycle. She was later arrested and sentenced to four years in prison.|
|September 13, 2005||Chicago, Illinois, United States||..., 15||1 injured||At Harlan Community Academy High School, a fight broke between two 15-year-old boys in the gymnasium. One of the boys took out a .25-caliber pistol and shot the other one in the leg. A police officer on duty at the school arrested the gunman. The suspected shooter was charged as an adult with aggravated battery with a firearm.|
|September 15, 2005||Vienna, Austria||..., 15||1 dead||During a scuffle a student stabbed and killed a 14-year-old schoolmate at a Vienna school. He was sentenced to seven years in prison.|
|November 8, 2005||Jacksboro, Tennessee, United States||Kenneth Bartley, Jr., 14||1 dead||2 injured||Campbell County High School shooting. After being confronted about bringing a gun on school property, 14-year-old Kenneth Bartley opened fire on three school administrators at Campbell County High School, killing assistant principal Ken Bruce and critically wounding the principal and another assistant principal. The shooting was not premeditated.|
|January 13, 2006||Longwood, Florida, Florida, United States||Christopher David Penley, 15||1 dead||15-year-old Christopher Penley held his classroom at Milwee Middle School, in Longwood, Florida, Florida at gunpoint and holed himself in a restroom alcove, holding law enforcement at bay. He was eventually shot by a SWAT member, after raising the weapon at an officer. The weapon was a pellet gun.|
|February 23, 2006||Roseburg, Oregon, United States||Vincent Wayne Leodoro, 14||1 injured||14-year-old Vincent Leodoro shot 16-year-old fellow student Joseph Monti in the back four times with a 10mm semi-automatic pistol, critically injuring him, in the courtyard of Roseburg High School in Roseburg, Oregon. He was found guilty of attempted murder and assault in July 2006, and will be held in prison until he turns 25 years old.|
|March 14, 2006||Reno, Nevada, United States||James Scott Newman, 14||2 injured||Pine Middle School shooting. 14-year-old student James Newman brought a .38-caliber revolver to Pine Middle School in Reno, Nevada, and shot and injured two students at random in the school's hallway before being restrained by a physical education teacher. Newman was charged as a juvenile for two counts of battery with a deadly weapon and was sentenced to house arrest and 200 hours of community service.|
|June 6, 2006||Los Angeles, California, United States||1 dead||17-year-old Venice High School junior Augustine Contreras was shot and killed in one of the school's parking lots shortly after the day's classes ended. He was shot after he went to the aid of his brothers, who were involved in a fight with several other young men. The fight was reportedly stemmed from a local gang dispute between Latino and black students. Two arrests were made but the suspects were released shortly thereafter.|
|August 30, 2006||Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States||Alvaro Rafael Castillo, 19||1 dead||2 injured||19-year-old Alvaro Rafael Castillo opened fire at Orange High School with a rifle and shotgun, shooting eight times and wounding two students. Officers ordered him to stop firing and he immediately complied. Castillo killed his father with a firearm before driving to school in a van. In the van police officers found ammunition, pipe bombs, and other weapons.|
|September 27, 2006||Bailey, Colorado, United States||Duane Morrison, 53||2 dead||6 injured||A gunman, later identified as 53-year-old Duane Morrison of Denver, took six female students hostage at Platte Canyon High School. After sexually assaulting some of them, he released four of the hostages. When 16-year-old Emily Keyes tried to run away, Morrison shot her in the back of the head before killing himself. Keyes was flown to St. Anthony Central Hospital in Denver, where she died a short time later.|
|September 29, 2006||Cazenovia, Wisconsin, United States||Eric Hainstock, 15||1 dead||Eric Hainstock, 15, a freshman at Weston High School, brought a shotgun and a handgun to school and confronted the principal. The shotgun was wrestled away from him, but in a struggle over the handgun Hainstock shot the principal, who died later of his wounds. Hainstock had complained that the principal and teachers had failed to stop homophobic bullying directed at him. He also had recently received discipline for bringing tobacco to school and throwing a stapler at a teacher. Hainstock suffered from long term ADHD and abusive treatment at home. He was tried as an adult and sentenced to life in prison.|
|October 9, 2006||Joplin, Missouri, United States||Thomas White, 13||A 13-year-old student fired a cheap imitation AK-47 inside his middle school after confronting two others students and his principal. The student was wearing a mask and had pointed the gun at the principal, the assistant superintendent and two students. After firing a shot into the ceiling and breaking a water pipe, the student's gun jammed when he attempted to fire additional shots. The student was then confronted by police officers and taken into custody. Officers also found a note in the student's backpack indicating that he had placed an explosive in the school (which has 700 students). No one was injured in the incident. White was sentenced to 10 years in prison.|
|October 19, 2006||Orlando, Florida, United States||Kelvin De La Cruz, 17||1 dead||17-year-old Kelvin De La Cruz stabbed 15-year-old Michael Nieves in the chest with a pocket knife at a school bus stop of the Main Campus at University High School. After he stabbed him, Cruz hid under the bus and attempted to change his clothes, but was apprehended and charged with first-degree murder. Nieves died two hours after being stabbed.|
|November 20, 2006||Emsdetten, Germany||Bastian Bosse, 18||1 dead||37 injured||Emsdetten school shooting. An 18-year-old former student entered the Geschwister Scholl school in western Germany with a sawed off shotgun, a 22 caliber rifle, a pistol and a set of explosive devices. The rampage started when Bosse shot and wounded six people with his guns. Police stormed the building, and the shooter released several smoke bombs as he retreated to the third floor, which caused injuries to people inside the school and police officers due to smoke inhalation. The suspect then took his own life.|
|December 12, 2006||Erdenheim, Pennsylvania, United States||1 dead||An 11th-grader brought a rifle to school and fired several shots at the ceiling. He then turned the gun on himself and took his own life.|
|January 3, 2007||Tacoma, Washington, United States||Douglas S. Chanthabouly, 18||1 dead||18-year-old Douglas S. Chanthabouly shot 17-year-old Samnang Kok to death in the Henry Foss High School hallways due to a personal disagreement. Chathabouly was found guilty of second-degree murder and was sentenced to 23 years of prison.|
|January 19, 2007||Sudbury, Massachusetts, United States||John Odgren, 16||1 dead||15-year-old James Alenson was stabbed to death with a knife in the Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School washroom in the East House section by 16-year-old John Odgren. Odgren did not know Alenson, and he chose to stab him at random. In 2010, Odgren was found guilty of first-degree murder and was sentenced to life without parole.|
|March 7, 2007||Midland, Michigan, United States||David Turner, 17||1 dead||1 injured||17-year-old David Turner shot and critically wounded 17-year old Jessica Forsyth four times outside Herbert Henry Dow High School before killing himself in the parking lot.|
|March 17, 2007||Saba Yoi District, Thailand||3 dead||7 injured||A number of attackers threw explosives and fired numerous bullets at an Islamic school killing 3 teens and injured 7 others who were sleeping.|
|April 10, 2007||Gresham, Oregon, United States||Chad Escobedo, 15||10 injured||High school freshman Chad Escobedo shoots the windows out of two classrooms from outside Springwater Trail High School injuring ten students with shrapnel and broken glass, two of which required stitches. His motive was to shoot at a class in which he was enrolled, unhappy that the instructor had called his parents; the classrooms he hit, however, were not his intended target.|
|April 18, 2007||Huntersville, North Carolina, United States||Josh Emerson Cook, 16||1 dead||A 16-year-old threatened two students in the parking lot at North Mecklenberg High School with a gun, and shortly afterwards, had shot himself at a local gas station when confronted by police. Four Charlotte-Mecklenberg schools went on lockdown.|
|May 15, 2007||Maoming, China||Wu Jianguo, 17||2 dead||4 injured||17-year-old Wu Jianguo stabbed six classmates with a knife at Dianbai County No. 3 Middle School, killing two of them.|
|May 23, 2007||Toronto, Ontario, Canada||..., 17;
|1 dead||15-year-old Jordan Manners was fatally shot on the campus of C.W. Jefferys Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Ontario. Two juveniles were arrested but later acquitted in connection with the shooting, and cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.|
|August 25, 2007||Jalna district, India||Three students||2 dead||Three 12- and 13-year-old students strangled an 8-year-old boy and his 5-year-old brother to death at a boarding school in hope the school would close down, so they would get a day off.|
|September 11, 2007||Toronto,
|Unknown||1 dead||Dineshkumar Murugiah, a 16-year-old student, was fatally stabbed in an alleyway siding Winston Churchill Collegiate Institute, in the Scarborough part of Toronto, Ontario. Murugiah was on lunch break during the stabbing, which occurred around 12:05 p.m. local time. No suspects were ever sought in the stabbing.|
|September 28, 2007||Oroville,
|Greg Dean Wright, 17||17-year-old student Greg Wright held twenty-seven students and a teacher hostage in a classroom at Las Plumas High School, in Oroville, California, for about two hours before surrendering to law enforcement; all but three of the hostages were released an hour within. Several shots were fired towards the air from Wright's weapon, a .22-caliber semi-automatic handgun, during the crisis. Wright was tried and convicted in adult court on charges of false imprisonment and firearms offenses and was sentenced to 22 years in prison in January 2008.|
|October 10, 2007||Cleveland,
|Asa H. Coon, 14||1 dead||4 injured||SuccessTech Academy shooting. 14-year-old student Asa Coon, reportedly upset about a school suspension, went on a shooting spree at SuccessTech Academy, an alternative high school in Cleveland, Ohio, wounding two students and two teachers. He then fatally shot himself in a classroom.|
|October 11, 2007||Amsterdam, Netherlands||Hüseyin P., 14||1 dead||A 14-year-old student, identified only as Hüseyin P., stabbed 16-year-old classmate Youssef Mokhtari to death at a school in the Slotervaart borough of Amsterdam. The victim had reportedly made a joke about the surname of the perpetrator.|
|November 7, 2007||Tuusula, Finland||Pekka-Eric Auvinen, 18||9 dead||1 injured||Jokela school shooting. 18-year-old student Pekka-Eric Auvinen opened fire with a .22-caliber semi-automatic SIG Mosquito pistol at Jokela High School, in Tuusula, Finland. Six students, the school principal, and the school nurse were killed. The forty-minute attack ended when Auvinen shot himself in the head, later dying that evening at a Helsinki hospital.|
|December 11, 2007||Gurgaon,
|Akash Vadav, 14;
Vikas Yadav, 13
|1 dead||14-year-old student Abhishek Tyagi was shot five times at the Euro International School, in Gurgaon, India. Two other students, 14-year-old Akash Vadav and 13-year-old Vikas Yadav, were charged in connection with the shooting.|
|December 21, 2007||Union City,
|Unknown||1 dead||Vernon Matthew Eddins, a 14-year-old student of James Logan High School, was shot dead at the doorstep of Barnard-White Middle School, in Union City, California. Police issued that the shooting was prompted by an argument escalating between Latino and African American groups of teenagers. No suspects were ever sought.|
|January 8, 2008||Lower Alsace Township, Pennsylvania, United States||Ian Chimenko, 13||3 injured||13-year-old student Ian Chimenko stabbed three of his classmates in a classroom at Antietam Middle-Senior High School, in Lower Alsace, Pennsylvania. Chimenko held faculty members at bay with a blowtorch before being subdued.|
|January 29, 2008||Mannar District, Sri Lanka||LTTE||17 dead||14 injured||Madhu school bus bombing. An accidental explosion of a claymore mine planted by the LTTE (Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam), a Sri Lankan militant organization, targeting the armed forces, resulted in the deaths of 17 civilians, including 11 children on a school bus in the Mannar District. Sri Lanka was engaged in a war against LTTE, known for attacking and killing innocent civilians in many occasions throughout a period of more than 30 years of its operation.|
|February 4, 2008||Memphis, Tennessee, United States||1 injured||At Hamilton High School, a 16-year-old student was shot in the leg during an argument with another student over rap music. The victim's injury was not life-threatening.|
|February 12, 2008||Oxnard,
|Brandon David McInerney, 14||1 dead||15-year-old Lawrence Fobes King was shot in the head twice by 14-year-old classmate Brandon McInerney in the E.O. Green Junior High School computer lab in Oxnard, California. King was transported to St. John's Regional Medical Center in Oxnard under serious condition. Examiners declared King brain dead the following day. It was suspected that the motivation of the shooting was McInerney suspecting King was gay, in which a hate crime charge was filed. McInerney was sentenced to 21 years of prison on the charge of second-degree murder.|
|February 25, 2008||Leizhou,
|Chen Wenzhen||3 dead||4 injured||Chen Wenzhen, a school drop-out with mental illness, attacked six students with a knife at Leizhou No. 2 Middle School, in Leizhou, China, killing two of them. He then committed suicide by stabbing himself in the abdomen and jumping out of a window in the fifth floor.|
|March 6, 2008||Mobile, Alabama, United States||Jajuan Holmes, 18||1 dead||Jajuan Holmes, an 18-year-old student on suspension, walked into the gym area at Davidson High School and shot himself in front of 150 students. The school was put on lockdown for the day.|
|April 16, 2008||Fresno, California, United States||Jesus Carrizales, 17||1 dead||1 injured||Carrizales struck a Roosevelt High School resource police officer on the head with a baseball bat, and then the officer fatally shot him once in the chest.|
|April 28, 2008||Meyzieu, France||Philippe, 15||4 injured||A 15-year-old student, whose name was only revealed as Philippe, stabbed a girl and two boys at Olivier de Serres middle school in Meyzieu, just after he had sent an SMS to a friend stating: "I will kill them." The boy, who was himself wounded during the attack, then escaped, but was arrested by police one hour later. Philippe, who was said to have been inspired by American school shootings and had planned the attack for several months, wanted to take revenge on 7–8 of his schoolmates with whom he didn't get along.|
|May 12, 2008||Cornwall, Ontario, Canada||..., 17||1 dead||A 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death in a classroom at the T.R. Leger School by a 17-year-old classmate shortly before noon. The suspect fled the scene along a nearby bicycle path, but following a brief foot chase, was apprehended without incident. It was later revealed that the two individuals were involved in a fight outside the school earlier that morning, and the suspect went home to get a knife before returning to school.|
|August 14, 2008||Federal Way, Washington, United States||Luis F. Cosgaya-Alvarez, 16||1 dead||26-year-old Omero Mendez was sitting in his car parked on the Lakota Middle School campus to wait to pick up his girlfriend's son. There, he was confronted by 16-year-old Luis F. Cosgaya-Alvarez and two of his friends who were inside an SUV. Cosgaya-Alvarez flashed gang signs at Mendez, and then shot Mendez once in the head. Mendez later died of his injuries. Cosgaya-Alvarez was arrested a few days later in Seattle and was charged with murder. Cosgaya-Alvarez pleaded guilty to murder and weapon enhancements and was sentenced to 18 years in prison.|
|August 19, 2008||Krugersdorp,
|Morné Harmse, 18||1 dead||3 injured||Nic Diederichs Technical High School slashing. One student was killed and another student and two campus groundskeepers were wounded at Nic Diederichs Technical High School, in Krugersdorp, South Africa, after 18-year-old matrics student Morné Harmse had slashed them with a samurai sword. On October 10, 2009 Harmse was sentenced to 20 years in jail.|
|August 21, 2008||Cheonan,
|Lee, 38||1 dead||A 38-year-old school repairman, identified only as Lee, stabbed to death his boss, Kang, inside an administrative office at a high school in Cheonan, South Korea.|
|August 21, 2008||Knoxville, Tennessee, United States||Jamar Siler, 15||1 dead||15-year-old Ryan McDonald was shot to death by 15-year-old fellow student Jamar Siler in the cafeteria of Central High School, in Knoxville, Tennessee.|
|September 16, 2008||Toronto, Ontario, Canada||Mark Deicsics, 18;
Jermaine Williams, 16;
two unidentified 16-year-old juveniles
|1 injured||A 16-year-old student received a gunshot wound to the chest in the parking lot of the Bendale Business and Technical Institute, in Scarborough, Toronto, after a handgun was accidentally discharged during a botched robbery attempt involving several people. The victim was transported to Sunnybrook Hospital in critical condition, where he underwent emergency surgery. Police arrested four suspects, including the victim and two other juveniles.|
|October 16, 2008||Detroit, Michigan, United States||William Morton, 15||1 dead||3 injured||Christopher Walker, 16, was killed, and three other teenagers were seriously wounded during a drive-by shooting at a primary school lawn adjacent to Henry Ford High School, where Walker and the other students were just dismissed from after classes ended. Three teenagers were arrested and charged in connection with the shooting. William Morton, 15, the shooter, was sentenced to life without parole, and Devon Bell was sentenced to 42 years of prison.|
|October 31, 2008||Stockton Springs,
|Randall Hofland, 55||Eleven fifth-grade students were taken hostage in a classroom at Stockton Springs Elementary School, in Stockton Springs, Maine. The hostage situation ended within 30 minutes when the gunman surrendered to a state trooper. The hostage taker, 55-year-old Randall Hofland, was wanted by authorities for pointing a handgun at an officer during a traffic stop and then fleeing.|
|November 12, 2008||Fort Lauderdale,
|Teah Wimberly, 15||1 dead||15-year-old student Amanda Collette was shot to death by her 15-year-old classmate, Teah Wimberly, in a hallway of Dillard High School, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The shooter was arraigned on the charge of first-degree murder She was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.|
|November 23, 2008||Baltimore, Maryland, United States||Timothy Oxendine, 14||1 dead||15-year-old Markel Williams was stabbed to death on the grounds of William H. Lemmel Middle School, during school hours. 14-year-old Timothy Oxendine was tried as an adult and was convicted of first-degree murder. He initially faced up to 50 years of prison. In 2010, Oxendine was sentenced to 20 years of prison.|
|November 24, 2008||Cabaret,
|..., 16||1 dead||A 16-year-old shot and killed a 13-year-old classmate in Cabaret, Haiti, before fleeing the scene.|
|January 9, 2009||Chicago,
|Georgio Dukes, 18||5 injured||Five male teenagers leaving a basketball game held on the campus of Dunbar Vocational Career Academy, in the South Side area of Chicago, Illinois, received gunshot wounds after shots were fired from a passing vehicle. All five victims were sent to Chicago area hospitals, three of whom were treated for serious injuries. Police arrested 18-year-old Georgio Dukes a week after the shooting on five counts of aggravated battery with a firearm. Police determined that the attack was gang-related.|
|January 15, 2009||San Francisco,
|..., 14||1 injured||A 14-year-old female student was struck eight times with a pair of scissors in a classroom at Marina Middle School, in San Francisco, California, by another 14-year-old female classmate. The victim suffered wounds to the head, arms, chest, and back and was treated at a local hospital. The attacker was arraigned on charges of attempted murder and assault.|
