List of Call of Duty characters
||This article was considered for deletion, and requires cleanup according to the discussion. (July 2015)|
Call of Duty is a video-game franchise which features both playable and background or non-player fictional characters. This list features some of the most notable characters found in the franchise; the current inclusion criteria is Wikipedia-centric in that the characters need to be mentioned in specific video game articles. Characters who are solely based on real life individuals are not mentioned in this list.
- 1 Recurring characters
- 2 Call of Duty and United Offensive expansion
- 3 Call of Duty: Finest Hour
- 4 Call of Duty 2
- 5 Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
- 6 Call of Duty 3
- 7 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 8 Call of Duty: World at War
- 9 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- 10 Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 11 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 12 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 13 Call of Duty: Ghosts
- 14 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 15 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- 16 References
- Sergeant James Doyle
- Playable in the Call of Duty, United Offensive expansion during the United Offensive British campaign
- Playable in Call of Duty 3 during the British/French campaign
- Sergeant Viktor Reznov
- Playable in Call of Duty: World at War throughout the Soviet campaign on the Eastern Front. Voiced by Gary Oldman.
- † Playable throughout Call of Duty: Black Ops
Playable and non-playable characters
- Captain Price
- Appearing in Call of Duty during the 6th mission of the American campaign
- † Also appearing in Call of Duty during most missions of the British campaign
- Appearing in Call of Duty 2 during the British campaign
- Playable in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in two flashback missions taking place in 1996
- Appearing throughout Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Playable in the final mission and otherwise appearing throughout Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Voiced by Billy Murray in the Modern Warfare series, and by Michael Gough in Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2..
- Sergeant John Soap MacTavish
- Playable in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as the main playable character throughout the game
- Playable during the last three missions and otherwise appearing throughout Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- † Playable during the opening sequence of and otherwise appearing throughout Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Voiced by Kevin McKidd
- Private Dimitri Petrenko
- Playable in Call of Duty: World at War throughout the Soviet campaign on the Eastern Front
- † Appearing in Call of Duty: Black Ops in a single early mission
- Major Gerald Tiberius Ingram
- Appearing in Call of Duty during the 6th and 7th missions of the American campaign, and the United Offensive British campaign
- Appearing in Call of Duty 3 during the British/French campaign
- Appearing in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Appearing near the end of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Appearing throughout Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Vladimir A. Makarov
- Appearing throughout Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Appearing throughout Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty and United Offensive expansion
- Private Martin
- Appearing in the American campaign
- Corporal Scott Riley
- Appearing in the United Offensive American campaign
- Sergeant Jack Evans
- Appearing in the British campaign
- Private/Junior Sergeant/Sergeant Alexei Ivanovich Voronin
- Appearing in the Soviet campaign
- Private Yuri Petrenko
- Appearing in the United Offensive Soviet campaign
- Sergeant Moody & Private Elder
- Appearing in the 4th mission of the American campaign
- Senior Sergeant Yakov Pavlov
- Appearing in the 5th mission of the Soviet campaign
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
- Private Aleksandr Sokolov
- Appearing in the Eastern Front campaign
- Edward Carlyle
- Appearing in the North Africa campaign
- Sergeant/Lieutenant Chuck Walker
- Appearing in the Western Front campaign
- Sergeant Oleg Puskov
- † Appearing in the Eastern Front campaign
- Sergeant Bob Starkey
- Appearing in the North Africa campaign
- Corporal/Sergeant Benny Church & Captain Frank Kowalski
- Appearing in the Western Front campaign
Call of Duty 2
- Private Vasili Ivanovich Koslov
- Appearing in the Soviet campaign
