List of awards and nominations received by Rosalía
This article was nominated for deletion. The discussion was closed on 18 September 2019 with a consensus to merge the content into the article Rosalía (singer). If you find that such action has not been taken promptly, please consider assisting in the merger instead of re-nominating the article for deletion. To discuss the merger, please use the destination article's talk page. (September 2019)
Rosalía performing in Madrid in July 2017.
Spanish singer and songwriter Rosalía has won more than 18 awards during her career. Her debut album Los Ángeles was released in February 2017. It peaked at No. 9 on the PROMUSICAE musical chart. The album spawned only one single, "Catalina", which is a cover of the Manuel Vallejo song of that same name. Thanks to this project, she won the 2017 RNE Critical Eye Award for Modern Music as well as the Time Out, Rockdelux, ABC and Ruido de la Prensa award for Album of the Year.
In 2018, Rosalía became an international phenomenon after releasing "Malamente", the lead single of her second studio album El Mal Querer, released in November 2018. The album spawned the singles "Malamente", "Pienso en tu Mirá", "Di Mi Nombre" and "Bagdad". All of them became a top 10 hit in Spain. "Di Mi Nombre" became her first ever number one single and topped the Spanish charts for two weeks. At the 2018 Latin Grammy Awards, "Malamente" won the Best Urban Fusion/Performance and Best Alternative Song award and garnered five nominations. The song's music video, directed by Canada, also won a UK Music Video award for Best Pop International Video. Her compromise and love for her hometown, Barcelona, made her receive the honorific Ciutat de Barcelona award in late 2018.
The year after, Rosalía embarked on her first world tour, El Mal Querer Tour, which run from March to November 2019 and visited countries as the United States, Canada, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Colombia and Mexico, between others. To support the beginning of the tour, she released her second collaboration with Colombian singer J Balvin, "Con altura". The song became an international hit in Spring 2019. Rosalía was the only musician featured in Time magazine's list of "Next Generation Leaders" and her song "Con altura" was named one of the best songs of the year by the prestigious magazine. The song and it's music video earned her four MTV Video Music Awards nominations out of which she won two, including "Best Latin Video", making her the first Spanish and first woman to win the award. Through that same year, she has been nominated for two Teen Choice Awards, four MTV MIAW awards, three Latin American Music Awards and other four nominations for the Premis Alicia a la Música Catalana, which awards the most excellent artists in Catalonia. That same year, she played a little role in the Pedro Almodóvar film Dolor y Gloria (2019), for which she won the Premio Antonio Banderas a las Artes Escénicas.
Awards and nominations
|Award||Year[a]||Category||Recipient(s) and nominee(s)||Result|
|ABC Awards||2017||Best National Record||"Los Ángeles"||Won|
|Altaveu Awards||2019||Excellence Award||Herself||Won|
|BBC Sound of the Year||2019||Best Sound of 2019||Won|
|Berlin Commercial Awards||2019||Best Costume Design||"De Aquí No Sales"||Won|
|BreakTudo Awards||2019||Artist On The Rise||Herself||Pending|
|Boom Video Of The Year||"Con Altura"||Pending|
|Ciutat de Barcelona||2018||Excellence Award||Herself||Won|
|Enderrock Awards||2019||Best Non-Catalan Album||"El Mal Querer"||Won|
|Glamour Awards||2017||Artist of the Year||Herself||Won|
|Latin American Music Awards||2019||Best New Artist||Pending|
|Favorite Female Artist||Pending|
|Favorite Pop Album||"El Mal Querer"||Pending|
|Latin Grammy Awards||2017||Best New Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|2018||Best Alternative Song||"Malamente"||Won|
|Best Short Form Music Video||Nominated|
|Best Urban Fusion/Performance||Won|
|Record of the Year||Nominated|
|Song of the Year||Nominated|
|Los40 Music Awards||2019||Album of the Year||"El Mal Querer"||Pending|
|Artist of the Year||Herself||Pending|
|Los40 Global Show||"Con Altura"||Pending|
|Video of the Year||Pending|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||2018||Best Spanish Act||Herself||Nominated|
|MTV Millennial Awards||2019||MIAW Artist||Nominated|
|Best Female Artist||Nominated|
|Ship of the Year (Best Collaboration)||"Con Altura"||Nominated|
|Video of the Year||"Pienso en tu Mirá"||Nominated|
|MTV Video Music Awards||2019||Best New Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|Best Choreography||"Con Altura"||Won|
|Best Latin Video||Won|
|Song of the Summer||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||2019||Choice Breakout Artist||Herself||Nominated|
|Choice Latin Song||"Con Altura"||Nominated|
|Time Out Awards||2017||Album of the Year||"Los Ángeles"||Won|
|UK Music Video Awards||2017||Best Styling in a Video||"De Plata"||Nominated|
|Best International Pop Video||Won|
|"Pienso en tu Mirá"||Nominated|
|Best Production Design in a Video||"Malamente"||Nominated|
|Pitchfork Awards||2018||Video of the Year||Won|
|Premis Alicia a l'Academia de Música Catalana||2019||Album of the Year||"El Mal Querer"||Pending|
|Composition of the Year||Pending|
|Premios Antonio Banderas||2019||Honorific Award for the Performing Arts||Won|
|Premios Juventud||2019||New to the US, but big at home||Won|
|Best Coreography||"Con Altura"||Nominated|
|Premios Lo Nuestro||2019||Video of the Year||"Malamente"||Nominated|
|Premios RNE||2017||Critical Eye Award||Herself||Won|
|Premios Ruido||2018||Ruido de la Prensa Award||"Los Ángeles"||Won|
- Indicates the year of ceremony. Each year is linked to the article about the awards held that year, wherever possible.
- elEconomista.es (2017-02-10). "Rosalía, revelación del nuevo flamenco, lanza su disco de debut "Los Ángeles" - EcoDiario.es". ecodiario.eleconomista.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "Rosalía & Raül Refree dan una vuelta a los tangos en 'Catalina'". jenesaispop.com (in Spanish). 2016-10-18. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "Premios Time Out Barcelona 2017". Time Out Barcelona (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "Los diez mejores discos nacionales de 2017, según ABC". abc (in Spanish). 2017-12-30. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "Rosalía consigue el primer triple número 1 en las listas españolas". El Independiente (in Spanish). 2018-11-20. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- Noain, Idoya (2018-11-16). "Rosalía conquista sus dos primeros Grammy latinos". elperiodico (in Spanish). Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- "Rosalía, Josep Pedrals i Jordi Prat i Coll, premis Ciutat de Barcelona 2018". Ara.cat (in Catalan). 2019-01-31. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- "The 10 Best Songs of 2019 (So Far)". Time. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- Roth, Madeline. "Rosalía And J Balvin's VMA Victory For Best Latin Came With A Timely Message About Immigration". MTV News. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- Girona, Diari de. "Rosalía i Clara Peya, finalistes als Premis Alícia de l'Acadèmia". www.diaridegirona.cat (in Catalan). Retrieved 2019-09-11.