|March 3, 2009||Auckland,
|Tae Won Chung, 17||1 injured||David Warren, a teacher at Avondale College, was stabbed in the back while writing on a whiteboard by 17-year-old Korean exchange student Tae Won Chung at the school. Warren was transported to a hospital with non-lifethreatening injuries. Chung was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment and ordered to pay NZ$10,000 in reparation.|
|March 6, 2009||Fayetteville,
|Terrance Donnell Johnson, Jr., 19||1 injured||A 15-year-old male was struck in the foot with a bullet at a parking lot of Westover High School, in Fayetteville, North Carolina. The shooting occurred when 19-year-old Terrance Donnell Johnson, Jr. fired several shots from a handgun at his opponents during a fashion show held at the school.|
|March 11, 2009||Winnenden,
|Tim Kretschmer, 17||16 dead||9 injured||Winnenden school shooting. 17-year-old graduate student Tim Kretschmer opened fire with a semi-automatic 9mm Beretta pistol in two classrooms at the Albertville-Realschule, in Winnenden, Germany, killing nine students and one teacher; another two teachers were shot to death in a hallway by Kretschmer as he fled the school. Kretschmer then killed a bystander outside a nearby psychiatric hospital, and fled by vehicle to Wendlingen, a neighboring town, where he killed two bystanders at a car dealership and instigated a gun-battle with police. Kretschmer committed suicide during the exchange of gunfire.|
|March 30, 2009||Pietermaritzburg,
|1 dead||17-year-old student Nhlanhla Buthelezi died from stab wounds to the chest and back outside a classroom of Amakholwa High School, near Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. The two assailants, a 17-year-old student and his 19-year-old cousin, fled the school.|
|April 29, 2009||Portmore,
|..., 15||1 injured||The Dean of Discipline of Ascot High School, in Portmore, Jamaica, was stabbed in the neck while inside his office by a 15-year-old student at the school. The dean was treated at a local hospital and released.|
|May 5, 2009||Canandaigua,
|Thomas Kane, 17||1 dead||A 17-year-old senior shot and killed himself in a bathroom at Canandaigua Academy in Canandaigua, New York. He had 30 rounds of ammunition and two explosive devices in his locker. Police said Thomas Kane used a sawed-off shotgun and died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound but did not use the Molotov cocktail-type devices, two glass bottles filled with liquid and rags, that were in his locker. The school was put on lockdown following the morning shooting and students were evacuated and taken to Canandaigua Middle School. No one else was hurt.|
|May 11, 2009||Sankt Augustin,
|Tanja Otto, 16||1 injured||A 16-year-old student, Tanja Otto, entered the Albert Einstein gymnasium (high school), in Sankt Augustin, Germany, carrying knives, incendiary explosives, gunpowder, a flamethrower, and an air-powered pistol. Otto attempted to torch the school but was confronted by another student in the girls' restroom, who Otto then slashed in the hand. The victim's thumb was severed and she was treated a local hospital. Otto subsequently fled the school, and was apprehended several hours later by police.|
|June 15, 2009||San Francisco,
|Jacquez Tucker, 18;
|3 injured||Three people, including two students, were injured after several shots were fired into a crowd as a summer school class was just released at International Studies Academy High School. The shooting occurred a block away from the campus. Police arrested an 18-year-old as an accessory in the shooting.|
|June 17, 2009||Mississauga,
|5 injured||Four students and a teacher suffered stab wounds after a fight at St. Joseph Secondary School, a Catholic high school in Mississauga, Ontario. Two of the injured students were transported to Credit Valley Hospital with severe stab wounds. Two students, ages 16 and 17, were later arrested and charged with attempted murder.|
|June 24, 2009||Parkersburg,
|Mark Becker, 24||1 dead||Mark Becker entered the weight room of Aplington-Parkersburg High School, in Parkersburg, Iowa, and shot football coach Ed Thomas inside. Thomas was airlifted to Covenant Medical Center in Waterloo, Iowa, where he later died of his wounds. Becker was arrested and charged with first-degree murder. Becker was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.|
|July 16, 2009||Ncabaneni, Swaziland||Sicelo Dlamini, 22||2 dead||10 injured||Three boys and eight girls were stabbed with a spear by Sicelo Dlamini at classrooms in Ncabaneni High School, in Ncabaneni, Swaziland, who was then chased and beaten to death by a mob of outraged students. Besides Dlamini, one of the wounded girls died at the scene.|
|August 24, 2009||San Mateo,
|Alex Robert Youshock, 17||Two pipe bombs went off in a hallway of Hillsdale High School, in San Mateo, California, during the beginning of first period classes. Nobody was injured from the explosions. Alex Youshock, a 17-year-old former student of the school, was held by staff members until police arrived and was found with eight other pipe bombs, a two-foot-long sword, and a chainsaw concealed in a guitar case. Youshock was subsequently arrested and charged as an adult with eight felonies. Youshock was sentenced to 25 years of prison.|
|August 31, 2009||Welkom,
|Jaco Stiglingh, 51||2 dead||Jaco Stiglingh, a teacher at Gimnasium High School in Welkom, South Africa shot and killed deputy principal Johan Liebenberg, 53, inside his office before turning the gun on himself and committing suicide.|
|September 11, 2009||Owosso,
|Harlan James Drake, 33||2 dead||James Pouillon, 63, was killed in a drive-by shooting in front of Owosso High School, in Michigan, where he was protesting against abortion. Several students witnessed the attack but none were injured. An hour later the body of business owner Mike Fuoss was found shot to death inside his office at Fuoss Gravel. Police arrested Harlan James Drake after the shootings and charged him with two counts of first-degree murder.|
|September 15, 2009||Coral Gables,
|Andy Rodriguez, 17||1 dead||Juan Carlos Rivera, a 17-year-old student of Coral Gables Senior High School, located in the Coral Gables suburb of Miami, Florida, was stabbed in the chest by another student and died. The stabbing happened during a fight between the two students, reportedly over a girl. 17-year-old student Andy Rodriguez was arrested for the crime. In November 2011, Rodriguez was sentenced to 40 years and 10 years of probation.|
|September 16, 2009||Antioch,
|Yousuf Mohammad Aziz, 19||1 injured||A 16-year-old student of Deer Valley High School, in Antioch, California, was shot in the arm and torso after an argument between two groups of young men. The shots were fired from a vehicle, which then drove off. The victim was lifted by air to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek and underwent surgery. Yousuf Mohammad Aziz, a 19-year-old graduate of Deer Valley, was arrested on September 18 in connection with the shooting. Aziz was found guilty of attempted murder, and was sentenced to 7 years to life in prison.|
|September 17, 2009||Ansbach,
|Georg R., 18||11 injured||Ansbach school attack. An 18-year-old student identified as Georg R. arrived at Carolinum High School in Ansbach, Germany armed with an axe, knives and Molotov cocktails. He injured nine students and a teacher at the school before he himself was shot by police. Two of the injured students as well as the attacker were reported to be in critical condition.|
|September 23, 2009||Tyler,
|1 dead||50-year-old Todd Henry, a special education teacher at John Tyler High School, was fatally stabbed by a student inside a classroom at the school. Henry later died of his injuries at a local hospital. The attacker was taken into custody.|
|October 16, 2009||Carolina Forest,
|Trevor Varinecz, 16||1 dead||1 injured||Trevor Varinecz, a junior at Carolina Forest High School, attacked and stabbed police officer Marcus Rhodes, the School Resource Officer, inside his office. Rhodes then shot Varinecz in self defense. Varinecz later died in hospital.|
|October 30, 2009||Long Beach,
|Tom Vinson, 16;
Daivion Davis, 16
|1 dead||2 injured||16-year-old Melody Ross, a junior at Wilson Classical High School, was fatally shot leaving a homecoming game at the school. Two males, aged 18 and 20, were also injured in the shooting. Tom Vinson and Daivion Davis were later arrested and charged with murder and two counts of attempted murder. Vinson was sentenced to 155 years of prison. Davis was sentenced to 8 years on a manslaughter charge.|
|January 20, 2010||Livingston,
|Telvin Gray, 32||1 dead||Telvin Gray shot and killed Starrick Gray, his estranged wife, at Livingston High School where she worked as a special education teacher. Telvin Gray then fled the scene but was later arrested by police and charged with murder.|
|January 26, 2010||Ngqeleni,
|Unknown, 25||2 dead||1 injured||After an argument a 25-year-old man shot and seriously wounded his girlfriend, who was working as a clerk at Jongingaba Junior-Secondary School. A 12-year-old girl was also killed inside a classroom by a stray bullet, before the gunman tried to escape. He was later caught and killed by an angry mob.|
|February 5, 2010||Madison,
|Hammad Memon, 14||1 dead||Todd Brown, a 14-year-old ninth-grade student, was shot in the back of the head in a hallway of Discovery Middle School in Madison, Alabama by another student, Hammad Memon. Brown was transported to a hospital in Huntsville, Alabama where he later died. In May 2013, Memon plead guilty to the murder of Brown, and was sentenced to 30 years of prison. After Memon is released from prison, he is likely to be deported to his native Pakistan.|
|February 15, 2010||Shorncliffe,
|..., 13||1 dead||Elliot Fletcher, a 12-year-old boy, was stabbed and killed on the grounds of St Patrick's College by a 13-year-old classmate. The two students were involved in an argument on the playground of the Catholic school before the stabbing took place.|
|February 18, 2010||Ludwigshafen,
|Florian K., 23||1 dead||Florian K., a 23-year-old former student armed with a knife and a starter pistol, stabbed and killed his former 58-year-old teacher at the vocational school "Technik 2" in Ludwigshafen. He was arrested shortly after. He was reportedly upset at the teacher for giving him low grades while he was a student at the school. Eight months later he was convicted of murder and sentenced to 14 years in prison and placement in a psychiatric facility.|
|February 23, 2010||Littleton,
|Bruco Strongeagle Eastwood, 32||2 injured||A 32-year-old gunman, identified as Bruco Strongeagle Eastwood, opened fire on students at Deer Creek Middle School at 3:30 pm (MST) as school was being let out in Littleton, Colorado. The gunman was later tackled by a math teacher and the teacher turned him into the police when they arrived on scene. The gunman shot and injured two students at the school before he was taken into custody. Eastwood was placed into a mental health facility for life.|
|March 16, 2010||Herlev,
|2 injured||Just before 2 pm (UTC +1), a dark car with the three alleged perpetrators pulled up in front of the main entrance of Herlev Gymnasium, where two students (17 and 19 years old), were stabbed in the back and in the shoulder outside of the school, near Copenhagen, Denmark.|
|March 17, 2010||Deerfield Beach,
|Wayne Treacy, 15||1 injured||15-year-old Wayne Treacy stomped and kicked 15-year-old Josie Lou Ratley's head repeatedly with steel-toed boots. The attack occurred at a bus stop on the grounds of Deerfield Beach Middle School, shortly after school was let out. Ratley was critically injured and was in a coma for several weeks, and underwent major surgery to repair a portion of her skull. In 2012, Treacy was found guilty of attempted first-degree murder and was sentenced to 20 years of prison and 10 years of probation.|
|March 30, 2010||Oshawa,
|Jacques Amakon, 18||1 dead||Michael McDonald, a 16-year-old student at Monsignor Paul Dwyer Catholic High School, was stabbed to death at a bus stop across from the school. Jacques Amakon, an 18-year-old student, was arrested after the stabbing and charged with second-degree murder. It was reported that the two students were involved in a dispute. In July 2012, Amakon was convicted of a lesser charge of manslaughter and was sentenced to 6 years of prison.|
|April 28, 2010||Portsmouth,
|Keith Elliott, 15||no injuries||At around 12:15 pm, a 15-year-old student at Woodrow Wilson High School who was suspended earlier in the week for disorderly conduct entered the school through the back door and fired three shots in the cafeteria, with two hitting the ceiling and one hitting entering the wall of a classroom. The suspect left the firearm and fled, but was later apprehended by a security officer and a school administrator. The shooter, identified as 15-year-old Keith Elliott, was charged as an adult with gun violations, armed burglary and assault.|
|June 10, 2010||Binghamton,
|20 or more injured||A brawl broke out among the students of Binghamton High School. It started as a food fight-prank in the cafeteria, then radiated out into the streets. Some police officers and school personnel suffered minor injuries, and at least one school administrator suffered more serious injuries. Over 100 students then gathered at Oak and Main streets and the situation rapidly degraded. Police broke up the incident. The skirmishes resulted in at least 9 students being arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and/or assault in the 2nd degree. The school was put on lockdown for the rest of the day.|
|July 2, 2010||Heredia, Costa Rica||..., 17||1 dead||Principal Nancy María Chaverri, 49, was shot in the head by a 17-year-old student while inside her office at Colegio Montebello, a private school in Heredia. Chaverri died of her gunshot wound on July 11, 2010.|
|July 2, 2010||London, England, United Kingdom||Three people||1 dead||1 injured||A 15-year-old student was stabbed to death during a fight at Park Campus School, an alternative school. Another teenager was hospitalized for minor wounds. Three people were arrested.|
|August 30, 2010||Blountville,
|Thomas Cowan, 62||1 dead||Thomas Cowan entered Sullivan Central High School with two loaded guns with the intent on killing principal Melanie Riden. SRO Carolyn Gudger was able to hold him off until back-up arrived, when they were forced to shoot and kill Cowan. No staff or students were injured.|
|September 8, 2010||Detroit, Michigan, United States||Steven Jamal Hare, 17||2 injured||Two students were shot and wounded in front of Mumford High School. A 17-year-old man, Steven Jamal Hare, was tried as an adult and charged with assault with intent to kill. In 2012, Hare was sentenced to 27 years of prison.|
|October 1, 2010||Salinas,
|1 dead||15-year-old student Jose Cisneros was shot to death on an athletic field at Alisal High School, as he was walking to school. Police said that the shooting was gang-related.|
|October 10, 2010||Santa Clarita,
|1 injured||A 16-year-old girl at William S. Hart High School was stabbed on the campus with a kitchen knife during a lunchtime fight over a boy with another female student. The victim was taken to Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital with a stab wound to the chest and the girl believed to have done the stabbing was also hospitalized with unspecified injuries.|
|October 24, 2010||Topeka,
|Coty R. Newman, 21,
Austin C. Tabor, 19,
Samantha L. Hochard, 20
|1 dead||1 injured||20-year-old Matthew C. Mitchell was shot to death on the grounds of Topeka West High School. An unidentified juvenile was also injured in the shooting but was expected to recover. Police arrested three suspects.|
|November 29, 2010||Marinette,
|Samuel Hengel, 15||1 dead||Samuel Hengel took 23 students and one teacher hostage for over 5 hours at Marinette High School after firing shots at a projector. The suspect, a student in the sophomore Western Civilization class, shot himself after police officers stormed the classroom shortly after 8 p.m. All hostages were removed safely. Hengel died at 10:44 the next morning|
|December 6, 2010||Aurora, Colorado, United States||Luis Enrique Guzman-Rincon, 20||1 injured||In a gang-related attack outside Aurora Central High School, a 17-year-old girl was shot and wounded. The wounds caused her to be paralyzed. Luis Enrique Guzman-Rincon, 20, fired shots from a car while students were standing outside the high school, trying to shoot at a group of students who were believed to be gang rivals. Guzman-Ricon was sentenced to 35 years in prison.|
|December 14, 2010||Panama City,
|Clay Duke, 56||1 dead||2010 Panama City school board shootings. A gunman named Clay Duke pulled out a gun during a school board meeting in the Panama City district. He ordered everyone but six male school board members to leave the room. He then aimed and shot at superintendent Bill Husfelt, who tried to talk him down before ducking to avoid getting shot. A security guard came in and shot Duke, and while on the ground, Duke committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.|
|January 5, 2011||Omaha,
|Robert Butler Jr., 17||2 dead||2 injured||Robert Butler Jr., after being suspended for destruction of property, entered Millard South High School at 12:45 PM. He then entered the office of 58-year-old Vice Principal Vicki Kaspar, and shot her five times in the chest and head. As staff and teachers took cover, 44-year-old Principal Curtis Case ran into the hall because of all the commotion, and was shot multiple times in the chest and hip. As Butler left he shot randomly around the front office, causing gunshot debris to give the school nurse minor injuries. He then threatened to kill a resource officer, and left campus before he later committed suicide in a parking lot. Shortly after, EMT arrived and transported Kaspar and Case to the hospital, where Kaspar later died of her injuries. During the event Millard South went into a lockdown which later included 21,000 students in the Millard district.|
|January 14, 2011||Vinnytsia,
|3 injured||A ninth grade student brought a pneumatic gun to his school and started a fight with other students. The assailant then shot indiscriminately at students in the school locker room. Three students received minor injuries.|
|March 25, 2011||Martinsville, Indiana, United States||Michael Phelps, 15||1 injured||Michael Phelps, a 15-year-old suspended student, returned to Martinsville West Middle School with a 9mm handgun. In the entrance of the school, Phelps encountered 15-year-old Chance Jackson and shot him twice in the abdomen. Phelps fled the school and dropped the handgun in a field and was arrested shortly after. As a result, Jackson suffered from life-threatening injuries and underwent surgery three times, and suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. Phelps was convicted of attempted murder in August 2011, and was sentenced to 30 years in prison and 5 years of probation. He will be eligible for parole in 2026.|
|March 30, 2011||Houston,
|1 dead||5 injured||An 18-year-old man died and five other people were injured when two people opened fire during a football game at Worthing High School in Houston. Police suspected that the shooting was gang-related.|
|May 23, 2011||Pearl City, Hawaii, United States||14-year-old male suspect||1 injured||A 14-year-old student is accused of firing a handgun on the campus of Highlands Intermediate School, wounding one student. The gunman was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. Two other suspects were arrested in connection with the shooting.|
|August 10, 2011||Memphis, Tennessee,
|Eduardo Marmolejo, 16||1 dead||Suzette York, 49, the principal of Memphis Junior Academy, was stabbed to death in a classroom by 16-year-old student Eduardo Marmolejo. Marmolejo was tried as an adult and charged with second-degree murder. In September 2013, Marmolejo was convicted of murder and was sentenced to 35 years in prison with no chance of parole.|
|September 16, 2011||Arroyo, Puerto Rico, United States||..., 14||37 injured||A 14-year-old girl stabbed 37 students with a hypodermic needle at Escuela Intermedia José D. Choudens in Arroyo, United States |