- Sergeant John Davis
- Appearing in the British campaign
- Corporal Bill Taylor
- Appearing in the American campaign
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
- Private/Corporal Nichols
- Appearing in the American campaign
- Private/Corporal Cole
- Appearing in the Canadian campaign
- Corporal Wojciech Bohater
- Appearing in the Polish campaign
- Sergeant Frank McCullin
- † Appearing in the American campaign
- Corporal Duncan Keith & Pierre LaRoche
- Appearing in the British/French campaign
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Sergeant John Soap MacTavish
- Sergeant Paul Jackson
- Appearing in a portion of Act 1
- Yasir Al-Fulani
- † Very limited control prior his execution
- Sergeant Kamarov
- Lieutenant Vasquez & Staff Sergeant Griggs
- Captain MacMillan & Lieutenant "Gaz"
- † Imran Zakhaev & Victor Zakhaev
- † Khaled Al-Asad
Call of Duty: World at War
- Private C. Miller
- Appearing in the first two segments of the American campaign in the Pacific
- Commissar Markhov
- Appearing in the Soviet campaign on the Eastern Front
- Corporal/Sergeant Roebuck & Private Polonsky
- Appearing in the American campaign in the Pacific; the player must choose which of these characters dies
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Private First Class Joseph Allen (a.k.a. Alexei Borodin)
- † Appearing during the opening scenes of the game
- Sergeant Gary "Roach" Sanderson
- † Appearing for the majority of the game as the main playable character
- Captain John "Soap" MacTavish
- Private James Ramirez
- Appearing during the Russian invasion of the American Eastern Seaboard
- Captain Price
- Codename: "Nikolai"
- Vladimir A. Makarov
- Lt. Simon "Ghost" Riley†
- Victoria Justice
- Lieutenant General Shepherd
- † Appearing near the start of the game and in the closing scenes
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Captain Mosely
- Major Neitsch
- President of the United States John F. Kennedy
- Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara
- President of the United States Richard Nixon
- Prime Minister of Cuba Fidel Castro
- Appearing in the Zombie scenario
- Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund, Danny Trejo & Michael Rooker
- Appearing in the "Call of the Dead" scenario
- Major General Nikita Dragovich
- † Appearing throughout the game
- Colonel Lev Kravchenko
- † Appearing in the early- and mid-game
- / Special Agent Grigori Weaver
- Appearing in the mid-game
- Master Sergeant Frank Woods
- † (Presumed to have died) Appearing in the early- and mid-game, and voiced and motion captured by James C. Burns.
- Chief Petty Officer Joseph Bowman
- † Appearing in the early- and mid-game. Voiced and motion captured by Ice Cube
- Prime Minister of Cuba Fidel Castro
- Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara
- Makes a single appearance in the game
- Doctor Friedrich Steiner
- † Appearing in the early- and mid-game
- Doctor Daniel Clarke
- † Appearing in the mid-game
- Tank Dempsey
- Nikolai Belinski
- Takeo Masaki
- Appearing in the early elements of the Zombies Scenario
- Edward Richtofen & Dr. Ludvig Maxis & Samantha Maxis
- Appearing throughout the Zombies Scenario
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Captain John "Soap" MacTavish
- † Playable through most of the game
- Staff Sergeant Derek "Frost" Westbrook
- AC-130 Spectre Gunner (unnamed)
- Sergeant Marcus Burns
- F.S.O. Agent Andrei Harkov
- Playable within short segments of the game
- Master Sgt. "Sandman"
- † A supporting character who is presumed KIA when the diamond mine collapses in operation "Down The Rabbit Hole"; Voiced by: William Fichtner
- † Sergeant First Class "Truck" (Voiced by: Idris Elba) - A Delta Force member, part of Sandman's Team Metal. Presumed KIA in "Down the Rabbit Hole" when the mine collapses on them. He is the only African-American ally in Modern Warfare 3.
- † Sergeant First Class "Grinch" (Voiced by: Timothy Olyphant) - A Delta Force member, and part of Sandman's Team Metal. Presumed KIA in "Down the Rabbit Hole" when the mine collapses on them. He uses an MK14 exclusively. In every mission he uses it as his only weapon except during his last stand in the diamond mine with Sandman and Truck when he throws it aside and pulls out a Desert Eagle pistol.
- Sgt. Wallcroft (Voiced by: Craig Fairbrass) - An SAS operative from a minor role in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. He appears in the mission "Mind the Gap", leading an SAS team including Sgt. Burns and Cpl. Griffin in an effort to stop a chemical attack in London. There is a Captain Wallcroft in Call of Duty: Roads to Victory.
