List of beers and breweries in Nigeria
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Beers and breweries in Nigeria
- Guinness Nigeria – a subsidiary of Diageo Plc of the United Kingdom, Guinness Nigeria was incorporated in 1962 with the building of a brewery in Ikeja, the heart of Lagos.
- Intafact Beverages Limited – SABMiller made an initial investment of over US$100m in the Onitsha brewery that was commissioned on 30 August 2012. The brewery produces Hero Lager, Castle Milk Stout, Grand Malt (non-alcoholic) and Beta Malt (non-alcoholic).
- International Breweries Plc – International Breweries Plc started production in December 1978 with an installed capacity of 200,000 hectolitres per annum, this increased to 500,000 hl/a in December 1982. Products include Trophy lager, Betamalt (a non-alcoholic malt beverage) and Trophy Black.
- Mopa Breweries, Ltd. – founded in 1980, the company produces One Lager, a popular lager, Lion Stout, and non-alcoholic malt beverages.
- Nigerian Breweries – the pioneer and largest brewing company in Nigeria, its first bottle of beer, STAR Lager, rolled off the bottling lines of its Lagos brewery in June 1949. The company produces several brands of beers and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Pabod Breweries - owned by SABMiller has a capacity of 250 000 hl/a originally commissioned in 1982
- Wilfort Dark Ale – A strong Brown Ale brewed and bottled by Sona Breweries PLC, of Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
- "Where we operate". Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- SABMiller's $110m expansion in Nigeria | News24 Nigeria
- AfricanSelect | International Breweries plc - INTBREW: IPO Details
- "Pabod Breweries Ltd". Retrieved 22 April 2015.