|September 30, 2011||South Gate, California, United States||Abraham Lopez, 18||1 Dead||2 Injured||On Friday, September 30, 2011, 18-year-old Abraham Lopez male student had an altercation with another 17-year-old female student (reportedly his former girlfriend) during lunch time. Lopez allegedly stabbed his former girlfriend, a female school dean, and another male student that tried to break up the fight. His former girlfriend died during surgery at St. Francis Medical Center in Lynnwood. Lopez was booked and charged with murder. The other two were treated for laceration injuries.|
|October 24, 2011||Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States||Charles Underwood, 15||1 injured||A 15-year-old girl was shot in the neck at Cape Fear High School. She was hospitalized for two months at Duke University Hospital in serious condition. A .22-caliber rifle was used in the attack. A student of the school,15-year-old Charles Underwood, was arrested and charged with attempted murder. Underwood was convicted of attempted first-degree murder and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.|
|October 24, 2011||Everett, Washington, United States||Female student, 15||2 injured||A 15-year-old student stabbed two female students with a butcher knife at Snohomish High School. One of the victims was stabbed 20 times, mainly in the heart and lungs, and was critically injured. The victims were both chosen at random, and the victims and suspect did not know each other. The attacker was convicted of attempted murder and was sentenced to 13 years in prison.|
|December 2, 2011||Gwinnett County, Georgia, United States||Ninth grade student||1 injured||A 9th grade student deliberately slammed a door on the hand of a teacher at Meadowcreek High School. The teacher was rushed to a hospital had to have a part of her finger amputated. The student was charged with aggravated battery.|
|December 9, 2011||Edinburg, Texas, United States||2 injured||Two students were shot after school at Harwell Middle School in Edinburg, Texas while trying out for their school's basketball team. The shooting allegedly occurred from an adult off campus who was apparently shooting on a target range.|
|December 21, 2011||New York City, New York, United States||16-year-old male suspect||1 injured||A student at Erasmus Hall High School was critically injured after being stabbed in the head repeatedly with a pair of scissors. A 16-year-old student was arrested and charged with attempted murder.|
|January 10, 2012||Houston, Texas, United States||18-year-old male suspect||1 injured||One student was shot and injured after another student opened fire at North Forest High School. The student said that he was being confronted by three other students who were bullying him, and he took out a handgun and fired at them in self-defense. A 16-year-old bystander was unintentionally hit in the leg. The 18-year-old suspect was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.|
|February 27, 2012||Chardon,
|T.J. Lane, 17||3 dead||3 injured||Chardon High School shooting. Six students were shot at Chardon High School. One student, Daniel Parmentor, died at the scene, and on February 28, two other students, Russell King and Demetrius Hewlin, also died. One of the three others wounded was in critical condition. The shooter, Thomas "T.J." Lane, was taken into police custody. In March 2013, Lane was convicted of the crimes and was sentenced to life in prison without parole.|
|March 1, 2012||Sulaimaniyah, Kurdistan, Iraq||Biyar Sarwar, 18||2 dead||18-year-old Biyar Sarwar shot American gym teacher Jeremiah Small three times in the head and chest, at Medes High School, a private Christian academy school. Small died in the classroom. Biyar then turned the gun on himself and fired another round into his head, and was pronounced dead in a hospital.|
|March 1, 2012||Chicago, Illinois, United States||Christian Gonzalez, 17||1 dead||1 injured||17-year-old Chris Wormley was stabbed to death on the front steps of AMIKids Infinity Charter School. Another 17-year-old student was arrested. The suspect was charged as an adult with murder and attempted murder.|
|March 6, 2012||Jacksonville, Florida, United States||Shane Schumerth, 28||2 dead||At Episcopal School of Jacksonville, fired Spanish teacher Shane Schumerth, 28, shot and killed head of school Dale Regan before committing suicide. Schumerth, who had been struggling with depression, was fired for incompetency around 8:30 a.m. on March 6, 2012 and escorted off school grounds. He returned to the campus at 1:15 p.m. with an AK-47 assault rifle concealed in a guitar case. He entered Regan's office and shot her multiple times before turning the gun on himself.|
|March 19, 2012||Toulouse, France||Mohammed Merah, 23||4 dead||1 injured||2012 Midi-Pyrénées shootings. As part of a series of three gun attacks in Toulouse and Montauban, an Islamic French citizen who claimed to be a member of al-Qaeda, shot and killed three children and one Rabbi; and seriously injured another student at the Ozar Hatorah Jewish day school.|
|May 7, 2012||Adelaide, Australia||no injuries||A Year eight student took a revolver on the grounds of Modbury High School, firing shots, nobody was injured.|
|May 19, 2012||Brindisi, Italy||Giovanni Vantaggiato, 68||1 dead||5 injured||2012 Brindisi school bombing. A three gas cylinder bomb hidden in a large rubbish bin exploded in front of the Morvillo Falcone high school in Brindisi, Italy, killing one 16-year-old female student and injuring five others - one seriously. The bomber was identified and arrested on June 6.|
|May 25, 2012||Sankt Poelten, Austria||Unidentified male, 37||1 dead||1 injured||Shortly after 8:00 local time, an armed 37-year-old man invaded Volksschule Wagram in Sankt Poelten, Austria and hauled his two children out of the classroom, the girl managed to escape so he took his 8-year-old son to a cloakroom and shot him in the head critically injuring him. The father then escaped from the school in a car and later committed suicide after he crashed his car on a local farm road. The most likely motive of his actions is that he wanted to get revenge on his wife.</ref>|
|August 16, 2012||Memphis, Tennessee, United States||2 injured||Two Hamilton High School students were shot and wounded in the parking lot of the school. The attack was believed to be gang-related.|
|August 27, 2012||Perry Hall, Maryland, United States||Robert Wayne Gladden, Jr., 15||1 injured||Robert Gladden, 15, took a double barrel shotgun to Perry Hall High School and fired shots inside the school cafeteria. A 17-year-old senior with Down syndrome was hit in the lower back while he was sitting at a table and suffered critical wounds. Gladden was immediately subdued by two school faculty members, and was arrested. He was tried as an adult for attempted murder and was sentenced to 35 years in prison.|
|September 7, 2012||Normal, Illinois, United States||14-year-old arrested||A student fired multiple gunshots in the ceiling of Normal Community High School, and was tackled by a teacher. Nobody was injured. A 14-year-old student was arrested and is charged with 16 felony counts.|
|October 9, 2012||Norfolk, England, United Kingdom||17-year-old student||1 injured||A student stabbed another student in the shoulder and elbow at Langley School. The 17-year-old suspect was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.|
|October 24, 2012||Hopewell, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa||Two students||1 dead||2 injured||16-year-old Nkosingiphile Ngcamu was dragged off the campus of Umlulama Secondary School and fatally stabbed. Two students who were injured during the stabbing were arrested for Ngcamu's death.|
|January 10, 2013||Taft, California, United States||Bryan Oliver, 16 (charged)||2 injured||A gunman entered a science classroom of Taft Union High School with a 12 gauge shotgun and opened fire. A 16-year-old male student, identified as Bowe Cleveland, was shot in the chest and critically wounded. Another student was shot at, but was not hit. The classroom teacher, Ryan Heber, convinced him to drop his weapon, and the gunman followed his order and was later arrested. Additionally, Heber suffered a minor wound from being grazed by a shotgun pellet during the ordeal. The gunman is suspected to be a 16-year-old student of the school, Bryan Oliver. Cleveland and the other student that was shot at are both believed to be intended targets of the gunman. On January 14, Oliver was charged with two counts of attempted murder and assault with a firearm.|
|January 12, 2013||Detroit, Michigan, United States||1 injured||A 16-year-old boy was shot in a field across the school campus after a basketball game was held at Osborn High School. He was hospitalized in serious condition.|
|January 16, 2013||Spring Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania, United States||14-year-old male student||1 injured||A 14-year-old male student stabbed another 14-year-old male student four times with a pocketknife at Wilson Southern Middle School. The victim was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. The school and an adjacent elementary school went on lock down, and the assailant was arrested after fleeing from the school. The assailant was tried as a juvenile for attempted homicide. In February 2013, he was sentenced to 12 months at a juvenile treatment facility. He will receive periodical evaluation after his sentence finishes.|
|January 31, 2013||Phoenix, Arizona, United States||An argument over turf and respect between two rival gangs escalated to what police described as a "gun battle" at Cesar Chavez High School in Phoenix. Approximately fifteen shots were fired in the vicinity of people waiting to get into a scheduled boys' basketball game. Nobody was injured.|
|January 31, 2013||Atlanta, Georgia, United States||Name and age withheld||2 injured||A 14-year-old male student was shot and wounded in the back of the neck at Price Middle School. The gunman, a student, was believed to be arguing with the other student before taking out a handgun and firing multiple shots at him. In addition, a teacher was injured during the shooting. Afterward, the gunman was disarmed by a school resource officer and subsequently apprehended. The suspect was charged with aggravated assault.|
|March 2013||Cape Town, South Africa||1 injured||A grade nine Oscar Mpetha High School was stabbed twice in the stomach and sustained cuts to the head.|
|April 25, 2013||Mankgodi, Botswana||Student charged||1 injured||A student was stabbed and severely wounded at Thobega Junior Secondary School by another student.|
|May 7, 2013||Savannah, Georgia, United States||Student charged||1 injured||A 13-year-old female student was stabbed by another female student at DeRenne Middle School. She was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries to the head, shoulder and right arm. The suspect was charged with aggravated assault, possession of a weapon on school property and disrupting public school.|
|May 14, 2013||Cape Town, South Africa||1 dead||17-year-old Enrico Martin was shot in the head while he was entering Spes Bona High School. He later died in a hospital. Authorities believe that the attack was gang-related. No arrests have been made.|
|June 20, 2013||West Palm Beach, Florida, United States||2 dead||Two custodians at Alexander W. Dreyfoos School were shot and killed. The deceased were Christopher Marshall, 48, and his boss Ted Orama, 56. A third custodian was suspected in the killings and was apparently on the lam.|
|July 6, 2013||Yobe State, Nigeria||Multiple gunmen||42 dead||6 injured||Yobe State school shooting: Suspected Boko Haram militants opened fire on students and deployed explosives before setting the building on fire. 42 were killed.|
|August 23, 2013||Sardis, Mississippi, United States||Three male suspects||1 dead||2 injured||A student, Roderick Bobo, 15, was shot dead during a football game at North Panola High School in what was termed as a gang-related shooting. Two others were injured in the shooting, and three men were charged as being responsible for the crime.|
|August 26, 2013||North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Six male suspects||3 injured||Six non-student suspects robbed and pistol whipped a juvenile student for his cell phone at Canyon Springs High School. The suspects then pistol whipped a second student. Afterward, another student was beaten in a brawl with the suspects in the school parking lot. One of the students struck by the handgun suffered fractures to his skull, cheekbone, and ribs. Six suspects were arrested, and face charges of robbery and battery with a deadly weapon.|
|September 1, 2013||Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States||18-year-old male suspect||1 injured||A 15-year-old student was shot in the neck and shoulder at Carver High School. The student was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. An 18-year-old student was arrested by a school resource officer and was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, carrying a concealed gun, possessing and discharging a firearm, and carrying a firearm onto educational property. The shooting is believed to be the result of an ongoing dispute between the suspect and the victim.|
|September 4, 2013||Spring, Texas, United States||Luis Alonzo Alfaro, 17 (charged)||1 dead||3 injured||Spring High School stabbing. A 17-year-old student was stabbed to death at Spring High School, and three others were injured. Luis Alonzo Alfaro age 17, was charged with murder. Alfaro admitted pulling a knife during the fight and stabbing four people. In September 2014, Alfaro was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 20 years of prison.|
|September 20, 2013||Vereeniging, South Africa||One student arrested||1 injured||A student shot a teacher in the leg at Sasolburg High School. A Grade 9 student was arrested.|
|September 24, 2013||Greeneville, Tennessee, United States||17-year-old male suspect||1 injured||A 15-year-old student was stabbed and injured at South Greene High School before classes started. Students subdued the assailant until staff members arrived on scene. The victim was hospitalized in stable condition. The suspect, a student, was charged with attempted first-degree murder. The suspect, Jacob Mitchell, is being tried as an adult for attempted murder. Mitchell faces up to 15 to 25 years of prison if convicted.|
|October 3, 2013||Cape Town, South Africa||1 dead||A New Eisleben High School student, 17-year-old Anele Mhawuli, was stabbed and fatally wounded. The incident was believed to be gang-related.|
|October 4, 2013||Pine Hills, Florida, United States||2 injured||A 16-year-old student was shot in the hip at Agape Christian Academy after a fight broke out at 2 pm. An innocent bystander was hit in his ankle by a stray bullet or shrapnel. The two victims were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. The suspected shooter reportedly fled in a car with several other males. He was not caught.|
|October 7, 2013||Lincoln, Nebraska, United States||1 injured||A female student was stabbed and injured in the restroom of Pius X High School. A female student was arrested and is tried as an adult with first-degree aggravated assault and use of a deadly weapon.|
|October 8, 2013||Johannesburg, South Africa||1 dead||At Kgothalang Secondary School, a 17-year-old pupil was stabbed in the chest, shoulder and abdomen during break time. He died at the scene. The alleged killer, a Grade 10 pupil, jumped over the school fence and fled.|
|October 10, 2013||Oulu, Finland||16-year-old male suspect||4 injured||A 16-year-old Myllytulli vocational school student stabbed 3 girls and a janitor during lunch hour. The suspect had been questioned by the police in February for a school shooting threat he had made on the internet.|
|October 21, 2013||Sparks, Nevada, United States||Jose Reyes, 12||2 dead||2 injured||At approximately 7:15 am, a 12-year-old seventh grade student, Jose Reyes, opened fire with a Ruger 9 mm semi-automatic handgun at Sparks Middle School. A 12-year-old male student was hit in the shoulder and wounded. A teacher, Michael Landsberry, tried to intervene with Reyes and was fatally shot in the chest, while standing on a playground. Reyes then shot and wounded another male student in the abdomen who tried to come to Landsberry's assistance as he fell onto the ground. The shooter then committed suicide from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. Students from the middle school were placed into an adjacent elementary school, and students from both schools were held at Sparks High School, where they waited for their guardians to pick them up.|
|October 22, 2013||Danvers, Massachusetts, United States||Philip Chism, 14 (charged)||1 dead||Colleen Ritzer, a 24-year-old algebra teacher was punched several times and then stabbed to death with a box cutter inside a restroom on the second floor of Danvers High School. Ritzer's body was then disposed. Her body was found in the woods behind the school's campus. On October 23, police arrested a 14-year-old student and booked him on a charge of murder. He will be tried as an adult. On November 21, 2013, Philip Chism was indicted on charges of murder, aggravated rape and armed robbery. On December 15, 2015 Chism was found guilty of these charges.|
|November 3, 2013||Lithonia, Georgia, United States||2 injured||A Stephenson High School student and a janitor were shot in an apparent confrontation between team members and a group of teens who were not attending the school. Both were innocent bystanders in the ordeal.|
|November 6, 2013||Morgantown, West Virginia, United States||Male suspects, 14 and 17||2 injured||According to police and witnesses, a 14-year-old student stabbed a 17-year-old student at Morgantown High School, after he was attacked by the older student. The 17-year-old was stabbed in the arms and chest multiple times, and was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries. The 14-year-old student was charged with unlawful assault and possessing a weapon on school grounds, and the 17-year-old was charged with battery.|
|November 13, 2013||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States||Six suspects arrested||3 injured||After classes ended, at least one gunman came out of the woods and opened fire on three students as they were walking to their cars at Brashear High School. One student was grazed in the head, another was struck in the neck and shoulder, and a third was hit in the leg and foot. Six people were taken into custody. The shooting is believed to be drug-related.|
|November 13, 2013||New Braunfels, Texas, United States||Student male suspect||1 dead||A 15-year-old student died after being punched twice as he was exiting a classroom at Canyon High School. The attacker was charged in connection with the student's death.|
|December 4, 2013||Winter Garden, Florida, United States||J'Morian Bell, 17 (charged)||1 injured||A 15-year-old student was shot and wounded by a 17-year-old student near a soccer field on the campus of West Orange High School. The shooting occurred after a fight broke out between the two students. The 17-year-old suspected shooter was taken into custody several miles away from the school, and is charged with attempted murder, aggravated battery with a firearm, possession of a firearm by a minor and possession of a firearm on school grounds. The suspect is a documented gang member.|
|December 13, 2013||Centennial, Colorado, United States||Karl Pierson, 18||2 dead||18-year-old male student Karl Pierson opened fire with a shotgun at Arapahoe High School, critically wounding a 17-year-old female student, Claire Davis. Pierson then committed suicide by shooting himself. Davis died from her injuries eight days later. It was reported that Pierson was looking for the school librarian who had disciplined him, and intended to shoot him, but the faculty member had left the building before the shooting.|
|December 13, 2013||Vallejo, California, United States||1 injured||A male student's head was slashed with a knife at Vallejo High School, allegedly by a 15-year-old female student. The suspect was arrested and charged.|
|December 16, 2013||Bradenton, Florida, United States||2 injured||A student stabbed two students with scissors at Lee Middle School. He was charged with aggravated battery.|
|December 19, 2013||Fresno, California, United States||Four suspects||1 injured||Four teens went into Edison High School in what was believed as a gang-initiation process. After accosting a 62-year-old woman about a mile away from school grounds, they found an athletic trainer who taught at Edison High and shot him several times in the leg and stomach. It took a few days for the youths to get caught, and this was cinched when the 62-year-old woman and some surveillance video gave police the information they needed.|
