List of bells in Notre-Dame de Paris
This is a list of bells in Notre-Dame de Paris.
The cathedral has 10 bells. The bourdon called Emmanuel, which is tuned to F sharp. It has been an accompaniment to some of the most major events in the history of France ever since it was first cast, such as for the Te Deum for the coronation of French kings along with major events like the visit of the Pope, and others to mark the end of conflicts including World War I and World War II.
The original bells were looted from the cathedral during the French Revolution and melted into cannonballs. In honor of the original bells, each of the present day bells bears the name of a saint.
Bells in Notre-Dame de Paris
|Nr.||Image||Name||Year Cast||Mass (kg)||Diameter (cm)||Note||Audio||Tower|
- "Sonnerie des nouvelles cloches de Notre-Dame de Paris". (Archived 28 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine)
- "Disaster has struck, but the bells of Notre-Dame will ring again". Sky News. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- eutouring.com (c). "The Bells At Notre Dame Cathedral In Paris France". www.eutouring.com. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "The treasures of Notre-Dame". 16 April 2019. Retrieved 16 April 2019 – via www.bbc.com.
- Media related to Bells in Notre-Dame de Paris at Wikimedia Commons