List of banks in Thailand
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
List of banks in Thailand
There are 36 licensed banks with combined total assets of US$470 billion.
- 1 State-owned banks
- 2 Thai Commercial and Retail Banks
- 3 Foreign banks with Bangkok branch
- 4 Representative offices in Thailand
- 5 Bank holidays
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- Government Savings Bank
- Government Housing Bank
- Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Co-operatives (BAAC)
- Export–Import Bank of Thailand
- Islamic Bank of Thailand
- SME Development Bank of Thailand
Thai Commercial and Retail Banks
Commercial banks ranked by total assets
|1||Bangkok Bank||US$83.6 billion|
|2||Krungthai Bank (56% owned by Thai government)||US$81 billion|
|3||Siam Commercial Bank||US$81.4 billion|
|5||Bank of Ayudhya (Krungsri)||US$35.2 billion|
|6||Thanachart Bank (49% owned by Scotiabank of Canada + merged with Siam City Bank)||US$28.4 billion|
|7||TMB Bank (30% owned by ING, 7% DBS, 26% Thai Ministry of Finance, 2% Thai military)||US$23.8 billion|
|8||Kiatnakin Bank||US$18.1 billion|
|9||CIMB Thai (subsidiary of CIMB of Malaysia)||US$8.2 billion|
|10||Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) (subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank of the UK)||US$ 6.1 billion|
|11||United Overseas Bank (Thai) (subsidiary of UOB of Singapore)||US$5.9 billion|
|12||Tisco Bank||US$3.4 billion|
|13||ICBC Bank (subsidiary of ICBC of China)||US$2.1 billion|
|14||Mega ICB (subsidiary of Mega ICB of Taiwan)||US$0.4 billion|
|1||The Thai Credit Retail Bank||US$81 million|
Foreign banks with Bangkok branch
Ranked by total assets as of 31 Dec 2006
|1||The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi (Japan)||US$7.3 billion|
|2||Citibank (US)||US$5.7 billion|
|3||Sumitomo Mitsui (Japan)||US$5.6 billion|
|4||Mizuho (Japan)||US$4.4 billion|
Foreign banks (European)
Foreign banks (Asian)
- Bank of China Ltd.
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd.
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation
- RHB Bank Berhad
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Foreign banks (North American)
- Bank of America N.A.
- Citibank Thailand
- JP Morgan Chase
- Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia) - through subsidiary Thanachart Banksss
Representative offices in Thailand
- American Express Bank
- The Asahi Bank Ltd.
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of New York
- Bayerische Landesbank
- Cathay United Bank
- Chinatrust Commercial Bank Ltd
- Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft
- Credit Industriel et Commercial(CIC)
- Credit Suisse
- Daiwa Bank
- The Development Bank of Singapore Ltd (DBS)
- EFG International
- First Commercial Bank (Republic of China)
- German Investment Corporation (DEG)
- Hachijuni Bank Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- ING Bank NV
- Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A.
- Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- Merrill Lynch International Bank Limited
- Natexis Banque Populaire
- Rabobank Nederland
- Resona Bank, Ltd.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Sanpaolo IMI S.p.A.
- UBS AG
- Union Bank of California, N.A.
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Westdeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- The World Bank Thailand
- The Yamaguchi Bank Ltd
- Bank of Thailand, central bank
- "Fitch Affirms Ratings on Six Policy Banks in Thailand". Fitch Ratings Thailand. 2014-12-01. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "The World's Biggest Public Companies, 2016 Ranking". Forbes. n.d. Retrieved 2016-12-08.
- "KBank at a Glance". Kasikornbank PCL. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "ABN AMRO Thailand". Bank Thailand Information Services. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "BNP Paribas in Thailand". Bank Thailand Information Services. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Deutsche Bank in Thailand". Deutsche Bank. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "HSBC Bank". Bank Thailand Information Services. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Thailand". Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Citibank Thailand". Citi. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Thailand". J.P. Morgan. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Financial institutions’ Holidays for B.E. 2560 (2017)". Bank of Thailand. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2016)|