|January 9, 2014||Jackson, Tennessee, United States||16-year-old male suspect||1 injured||A 16-year-old student was charged with bringing a gun to school at Liberty Technology Magnet High School in Jackson, Tennessee and shooting a fellow classmate in the thigh. The incident occurred outside the front of the school.|
|January 12, 2014||San Antonio, Texas, United States||13-year-old male suspect||1 injured||A 13-year-old Devine Middle School student allegedly stabbed and injured a band teacher on school campus. The suspect was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in a weapons free zone.|
|January 13, 2014||New Haven, Connecticut, United States||1 injured||A 14-year-old boy was shot outside of a basketball game at the Hillhouse High School athletic facility, suffering wounds in his hand and leg.|
|January 14, 2014||Roswell, New Mexico, United States||Mason Campbell, 12 (charged)||3 injured||Two people were shot and wounded inside the gymnasium at Berrendo Middle School, at about 8:10 am. An 11-year-old boy and a 13-year-old girl were airlifted to a hospital in Lubbock, Texas in critical condition. A 12-year-old suspect, Mason Campbell, was arrested at the scene after a teacher convinced him to drop the shotgun. A staff member received minor injuries. Campbell is facing charges of three counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, and can be held in a juvenile detention facility until he turns 21 years old.|
|January 17, 2014||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States||Reisheem Rochwell, 17 (charged)||2 injured||Two students were shot and injured in the gymnasium of Delaware Valley Charter School in Philadelphia. Another student turned himself in to the police following the shooting. A 17-year-old student, Reisheem Rochwell, was arrested and charged as an adult for attempted murder.|
|January 17, 2014||Albany, Georgia, United States||Rico Cheyenn Fields, 16 (charged)||1 injured||At Albany High School, Brenton Helstock was shot once in the left forearm after a verbal altercation with a suspect now identified as 16-year-old Rico Cheyenn Fields.|
|January 27, 2014||Carbondale, Illinois, United States||Omari A. Tinsley, 18 (charged)||1 injured||A group of students at Rebound High School got in an argument in the school's parking lot. One student pulled out a gun and shot another student in the ensuing altercation. Omari A. Tinsley is facing charges of attempted murder.|
|January 28, 2014||Honolulu, Hawai'i, United States||17-year-old male student||2 injured||A 17-year-old boy was shot in the wrist after attacking police officers with a kitchen knife at President Theodore Roosevelt High School.|
|January 31, 2014||Des Moines, Iowa, United States||1 injured||After a basketball game at North High School, there was gunfire in a parking lot of the school. 6 males in a black jeep had come moments before the shooting and returned at the time it happened. I 15-year.old girl was injured by a ricocheting bullet. While officers were gaining control of the area, teachers on the scene led students into the school building for safety.|
|February 3, 2014||Moscow, Russia||Sergey Gordeyev, 15-16 (charged)||2 dead||1 injured||2014 Moscow school shooting. A high school student armed with two rifles forced his way past a security guard at School No. 263, took hostages, and killed his geography teacher. He then killed a police officer and wounded another who arrived at the scene. He later released the hostages and was captured by the police after his father came to the school. The suspect was identified as Sergey Gordeyev.|
|February 3, 2014||San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago||2 injured||A 14-year-old student stabbed his 15-year-old classmate and then slit his wrists at Presentation College.|
|February 4, 2014||New South Wales, Australia||1 injured||At Shoalhaven High School, 14-year-old student was stabbed once in the chest and was hospitalized for serious injuries.|
|February 5, 2014||Morvant, Trinidad and Tobago||2 injured||At Russel Latapy Secondary School, two 14-year-old students got into an altercation and one of them took out a knife and stabbed the other in the back. The victim was treated at Morvant Health Centre.|
|February 10, 2014||Salisbury, North Carolina, United States||1 injured||A 16-year-old student was shot in the stomach on the campus of Salisbury High School. A 17-year-old suspect is wanted in connection with the shooting.|
|February 10, 2014||Lyndhurst, Ohio, United States||No injuries||Five shots were fired in the parking lot of Charles F. Brush High School, in Lyndhurst, Ohio, including one which hit an unoccupied police car. No one was reported to be injured, though a school basketball game was going on at the time.|
|March 25, 2014||Lilburn, Georgia, United States||1 injured||A 16-year-old student, David Egan, was beaten in the locker room of Parkview High School, during weightlifting class. Egan received reconstructive surgery for injuries to his face. The suspected attacker faces aggravated battery charges.|
|March 25, 2014||College Park, Georgia, United States||An argument between students led to shots being fired in a Benjamin Banneker High School parking lot during the afternoon. Investigators believe multiple people were present when shots were fired, but it was not known how many could face charges for the incident. No one was injured in the shooting.|
|March 25, 2014||Ontario, California, United States||Female student, 16||1 injured||A 16-year-old stabbed another 16-year-old girl during a fight at Valley View High School The attacker was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.|
|March 26, 2014||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States||Female student, 19||1 injured||A 19-year-old student stabbed another student in the shoulder with a steak knife during a fight at Cambridge Rindge and Latin School. The 19-year-old student was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon on school grounds.|
|March 30, 2014||Ashdod, Israel||Student, 15||1 injured||A 15-year-old student was stabbed and moderately wounded at a high school. The victim was stabbed twice in the chest with a sharp object during an altercation with another student, and was subsequently hospitalized. A 15-year-old suspect fled the scene and was apprehended.|
|April 9, 2014||Murrysville, Pennsylvania, United States||Alex Hribal, 16 (charged)||25 injured||In the Murrysville stabbing, 16-year-old student Alex Hribal allegedly went on a stabbing rampage through classrooms and halls of the Franklin Regional High School. The student was apprehended and was in custody, being interrogated by police. Police said the motive was unknown and identified the student as a sophomore. Seven out of the 22 injured sustained 'life-threatening wounds' to the torso-and-back.|
|April 9, 2014||Greenville, North Carolina, United States||Just after the lunch hour, at D. H. Conley High School, a car drove past the school and witnesses said an occupant reached out of a car window and fired shots in the direction of the school. This incident occurred on Worthington and Tull Roads, directly in front of the school. No one was injured.|
|April 11, 2014||Detroit, Michigan, United States||Four suspects||1 dead||After a Friday evening student awards night, called Grammy Night, 4 men who were affiliated with a gang fired into a crowd in the parking lot of Detroit East English Preparatory Academy and one nineteen-year-old teen, Darryl Smith, was fatally shot in the head. Smith was not a student at the academy.|
|April 12, 2014||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa||Multiple suspects||4 injured||Four students were stabbed and injured during a fight on a school bus. One of the students suffered severe facial injuries. The incident is believed to be gang-related.|
|April 15, 2014||Brampton, Ontario, Canada||Three suspects||1 injured||A 17-year-old male student was stabbed in the hallway of St. Roch Catholic Secondary School, and was hospitalized for non-life-threatening injuries. Three students were arrested in connection with the incident.|
|April 17, 2014||Cape Town, South Africa||Three suspects||1 dead||A 15-year-old Groot Brak High School student was stabbed after he boarded on a school bus. He died later at a hospital. The 15-year-old suspect was arguing with the victim about a seat. He was arrested.|
|April 18, 2014||Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States||Kimanie King, 18 (charged)||1 injured||A 16-year-old was stabbed with a pocket knife three times at Piper High School during an argument about a basketball game. An 18-year-old student was arrested and charged.|
|April 25, 2014||Milford, Connecticut, United States||Chris Plaskon, 16 (charged)||1 dead||A 16-year-old female student was stabbed to death in the hallways of Jonathan Law High School. A 16-year-old student was arrested. The attack may have been connected to a prom invitation.|
|April 28, 2014||Leeds, England, United Kingdom||Will Cornick, 15||1 dead||Spanish teacher Ann Maguire, 61, was stabbed in the neck and back by 15-year-old student, she was taken to Leeds General Infirmary following the attack but later pronounced dead.A 15-year-old Will Cornick was detained by teaching staff at Corpus Christi Catholic College and later arrested.On November 9 of the same year he was sentenced to life with minimum of 20 years.|
|April 29, 2014||Dover, Delaware, United States||Five unidentified students, 15-17||1 injured||A student was beaten on a school bus that was heading to students' homes from Parkway Academy Central. The beating was recorded and appeared on social media websites. Five students were charged with third-degree assault and third-degree conspiracy in connection with the attack. The victim did not suffer serious injuries.|
|May 1, 2014||Los Banos, California, United States||Unnamed student, 14 (charged)||1 injured||A 13-year-old student was stabbed and injured during a school fire drill for Los Banos Junior High School. A 14-year-old classmate was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in connection with the incident. A folding knife was believed to be the weapon used. The victim was hospitalized for nearly one week for non-critical injuries.|
|May 2, 2014||Atizapan, Mexico||Edgar Yoevani, 15 (charged)||1 dead||13-year-old Ricardo Ordonez was shot and killed at a school. 15-year-old Edgar Yoevani was arrested.|
|May 6, 2014||Richmond, California, United States||1 injured||A 14-year-old student was injured during a drive-by shooting in front of John F. Kennedy High School at 8:30 am. He was shot as he was running towards the school campus after a fight took place. The student suffered a serious but stable injury to his leg. Police were searching for a suspect.|
|June 10, 2014||Troutdale, Oregon United States||Jared Michael Padgett, 15||2 dead||1 injured||A lone gunman dressed in black body armor and wearing a helmet entered Reynolds High School, killing 14-year-old Emilio Hoffman, injured a physical education teacher and then turned the gun on himself. The school went under immediate lockdown and students evacuated. Police later confirmed that one student and the gunman had died in the shooting, though they didn't comment on whether the gunman was killed by law enforcement or killed himself. It was later confirmed that Padgett had killed himself.|
|September 3, 2014||Lingayen, Pangasinan, Philippines||Domino Alipio||4 dead||3 injured||A police officer, Domino Alipio, went into Pangasinan National High School to collect loan payments from teachers. The teachers and agents refused to give Alipio them, and he then opened fire on them, killing four and wounding three. He was arrested along with his driver afterward.|
|September 9, 2014||Miami, Florida, United States||1 injured||Towards the end of the school day, one alternative school student in Miami was shot as a small group of students tussled. The injury was minor, requiring hospitalization, and five young adults were later questioned.|
|September 22, 2014||Toronto, Ontario, Canada||Suspect, 17||1 dead||19-year-old student Hamid Aminzada stabbed to death at North Albion Collegiate Institute. A 17-year-old student is suspected of the stabbing death.|
|September 27, 2014||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States||Suspect, 16||1 dead||A 17-year-old died from being punched by a 16-year-old student at Abraham Lincoln High School. Charges were dismissed against the 16-year-old student.|
|September 30, 2014||Albemarle, North Carolina, United States||Suspect, 16||1 injured||A 16-year-old was shot and wounded at Albemarle High School. One student was arrested.|
|September 30, 2014||Louisville, Kentucky, United States||Suspect, 15||1 injured||A 16-year-old was shot and wounded at Fern Creek High School. A suspect was arrested.|
|October 3, 2014||Fairburn, Georgia, United States||Eric Dana Johnson Jr., 18 (charged)||1 dead||After a homecoming football game, the fatal shooting of Kristofer Hunter, 17, occurred in the Langston Hughes High School parking lot. The suspect, Eric Dana Johnson Jr., 18, turned himself in a week later.|
|October 13, 2014||Midlothian, Virginia, United States||1 injured||Manchester High School stabbing; Victim was stabbed in the band room, suspect arrested.|
|October 24, 2014||Marysville, Washington, United States||Jaylen Fryberg, 15||5 dead||2 injured||Marysville Pilchuck High School shooting. Jaylen Fryberg, a freshman student, opened fire in the cafeteria of Marysville Pilchuck High School, killing one student and wounding four others. Three more victims die on other days while in the hospital. Fryberg shot himself at the end of the attack.|
|October 24, 2014||Utsjoki, Finland||31-year-old adult student||1 dead||One killed in a stabbing at a high school in Utsjoki. The 31-year-old suspect had a previous criminal record.|
|October 27, 2014||Viljandi, Estonia||Unnamed student, 15||1 dead||A 15-year-old student shot and killed Ene Sarap, his German language teacher at the Paalalinna School in Viljandi. Four other students were also present during the shooting. On October 20, 2015 he was sentenced to nine years in jail. The incident represents the only case of a school shooting in Estonia.|
|November 20, 2014||Miami, Florida, United States||1 dead||1 injured||Two teens were shot Thursday during a fight on Miami Carol City High School property. One of the boys who was shot died.|
|December 12, 2014||Portland, Oregon, United States||Unknown||4 injured||On December 12, 2014, an unknown gunman shot three students outside Rosemary Anderson High School in north Portland, two boys and one girl, were "conscious and breathing" as they were rushed to a local hospital another student was grazed in the foot by a bullet and treated at the scene.Later police arrested 18-year-old Marquel Dugas and 22-year-old Lonzo Murphy, during Murphy's arrest, a handgun was located and seized by police.Also police arrested Lonzo's brother Marquise Murphy as a third suspect in the case.|
|January 15, 2015||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States||Michael Riley, 37||3 injured||A 15-year-old boy, a student’s father, and a teacher were each injured at Wisconsin Lutheran High School shooting that occurred Thursday night in the school parking lot at Wisconsin Lutheran High School. The student had unspecified injuries that were treated.Riley was on federal probation for drug-related charges when he committed the shooting.|
|January 16, 2015||Ocala, Florida, United States||2 injured||Two were injured in gunfire that occurred after a Friday night basketball game at Vanguard High School. A 14-year-old female student was injured directly by a bullet while a 19-year-old woman was injured by ricocheting glass.|
|January 23, 2015||Los Angeles, California, United States||Suspects, 13 and 14||1 dead||14-year-old Steven Cruz was fatally stabbed with a pair of scissors while he was meeting with friends at the corridor of David Wark Griffith Middle School, shortly after classes were being dismissed. Two male suspects, aged 13 and 14, were arrested and charged with murder and gang enhancements.|
|February 4, 2015||Frederick, Maryland, United States||2 injured||Two students were shot outside Frederick High School near the gymnasium of Frederick High School during a junior varsity (JV) boys' basketball game. Approximately 200 students, staff, and faculty were placed on lockdown for several hours after the shooting while police searched for the suspects. No suspects have been apprehended, although witnesses report seeing four black males dressed all in black who are considered by police to be suspects in this shooting.|
|February 15, 2015||Merced, California, United States||Two suspects||1 dead||A 16-year-old boy was shot dead in a parking lot of Tenaya Middle School, after school hours. Two suspects, aged 20 and 17, were arrested. The shooting was reportedly over jealousy of a female.|
|March 10, 2015||Spring Valley, New York, United States||Suspect, 16||1 injured||A 17-year-old was stabbed four times and seriously injured at Spring Valley High School. A 16-year-old was arrested and charged as an adult with attempted murder.|
|March 26, 2015||Martinez, California, United States||Suspect, 13||1 injured||A 13-year-old student stabbed an 11-year-old student in the back at Martinez Junior High School. The victim received non-life threatening injuries, and the suspect was arrested.|
|April 16, 2015||Paradis, Louisiana, United States||1 injured||A police officer was shot outside a school in a school zone while he was directing school buses into a school. The school was J.B. Martin Middle School, and the suspect was apprehended at the scene.|
|April 20, 2015||Barcelona, Spain||Max Porta, 13||1 dead||4 injured||Barcelona school killing A 13-year-old boy armed with a crossbow and a machete killed a teacher and injured 4. The first ever student to organise a school shooting in Spain had a breakdown when his PE teacher managed to talk to him, then proceeded to sit in a classroom until the police arrived. Under the Spanish law, the boy is exempt from legal responsibility because he's under 14 years of age.|
|April 22, 2015||Desert Hot Springs, California, United States||Suspect, 12||1 injured||A 13-year-old student was stabbed by a 12-year-old classmate at Painted Hills Middle School. The suspect was arrested, and the victim received non-life threatening injuries.|
|April 27, 2015||Lacey, Washington, United States||Suspect, 16||No injuries||In the North Thurston High School Shooting, a student at North Thurston High School walked into the commons area and fired two shots into the ceiling from a .357 magnum pistol. Brady Olson, a teacher at the school, was able to tackle the student before they could turn the gun on other students. No one was injured or killed.|
|May 3, 2015||Midrand, South Africa||1 dead||A student was stabbed to death with scissors at the Tsosoloso Ya Afrika secondary school.|
|May 12, 2015||Jacksonville, Florida, United States||Edgar Robles, 16||2 injured||Robles is accused of shooting 15-year-olds Ayana Sherman and Shakayla Singleton while both were riding on a packed school bus.Before the shooting Robles and two friends made threats towards the victims to fight them as part of revenge plot because of previous argument they had with them.|
|May 18, 2015||Shellbrook, Saskatchewan, Canada||Michael Rudolph, 19||A 17-year-old female student was stabbed and seriously injured at W.P. Sandin Public School. A 19-year-old male student was arrested and charged with assault.|
|May 29, 2015||Ennerdale, South Africa||Three suspects||1 dead||A 21-year-old man trespassing on school grounds was stabbed to death by three high school pupils.|
|June 1, 2015||Upper Marlboro, Maryland, United States||Unnamed suspect, 14||1 injured||A 16-year-old was seriously injured after being stabbed during a fight at Frederick Douglass High School. A 14-year-old was arrested.|
|June 2, 2015||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada||Unnamed suspect, 17||1 dead||A 17-year-old Brett Bourne was stabbed to death in front of Kelvin High School, during a fight. Another 17-year-old was charged with second-degree murder.|
|June 11, 2015||Bradford, United Kingdom||Student, 14||1 injured||A 14-year-old boy has been charged with attempted murder after a teacher was stabbed in the stomach in a classroom full of pupils.