- † Cpl. Griffin - An SAS operative who is stationed in the UK alongside Sgt. Wallcroft and Sgt. Burns. He appears in the mission "Mind the Gap", but is killed halfway through the mission when a runaway subway train derails and slides directly into the path of their vehicle, causing it to flip over and cause Griffin to take the full brunt of the impact.
- Codename "Nikolai" (Voiced by: Sven Holmberg) - (Russian: Кодовое имя "Николай") He returns from both Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to assist the now-disavowed Task Force 141 with his piloting skills and logistical support. Since he is allied with a group of Russians who reject the Ultranationalist movement, called Loyalists, he provides troop support to Soap, Price and Yuri in some missions. He and Price are the remaining surviving members of the 141.
- † Sgt. Kamarov (Russian: Сержант Камаров) - The Russian loyalist who helped Price and Soap in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare returns. He helps the local Czech Resistance when the Russians invaded the Czech Republic and plays role as the team "eye and ear" in the hotel where Vladimir Makarov and his general meeting took place. He was killed when Price broke into Makarov's hotel, only to find that Kamarov strapped to a chair with a massive amount of C4, a booby trap set by Makarov.
- "Sabre" (Voiced by: Jean-Michel Richaud) - He is a leader of the GIGN unit. He appears in the mission "Bag and Drag", assisting Team Metal in order to capture "Volk".
- "Overlord" (Voiced by: Bruce Greenwood) - The callsign of the U.S. Army general who gives information about enemy strength and/or location. He was heard in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Cpt. MacMillan ("Baseplate") (Voiced by: Tony Curran) - Captain Price's former mentor and C.O. returns from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, now retired from the field and providing intelligence under the callsign "Baseplate". He shares key intel to the disavowed Task Force 141. He is still injured from the helicopter in Pripyat, despite it happening 20 years ago.
- President Boris Vorshevsky (Russian: Борис Воршевский) Voiced by: David Anthony Pizzuto - The Russian President who was mentioned only in Modern Warfare 2 and was not seen. After the events of "No Russian", he managed to declare a war on the U.S. to avenge the death of the citizens killed during the airport massacre. He is somehow an antagonist due to declaring war on U.S. and becoming president after the civil war but due to Makarov wanting to kill him, he is basically a neutral character rather than being the secondary antagonist. Kidnapped in "Turbulence" by Makarov, who wanted the launch codes to the Russian nuclear arsenal. Makarov tried to ransom his daughter Alena for the launch codes, but Vorshevsky, along with Alena, were later rescued in the diamond mine in Siberia by the combined efforts of Task Force 141 and Team Metal in "Down the Rabbit Hole." He helps Yuri onboard their evac helicopter as they fly out of the mine as it collapses, killing Team Metal. A later prologue reveals he is discussing a peace treaty with the U.S.
- Leonid Pudovkin
- † A F.S.O. Agent Commander killed by Makarov at the end of the mission: The Turbulence
- Alena Vorshevsky (Russian: Алена Воршевская) Voiced by: Anna Graves - The 22-year-old daughter of Russian President Boris Vorshevsky. Targeted by Makarov to ransom her father for the nuclear launch codes. Kidnapped in Berlin by Ultranationalists assisted by a Hind helicopter, despite the efforts by Team Metal to stop it during the mission "Scorched Earth". She was later rescued at the Siberian mine by Task Force 141 and Team Metal at "Down the Rabbit Hole".
- † Vladimir Makarov (Russian: Владимир Макаров) Voiced by: Roman Varshavsky - He is the terrorist leader of the Inner Circle and the main antagonist in Modern Warfare 3. Makarov launched a bio-chemical warfare attack against Europe after he and his men hijacked President Boris Vorshevsky and take control of the Russia with the defected hardliners to soften up the Russia invasion in Europe. He planned to get the nuclear launch codes from Russian President Boris Vorshevsky by forcing him to reveal them in exchange for the life of his daughter Alena, but failed, thanks to the efforts of Task Force 141 Disavowed (later been avowed once again) and Team Metal (minus Frost, who is replaced by Sergeant McCoy). He also killed Soap, F.S.O. Agent Andrei Harkov, and Yuri. Makarov was killed by Captain Price by hanging him with a cable in the mission "Dust to Dust".
