List of battle royale games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of battle royale games, sorted chronologically. Information regarding date of release, developer, platform, and business model is provided when available.
|2017||March 23 2017 (Beta),
December 20, 2017
|PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds||PUBG Corporation||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Android||First-person / Third-person||Free only on Android and iOS||Yes||The game is based on previous mods that were created by Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene for other games, inspired by the 2000 Japanese film Battle Royale, and expanded into a standalone game under Greene's creative direction.|
|September 26, 2017 (Beta)||Fortnite Battle Royale||Epic Games||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, macOS, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch||Third-person||Yes||Yes||The player can build structures as defense or buildings. It is a companion game to Fortnite: Save the World.|
|September 30, 2017||Garena Free Fire||111 Dot Studio||Android, iOS||Third-Person||Yes||Yes|
|November 17, 2017||Rules of Survival||NetEase Games||Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS||First-person / Third-person||Yes||Yes|
|2018||February 28, 2018||Z1 Battle Royale||Daybreak Game Company||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4||First-person||Yes||Yes||Formerly known as H1Z1: King of the Kill|
|September 19, 2018||Ring of Elysium||Aurora Studios||Microsoft Windows||First-person / Third-person||Yes||Yes||The game features extreme sports like BMX and snowboarding with deadly, dynamic weather.|
|October 12, 2018||Blackout (Call of Duty: Black Ops 4)||Treyarch||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4||First-person||No||No||A battle royale mode for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4|
|October, 2018||Cyber Hunter||NetEase||Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS||First-person / Third-person||Yes||Yes|
|November 20, 2018||Firestorm (Battlefield V)||EA DICE||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4||First-person||No||No||A battle royale mode for Battlefield V|
|December 6, 2018||Danger Zone (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)||Valve Corporation||Microsoft Windows, Linux, OS X||First-person||Yes||No||Possible to play with group of friends as a squad of two or three players, or play solo. Total number of players is 16 or 18 on currently available maps.|
|2019||February 4, 2019||Apex Legends||Respawn Entertainment||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch||First-person||Yes||Yes||The game features squads of three players using pre-made characters, called "Legends"|
|May 24, 2019 (Beta)||Realm Royale||Heroic Leap Games||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch||Third-person||Yes||Yes||The game is a spin-off of the hero shooter Paladins, where it originated as a game mode known as Paladins: Battlegrounds.|
|June 10, 2019||Nuclear Winter (Fallout 76)||Bethesda Game Studios||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4||First-person / Third-person||No||No||A battle royale mode for Fallout 76|
|October 1, 2019||Call of Duty: Mobile||TiMi Studios||Android, iOS||First-person / Third-person||Yes||No|
|2020||January 14, 2020||Darwin Project||Scavengers Studio||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4||Third-person||Yes||Yes|
|March 10, 2020||Call of Duty: Warzone||Infinity Ward, Raven Software||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4||First-person||Yes||Yes||The game is a part of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare video game but does not require purchase of it.|
|July 12, 2020 (Beta)||Hyper Scape||Ubisoft||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4||First-person||Yes||Yes|
|August 4, 2020||Fall Guys||Mediatonic||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4||Third-person||No||Yes|
|September 3, 2020||Spellbreak||Proletariat||Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch||Third-person||Yes||Yes||Players use magical spells in place of guns, choosing from one of six classes wind, fire, ice, lightning, stone and toxic.|
- Zavarise, Giada (December 6, 2018). "How Battle Royale went from a manga to a Fortnite game mode". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved July 19, 2020.
- Hall, Charlie (February 5, 2016). "H1Z1 is splitting into two games, headed to consoles". Polygon. Retrieved July 19, 2020.
- Wales, Matt (August 14, 2018). "Call of Duty Black Ops 4's battle royale Blackout beta gets a September start date". Eurogamer. Retrieved July 19, 2020.
- Senior, Tom (March 21, 2019). "Battlefield 5 Firestorm's blazing inferno brings some urgency to battle royale". PC Gamer. Retrieved July 19, 2020.
- Phillips, Tom (January 4, 2018). "Paladins is getting a Battlegrounds-inspired mode and it is named Paladins: Battlegrounds". Eurogamer. Retrieved July 19, 2020.
- June 2018, Alex Avard 06. "Realm Royale is like Fortnite mixed with World of Warcraft, and it's better than it has any right to be". Official PlayStation Magazine. Retrieved July 19, 2020.
- "Call of Duty: Warzone confirmed as a standalone, free-to-play battle royale". PCGamesN. Retrieved July 19, 2020.