Bradford crown court heard that the attack was premeditated and partially racially motivated. Uzomah is black and the boy, who is of Pakistani origin, regularly referred to him "by the epithet beginning with the letter N" 
|August 25, 2015||Philippi, West Virginia, United States||Unnamed suspect, 16||No injuries||At Philip Barbour High School, a 14-year-old male student took his classroom hostage with a .380-caliber handgun, and then surrendered to authorities. Nobody was hurt. The stand-off lasted two hours.|
|September 1, 2015||Hyderabad, India||Suspect||1 dead||A Class 10 student died after a fight with another student at a high school.|
|September 3, 2015||Georgetown, Texas, United States||Unnamed suspect, 15||1 injured||A 15-year-old was stabbed and injured during a fight at East View High School. Another 15-year-old was arrested.|
|September 23, 2015||Cape Coral, Florida, United States||Victor Johansson, 17||1 injured||A 17-year-old student was stabbed in the arm with a pocket knife in the parking lot of Mariner High School. A 17-year-old student was arrested.|
|September 30, 2015||Greenville, North Carolina, United States||Two students||2 injured||A fight involving two female students at Junius H. Rose High School lead to a student and a teacher being cut with a knife. Two female students were charged in connection with the incident.|
|September 30, 2015||Harrisburg, South Dakota, United States||Mason Buhl, 16||1 injured||A 16-year-old student allegedly shot a principal in the arm and wounded him during an argument at Harrisburg High School.He was restrained by other school administrators until police arrived.He was indicted on a charges of attempted murder and commission of a felony with a firearm.|
|October 22, 2015||Trollhättan, Sweden||Anton Lundin Pettersson, 21||4 dead||1 injured||Trollhättan school attack. Two were killed and three others, including the perpetrator, were injured in a sword attack at Kronan School. The perpetrator, a 21-year-old man, was shot and wounded by police and later died.On December 3 another victim died from injuries sustained in the attack.The attack was apparently racially motivated.|
|October 26, 2015||Mercersburg, Pennsylvania, United States||Suspect, 14||1 injured||A 14-year-old student stabbed and injured another student with a knife at James Buchanan High School. The student was charged with attempted homicide.|
|October 28, 2015||Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom||Suspect, 16||1 dead||A 16-year-old student was stabbed to death at Cults Academy. A fellow student was arrested.|
|November 24, 2015||Baltimore, Maryland, United States||Student (charged)||1 dead||A 17-year-old student was stabbed by another student in a classroom at Renaissance Academy High School. He died from his injuries on December 20. Another student was charged and arrested in the attack.|
|January 22, 2016||La Loche, Saskatchewan, Canada||Student, 17||4 dead||7 injured||La Loche shootings: A former student killed two of his cousins in a house, and then went to La Loche Community School where he killed a teacher and an assistant, and wounded seven other people before being apprehended outside the school.|
|February 12, 2016||Glendale, Arizona, United States||Student, 15||2 dead||A murder-suicide occurred on the grounds of Independence high school, Glendale bodies of Dorothy Dutiel and May Kieu were found on the school grounds.The gun was found besides the bodies and police commented that they are not looking for any suspects at this time.The shooting was described by police as an isolated incident.|
|February 29, 2016||Middletown, Ohio, United States||Student, 14||4 injured||15-year-old Cameron Smith, and 14-year-old Cooper Caffrey, were shot when 14-year-old James Austin Hancock, opened fire in the Madison High School cafeteria with a .380 caliber handgun. 15-year-old Brant Murray, and 14-year-old Katherine Douchette, also suffered shrapnel injuries. Hancock was apprehended in a nearby wooded field.|
|April 23, 2016||Antigo, Wisconsin, United States||Jacob Wagner, 18||1 dead||2 injured||Two students at a prom at Antigo High School were shot and injured by 18-year-old former student Jakob Wagner. Wagner later exchanged fire with a school resource officer in the school's parking lot, and was captured after being shot and wounded by police. He died hours later in a hospital.|
|October 18, 2016||San Francisco, California, United States||4 injured||Four students were shot outside June Jordan High School for Equity, a San Francisco public high school. One female victim was in critical condition, while three male victims suffered minor injuries. . Two people were arrested in the shooting.|
|November 1, 2016||Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada||Gabriel Klein, 21||1 dead||1 injured||A 21-year-old drifter, Gabriel Klein, randomly stabbed students at Abbotsford Senior Secondary School, killing a 13-year-old girl and wounding another student. Klein was arrested and charged with murder.|
|November 15, 2016||Orem, Utah, United States||Student, 16||5 injured||A student stabbed and injured five students at random at Mountain View High School. He was arrested and charged with attempted murder.|
|January 18, 2017||Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico||Federico Guevara Elizondo, 15||2 dead||3 injured||Colegio Americano del Noreste 2017 shootings: 15-year-old Federico Guevara Elizondo, opened fire in the Colegio Americano del Noreste classroom with a .22 caliber handgun. Federico committed suicide shooting on the cheek, while Ana Cecilia Ramos Luis, Fernando Martinez, both 14 years old and the 24-year-old teacher Cecilia Cristina Solis, suffered serious head injuries; 15-year-old Manuel Chavez suffered an arm injury. Guevara had psychological problems. Teacher Cecilia Cristina Solis died on March 29, 2017, hours after being declared brain dead.|
|January 20, 2017||West Liberty, Ohio, US||Student, 17||1 injured||A student was shot and injured by another student at West Liberty-Salem High School.|
|March 16, 2017||Grasse, France||Kylian Barbey, 17 (charged)||4 injured||Kylian Barbey, a 17-year-old boy, armed with a rifle, two handguns, a revolver and two grenades opened fire at Alexis de Tocqueville high school. A total of four were injured, three students and the school's principal. Anti-terrorist commandos were sent to the scene and the shooter was arrested. The perpetrator's Facebook and YouTube accounts showed that he was interested in the Columbine Massacre and watched videos on how to make homemade weapons.|
|March 21, 2017||King City, California, US||17-year-old unnamed male||1 injured||An 18-year-old King City High School student was shot and critically wounded outside the school's auditorium. The gunman ran across the school's campus and baseball field, and fled the area. The school was then placed on lockdown. A suspect was arrested in August 2017.|
|September 13, 2017||Rockford, Washington, US||Student||1 dead||3 injured||A student allegedly opened fire at Freeman High School, killing one and wounding three others. He was arrested afterward.|
|September 20, 2017||Mattoon, Illinois, US||Student||1 injured||Mattoon High School: A 14-year-old male student was subdued by a female teacher when he attempted to open fire in the school cafeteria at 11:33 a.m. Multiple shots were fired in the process, and one student was struck in the chest and was driven to a nearby hospital suffering non-life-threatening wounds. The student was taken into custody without further incident.|
|September 26, 2017||Bronx, New York, US||Student||1 dead||1 injured||Abel Cedeno killing incident. A 15-year-old student was stabbed to death and a 16-year-old was critically injured at Urban Assembly School for Wildlife Conservation, a grades 6-12 school. An 18-year-old student was charged with murder. It was speculated that the suspect was bothered by the victims' homophobic comments.|
|October 20, 2017||Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil||2 dead||4 injured||Goyases School Shooting. A 14-year-old eight-grade student opened fire with a .40-caliber handgun at the Goyases College, killing two students and wounding four others. He was arrested.|
|November 15, 2017||Yuanjiang, Hunan province, China||Student, 16||1 dead||A 47-year-old teacher was stabbed to death by a 16-year-old student at No. 3 High School.|
|December 7, 2017||Aztec, New Mexico, US||William Atchison, 21||3 dead||Aztec High School shooting. A 21-year-old former Aztec High School student, William Atchison, disguised himself as a student and shot two students to death, and then committed suicide. He was believed by police to have no connections with the victims.|
|December 12, 2017||Changqing, Hunan province, China||Student, 21||1 dead||A 13-year-old student was fatally stabbed with a sword at Quan Feng Secondary School, by a classmate. It was reported in a news article that the suspect was playing with the classmate before he was apparently accidentally stabbed.|
|January 19, 2018||Ulan-Ude, Russia||Student, 15||6 injured||Five seventh-graders and their teacher were wounded when a ninth-grader in Buryatia's capital Ulan-Ude, near Lake Baikal in Siberia, attacked them with an axe and burned the classroom with a Molotov cocktail. One student was in critical condition. The attacker was detained and hospitalised after he tried to commit suicide.|
|January 22, 2018||Italy, Texas||1 injured||A 16-year-old male student fired at a 15-year-old classmate in the cafeteria of Italy High School. The gunman left the school immediately after opening fire.|
|January 22, 2018||New Orleans, Louisiana||1 injured||Shots were fired from a truck in the parking lot of NET Charter High School, targeting a crowd of students during lunch time. One student was slightly injured, apparently from injuries unrelated to gunfire. One person was arrested in connection with the shooting.|
|January 23, 2018||Benton, Kentucky, US||Gabe Parker, 15 (charged)||2 dead||18 injured||Marshall County High School shooting: A 15-year-old male student shot 16 people in the lobby at Marshall County High School and caused non-gunshot injuries to 4 others. Two 15-year-old students died: one killed at the scene, another died of wounds at Vanderbilt Medical Center.|
|February 14, 2018||Parkland, Florida, US||Nikolas Cruz, 19||17 dead||14 injured||Stoneman Douglas High School shooting|
|March 21, 2018||Shadrinsk, Russia||Student, 13||7 injured||A 13-year-old girl opened fire with a gas pistol at her school in Russia's Kurgan region, injuring seven seventh graders. The victims suffered bruises and scrapes.|
|April 18, 2018||Sterlitamak, Russia||Student||4 injured||Four people were hospitalized after a knife-wielding teenage student attacked his school in Russia's Bashkortostan region, in the city of Sterlitamak. The attacker wounded three girls and a teacher and set a classroom on fire.|
|April 27, 2018||Shaanxi, China||Zhao, 28||9 dead||10 injured||Nine students were stabbed to death and 10 injured in a knife attack outside a school in northern China. A man suspected of carrying out the attack is alleged to be a former student taking revenge for having been bullied at the school. The dead are seven girls and two boys aged 12 to 15. |
|May 25, 2018||Palmdale, California, US||-||-||1 injured||A 14 year old male opened fire with a rifle at roughly 7:00 a.m. at Highland High School campus and walked into a bathroom, and wounded one former schoolmate, a male who was shot in his arm. The suspect who shot 10 rounds, came in custody.|
|May 18, 2018||Santa Fe, Texas, US||Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17||10 dead||10 injured||Santa Fe High School shooting: student armed with a shotgun and a .38 revolver smuggled under his coat opened fire on Santa Fe High School campus, killing 10 people, many of them his fellow students, and wounding 10 more.|
|May 25, 2018||Noblesville, Indiana, US||- Student, 13||-||2 injured||Noblesville West Middle School shooting: a person opened fire at 9:06. a.m. at Noblesville West Middle School campus, injured two, an adult and a teenager. After the incident a suspect, came in custody.|
|December 17, 2018||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India||- Student, 13||-||1 injured||DAV public school shooting Haridwar|
- School bullying
- School shooting
- List of school-related attacks
- List of school shootings in the United States
- List of attacks related to primary schools
- List of attacks related to post-secondary schools
- List of rampage killers: School massacres
- Including death or injury of attacker(s), when applicable.
- April 29, 1854, The New York Times
- Evening Star, Washington D.C., July 06, 1858
- The Penny Press., Cincinnati, OH, January 21, 1860
- Memphis Daily Appeal, April 09, 1867
- The Sun, New York City, February 02, 1872
- Nebraska Advertiser, February 26, 1874
- "Shot by a Telegraph Operator". The New York Times. May 26, 1879.
- A teacher stabbed by a pupil, The New York Times (January 22, 1882)
- The Milan Exchange(Milan, Tenn.), April 15, 1882
- Stabbed by a pupil, The New York Times (August 29, 1886)
- A school teacher stabbed, The Brisbane Courier (June 30, 1888)
- San Francisco Call, Volume 73, Number 117, 27 March 1893
- Schoolboy stabs teacher, The New York Times (January 27, 1899)
- Die Rache des Gymnasiasten, Meraner Zeitung (September 16, 1900)
- "Shot By Schoolmate Frontenac School, Kingston, Scene of a Tragedy. Boy Killed Girl Pupil". News.google.ca. 1902-04-29. Retrieved 2017-10-18.
- Carolina youth shot by teacher, The Atlanta Constitution (February 25, 1903)
- Reuben Pitts gets freedom, The Atlanta Constitution (September 20, 1903)
- "Deulists Fatally Shot". Los Angeles Herald, Volume XXX, Number 288. 22 July 1903.
- San Francisco Call, Volume 95, Number 129, 7 April 1904
- San Francisco Call, Volume 96, Number 170, 17 November 1904
- "High School Principal Shoots Irate Parent". San Francisco Call, Volume 97, Number 17. 17 December 1904.
- Colusa Sun Herald 15 February 1905
- Surrender Boy Who Slew Teacher, The New York Times (September 17, 1905)
- Amador Ledger, 11 March 1910
- Revolverattentat eines Gymnasiasten auf den Professor, Die Neue Zeitung (September 24, 1912)
- Ein Revolverattentat eines Gymnasiasten auf seinen Professor, Die Neue Zeitung (October 10, 1913)
- The Ogden Standard, April 26, 1919
- The Daily Ardmoreite (Ardmore, Okla.), February 15, 1920
- The Bismarck Tribune (Bismarck, N.D.), March 04, 1920
- The Herald and News, (Newberry S.C.), March 12, 1920
- The Watchman and Southron.(Sumter, S.C.), May 05, 1920
- The Ogden Standard-Examiner (Ogden, Utah), November 05, 1920
- Revolverschüsse und Bombenwürfe gegen Lehrer, Neue Freie Presse (May 7, 1925)
- Bomb Kills Three Boy Raiders Who Shoot Up Vilna School, The New York Times (May 7, 1925)
- Die Rache eines durchgefallenen Gymnasiasten, Die Neue Zeitung (March 6, 1931)
- Monday, June 07, 1937 (1937-06-07). "Education: Berkshire Mystery". Time.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Lay shooting to gang tales, Prescott Evening Courier (September 24, 1937)
- Boy kills teachers, The Tuscaloosa News (June 25, 1939)
- Uczeń zastrzelił nauczycielkę i popełnił samobójstwo, Orędownik Wrzesiński (July 4, 1939)
- 4 dead, 3 dying from gunfire of ousted educator, Oswego Palladium-Times (May 7, 1940)
- 5 dead in school killings, The New York Times (May 10, 1940)
- Two Boys Kill Teacher in School After 'Showing Off' by Smoking, The New York Times (October 3, 1942)
- Murder in a zoot suit, The Deseret News (October 10, 1942)
- "Schoolboy Is Stabbed To Death In Scuffle". News.google.ca. 1943-05-29. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Boy In School Shot, Robbed by 7 Thugs". The New York Times. Jun 26, 1946.
- "Youth Held In Fatal Stabbing". News.google.ca. 1947-06-09. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Student Shot at Dance". The New York Times. Jul 22, 1950.
- "Academy Employee Killed On Campus". Meriden Record. January 25, 1961.
- "2 Youths Held in Slaying of Teacher, Chum" (PDF). The Winona Republican-Herald. Mar 13, 1951. p. 1. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-02-02.
- "Crazed Man Killed in Girls' School". The New York Times. Jun 5, 1951.
- "St. Louis Pupil Killed". The New York Times. Nov 27, 1951.
- "Dean Shot Over Pin Ups". The New York Times. Apr 9, 1952.
- "Youth Stabs Track Coach". News.google.ca. 1953-12-09. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Bronx Youth Killed in Fight at School". News.google.ca. 1956-04-17. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Billy Seemed "Nice Boy", [The Washington Post] (May 5, 1956)
- "Monitor Shot In School". The New York Times. Oct 20, 1956.
- Illson, Murray (Oct 2, 1957). "Boy Shot In East Side School". The New York Times.
- "$70,000 Bail Is Set For 8 In Shooting". The New York Times. Mar 6, 1958.
- Roy R. Silver (Special to The New York Times). (1958-05-01). "Massapequa boy slain in school; Ambushed in Washroom - Classmate, 15, Confesses and Re-enacts Crime". Select.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "High school gun spree kills one, wounds five". News.google.ca. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Youth Fatally Shot In Crowded Class". The Victoria Advocate. Mar 31, 1960.
- "School Fight Mushrooms Into Murder". News.google.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Admits killing 7 for revenge, Pacific Stars and Stripes (January 27, 1962)
- Teacher who slew 7 denied wish to see pupil perform, Toledo Blade (July 26, 1962)
- L.I. teacher shot by boy in school, The New York Times (April 28, 1966)
- L.I. Boy Held in Shooting Faces Psychiatric Exam, The New York Times (April 29, 1966)
- Teacher Shot by Youth Dies in Bay Shore Hospital, The New York Times (June 14, 1966)
- "A wound still fresh//The survivor of a 1966 school shooting in Minnesota is still coming to grips with the pain - and with his own role in the tragedy". Columbine-angels.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Dayton Coach Stabbed To Death By Youth". News.google.ca. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Tribute To Teacher Killed By Monster Mone, Daily Record (November 2, 2007)
- Fatal shooting brings action, St. Petersburg Times (February 1, 1968)
- Student Held In Slaying, The Spokesman-Review (March 26, 1968)
- Teacher, student serious following shooting by youth, Ocala Star-Banner (May 23, 1968)
- "Principal's Aide in Capital is Killed Chasing Thieves". The New York Times. Jan 25, 1969.
- "Some other incidents involving guns at Wisconsin schools". Madison.com. 2011-02-15. Retrieved 2011-03-12.[permanent dead link]
- "Shots Kill High School Principal". News.google.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Boys Hurt, Killed In Shootings". The Spokesman-Review. January 6, 1970.
- "Art Teacher Slain; Philadelphia Police Arrest Youth, 14 - The New York Times". archive.org. 23 September 2016.
- "Sniper's Victim: Himself". St. Petersburg Times. 1971-11-04. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- Youth shoots chem teacher, The Bryan Times (January 25, 1972)
- Wikipedia (Hungarian) article about the hostage drama
- "Boy Killed In Gun Battle". The Phoenix. February 27, 1973.
- Cilliers, Jackie (December 1984). Counter-Insurgency in Rhodesia. London, Sydney & Dover, New Hampshire: Croom Helm. p. 18. ISBN 978-0-7099-3412-7.
- Mata a su profesor en clase, ABC February 3, 1974
- "Pupil Shoots, Kills Athletic Director". The Milwaukee Sentinel. March 23, 1974.
- Teen sniper kills three, 11 wounded, The Bryan Times (December 31, 1974)
- "Facts about school violence in the U.S." policeacademyu.com. Archived from the original on December 14, 2014. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- "Charge Filed in Shooting". Spokane Daily Chronicle. September 24, 1975. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Intruders Wound 5 Students In Shooting At Detroit School". Associated Press at the Toledo Blade. Friday February 13, 1976 (141st year). Page 2. Retrieved from Google Books (3 of 20) on November 2, 2012.
- "Police Don't Know Reason Student Killed His Principal". The Bryan Times. Apr 7, 1977.
- "Principle (sic) shot to death". News.google.com. 1977-12-13. Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "School Principle (sic) Shot to Death". News.google.com. 1977-12-13. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Slayer of school principal convicted of first-degree murder". News.google.ca. 1978-06-10. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- [ Displaying Abstract ] (2011-03-02). "Youth Is Arrested In Student's Killing". Select.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Kresnak, Jack. "Juvenile Justice". Justicejournalism.org. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Austin's Secret: Killing in the Classroom 1978". MichaelCorcoran.net. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- "Attacks on students and staff". Cbc.ca. 2008-09-23. Archived from the original on January 30, 2010. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Death of student makes no sense". The Bryan Times. January 9, 1980.
- "Student killed in school shooting". The Star-News. November 1, 1980.
- "Slain". News.google.com. 1981-10-03. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teacher stabbed to death". News.google.ca. 1982-01-13. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "15-Year-Old Arrested In Slaying Of Teacher". News.google.ca. 1982-01-13. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- AP (1982-03-20). "The New York Times Article March 20, 1982". Las Vegas (Nev): Select.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Shooting spree, Spokane Chronicle (March 22, 1982)
- Garcia, John Treanor and Tony. "Student convicted in 1982 shooting death of Valley HS teacher granted parole". KSNV. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "These Kids Are 'Middle-Class Murderers". News.google.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Toler, Carol (2014-03-04). "History: Shooting of Lake Highlands cafeteria worker remembered". Advocate Magazine (Lake Highlands). Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- Classroom Gun Rampage Leaves 6 Germans Dead, The New York Times (June 4, 1983)
- Student's threat to shoot teacher was dismissed by classmates as joke, Ocala Star-Banner (December 18, 1983)
- Lehrer erschossen[permanent dead link], Hamburger Abendblatt (March 14, 1984)
- Chicago Sun Times, October 15, 2000 Archived February 14, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- PREVATTE, PAM. "Student gunman took hostages in Spartanburg 14 years ago It happened here". GoUpstate. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "6 Shot, Injured at Homecoming". Houston Chronicle.
