List of awards and nominations received by Led Zeppelin
This is a list of awards received by the English rock band Led Zeppelin. They are widely considered to be one of the most powerful, innovative, successful, and influential bands in the history of rock music. Led Zeppelin have sold over 300 million albums worldwide, including 111.5 million certified units in the United States, making them one of the world's best-selling music artists in history, as well as the second best selling band of all time in the United States.
- 1 American Music Awards
- 2 Classic Rock Awards
- 3 GQ Men Of The Year Awards
- 4 Grammy Awards
- 5 Ivor Novello Awards
- 6 Kennedy Center Honors
- 7 Melody Maker Awards
- 8 MOJO Awards
- 9 NME Awards
- 10 Polar Music Prize
- 11 Q Awards
- 12 Radio Music Awards
- 13 Surround Music Awards
- 14 Inductions
- 15 References
American Music Awards
|Year||Recipient / Nominated work||Award||Result|
|2005||2007 reunion||International Artist Award||Won|
Classic Rock Awards
The Classic Rock Awards are presented annually by Classic Rock magazine. In November 2008, Led Zeppelin won "Event of the Year" for their 2007 reunion show. In 2014, they won "Reissue of the Year" for the deluxe editions of their first three albums (Led Zeppelin I, II, and III).
GQ Men Of The Year Awards
The Grammy Awards are awarded annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences in the United States. Led Zeppelin received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005. Led Zeppelin had also received a nomination for the "Best New Artist" in 1969, but they lost to Crosby, Stills & Nash. Led Zeppelin IV, "Stairway to Heaven", Led Zeppelin and "Whole Lotta Love" were inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999, 2003, 2004 and 2007 respectively.
|Year||Recipient / Nominated work||Award||Result|
|1970||Led Zeppelin||Best New Artist||Nominated|
|1999||Led Zeppelin IV||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2003||"Stairway to Heaven"||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2004||Led Zeppelin||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2007||"Whole Lotta Love"||Grammy Hall of Fame||Won|
|2014||"Kashmir"||Best Rock Performance||Nominated|
|2014||"Celebration Day"||Best Rock Album||Won|
Ivor Novello Awards
The Ivor Novello Awards are presented annually in London by the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors. Led Zeppelin were awarded an Ivor Novello Award for "Outstanding Contribution to British Music" on 12 May, 1977. The band also received a "Liftetime Achievement Award" at the 42nd Annual Ivor Novello Awards in May 1997.
Kennedy Center Honors
Melody Maker Awards
The Melody Maker Awards were presented by the England's oldest music magazine Melody Maker. Led Zeppelin were honoured with several Melody Maker Awards in 1970, 1975 and 1979.
The MOJO Awards (or Mojo Honours Lists) is an awards ceremony that began in 2004 by Mojo, a popular music magazine published monthly by Bauer in the United Kingdom. Led Zeppelin received a MOJO Award in 2008 for the "best live act", as voted by the readers.
The New Musical Express (better known as the NME) hosts the Shockwaves NME Awards and "NME Pop Poll". Led Zeppelin topped the readers poll for consecutive three years (1974–76) under the category of the best "Vocal Group". In 2008, Led Zeppelin got a Shockwaves NME Awards nomination under the category of the "Best Music DVD" for The Song Remains the Same.
Polar Music Prize
Radio Music Awards
The Radio Music Awards was an annual U.S. award show that honours the year's most successful songs on mainstream radio. Led Zeppelin were nominated for "Artist of the Year/Rock Radio" in 2005.
Surround Music Awards
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Led Zeppelin were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on 12 January, 1995.
UK Music Hall of Fame
Led Zeppelin were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame on 14 November, 2006.
Mojo Hall of Fame 100
Led Zeppelin were inducted into the Mojo Hall of Fame 100 in November 2003..
- "Led Zeppelin, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Biography". Rockhall. Retrieved 2010-09-05.
- The 10 Led Zeppelin songs you really should know. The Times
- Led Zeppelin- the Band. BBC h2g2. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- Bill Meredith. Robert Plant. Allmusic. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- Scott Witmer. History of Rock Bands. ISBN 978-1-60453-692-8. ABDO Publishing Company.
- "RIAA News Room: The Recording Industry's New Diamond Award Mines Best-Sellers". RIAA. 31 March 1999. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- Gibson, Owen (2007-10-16). "Led Zeppelin to release songs digitally for the first time". The Guardian (London: Guardian Media Group). Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- RIAA. "Top Selling Artists".
- "Top Selling Artists". RIAA. Retrieved 2011-01-08.
- The International Newsweekly of Music: 11 Feb 1995. Billboard
- Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin Scoop Classic Rock Awards. Gigwise.com.
- Victoria Hannaford. Led Zeppelin at GQ Awards. BBC. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Lifetime Achievement Award". Grammy. 8 February 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- Robert Plant (Ivor Novello Awards 1977). Ledzep.com.
- Led Zeppelin Get All-Star Tribute at Kennedy Center Honors. Rolling Stone.
- "A Brief History Of The MOJO Honours List". MOJO / Bauer. Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- "MOJO Award Winners". BBC. 16 June 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- Pop Poll Results 1952–1996. NME. Retrieved 18 April 2010.
- "Polar Music Prize to Led Zeppelin and Russia's Valery Gergiev". Monstersandcritics.com. 22 May 2006. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- "Official Video: Q Merit Award". Ledzeppelin.com. Retrieved 5 September 2010.
- 2003 Surround Music Award Winners. About.com.