List of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder organizations
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder organizations)
Groups supporting ADHD individuals
In the UK:
- the Hyperactive Children's Support Group (HACSG) a registered charity that is a proponent of a dietary approach to treating hyperactivity.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Information and Support Service provides information and resources about ADHD to parents, people with ADHD, teachers or health professionals.
- Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder working to raise the profile of adults with ADHD.
In the US:
- Attention Deficit Disorder Resources (ADD Resources or ADDR) helps people with ADHD achieve their full potential through education, support and networking opportunities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA) helping adults with ADHD live better lives.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder (CHADD) a membership organization that hosts support groups for individuals with ADHD, publishes Attention! magazine and sponsors an annual conference and runs the National Resource Center on ADHD clearinghouse for evidence-based information on ADHD.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA) support for parents and teachers of children with learning disabilities
- Edge Foundation providing coaches that specialize in high school and college students with ADHD
- LDOnline bringing support and resources focusing on learning disabilities, learning disorders and differences.
In the Middle East:
- The Saudi ADHD Society - known as AFTA - is a registered charity with branches in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Alkhobar who provide specialized training and information about ADHD in Arabic.
- Reach2Change -R2C- is a Coaching center and support groups for English and Arabic speaking Adults with ADHD. They hold regular meetings and workshops in Dubai and Riyadh.