- (POW) Viktor "Volk" Khristenko (Russian: Виктор "Волк" Христенко) - The secondary antagonist, also well known as "The Wolf" and the leader of the Fregata industry, the industry that produced and distribute the nuclear weapon for Makarov. A bomb-maker working for Makarov and the man responsible for the chemical attacks across Europe that killed 35 thousand people. Waraabe's contact and vector for chemical weapons. Captured by Team Metal in Paris at "Bag and Drag".
- † Waraabe - He is a warlord in Bosaso, Somalia. He was responsible for the sale of chemical weapons to "Volk". Price threatens Waraabe with poison gas to get Volk's name. He gives up Volk's name but is executed by Price in retaliation for causing the deaths of thousands of people.
- President of the United States (Voiced by: Paul Eiding) Heard only in voice during the "Iron Lady" and "Dust to Dust" mission cutscenes.
- Vice-President of the United States - Was captured at Hamburg after Russian forces attacked the city. Assigned the codename "Goalpost" in the level "Goalpost". He was rescued by Team Metal.
- † The Davis Family - A young American family visiting London. Killed when a biochemical WMD goes off behind them after "Mind the Gap". A special mission is given to them where the player controls the father running a video camera, but a warning is given to the player before starting the campaign about disturbing content. If the player chooses to disable the content, the truck explodes in front of Burns, Wallcroft and half a dozen other SAS soldiers instead.
- SEAL Leader - is the unnamed leader of the SEALs that appears in "Hunter Killer". He helps to prepare the exfil for Team Metal and is one of the three soldiers who assist the player in clearing the top deck of the Russian Oscar II submarine.
- † Cmdr. Morel is a GIGN commander. He is seen in the introduction to the level "Goalpost" where he contacts the United States Army to inform them of the chemical attack at the GIGN barracks in Satory, France, which he commanded over, and during this time, he appears to be pointing at the gas. He died from the chemicals like the other GIGN operators that were with him.
Yuri's Flashback Characters
† Imran Zakhaev (Russian: Имран Захаев) The leader of the Russian Ultranationalist Party and the main antagonist in Call of Duty 4. Twenty years prior to the present day, in Pripyat, Ukraine, Price attempted to assassinate him, but he only lost his arm. Yuri and Makarov witnessed his attack in Yuri's first flashback (Yuri, Winter - 1996) and drove him to safety, while hitting a fellow Ultranationalist. The Flashback is to the level One Shot, One Kill.
† Young Makarov (Russian: Молодой Макаров) First appears in Yuri's first flashback, waking Yuri up from the back seat of a UAZ, when he and Yuri are still friends. After Yuri watches Zakhaev and another high-ranking Ultranationalist arguing Zakhaev is shot, and he stumbles into their vehicle, clutching the stump of his arm. Makarov promptly swings the vehicle around and drives away, not bothering to stop or care that he hits two other Ultranationalists. Despite being a version twenty years younger than the Makarov in MW3, his voice tones are unchanged.
† Lev (Russian: Лев) Appears twice in Yuri's third flashback (Year - 2016, Zakhaev International Airport) the first being when he restrains him in an underground parking lot beneath the Airport, and again when Yuri stumbles out of an elevator and attempts to shoot the terrorists. Lev is later killed in the same level of the previous game.
† Viktor (Russian: Виктор) An Ultranationalist who appears in Yuri's third flashback, assisting the massacre at the airport. Although he survives a conflict with heavily armed F.S.B. Agents outside the airport, U.S. Rangers later find him dead in northeastern Virginia.
† Private First Class Joseph Allen A.K.A. Alexei Borodin An undercover CIA agent working with Makarov to get information for Lt. General Shepherd in Yuri's third flashback, assisting the massacre at the airport. Although he survives a conflict with heavily armed F.S.B. Agents outside the airport, he is killed by Makarov, who has discovered his true identity, at the end of the level.