- "Fight Occurred At School Before Shootings". Houston Chronicle.
- "ABC News Nightline, Jan 29, 1986 - Challenger disaster one month after fatal school shooting". YouTube. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Sarah Chalsma (2012-12-19). "My Turn: In 1985, Concord High was the site of another school shooting". concordmonitor.com. Archived from the original on June 27, 2015. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Tom Mooney (1985-12-04). "Wounded Teen Dies Day After Police Shots Ended Hostage Incident". Associated Press. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "Junior-high student, 13, arrested after shooting death at school". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 1985-12-11. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- Suburb teen shoots teacher at school, Chicago Tribune (March 7, 1986)
- Dolton cops hold gun-wielding boy, Chicago Sun-Times (March 7, 1986)
- "Boy fatally shot while on school bus". News.google.com. 1986-10-09. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Man sentenced to 40 years in shooting on S. OAK Cliff school bus". Nl.newsbank.com. 1987-03-06. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "School Shooting Timeline". Knowgangs.com. 1986-12-04. Archived from the original on 2010-08-28. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "School Killers". Crimelibrary.com. Archived from the original on 2014-03-10. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Risen, James. "Athlete Killed in Detroit School Violence". Los Angeles Times. April 17, 1987. Retrieved on November 2, 2012.
- "Students shot at high school". Wilmington Morning Star. Friday April 17, 1987. 2A. Retrieved from Google Books (2 of 31) on November 2, 2012.
- Karwath, Rob (September 30, 1987). "Youth Freed On Bond In Shooting Of Teacher". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Boy Rambo gets life". The Glasgow Herald. June 25, 1988. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- Student was treated at mental hospital, St. Petersburg Times (February 13, 1988)
- "Mason Staggs denied double jeopardy claim". Abilene Reporter-News. February 14, 1997. Archived from the original on March 20, 2005.
- "Jammed gun holds toll to 1 dead; student held" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Leonard Beeghley Homicide:A Sociological Explanation. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "School Shootings Rare in Finland". YLE. 2007-11-07. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- "School hit by slaying and blaze Principal shot; teacher held". The Register-Guard. May 21, 1990.
- Benjamin Grove. "Memories linger for victim's mother". Lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Markley, Melanie. "Studying our Schools: Challenges / Safety matters: Issue is No. 1 concern with parents." Houston Chronicle. October 13, 1996.
- Hanson, Eric. "Teen fatally stabbed in classroom / Victim pays for insult to girl's shorts with life." Houston Chronicle. September 22, 1990.
- "Parents protest at killer's parole bid". BBC News. January 24, 2000. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- The Committee Office, House of Commons. "Appendix 124 Memorandum submitted by Margaret and James Watson". Publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Russell, Ron; Fuetsch, Michele (1991-09-19). "Shot Fired at Guard Kills Boy at School". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "LaPlace girl booked with murder of schoolmate". Nl.newsbank.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen's sentencing set for next month". Nl.newsbank.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Student Shoots Three Outside His School". www.apnewsarchive.com.
- "Teen stabbed to death at school". News.google.ca. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Stabbing draws attention to violence in high schools". News.google.ca. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "School argument results in killing". News.google.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- McQuiston, John T. (1991-10-09). "A Bronx Youth Is Shot to Death Outside a School". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Shooting at school fuels calls for more security." Houston Chronicle. November 15, 1991.
- Moore, Mark H.; Carol V. Petrie; Anthony A. Braga; Brenda L. McLaughlin (2003). Deadly Lessons: Understanding Lethal School Violence. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press. p. 294.
- "Student Wounds 6 at High School". Nytimes.com. 1992-09-12. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- McFadden, Robert D. (1992-09-22). "Boy, 15, Is Fatally Stabbed at School in Brooklyn". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- School Shootings Archived 2011-07-17 at the Wayback Machine.. .indystar.com. Retrieved on 2010-08-16.
- McQuiston, John T. (1993-02-03). "Youth Arraigned in Killing At Amityville High School". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Kaplan, Tracey (1993-06-05). "Fatal Shooting at School Prompts Project to Spread Anti-Weapons Message - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
- Dillon, Sam (1993-02-25). "15-Year-Old Dies in Attack In School Hall". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "A look at the 20th century: 1993". Chat.augustachronicle.com. 1999-11-28. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Prison Term For Murder At School Jason Michael Smith Received 12 1/2 To 25 Years For Shooting A Classmate At Upper Perkiomen High School In May". philly.com. October 15, 1993. Retrieved December 11, 2014.
- Gunman attacks school, kills himself, Toledo Blade (September 18, 1993)
- Suicide note says Wyoming gunman "evil", The Deseret News (September 27, 1993)
- 16-year-old Killer Gets 37 Years, ‘’Chicago Tribune’’ (July 27, 1994)
- Gewehr, Revolver, Messer im Klassenzimmer, Die Presse (June 13, 2007)
- JS Online: One in many shootings Archived October 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Police Arrest a Teacher in School Shootings". Nytimes.com. 1993-12-17. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teacher arrested in school shootings". News.google.ca. 1993-12-17. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Shaw, Linda (2005-01-27). "Abuse victim who killed teacher settles with district". Seattletimes.nwsource.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Associated Press (1994-03-02). "GUNMAN KILLS 2 AT MISSOURI MILITARY SCHOOL". Deseret News. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "Court may reinstate conviction in deadly Seattle school shooting". Komonews.com. 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- Pithers, Malcolm (1994-03-30). "Talks to comfort pupils after killing: Counselling starts for children still in shock after classroom stabbing". London: Independent.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Clay Shrout reported of prison behavioral problems". Enquirer.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Boyer, Edward J. (1988-07-22). "10th-Grader Slain at Hollywood High as Rival Gangs Clash". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Amok wegen Rüge, Blick (September 20, 1994)
- Steinberg, Jacques (1994-10-25). "Student Slain At School In Mt. Vernon". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Man Fires Shotgun In School, Killing One and Injuring 3". Nytimes.com. 1994-11-08. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Duggan, Paul (January 6, 1995). "Student Fatally Shot at Cardozo High; D.C. Police Say Suspect Is Youth, 14".
- Eli Sanders (2003-03-05). "The Shooter". The Stranger.
- "Memorandum Opinion" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Virgin Islands, Virgin Islands Newspaper, A Pulitzer Prize Winning Ne…". virginislandsdailynews.com. 28 October 2005. Archived from the original on 28 October 2005.
- "A decade later, many still in pain Schoolyard death of Lizzy Rivera evokes sad memories". Madmax.lmtonline.com. 1995-08-29. Archived from the original on 2012-07-16. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Ramirez, Anthony (2001-01-19). "Metro Briefing - Rochester: Judgment In Student Homicide". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "The Death Of Joey".
- "Students and teachers at Mid-Peninsula High School in Palo Alto were shocked". Palo Alto Online. 1997-01-01. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- "Analysis Shows Family, Friends Were Main Source of Firearms". San Jose Mercury News. 2001-04-29. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- "Boca Boy Killed At School Classmates Accused At Missouri Campus". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 1996-03-28. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Students mourn death of peer shot outside school". Nl.newsbank.com. 1996-04-14. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen faces murder charges for shooting school teacher". News.google.com. 1996-09-26. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Pupil killed in dispute over $40; classmate charged". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 1997-01-28. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Webbers Falls Student Stabbed to Death in School Yard". NewsOK. February 20, 1997. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- "Teen killer is set free in error, recaptured". Tulsa World. July 12, 2000. Retrieved January 18, 2016.
- Yemeni father's school slaughter, The Independent (March 31, 1997)
- Petersen, Melody (1997-04-30). "Girl, 16, Slain in School and a Classmate Is Arrested". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Bearak, Barry (1997-05-01). "Motive a Puzzle in a High School Murder". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Amokläufe nicht nur in den USA, news.at (April 17, 2007)
- Acht Jahre Haft für jugendlichen Amokläufer, Stuttgarter Zeitung (November 21, 1997)
- Bailey, Eric (2000-08-31). "Janitor Convicted of Rape and Murder". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Stanton, Sam (2011-04-03). "Three chilling local murder cases -- the killers remain on death row". The Sacramento Bee. Archived from the original on 2013-04-30. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- Ingram, Carl (1997-07-09). "Curbs on Hiring Ex-Felons in School Jobs Advance". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2014-03-26.
- "Timeline of Worldwide School and Mass Shootings". InfoPlease. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- "Town grieves over teens' suicide pact". News.google.com. 1999-01-10. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "One dead in school shooting". News.google.com. 1999-02-12. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Gunman guilty in school shooting 15-year-old could be sentenced to life for first-degree murder". Nl.newsbank.com. 2000-11-02. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "The Spokesman-Review - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com.
- Teacher's wife knew colleague would kill, Independent Online (July 29, 1999)
- School shooting 'like a horror movie' , Independent Online (July 30, 1999)
- Man with parang injures six pupils, New Straits Times (August 12, 1999)
- Amok who slashed pupils jailed 42 months, New Straits Times (October 13, 1999)
- School guard injures seven in shooting spree, Guelph Mercury (October 26, 1999)
- "RIVERA v. HOUSTON INDEPEN - 349 F.3d 244 (2003) - 9f3d2441569 - Leagle.com". leagle.com.
- Mord an Lehrerin - Lange Jugendstrafe für 15-Jährigen, Spiegel Online (May 29, 2000)
- 13-year-old New Mexico student kills girl in school shooting, Lubbock Avalanche-Journal (November 21, 1999)
- "School shooter may end up in Lawrence". Lawrence Journal-World. 26 September 2003.
- "Massenmorde in der Schule". www.spiegel.de.
- "Boy charged with Ontario school stabbing". Cbc.ca. 2000-11-11. Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- News, A. B. C. (7 January 2006). "Brazill Guilty of Second-Degree Murder". ABC News.
- "The Jury Is Still Out". January 8, 2002.
- Gootman, Elissa (2000-10-20). "Boy Is Stabbed in Brooklyn After School-Cafeteria Fight". New York City: Select.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Security Guard Dead After Shooting at South-Central School". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 2000-10-24. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Gootman, Elissa (2000-10-26). "18-Year-Old Is Fatally Shot While Helping Change Tire". New York City: Select.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Hundred mourn teenager in Calgary". Cbc.ca. 2000-11-23. Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen gets 4 years for Jaber death". Cbc.ca. 2001-04-26. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Nasstrom, Stephhan (2001-01-18). "Teen-Ager Shot to Death in Sweden". Associated Press. Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- School shootings raise questions in Brazil, The Daily Courier (March 11, 2001)
- "Girl sentenced in school shooting". Findarticles.com. 2001-04-20. Archived from the original on 2011-10-22. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Perry, Tony (May 11, 2001). "Witnesses Recall School Rampage". LA Times.
- "Granite Hills gunman's kin file claim vs. county, sheriff". LA Times. May 10, 2002.
- Pupils appear for Kenyan school fire Archived 2004-11-07 at the Wayback Machine., Daily Dispatch (April 10, 2001)
- Kenya: School fire kills at least 59 students, World Socialist Web Site (March 30, 2001)
- "School Safety Interim Study Committee" (PDF). Indiana.gov. September 24, 2013.
- Agricultor de 18 anos invade escola na Bahia, fere 7 à bala e se suicida, Folha de S.Paulo (August 6, 2001)
- Agricultor invade escola, fere 7 e se mata, Folha de S.Paulo (August 7, 2001)
- Rapaz atira em alunos e se mata, Jornal do Brasil (August 7, 2001)
- Student Kills Himself After Taking Hostages, New York Times (November 14, 2001)
- Wakin, Daniel J. (2002-01-16). "Gunfire Wounds 2 Students Inside a Manhattan High School". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- Baker, Al (2002-01-18). "Police Identify Student Wanted in School Shooting". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- Saulny, Susan (February 21, 2003). "New York: Manhattan: Teenager Sentenced In School Shootings". The New York Times. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- Die Rache des kleinen Rambo, Der Spiegel (9/2002)
- "Bosnia Student Kills Teacher and Himself". www.nytimes.com/. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Two dead in school shooting in northwest China city, China Daily (September 27, 2002)
- Driver shoots teacher in China campus killing Archived 2011-07-14 at the Wayback Machine., muzi.com (September 27, 2002)
- Estudante mata duas colegas dentro de escola em Salvador, UOL Notícias (October 28, 2002)
- Na BA, estudante mata 2 colegas na sala de aula, Folha de S.Paulo (October 29, 2002)
- Relembre caso de adolescente que matou colegas em escola em Salvador, Correio (April 7, 2011)
- Teacher stabs seven in China, three children and a teacher die, China Daily (January 28, 2006)
- Teacher goes berserk, kills 4[permanent dead link], News24 (January 27, 2003)
- Jovem invade escola, fere oito e se suicida, Correio Braziliense (January 28, 2003)
- Cultura de Paz - virando a mesa da violencia, educacional.com.br (February 14, 2003)
- 4 plead guilty in killing at school - NOLA.com. Nola.live.advance.net (2006-09-21). Retrieved on 2010-08-16.
- "Middle School Boy Shoots His Principal, Then Kills Himself". The New York Times. 2003-04-25. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Kingstone, Steve (2003-04-24). "Two die in US school shooting". BBC News. Retrieved 2009-04-25.[dead link]
- "Mapping school violence". USA Today. Associated Press. 2009-04-12. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- Pupil opens fire at school, News24 (June 6, 2003)
- Second student dies of gunshot wound, Bangkok Post (June 9, 2003)
- "Two Years After Rocori Shootings, Trial Begins". WCCO.com. Archived from the original on 2006-03-20. Retrieved 2006-08-26.
- "Student killed, another arrested in Porter school bus stabbing". KOTV-DT. December 8, 2003. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Cauvin, Henri E. (December 14, 2004). "Teen Acquitted Of Murder in Ballou Shooting". The Washington Post. Retrieved May 8, 2010.
- "Teen's Journal Details Plan To Kill Three, Including Sister". sun-sentinel.com.
- "Argentine boy shoots classmates". BBC News. 2004-09-29. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Cormier, Bill (2004-09-29). "School shooting in Argentina kills four". The Oakland Tribune. Retrieved 2009-04-25.[dead link]
- Carmen de Patagones: sancionaron al padre del chico que baleó a sus compañeros, La Nación (August 2, 2005)
- "Chinese Police Search For Killer After 9 Students Die - Local News Story - WTVJ |Miami". Nbc6.net. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Mitchell, Bob (1 April 2007). "Life in prison for gunshot slaying of wife" – via Toronto Star.
- "Jason Clinard, 14 sentenced to life imprisonment for school bus driver killing". Courttv.com. Archived from the original on 2008-02-02. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Indiscriminate bomb targets student, The Japan Times (June 18, 2005)
- St Joseph Convent School turmoil: Parents shocked, four students stabbed Archived 2012-10-10 at the Wayback Machine., The Nation (September 9, 2005)
- Court sentences woman who stabbed students in 2005 to four years in jail Archived 2012-10-10 at the Wayback Machine., The Nation (November 20, 2008)
- "Teen held in school shooting". Chicago Tribune. September 15, 2005. Retrieved September 4, 2013.
- Sieben Jahre Haft für Schülermord, Wiener Zeitung (January 27, 2006)
- "List of major incidents at North American schools". Canadian Press. CTV.ca. 2006-09-13. Retrieved 2006-09-14.
- "Teen found guilty in Roseburg High shooting". KATU. June 29, 2006. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- "Teenager faces charges in Oregon high school shooting". Seattle Times. February 24, 2006. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Gianulias, Koula; Kara Tsuboi; Ed Pearce. "Reno School Shooting Team Report". Reno, Nevada, United States: KOLO-TV. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- Chereb, Sandra; Kara Tsuboi; Ed Pearce (2006-03-18). "School shooting arraignment delayed in school". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Las Vegas, Nevada, United States: Sherman Frederick. The Associated Press. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- Sonner, Scott (2006-05-26). "Teen Gets House Arrest in Nev. Shooting". The Washington Post. Washington, D.C., United States: Katharine Weymouth. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- Covarrubias, Amanda; Doan, Lynn (2006-06-06). "Student Fatally Shot at Venice High; The 17-year-old was killed after a campus fistfight involving Latinos and blacks. Some fear a resumption of gang violence". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "North Carolina Shooting Suspect Obsessed with Columbine". USA Today. August 31, 2006.
- "Shooting Suspect Obsessed with Columbine". USA Today. August 31, 2006.
- "High school boy fatally stabbed at campus bus stop". Cnn.com. 2006-10-20. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen Commits Suicide in Hallway of Pennsylvania School". Fox News. Associated Press. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- Lynn, Adam (June 5, 2009). "Young man convicted in Foss High School shooting sentenced to prison". The News Tribune. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "'I did it ... I did it': Student suspect in deadly stabbing is held without bail[permanent dead link]", The MetroWest Daily News, January 19, 2007. Retrieved January 19, 2007.
- "Teen Charged In Fellow Student's Death Freshman Stabbed To Death In High School". WCVB-TV. January 19, 2007. Archived from the original on June 2, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- "Judge OK's Teen's Jailhouse Tapes In Stab Case Prosecutors Challenging Whether Odgren Was Legally Insane". WCVB-TV. October 16, 2009. Archived from the original on October 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- "Muslim Villagers Riot in Thailand After Attackers Kill 3 Children at Islamic School". Fox News. March 18, 2007.
- "Shooter was 'crying out for help,' friends say". Theoutlookonline.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- North Mecklenburg High School Student Dead Archived February 3, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "N.C. high school student shoots self after he is confronted by police". policeone.com.
- 2 dead in stabbing attack, China Daily (May 18, 2007)
- Two acquitted in Jordan Manners shooting, Toronto Star (May 19, 2011)
- Indian police say 3 children killed 2 others, USA Today (August 25, 2007)
- Cherry, Tamara (2007-09-12). "Dineshkumar Murugiah - Slain student identified". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- "Dineshkumar Murugiah-Victim in high school murder was 'going for lunch". CBC News. 2007-09-13. Archived from the original on July 24, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-10.
