List of best-selling Game Boy Advance video games
The best-selling video games of all-time on the Game Boy Advance (GBA) are Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. First released in Japan on November 21, 2002, the games went on to sell over 16 million units worldwide. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, enhanced remakes of the original Pokémon Red, Green and Blue games, are the second best-selling titles on the platform with sales in excess of 12 million copies. Pokémon Emerald, the enhanced version of Ruby and Sapphire, is third with sales of more than 7 million units. The top five is rounded out by Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, each of which sold over 5.5 million units.
A total of 39 Game Boy Advance games sold one million units or more. Of those, eleven titles were developed by internal Nintendo development divisions. Aside from these, the developers with the most million-selling titles include Game Freak (three games), HAL Laboratory, Intelligent Systems and Flagship (two games each). Nintendo published 31 of these 39 games. Other publishers with multiple million-selling entries include The Pokémon Company (five titles), THQ (three games), Konami and Namco (two titles each). The most popular franchises on Game Boy Advance are Pokémon (over 39 million combined units) and Super Mario (16.69 million combined units).
|Game was shipped with Game Boy Advance consoles during its lifetime|
- Only developers and publishers for the original release of each game are listed.
- Kirby & the Amazing Mirror features additional development by Dimps.
- Makuch, Eddie (October 15, 2013). "Pokemon X/Y sells 4 million in two days". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Williams, Mike (January 31, 2017). "Pokemon Sun and Moon Sells 14.69 Million Copies, X&Y Passes Black & White". USgamer. Gamer Network. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- O'Malley, James (September 11, 2015). "30 Best-Selling Super Mario Games of All Time on the Plumber's 30th Birthday". Gizmodo. Univision Communications. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- CESA Games White Papers. Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association.
- "US Platinum Chart Games". The Magic Box. Archived from the original on April 21, 2007. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- Top 10 of Everything 2017. London, England: Hachette UK. October 6, 2016. p. 118. ISBN 978-0600633747. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "GBA all through the week of 2013-02-04". Garaph. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "ELSPA Sales Awards: Gold". Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association. Archived from the original on June 17, 2010. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "ELSPA Sales Awards: Silver". Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association. Archived from the original on June 17, 2010. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- "Platinum Titles". Capcom. Archived from the original on December 1, 2016. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Parfitt, Ben (June 1, 2005). "Pokémon hits 100m milestone". The Market for Computer & Video Games. NewBay Media. Retrieved April 25, 2017.