List of automobile manufacturers of the United States
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of current automobile manufacturers of the United States.
The currently active brands from the "big three" manufacturers (Ford, General Motors and Fiat Chrysler) are shown below.
|General Motors||Buick||Founded in 1899 as 'Buick Auto-Vim and Power Company'. |
Formed General Motors in 1908.
|Cadillac||Founded as Henry Ford Company in 1901. |
Renamed to Cadillac in 1902.
Acquired by General Motors in 1909.
|Chevrolet||Founded in 1911. |
Acquired by General Motors in 1918
|GMC||Formed in 1908 during a restructure of GM's commercial brands.|
|Fiat Chrysler Automobiles||Chrysler||Formed in 1925 as the founding brand of Chrysler Corporation |
(the predecessor to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles).
|Dodge||Formed in 1914. |
Acquired by Chrysler in 1928.
|Jeep||Formed by Willys-Overland in 1941. |
Merged with Kaiser Motors in 1953.
Acquired by AMC in 1970.
Acquired by Chrysler in 1987.
|RAM||Formed in 2009 during a restructure of Chrysler's truck brands.|
|Ford Motor Company||Ford||Founded in 1903.|
|Lincoln Motor Company||Founded in 1917. |
Acquired by Ford Motor Company in 1922.
- Anteros (2005–present)
- Callaway (1977–present)
- Equus (2013–present)
- Falcon (2009–present)
- Hennessey Special Vehicles (2017–present)
- Karma Automotive (2016–present)
- Local (2007–present)
- Panoz (1989–present)
- Rossion (2007–present)
- Shelby American (1992–present)
- Saleen (1983–present)
- SSC (1999–present)
- Tesla (2004–present)
- Georgano, Nick, ed. (2000). Beaulieu Encyclopedia of the Automobile. Fitzroy Dearborn. ISBN 9781579582937.
- Kimes, Beverly; Clark Jr., Henry Austin (1996). Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805–1942 (Third ed.). Krause Publications. ISBN 0-87341-428-4.
- Kimes, Beverly (1997). Kowalke, Ron (ed.). Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946–1975 (Fourth ed.). Krause Publications. ISBN 9780873415217.
- Mazur, Eligiusz, ed. (2006). World of Cars 2006/2007: Worldwide Car Catalogue. Media Connection. ISSN 1734-2945.