List of brackish aquarium invertebrate species
This is a list of various species of invertebrates, animals without a backbone, that are commonly found in brackish aquariums kept by hobby aquarists. Some species are intentionally collected for their desirable aesthetic characteristics. Others are kept to serve a functional role such as consuming algae in the aquarium. Some species are present only incidentally or are pest species.
Amano Shrimp/Yamato Shrimp, Caridina multidentata
Grass Shrimp/Glass Shrimp, Palaemonetes paludosus
Blue Crab, Callinectes sapidus
Lolliguncula is the only genus of cephalopods that is known to exist in brackish water. They can tolerate as low as 8.5 PPM of salt.
- Subgenus Loliopsis
- Dart squid, Lolliguncula diomedea
- Subgenus Lolliguncula
- "Fiddler Crab (Uca pugnax)". The Aquarium Wiki. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Sprung, Julian (September 2003). "Aquarium Invertebrates: Nerites: Bleeding Tooth, Zebras, Checkers And More". Advanced Aquarist. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- Sales, João Bráullio L.; Markaida, Unai; Shaw, Paul W.; Haimovici, Manuel; Ready, Jonathan S.; Figueredo-Ready, Wilsea M. B.; Angioletti, Fabricio; Carneiro, Manoela A.; Schneider, Horacio; Sampaio, Iracilda (2014). "Molecular Phylogeny of the Genus Lolliguncula Steenstrup, 1881 Based on Nuclear and Mitochondrial DNA Sequences Indicates Genetic Isolation of Populations from North and South Atlantic, and the Possible Presence of Further Cryptic Species". PLOS ONE. 9 (2): e88693. Bibcode:2014PLoSO...988693S. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0088693. PMC 3934857. PMID 24586371.
- "Lolliguncula brevis | squid".