List of best-selling Nintendo 64 video games
The best-selling video game of all-time on the Nintendo 64 is Super Mario 64. First released in Japan on June 23, 1996, it was a launch title for the system and the first Super Mario game to use three-dimensional graphics. The game went on to sell 11.91 million units worldwide. Mario Kart 64, the second in the Mario Kart series, is the second best-selling game on the platform, with sales of over 9.8 million copies. The console's top five is rounded out by Rare's GoldenEye 007 at third, with sales of just over 8 million units, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in fourth, with 7.6 million units sold worldwide, and Super Smash Bros. in fifth, with sales of over 5.5 million units.
A total of 45 Nintendo 64 games have sold a million or more units. Of those, twelve were developed by internal Nintendo development divisions. Aside from these, the developer with the most million-selling games is Rare, with seven titles in the top 45. Nintendo published 31 of these 45 games. Other publishers with multiple million-selling entries in the list include THQ (four games), Rare (three games) and Acclaim Entertainment (two games). The most popular franchises on Nintendo 64 include Pokémon (13.46 million combined units), The Legend of Zelda (10.96 million combined units), Donkey Kong (10.15 million combined units) and Star Wars (7.87 million combined units).
|Game was shipped with Nintendo 64 consoles during its lifetime|
- Only developers and publishers for the original release of each game are listed.
- O'Malley, James (September 11, 2015). "30 Best-Selling Super Mario Games of All Time on the Plumber's 30th Birthday". Gizmodo. Univision Communications. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Serafino, Jay (September 26, 2016). "10 Game-Changing Facts About the Nintendo 64". Mental Floss. Dennis Publishing. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "March 25, 2004". The Magic Box. Archived from the original on November 26, 2005. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Hansen, Steven (October 26, 2016). "More like Mario Kart 8 million: Here are the Wii U and 3DS best-sellers". Destructoid. ModernMethod. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- CESA Games White Papers. Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association.
- "Behind the scenes of Excitebike 64". GamesTM. Future plc. December 17, 2015. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "US Platinum Game Chart". The Magic Box. Archived from the original on April 21, 2007. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Watts, Martin (August 3, 2013). "Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Review - N64". Nintendo Life. Gamer Network. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "Acclaim Ships Over 1.4 Million Units of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil". Spectrum. Motion Blur Media. January 11, 1999. Retrieved April 24, 2017.