- Williams, Juliet (2007-09-28). "Oroville shooting ends quietly". Press Democrat. Archived from the original on 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- Lofing, Niesha; Ryan Lillis; Dorothy Korber (2007-09-28). "Hostage situation ends at California high school". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "Arrest Made After Hostages Held At Oroville School". CBS 13. 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2009-04-21.[dead link]
- "Las Plumas Shooter Sentenced To 22 Years". KCRA. 2008-01-17. Archived from the original on 2012-03-20. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "Mom wants Oroville school shooter's guilty plea reversed". San Francisco Chronicle. Associated Press. 2008-02-01. Archived from the original on 2009-07-05. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Teen wants hostage conviction tossed". San Francisco Chronicle. Associated Press. 2008-02-15. Retrieved 2009-05-05.
- Maag, Chris; Ian Urbina (2007-10-10). "Student, 14, Shoots 4 and Kills Himself in Cleveland School". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- O' Malley, Michael; Gabriel Baird (October 11, 2007). "Four shot at school, gunman kills himself". The Plain Dealer. Archived from the original on April 13, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-01.
- Milicia, Joe (2007-10-11). "4 Hurt, Gunman Killed in Ohio School". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- van der Mee, Tonny; Robin Rotman (2007-10-12). "Dader steekpartij dreigde eerder". Algemeen Dagblad (in Dutch). Retrieved 2009-04-18.
- "School students shoot classmate for 'bullying'". Hindustan Times. 2007-12-12. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- City, Bay (2007-12-21). "Boy shot dead in front of middle school". San Francisco Chronicle. Archived from the original on December 25, 2007. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Yollin, Patricia (2007-12-23). "Boy shot near middle school IDd". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Victim Of Union City Shooting Was A Student". KTVU. 2007-12-22. Retrieved 2009-05-11.[dead link]
- "3 Antietam students stabbed in class; charges to be filed". Readingeagle.com. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Reddy, B. Muralidhar. "Chronology of LTTE Tamil Tiger Terrorist's recent attacks on passenger buses and trains". Archived from the original on 2008-07-20. Retrieved 2008-05-09.
- Anthony, Kontji (February 4, 2008). "Police investigate shooting inside classroom at Hamilton High". WMCTV. Archived from the original on 2014-03-02. Retrieved August 31, 2013.
- ""GaySoFloridacom remembers Lawrence "Larry" King - A Young Hero"". Miami Herald. 2008-02-19. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- Saillant, Catherine, Griggs, Gregory (February 14, 2008). "Student is declared brain dead; Lawrence King, 15, was shot and wounded at an Oxnard campus Tuesday. A classmate faces murder charge." Los Angeles Times. pg. B1.
- Setoodeh, Ramin (2008-07-19). "Young, Gay and Murdered". Newsweek. Archived from the original on July 22, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-23.
- Liang, Yan (February 26, 2008). "3 dead, 4 injured in school killing in S. China". Xinhuanet. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- "Student kills self in front of 150 classmates at Alabama High School". Foxnews.com. 2008-03-06. Archived from the original on February 22, 2009. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Relatives Say School Failed to Help Depressed Fresno Student Killed By Police". foxnews.com. 17 April 2008.
- Le collégien qui a poignardé 3 camarades à Meyzieu mis en examen, Le Point (April 29, 2008)
- Violence à l'école - Le souffre-douleur devenu bourreau Après la folie meurtrière du collégien Archived 2008-12-10 at the Wayback Machine., France-Soir (May 2, 2008)
- Mise en examen du collégien qui a poignardé 3 camarades près de Lyon, Le Nouvel Observateur (June 23, 2008)
- Ottawa, The (2008-05-13). "Boy, 16, dies in classroom stabbing 17-year-old faces first-degree murder charges in Cornwall". Canada.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-10. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen sought in school shooting captured, charged". KOMO News. August 18, 2008. Archived from the original on August 27, 2014. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "State Of Washington, Res. V. Luis Cosgaya-alvarez". State of Washington. January 14, 2013. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- du Plessis, Leané; Amanda Roestoff (August 18, 2008). "'Want to see something cool?'". News24. Archived from the original on 2008-09-17. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- Roestoff, Amanda (2008-08-19). "Harmse 'liked to sharpen sword'". News24. Archived from the original on 2008-09-13. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "Man killed after light bulb argument". The Daily Telegraph. 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2009-06-06.[dead link]
- Jacobs, Don; Matt Larkin (2008-08-21). "Central classes resume Friday; superintendent says schools safe". Knoxville News Sentinel. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- "School shooting 1 of 3 on deadly day in Toronto". CBC News. 2008-09-16. Archived from the original on September 23, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- Solomon, Galit; Austin Delaney; Paul Bliss (2008-09-16). "T.O.-area school shooting triggers manhunt". CTV Toronto. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "2 Suspects Nabbed in Canada School Shooting". Fox News. Associated Press. 2008-09-17. Archived from the original on November 2, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "Teen Killed in Shooting Near Detroit High School". FOX News. October 16, 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-03-09. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- "PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN vs. WILLIAM MORTON / PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN vs. DEVON BELL" (PDF). State of Michigan. May 24, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- "Maine Gunman Held Fifth-Graders Hostage". CBS News. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Police ID Alleged School Hostage Taker". WMTW. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- Marino, Joel (2008-11-18). "Wimberly wanted friend to feel her pain, attorney". The Hartford Courant. Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- Bushouse, Kathy; Tonya Alanez; Mike Clary (2008-11-14). "Student may have told Dillard High officials about gun". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2009-05-16.[permanent dead link]
- Harris, Melissa (November 23, 2008). "Boy, 14, charged in school killing". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Bishop, Tricia (November 13, 2009). "Boy, 15, admits stabbing classmate to death". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "School stabbing results in prison sentence". United Press International. February 3, 2010. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "Haitian teen fatally shoots classmate". Fox News. Associated Press. 2008-11-24. Archived from the original on 2016-03-07. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "5 wounded in Chicago high school drive-by". CNN. 2009-01-09. Archived from the original on April 16, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- Wang, Andrew L.; Kristen Kridel (2009-01-09). "5 shot in drive-by outside Dunbar Vocational Career Academy". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "18-Year-Old Charged In Dunbar High Shootings". WMAQ-TV. 2009-01-16. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "5 shot in drive-by attack outside high school". MSNBC. 2009-01-10. Retrieved 2009-05-13.
- "Teen Girl Arrested After Attacking Fellow Student With Scissors At SF School". KTVU. 2009-01-15. Archived from the original on 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- Winegarner, Beth (2009-01-15). "Girl, 14, charged with attempted murder in scissor attack". San Francisco Examiner. Archived from the original on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Teacher stabbed in front of 20 students - student charged". The New Zealand Herald. 2009-03-03. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen sentenced for stabbing". Fairfax New Zealand (via Stuff.co.nz). 2009-09-30. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Principal considers cutting activities after shooting at Westover High". WRAL. 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Davies, Lizzy (2009-03-12). "Teenage killer wrote letter to parents saying he 'couldn't go on'". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "'German school gunman 'kills 15'". BBC News. 2009-03-11. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- "Polizei konstruiert genauen Tathergang (Police reconstruct exact events)" (in German). Stuttgart Journal. 2009-03-13. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- "Boy dies after school stabbing". The Star (South Africa). 2009-03-31. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Dean of discipline stabbed". The Jamaica Star. 2009-04-30. Archived from the original on 2009-05-03. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Page Not Found". whec.com.
- "Teen Girl Hunted After German School Stabbing". Sky News. 2009-05-11. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Teen girl who stabbed student planned arson". The Local. 2009-05-11. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "German girl tries to set school on fire". Canwest News. 2009-05-11. Archived from the original on 2009-07-25. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
- "Homemade bomb found in teen school attacker's room". The Local. 2009-05-12. Retrieved 2009-05-12.
- Tucker, Jill (2009-06-15). "3 wounded in shooting outside S.F. high school". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Teen pleads not guilty to aiding shooter who injured three". San Francisco Examiner. 2009-06-18. Retrieved 2009-06-18.[permanent dead link]
- Wilkes, Jim; Jasmeet Sidhu (2009-06-17). "5 hurt in school stabbing". The Star. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "Earlier Fight May Be Behind School Stabbing That Left 5 Wounded & 2 Brothers Charged With Attempted Murder". CityNews. 2009-06-17. Archived from the original on 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "Ed Thomas shot, killed inside school". ESPN. 2009-06-24. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- Nelson, Josh (April 15, 2010). "UPDATE: Mark Becker sentenced to life in prison for shooting". WCF Courier. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Murder at Ncabaneni High Archived 2011-07-16 at the Wayback Machine., The Swazi Observer (July 17, 2009)
- ‘Lunatic’ had not taken medication Archived 2011-07-16 at the Wayback Machine., The Swazi Observer (July 21, 2009)
- Van Derbeken, Jaxon (2009-08-25). "'Techno-wizard' teen suspect fooled family". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-08-25.
- "School Attacker Had 10 Pipe Bombs, Sword, Chainsaw". KTVU. 2009-08-24. Archived from the original on 2009-08-30. Retrieved 2009-08-24.
- "Pipe bombs detonated at Hillsdale High". KGO-TV. 2009-08-24. Retrieved 2009-08-24.
- Coté, John; Michael Cabanatuan; Jaxon Van Derbeken (2009-08-26). "School attack suspect held without bail". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-08-26.
- Shields, Brian (September 22, 2011). "Hillsdale High School Attacker Starts Sentence at Napa State Hospital". KRON 4. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "School teacher shoots deputy principal". Thetimes.co.za. Archived from the original on 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Anti-Abortion Protester Slain; Suspect Is in Custody". 11 September 2009 – via NYTimes.com.
- Chapman, Mary M. (13 September 2009). "Slain Abortion Opponent 'Loved the Controversy' His Protests Generated" – via NYTimes.com.
- "Student killed in fight at Florida school, officials say". Cnn.com. 2009-09-15. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Mom defends Fla. teen charged in school stabbing[dead link]
- "Former Gables Student Sentenced For Stabbing Classmate". November 29, 2011.
- Fagan, Kevin (2009-09-17). "Loud music leads to teen's shooting in Antioch". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- Costa, Hilary (2009-09-19). "Antioch school officials stand by emergency protocol". Contra Costa Times. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Teenage Attacker Wounds 9 School Students in Germany". Abcnews.go.com. 2009-09-17. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Texas Teacher Stabbed to Death by Student in Classroom". Abcnews.go.com. 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Carolina Forest student shot, killed; resource officer stabbed". .scnow.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.[permanent dead link]
- Vives, Ruben (2009-11-01). "Student at Long Beach's Wilson High fatally shot after homecoming game". Latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Decker, Cathleen (2009-11-08). "Melody Ross touches the world". Latimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Funeral held for Melody Ross, 16". LA Times. 2009-11-15. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teens charged as adults in Melody Ross case". Presstelegram.com. 2010-03-09. Archived from the original on 2011-06-13. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Gang member gets 155 years in slaying of honors student Melody Ross". Los Angeles Times. December 19, 2011. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "Livingston husband threatened violence years ago". Tuscaloosanews.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teacher Murdered". Cbs42.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Girl, 12, shot dead at school Archived 2010-01-29 at the Wayback Machine., News24 (January 26, 2010)
- "Hammad Memon pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to 30 years for 2010 shooting death of 14-year-old classmate at Discovery Middle". Al.com. May 28, 2013. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- "Ninth-grader fatally shot by classmate at Alabama school". cnn.com. 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Ironside, Robyn (2010-02-15). "Boy stabbed in schoolyard at St Patrick's College". News.com.au. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Robyn Ironside & Anna Caldwell (2010-02-16). "Elliott Fletcher slain at St Patrick's College". News.com.au. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Ex-Schüler stach aus Wut zu". Stern.de. 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Teacher stabbed to death over 'bad marks'[dead link]
- "Gericht verurteilt Ex-Schüler zu 14 Jahren Haft". Spiegel.de. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Two teens injured in Colorado school shooting". Toronto: Theglobeandmail.com. Archived from the original on February 27, 2010. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "School shooting suspect identified". Cnn.com. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Knivstikkeri på Herlev Gymnasium Archived 2010-06-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- Anderson, Curt (October 22, 2012). "Wayne Treacy Sentenced In Josie Lou Ratley School Stomping Case (VIDEO)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Chang, Daniel (July 10, 2012). "Surgeon in Treacy trial: 'Ratley lucky to be alive'". Miami Herald. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Anderson, Curt (July 16, 2012). "Wayne Treacy Guilty In Beating Of Josie Lou Ratley At Deerfield Beach Middle School (VIDEO)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Baluja, Tamara; Vyhnak, Carola (March 31, 2010). "Teens watch as schoolmate stabbed to death in Oshawa". Toronto: Thestar.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen Dies After Stabbing Near Oshawa School". Citytv.com. 2010-03-30. Archived from the original on 2011-06-29. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Student charged with murder in teen's stabbing death". Toronto: Theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Amakon gets six years for killing of "Biggie" McDonald in Oshawa". Durham Region. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "HS shooting suspect tried as adult". Wavy.com. 2010-05-17. Archived from the original on 2010-05-23. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Student charged after shots fired at Portsmouth high school. Daily Press (2010-04-28). Retrieved on 2010-08-16.
- "School food fight injures principals". Wivb.com. 2010-06-11. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- http://www.ticotimes.net/. "Heredia school principal dies from gunshot wound". Ticotimes.net. Archived from the original on 2010-11-25. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- http://www.ticotimes.net/ (2010-07-06). "Educators respond to an attempted murder in Heredia high school". Ticotimes.net. Archived from the original on 2011-01-19. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "17-Year-Old Goes On Trial for Death of School Principal". Ticotimes.net. 2010-10-27. Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "15-year-old schoolboy stabbed to death in south London". The Guardian. July 2, 2010. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "Armed man fatally shot at Tenn. high school". MSNBC. 2010-08-30. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN VS. STEVEN JAMAL HARE" (PDF). State of Michigan. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- "Student Dies From Gun Shots at Alisal High School". Kionrightnow.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "High school student in Newhall stabbed in fight believed to be over boy". Latimes.com. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- staff writers (2010-10-25). "One person killed, one injured in shooting at Kansas high school". Heraldsun.com.au. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Deines, Angela (2010-10-24). "TPD investigates homicide". Cjonline.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Teen dies - EHEXTRA - Marinette, WI". Ehextra. 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Students safe - EHEXTRA - Marinette, WI". Ehextra. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Gang member gets 35 years for 2010 shooting at Aurora high school". The Denver Post. November 6, 2012. Retrieved January 15, 2013.
- View all 16 comments Leave a comment. "School Board Hostage-Taking Caught on Video". Newser.com. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- The Associated Press (2011-01-06). "Neb. teen kills school assistant principal". Cbc.ca. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Vinnitsa schoolboy shot peers". ura-inform.com. Ukrainian Rating Agency "URA". 15 January 2011. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Винницкий школьник, расстрелявший одноклассников, был пьян [Vinnitsa schoolboy, who shot classmates, was drunk] (in Russian). Обозреватель (www.obozrevatel.com). 18 January 2011.
- Keating, Caitlin (March 25, 2011). "15-year-old student shoots classmate at school". Indiana Daily Student. Archived from the original on 2012-12-29. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- Callahan, Rick (August 12, 2011). "Michael Phelps, Indiana Teen, Sentenced To 35 Years In Prison For School Shooting". Huffington Post. Retrieved December 27, 2012.
- "1 dead in Worthing High School shooting, police say it was possibly gang-related". cbsnews.com.
- "A Third Hawaii Teen Arrested In School Shooting". Honolulu Civil Beat. June 15, 2011.
- Ghianni, Tim (September 4, 2013). "Teen pleads guilty, apologizes for stabbing Tenn. school principal to death". NBC News. Retrieved September 12, 2013.
- Pinchazos que asustan en Arroyo, El Nuevo Dia (September 16, 2011)
- Schoolgirl, 14, goes on rampage with needle, Daily Mail (September 16, 2011)
- "Cape Fear High School Shooting: 1 Student Shot, Wounded At North Carolina School". Huffington Post. 24 October 2011.
- "Teen moves forward after Cape Fear High shooting". WRAL. April 8, 2013.
- Chamberlain, Lindsey. Snohomish teen suspect said she didn't know girls stabbed in attack Archived 2011-12-31 at the Wayback Machine., King5 (October 26, 2011)
- Attacker in Snohomish High School stabbing gets 13 years Archived 2012-03-08 at the Wayback Machine., KiroTV (March 7, 2012)
- Student arrested after slamming teachers hand in door, WSB-TV (December 2, 2011)
- "Texas School Shooting: 2 Students Shot, Wounded At Harwell Middle School". Huffington Post. December 12, 2011. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- Doyle, John (September 2, 2013). "Teen charged in scissors stabbing of Alfredo Allen at Brooklyn HS had shrink appointment that day, mom says". Daily News. New York. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- "Teen who allegedly shot at bullies at North Forest High appears in court". ABC13. January 11, 2012. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- "Warren Lewis, Teen In Texas School Shooting, Says He Was Bullied". Associated Press. January 11, 2012. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- "American teacher gunned down by Iraqi student at Christian school in Kurdish region". Daily Mail. London. March 1, 2012. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "Student dies after stabbing incident at Chicago school". CNN. March 1, 2012. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Erbentraut, Joseph (September 1, 2013). "Christian Gonzalez, Chicago Teen Charged In Fatal Stabbing, Claims He Was Bullied (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved March 4, 2012.
- Jim Schoettler (March 6, 2012). "Episcopal school head Dale Regan killed by fired teacher, who then kills himself". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Dan Scanlan (April 23, 2012). "'Shane, no, no!': New details of Episcopal school shooting". The Florida Times-Union. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Roy, Olivier (March 23, 2012). "Loner, Loser, Killer". The New York Times.
- "Shot fired from gun taken to Modbury High School". The Advertiser. May 11, 2012.
- "School bomb kills girl in Italy". 19 May 2012 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- (La Repubblica)
- "Schule: Vater schießt Sohn in den Kopf". diepresse.com.
- Carroll, Scott (August 16, 2012). "CRIME REPORT: Students involved in gang-related shooting outside Hamilton High School". Commercial Appeal. Retrieved January 15, 2013.
- Knezevich, Alison (2012-09-04). "Robert Gladden Jr. indicted in Perry Hall school shooting—WGN". Wgntv.com. Retrieved 2012-10-18.[permanent dead link]
- "Alleged Baltimore School Shooter's Victim Has Down's Syndrome—Yahoo! News". News.yahoo.com. 2012-08-28. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Illinois School Shooting: Shots Fired In Normal Community High School, 1 Student In Custody". Huffington Post. September 7, 2012. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- Walsh, Peter (October 9, 2012). "Teenager arrested after stabbing at Norfolk school". Norwich Evening News. Archived from the original on October 25, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- "KZN pupil stabbed to death at school". City Press. October 24, 2012. Archived from the original on June 26, 2013. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- Taft High School shooting update: Reports indicate at least 1 person shot in California high school Retrieved January 10, 2013
- Winter, Michael; Stanglin, Doug (January 10, 2013). "Calif. teen with shotgun wounds classmate in school". USA Today. January 10, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2013.
