List of awards and nominations received by Led Zeppelin
Clockwise, from top left: Jimmy Page, John Bonham, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones
Led Zeppelin were an English rock band who were active from 1968–1980. They are widely considered to be one of the most powerful, innovative, successful, and influential bands in the history of rock music. Led Zeppelin have sold over 300 million albums worldwide, including 111.5 million certified units in the United States, making them one of the world's best-selling music artists in history, as well as the second best selling band of all time in the United States.
- 1 American Music Awards
- 2 Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards
- 3 GQ Men Of The Year Awards
- 4 Grammy Awards
- 5 Ivor Novello Awards
- 6 Kennedy Center Honors
- 7 Melody Maker Awards
- 8 MOJO Awards
- 9 NME Awards
- 10 Polar Music Prize
- 11 Q Awards
- 12 Radio Music Awards
- 13 Surround Music Awards
- 14 UK Music Video Awards
- 15 Inductions
- 16 References
American Music Awards
|1995||Led Zeppelin||International Artist Award||Won|||
Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards
Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards are presented annually by Classic Rock magazine. In November 2008, Led Zeppelin won "Event of the Year" for their 2007 reunion show. In 2013, they won "Film of the Year" for Celebration Day. In 2014, they won "Reissue of the Year" for the deluxe editions of their first three albums (Led Zeppelin I, II, and III).
|2008||Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert||Event of the Year||Won|
|2013||Celebration Day||Film of the Year||Won|
|2014||Led Zeppelin I, II, & III Deluxe Edition||Reissue of the Year||Won|
GQ Men Of The Year Awards
|2008||Led Zeppelin||Outstanding Achievement Award||Won|
The Grammy Awards are awarded annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences in the United States. Led Zeppelin received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005. During their tenure as a band, their albums Led Zeppelin II, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti, Presence, and In Through the Out Door each received nominations for Best Recording Package. Led Zeppelin had also received a nomination for Best New Artist in 1969, but they lost to Crosby, Stills & Nash. Led Zeppelin IV, "Stairway to Heaven", Led Zeppelin and "Whole Lotta Love" were inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999, 2003, 2004 and 2007 respectively.
|1970||Led Zeppelin||Best New Artist||Nominated|||
|David Juniper for Led Zeppelin II||Best Recording Package||Nominated|
|1974||Hipgnosis for Houses of the Holy||Best Recording Package||Nominated|||
|1976||AGI for Physical Graffiti||Best Recording Package||Nominated|||
|1977||Hipgnosis & Hardie for Presence||Best Recording Package||Nominated|||
|1980||Hipgnosis for In Through the Out Door||Best Recording Package||Nominated|||
|1999||Led Zeppelin IV||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2003||"Stairway to Heaven"||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2004||Led Zeppelin||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2007||"Whole Lotta Love"||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2014||"Kashmir"||Best Rock Performance||Nominated|||
|Celebration Day||Best Rock Album||Won|
Ivor Novello Awards
The Ivor Novello Awards are presented annually in London by the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. Led Zeppelin were awarded an Ivor Novello Award for "Outstanding Contribution to British Music" on 12 May 1977. The band also received a "Liftetime Achievement Award" at the 42nd Annual Ivor Novello Awards in May 1997.
|1977||Led Zeppelin||Ivor Novello Award||Won|
|1997||Led Zeppelin||Liftetime Achievement Award||Won|
Kennedy Center Honors
Melody Maker Awards
The Melody Maker Awards were presented by the England's oldest music magazine Melody Maker. Led Zeppelin were honoured with several Melody Maker Awards in 1970, 1975 and 1979.
The MOJO Awards (or Mojo Honours Lists) is an awards ceremony that began in 2004 by Mojo, a popular music magazine published monthly by Bauer in the United Kingdom. Led Zeppelin received a MOJO Award in 2008 for the "best live act", as voted by the readers.
The New Musical Express (better known as the NME) hosts the Shockwaves NME Awards and "NME Pop Poll". Led Zeppelin topped the readers poll for consecutive three years (1974–76) under the category of the best "Vocal Group". In 2008, Led Zeppelin got a Shockwaves NME Awards nomination under the category of the "Best Music DVD" for The Song Remains the Same.
Polar Music Prize
Radio Music Awards
The Radio Music Awards was an annual U.S. award show that honours the year's most successful songs on mainstream radio. Led Zeppelin were nominated for "Artist of the Year/Rock Radio" in 2005.
Surround Music Awards
UK Music Video Awards
|2013||Celebration Day||Best Live Music Coverage||Won|
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
UK Music Hall of Fame
Mojo Hall of Fame 100
Led Zeppelin were inducted into the Mojo Hall of Fame 100 in November 2003.
- "Led Zeppelin, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Biography". Rockhall. Archived from the original on 17 July 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- The 10 Led Zeppelin songs you really should know. The Times
- Led Zeppelin- the Band. BBC h2g2. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- Bill Meredith. Robert Plant. Allmusic. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- Scott Witmer. History of Rock Bands. ISBN 978-1-60453-692-8. ABDO Publishing Company.
- "RIAA News Room: The Recording Industry's New Diamond Award Mines Best-Sellers". RIAA. 31 March 1999. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- Gibson, Owen (16 October 2007). "Led Zeppelin to release songs digitally for the first time". The Guardian. London: Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- RIAA. "Top Selling Artists". Archived from the original on 1 July 2007.
- "Top Selling Artists". RIAA. Archived from the original on 13 July 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- The International Newsweekly of Music: 11 Feb 1995. Billboard
- "Led Zeppelin American Music Awards 1995". LedZeppelin.com. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin Scoop Classic Rock Awards. Gigwise.com.
- Victoria Hannaford. Led Zeppelin at GQ Awards. BBC. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Lifetime Achievement Award". Grammy. 8 February 2009. Archived from the original on 13 February 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Grammy Awards 1970". awardsandshows.com. Awards and Shows. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- "Grammy Award Nominees 1974 – Grammy Award Winners 1974". www.awardsandshows.com. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Grammy Award Nominees 1976 – Grammy Award Winners 1976". www.awardsandshows.com. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Grammy Award Nominees 1977 – Grammy Award Winners". www.awardsandshows.com. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Grammy Award Nominees 1980 – Grammy Award Winners 1980". www.awardsandshows.com. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- "Grammys 2014: The complete list of nominees and winners". LA Times. Los Angeles times. 26 January 2014. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Robert Plant (Ivor Novello Awards 1977). Ledzep.com.
- Led Zeppelin Get All-Star Tribute at Kennedy Center Honors. Rolling Stone.
- "A Brief History Of The MOJO Honours List". MOJO / Bauer. Archived from the original on 6 April 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "MOJO Award Winners". BBC. 16 June 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- Pop Poll Results 1952–1996. NME. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "Polar Music Prize to Led Zeppelin and Russia's Valery Gergiev". Monstersandcritics.com. 22 May 2006. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Official Video: Q Merit Award". Ledzeppelin.com. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- 2003 Surround Music Award Winners. About.com.
- "About us". UK Music Video Awards. Archived from the original on 6 July 2015. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- Long, Christian (1 September 2015). "Booze, Boos, And Plenty Of Shade Thrown: The 1995 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction". Uproxx. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- "UK Hall of Fame Induction – November 14, 2006". led zeppelin.com. Retrieved 10 November 2017.