F.S.B. Agent (Russian: Агент ФСБ ) a bearded agent who appears at the end of Yuri's third flashback, calling more agents over to help him with Yuri, with him being the only survivor amidst hundreds. As he moves an oxygen mask close to Yuri's face, the flashback ends and it morphs into Price pointing his Desert Eagle at Yuri.
Metal 0-4 Frost is the main playable character in Spec Ops mode, first training in a barracks with Truck as his supervisor, in a setting that greatly resembles the Pit training from the "S.S.D.D." level in Modern Warfare 2. He is also given a suit of Juggernaught armor on some missions, the first being the 5th mission entitled "Toxic Paradise" where Frost is ordered to retrieve six canisters full of chemicals from the streets of France.
Ozone a Task Force 141 sniper with a scratchy voice who returns from Modern Warfare 2 who appears in the level "Kill Switch". Ozone becomes playable halfway through the mission giving covering fire to Scarecrow, and later using a Reaper UAV to cover him. Just before Scarecrow detonates the EMP, a Hind fires on his position, but he survives to escape.
Delta an unnamed foot soldier wielding an M4A1 in the level "Iron Clad", guiding an M1A2 Abrams tank through Hamburg, helping neutrilize dangerous targets the tank would otherwise be unable to, and laser-designating areas for the tank to use its main cannon to destroy.
Trident-1 an unnamed character who appears in the 3rd level of Spec Ops entitled "Over Reactor". He infiltrates the Olga with the mission of stopping a massive reactor meltdown within the sub, and manages to do so despite absorbing dangerously high amounts of radiation.
Hitman 2 an unnamed character who appears in the 4th level of Spec Ops entitled "Hit and Run". He is tasked with eliminating two Somalian figures of high-priority and rescuing hostages bound and gagged inside of a shipping crate. The way the player is suppoused to take out the first enemies of the level suggests he is a sniper, hence the name "Hitman".
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Lieutenant Commander David "Section" Mason is the main protagonist in the 2025 part of the campaign, the son of Alex Mason and an unidentified woman and the overall main protagonist of the game. David's relationship with his father was strained, following Alex repeatedly breaking his promise not to return to work for the CIA, specifically following the death of David's mother. As a child David is abducted and taken to Panama and used as insurance to force Woods and Hudson into killing Alex Mason. After which, David would be raised by Woods himself. David grows up to become a lieutenant commander in the US Navy Seals and is a part of SEAL Team Six along with his best friend Mike Harper, stationed aboard the USS Obama. Throughout the game, David is haunted by memory flashes of the night of his kidnapping, eventually realizing that Menendez had involvement in his father's death. At the end of the game, David either kills or captures Menendez and can also reunite with his father if he is spared by Woods. He is voiced by and motion captured by Rich McDonald.
- Agent Alex Mason is the main protagonist in the 1980s part of the campaign. He first appears at the very beginning of the game's predecessor, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and later it is revealed that Mason was brainwashed at Vorkuta, but the brainwashing was tampered by Viktor Reznov, which turned Mason against his former brainwashers. Because of these events, Mason suffers from a personality disorder. 18 years onward, 53-year-old Alex Mason is retired and has a son named David and is raising him in Alaska. However Mason is called back into action when his old friend Frank Woods is captured, forcing him to go after him. After a run in with Raul Menendez, Mason becomes fully transferred back into service to take him down. Depending the circumstances Mason is either accidentally shot dead or wounded and put into a coma for 30 years by Woods during a set up by Menendez. He is voiced by Sam Worthington.
- Lieutenant Mike Harper is a primary character and the "side-kick" of David Mason. He is part of SEAL Team Six along with David Mason. He can either be killed by Farid or he can be spared at the cost of Farid's life. He also kills Salazar for betraying them if he wasn't killed by Farid depending on the player's choice. Though keeping Harper alive will either result in the destruction of the US government or simply Woods, keeping Harper alive will make game play for the player easier. He is voiced and motion captured by Michael Rooker.