- "Teen Shot After High School Basketball Game". CBS. January 12, 2013. Retrieved January 15, 2013.
- Urban, Mike; Kelly, Dan (January 16, 2013). "Wilson Southern 8th-grader stabs classmate in hall". Reading Eagle. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Herman, Holly (February 13, 2013). "Youth sentenced for Wilson Southern stabbing". Reading Eagle. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- "Phoenix police make 4 arrests in Chavez High School shooting". azcentral.com. April 4, 2004. Retrieved June 17, 2004.
- Kavanagh, Jim (January 31, 2013). "Student shot at Atlanta school; fellow student in custody". CNN. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Jeff Black (January 31, 2013). "14-year-old boy shot at Atlanta middle school, officials say". NBCNews.com. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Police probe school stabbing". Eyewitness News. 6 September 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Back-To-School students in knife stabbing incident". Mmegi Online. 3 April 2013. Archived from the original on 8 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Figueredo, Lynda (June 6, 2013). "Student charged after stabbing classmate with knife". WTOC. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- "Schoolboy knifed: pupils describe attack". IOL News. 4 October 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Pupil dies after school shooting". EWN. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Alexandra Seltzer; Ana Valdes (June 20, 2013). "FMPD identifies victim in shooting near Christian school". PalmBeachPost.com. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- "Nigeria school attack claims 42 lives". The Australian. AFP. 6 July 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Chris David (August 27, 2013). "North Panola Shooting Likely Gang-Related, Como v. Sardis". NewsMS. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- Tom Dees (August 26, 2013). "HS football fatality might have been part of multi-prong attack". MyFoxMemphis. Archived from the original on January 6, 2014. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- "Gun violence erupts at Canyon Springs High School". ABC13. August 26, 2013. Archived from the original on September 30, 2013. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Cheese, Rikki (August 26, 2013). "Mother speaks out after son becomes victim of school violence". ABC13. Archived from the original on August 30, 2013. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Hostetler, Krista (September 9, 2013). "Suspect involved in campus violence arrested by police". ABC13. Archived from the original on September 16, 2013. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Takahasi, Paul (September 9, 2013). "Sixth suspect accused of robbing, pistol-whipping three Canyon Springs High School students". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Silfer, Stephanie (August 30, 2013). "N.C. School Shooting: 1 injured after shots fired at a Winston-Salem high school; student in custody, report says". CBS News. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Hanson, Hilary (August 30, 2013). "Carver High School Shooting: Suspect In Custody In Winston-Salem, North Carolina". Huffington Post. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Hinton, John (August 30, 2013). "UPDATE: 18-year-old charged in shooting at Carver". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Suspect in custody after Carver High School shooting". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Teen charged with murder in stabbing at Spring High School". KTRK TV. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Pupil shoots teacher at Vereeniging school". News24. 20 September 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Student charged with attempted first degree murder after stabbing at South Greene H.S." WJHL. September 24, 2013. Archived from the original on February 27, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- "Student stabbed at Tennessee high school". Associated Press. September 25, 2013. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- "Teen stabbing suspect will remain in custody". WBIR. September 27, 2013. Retrieved October 7, 2013.
- "High School Stabbing Suspect Will Be Tried As An Adult". February 6, 2014. Archived from the original on February 6, 2014. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- "South Greene High teen accused of stabbing student charged as adult". January 23, 2014. Archived from the original on January 25, 2014. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- "2 students shot at Agape Christian Academy in Pine Hills". WFTV. October 4, 2013. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- "Teen boy hurt in shooting at Agape Christian school in Orlando". WJXX. October 4, 2013. Archived from the original on October 30, 2013. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Stennett, Desiree; Pavuk, Amy (October 4, 2013). "Two teens shot outside Pine Hills Christian school". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Jauregui, Andres (November 19, 2013). "Sarah Piccolo, School Stabbing Suspect, Wanted 'To Kill As Many People As She Could': Prosecutor". Huffington Post. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Olifant, Kutlwano (8 October 2013). "Pupil on the run after fatal school stabbing". IOL News. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Student who threatened to 'kill whole school' stabs 4 at northern Finland vocational school". Washington Post. 10 October 2013. Archived from the original on 11 October 2013. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Sparks police withholding name of shooter at Sparks Middle School". Reno Gazette Journal. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- Hoffer, Steven (October 21, 2013). "Police Respond To Shooting At Sparks Middle School In Nevada". Huffington Post. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "Nevada middle school shooting: 2 killed, 2 injured". CNN. October 22, 2013. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "14-year-old charged with killing beloved Danvers, Massachusetts, teacher". CNN. October 24, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Massachusetts teen accused of killing teacher indicted on murder, other charges". CNN. November 21, 2013. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- Diedra Dukes (November 4, 2013). "Stephenson High football player shot on campus". MyFoxAtlanta. MyFoxAtlanta. Archived from the original on January 6, 2014. Retrieved January 5, 2014.
- "UPDATE: Two Teens Charged after Stabbing at Morgantown High School". WSAZ. November 6, 2013. Archived from the original on 2017-08-14. Retrieved November 21, 2013.
- "Three Pittsburgh teens shot after school lets out". CNN. November 13, 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT, 15, DIES AFTER SCHOOL FIST FIGHT". CBS News. November 13, 2013. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Hanson, Hilary (December 4, 2013). "Student Shot At West Orange High School In Winter Garden, Florida". Huffington Post. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Officials: Student charged in shooting of teen at West Orange High School". WFTV. December 5, 2013. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Gunman, 18, wounds classmate in Colorado school". yahoo.com.
- Becky Bratu (December 21, 2013). "Colorado high school shooting victim Claire Davis dies". NBC News. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- CNN, By Ana Cabrera, Chelsea J. Carter and Tom Watkins,. "Sheriff: Colorado school shooter dead - CNN". cnn.com.
- "Vallejo girl, 15, arrested in stabbing incident". Times-Herald. December 13, 2013. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- "Lee Middle School student charged with stabbing two classmates". Bradenton Herald. December 16, 2013. Archived from the original on January 1, 2014. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- Abovian, Ellina (December 25, 2013). "Fresno Police Arrest Four Teens Related To Edison High School Shooting". KMPH Fox 26 News. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- Jacob, Mariana (December 24, 2013). "Multiple arrests made in Edison High School teacher shooting". KSFN TV Fox 30 News. Retrieved December 26, 2013.
- WMC TV Staff (January 9, 2014). "Student in custody for shooting at Jackson high school". WMC TV. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- WMC TV Staff (January 10, 2014). "Student charged with shooting on Jackson high school campus". WMC TV. Archived from the original on 2014-01-11. Retrieved January 11, 2014.
- "14-year-old student shot outside school basketball game". January 13, 2014. Archived from the original on January 16, 2014. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Shooting reported at New Mexico middle school". CNN. January 14, 2014. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "Student opened fire in Roswell school gym". KRQE. January 14, 2014. Archived from the original on January 15, 2014. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- "Boy, 12, faces battery charge in New Mexico school shooting". Reuters. January 16, 2014. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Rayman, Noah. "Second Philadelphia High School Shooter Suspect Surrenders" – via nation.time.com.
- "Arrests made in shooting of Albany High student".
- "Police identify primary suspect in shooting near Carbondale school". Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "Hawaii school shooting: Cop shoots teen who assaulted three officers".
- "Witness to North High shooting: 'It takes you a second to realize if it's real or not'". Archived from the original on 2014-02-03.
- Stewart, Will; Brady, Tara (February 3, 2014). "Student gunman kills policeman and teacher in hostage takeover of class of 20 students in school near Moscow". Daily Mail. London.
- Julien, Joel. "Probe into second school stabbing".
- Cuneo, Clementine. "Teenager stabbed in chest at Shoalhaven High School".
- "Video: 2 people sought in Salisbury high school shooting".
- "2 Arrests After Shots Fired in Brush High School Parking Lot". February 11, 2014. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- "Bullet struck empty police cruiser outside Brush High School near the end of boys' basketball game". February 12, 2014. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- Luciew, John (March 28, 2014). "Boy's beating in high school locker room over tennis shoes is caught on tape: Are schools safe?". The Patriot News.
- Thomas, Tony (March 27, 2014). "Father of boy beaten at school wants stiffer charges for attacker". WSB-TV.
- "Fourth person arrested after shots fired outside Banneker High School". March 26, 2014. Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- Saunders, Doug (March 25, 2014). "One student stabbed, another arrested after Ontario schoolyard brawl". San Bernardino Sun.
- "Stabbing At Boston Cambridge Rindge And Latin School, 19-Year-Old Arrested".
- Grave-Lazi, Lidar (March 30, 2014). "15-year-old stabbed, moderately wounded at Ashdod school". Jerusalem Post.
- McClam, Erin (April 9, 2014). "School Stabbing Spree: 20 Hurt in Pittsburgh-Area Bloodbath". NBC News.
- "More Security At D.H. Conley High School". April 9, 2014. Retrieved April 10, 2014.
- "Teen shot in parking lot at East English Village Preparatory Academy in Detroit". April 11, 2014. Archived from the original on April 13, 2014. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Detroit teen shot after school event dies". April 13, 2014. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Pupils stabbed on school bus in KZN". News24. April 12, 2014.
- "3 teen males arrested after Brampton high school stabbing". CBC News. April 15, 2014.
- Teen stabbed after spat over bus seat, News24, April 17, 2014.
- "Bond set for Piper High School stabbing suspect; Victim leaves hospital". Local10. April 18, 2014.
- "Honor Student Stabbed to Death at Jonathan Law". NBC News. April 25, 2014.
- Milford high school student stabbed to death, Connecticut Post, April 26, 2014.
- "Teacher stabbed to death at Leeds school". April 25, 2014.
- Police: 5 teens face charges in school bus beating Archived 2014-05-07 at the Wayback Machine., Associated Press, May 2, 2014.
- 13-year-old school stabbing victim recovering, Los Banos Enterprise, May 5, 2014.
- "De un balazo mata joven de 15 años a compañero en salón de clases". La Policiaca. May 6, 2014.
- "Student shot in drive-by at Richmond's Kennedy High School". May 14, 2014. Archived from the original on May 14, 2014. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- Ford, Dana and Hanna, Jason
- "Pangasinan school shooting fatalities now 4". Inquirer.Net.
- "5 in custody after shooting outside NW Miami-Dade School". September 9, 2014. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- , The Canadian Press, September 23, 2014.
- Maskel, Jeremy (2 October 2014). "Charge dismissed in fatal high school fight". ketv.com.
- Students return to class after teen classmate shot on school grounds Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine., WBTV, September 30, 2014.
- "Students describe chaos in Fern Creek shooting". Courier Journal. September 30, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "LMPD: Student shot at Fern Creek Traditional High School". Wave3 News. September 30, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Suspect named in fatal Fulton high school shooting". Atlanta Journal Constitution. October 8, 2014. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- "Police: Strong leads in shooting at Fulton football game". October 6, 2014. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- "Student rushed to hospital after bloody attack in Manchester band room". wtvr.com. 13 October 2014.
- "Police Detain Suspect Following Fatal Stabbing at Sami High School". yle.fi.
- "Estonia School Shooting Leaves Teacher Dead". Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Teen dies, 1 charged in Miami Carol City High School shooting". Local 10 News. November 25, 2014. Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- Staff, FOX 12. "Third suspect arrested in shooting outside Rosemary Anderson High School". kptv.com.
- Sebens, Shelby (13 December 2014). "Three shot near Portland, Oregon high school - police". www.msn.com. Archived from the original on 2014-12-13.
- "Milwaukee man charged in Wisconsin Lutheran High School shooting". Journal Sentinel. January 22, 2015. Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- "Girl, 14, shot in high school parking lot, Ocala police say". Click Orlando. January 19, 2015. Retrieved June 10, 2015.
- Second arrest made in connection with stabbing death at middle school, Los Angeles Times
- Jones, Paige (February 4, 2015). "Two students wounded in Frederick High School shooting". The Frederick News-Post. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- Two arrests made in killing of 16-year-old Merced boy, Merced Sun-Star, March 2, 2015.
- "Student Seriously Injured In Stabbing At Spring Valley High School". cbslocal.com. 10 March 2015.
- "13-Year-Old Boy Stabs Student In Martinez Middle School Locker Room". cbslocal.com. 26 March 2015.
- "Deputy shot while directing school traffic in apparent ambush". WWLTV. April 16, 2015. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Police: Boy, 12, stabs Painted Hills Middle School classmate". desertsun.com.
- "Gunman tackled by teacher after firing shots at N. Thurston H.S." KOMO News. April 27, 2015. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- "Washington teacher who stopped shooter's first thought: Get the gun away". Chicago Tribune. Tribune wire reports; AP. 28 April 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Midrand schoolboys' fight ends tragically with scissors stabbing". www.enca.com.
- "Search continues for 16-year-old suspect in school bus shooting". Action News JAX. May 15, 2015. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Man, 19, charged in alleged Shellbrook school stabbing". cbc.ca.
- "Ennerdale pupils arrested after fatal stabbing". www.enca.com.
- News, Brad Bell, John Gonzalez, ABC 7. "Student seriously injured in stabbing at Frederick Douglass High School in Maryland". wjla.com.
- Kelvin schoolyard scuffle turned deadly, court hears 9, Winnipeg Sun, August 13, 2015.
- "Bradford school stabbing: boy charged with attempted murder of teacher". theguardian.com. The Guardian. 12 June 2015.
- "Armed Student Holds Hostages at West Virginia High School, Surrenders". NBC News. August 25, 2015.
- "After School Fight, One Boy Dead, His Classmate Detained". ndtv.com.
- "Student injured in stabbing at East View HS". kvue.com.
- Kelly, Trent. "Mariner student charged after on-campus stabbing". nbc-2.com.
- WITN. "Two charged after teacher and student cut at J.H. Rose High School". witn.com.
- Johnson, Porcha (26 October 2015). "14-Year-Old student charged in stabbing attack at school". wgal.com.
- Police: Student Stabbed at Baltimore High School Dies, ABC News, December 21, 2015
- Rick McCrabb, Lauren Pack and Ed Richter (29 February 2016). "Latest on Madison H.S. shooting". WHIO (AM) (Dayton, Ohio).
- Lauren Clark (2 March 2016). "Parents of Madison H.S. shooting suspect speak; victim returns". WHIO (AM) (Dayton, Ohio).
- "Students Shot Outside San Francisco High School". ABC News.
- "Update: SFPD Arrests 2 in June Jordan School Shooting". KQED. October 20, 2016.
- "Murder charge laid in fatal stabbing at Abbotsford high school". CBC News.
- "Utah teen targeted random students in school stabbing". Fox News.
- "The youngest author of the attack in Monterrey school declares brain death (Spanish)". Lopez Doriga Digital. 18 January 2017.
- "Spread of names of gunshot wounded at American College (Spanish)". SDP Noticias. 18 January 2017.
- "15-year-old student shoots teacher, 3 classmates at American school in Mexico". Fox News (World). 2 March 2016.
- "Muere Maestra baleada en Colegio Americano del Noreste (Spanish)". Milenio. 29 March 2017.
- "Teenager held over French school shooting". BBC News. 16 March 2017.
- Larson, Amy (March 21, 2017). "Photo released of suspect after King City High student shot". KSBW.
- Kentz, Rachel (August 22, 2017). "Suspect arrested in March shooting near King City High". The Californian.
- "1 dead, 3 hurt in shooting at Spokane-area high school". Oregon Live. Associated Press. September 13, 2017. Retrieved September 13, 2017.
- "Mattoon Community Unit School District 2 – MHS students, staff secure following shooting". www.mattoon.k12.il.us. Archived from the original on September 21, 2017. Retrieved September 21, 2017.
- Press, Associated. "Suspect in Custody After Injuring One in Shooting at Illinois High School". Time. Archived from the original on September 20, 2017. Retrieved September 21, 2017.
- "High school stabbing in the Bronx". New York Times. September 27, 2017.
- "Chinese Police Hold Teen After Fatal Stabbing in Hunan High School". RFA.org.
- "13-Year-Old Boy Impaled by Sword as He 'Played' With Classmate". Epoch Times.
- "Teen in Russia axes students and burns classroom in third school attack in a week". telegraph.co.uk.
- Lam, Katherine (22 January 2018). "Texas high school shooting leaves 1 student wounded; suspect in custody, police say". foxnews.com.
- "16-year-old boy charged in Texas shooting, wounded student remains hospitalized". nbcnews.com.
- Carroll, John. "Paramedic: Girl wounded in area school shooting bravest 'I've ever seen'". kwtx.com.
- "A Look at all 11 school shooting that took place in the first 23 days of 2018". MPRNews. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Kentucky school shooting: 2 dead, 15 more shot at Marshall County High School -- live updates". cbsnews.com.
- "Two dead, suspect in custody after shooting at Kentucky high school". nbcnews.com.
- CNN, Holly Yan, AnneClaire Stapleton and Paul P. Murphy,. "Kentucky school shooting: 2 students killed, 18 injured". cnn.com.
- "Russian Schoolgirl Shoots Classmates With Gas Pistol, Seven Injured". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. March 21, 2018.
- "Three Students, Teacher Hospitalized After Teen Attacks School In Russia". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. April 18, 2018.
- "China stabbings: Nine students killed in Shaanxi". BBC News. April 28, 2018.
- "Student shot at Highland High School in Palmdale, former schoolmate in custody". CBS Interactive Inc. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- Fernandez, Manny; Fausset, Richard; Bidgood, Jess (2018-05-18). "Texas School Shooting: 10 Dead, 10 Hurt, and Many Not Surprised It Happened". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Here's what we know about the Noblesville West Middle School shooting that injured student, teacher". FOX59. Retrieved 25 May 2018.
- "Police: 2 injured in shooting at Noblesville West Middle School in Indiana". CBS Interactive Inc. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- School-Related Deaths, School Shootings, & School Violence Incidents: 2000–2001, National School Safety and Security Services
- School-Related Deaths, School Shootings, & School Violence Incidents: 2002–2003, National School Safety and Security Services
- School-Related Deaths, School Shootings, & School Violence Incidents: 2004–2005, National School Safety and Security Services
- School-Related Deaths, School Shootings, & School Violence Incidents: 2006–2007, National School Safety and Security Services
- School-Related Deaths, School Shootings, & School Violence Incidents: 2007–2008, National School Safety and Security Services
- School-Related Deaths, School Shootings, & School Violence Incidents: 2008–2009, National School Safety and Security Services
- School-Related Deaths, School Shootings, & School Violence Incidents: 2009–2010, National School Safety and Security Services