- Master Sergeant Frank Woods is a secondary character, and retired from duty. He is an ally of Alex Mason. He first appears in the first level of Black Ops, along with Mason and Bowman, during the Bay of Pigs Invasion. He is presumed dead, but an anonymous note sent to Mason (viewable in the interrogation room computer) states that Woods is still alive and imprisoned in Hanoi. The reveal trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops II shows he survived and is still alive at 95 but handicapped after a run-in with the game's antagonist Raul Menendez. This run in also saw Woods best friend Mason killed. After Menendez visits Woods after 37 years, David and Mike Harper visit the vault for any Intel Woods may have on Menendez and spends most of the game recalling his story with Menendez. He is also playable in the mission "Suffer with Me". Depending on the player's choices, he either survives the game or is killed by Menendez. He is voiced and motion-captured by James C. Burns.
- † Special Agent Jason Hudson is a secondary character, who was Mason's handler and turns out to be the man interrogating him throughout Black Ops. Hudson is a good friend of Mason and Frank Woods in Black Ops and Black Ops 2. He helped in rescuing Woods in Angola after being kidnapped by Raul Menendez, the capturing of Lev Kravchenko and the invasion of Panama. Menendez captures Hudson and forces him to manipulate Woods into killing Mason (which if he did not, David would have been killed instead), which succeeds or does not, depending on the player's actions. Hudson volunteers to die for Woods and David's sake and is killed by Menendez. Hudson is voiced by Michael Keaton, replacing Ed Harris.
- † Farid (Arabic: فريد) is the tech expert from Joint Special Operations Command and is a member of Seal Team Six, where he serves as a mole in Cordis Die. Depending on the players action, Farid is either killed by Menendez if he fails to prove his loyalty by killing Harper, DeFalco when the USS Obama is breached, or Salazar when he took the bullet to save Chloe Lynch. He is voiced by Omid Abtahi. Harper nicknames him "Egghead".
- Admiral Thomas Briggs is a secondary character, who is Mason's commanding officer and Admiral of the USS Obama. He is either wounded or killed by Menendez during the mission Odysseus. He is voiced and motion captured by actor Tony Todd.
- Chloe Lynch is a civilian and former employee of TACITUS and goes by the name of Karma and the only one that knows how to disable the Celerium Worm. The character is only playable in the "Second Chance" Strike Force mission in Yemen if the player fails to save her from being kidnapped by DeFalco. Depending on the players action, if Farid lives and takes the bullet for her then she will decode the Celerium Worm and restore control of the fleet of drones. If Farid dies then she will be killed by either Salazar or DeFalco, allowing the Celerium Worm to infect the US's mainframe system and shutting down its system. She is voiced and motion captured by Erin Cahill.
- Petty Officer 2nd class Crosby is a soldier who worked with David Mason's unit in "Celerium" and would later appear in "Fallen Angel" and "Odysseus". He is wounded when extracting David Mason from the U.S.S. Obama, and is not seen in any later missions, thus his fate is unknown. The name ′′′Crosby′′′ appeared in Call of Duty: Black Ops as a sergeant.
- † Raul Menendez is the primary antagonist of the game and a playable character in a mission called "Time and Fate". He is a Nicaraguan political activist who rose to prominence during the proxy wars of the 1980s. He is responsible for the deaths of both Alex Mason and Jason Hudson because of their involvement in the accidental murder of his sister Josefina, which intensified his hatred of America. He reappears in the year 2025 as the leader of "Cordis Die", a populist political party that commandeers the automated armies that form the United States military, and proceeds to turn them against their former masters. He is known as "Odysseus" named after the character. At the end of the game, he is either killed or captured alive by David Mason, depending on the player's choice. He is voiced and motion captured by Kamar de los Reyes.
- † DeFalco is the secondary antagonist, Menendez's right-hand man, Second-in-command of Cordis Die and the leader of a mercenary army that works for Menendez and Cordis Die. DeFalco is a ruthless killer who understands mercy, but puts his loyalty to Menendez first. DeFalco is killed by Section either in "Karma" when Section, Harper, and Salazar saves Lynch or in "Judgement Day" while Section saves Harper from Menendez, Defalco, and a henchman or he is killed in "Odysseus" by Farid. He is voiced by Julian Sands.
- General Tian Zhao (Chinese: 赵天) is the leader of the Chinese-led organization, Strategic Defense Coalition (SDC), and secretly an ally of Menendez. He previously worked with Alex Mason and Frank Woods during the mission in Afghanistan in 1986, assisting the Mujahideen in repelling a Soviet Invasion. In 2025 he led the SDC in building a military coalition in the region to counter the West's own military strength with countries such as Russia, Iran, Afghanistan, and India as its allies. Depending on the actions involving the Strike Force missions, if the player succeeds in repealing the SDC invasion then the player can assassinate him in the last stage. If the player however fails in preventing the invasion then Tian survives and the named countries join the SDC. He is voiced by Byron Mann.
- Chief Petty Officer Javier Salazar is a Nicaraguan secondary character. He is part of JSOC and a member of David Mason's team during the 2025 Campaign. He grew up in Nicaragua during the rise of Raul Menendez. Towards the end of the campaign it is discovered Salazar was actually working for Menendez all along and helps him escape from the USS Obama after he was captured by David Mason. He will surrender peacefully but will be executed by Harper if Harper is alive. He is voiced by Celestin Cornielle.
- Manuel Noriega is the former Commander of the Panamanian Defense Forces and a supporting antagonist. He was the de facto military governor of Panama from 1983 to 1989. He aids the CIA to capture Raul Menendez by sending the PDF to his plantation. The PDF captures him, but Noriega later betrays his own men by helping Menendez. He is the objective of Operation False Profit. Alex Mason and Frank Woods are sent to look for him in the outskirts of the Panama City. He is captured, but Jason Hudson later informs that he is an HVI and must be taken safely to a US Army checkpoint for a prisoner exchange.
- † Lev Kravchenko (Russian: Лев Кравченко) is the ex-second-in-command of Nikita Dragovich, revealed to now be working with Raul Menendez. He survived the events of Call of Duty: Black Ops but is killed by either Frank Woods or Alex Mason during the mission in Afghanistan.
- Mullah Rahmaan is the leader of the Mujahideen, based on Mohammed Omar. He made a deal with Jason Hudson, that if he, Mason and Woods helped the Mujahideen defend their base, he will give intel on Raul Menendez. After the team defends the Mujahideen base and interrogates Lev Kravchenko, Rahmaan will betray Woods, Zhao, Mason, and Hudson and leave them in the desert to die.
NPCs (Non-Player Characters) And Others
- † Josefina Menendez was the sister of Raul Menendez. In 1973, she and her brother, Raul, were trapped inside a barn that was torched by an American for insurance scam; the fire horrifically burned and disfigured her. Josefina became Raul's purpose of living and being very well taken care of for the rest of her life until September 25, 1986, where a vengeful Frank Woods threw a grenade which was knocked off course by Alex Mason so as not to kill Jason Hudson and Raul but instead bounced into the room which Josefina was in. Raul broke free and chased the grenade inside the room. Josefina died in the explosion and Raul was badly injured, but survived and managed to escape with the help of Noriega. Josefina's death fueled Raul's desire to take vengeance on America and, to a more personal level, Woods, Mason and Hudson. Josefina is voiced by Eden Riegel.
- Anderson is a female USAF FA38 pilot who appears in the level "Cordis Die". After providing close air support for Section and Bosworth her fighter is hit and she crashes near a presidential convoy, but is rescued before she bleeds out. It is possible for her to die if the ambulance she is in is destroyed. Anderson is voiced by Jennifer Hale.
- Mark McKnight is a sniper and friend of Mason and Woods who appears in the level "Suffer with Me" when the two men arrive at his house in Panama on the night of the 1989 invasion, and later provides sniper overwatch during the operation. His fate is unknown.
- Agent Samuels is a Secret Service agent in and is seen in the level "Cordis Die". Under normal circumstances, he plays a minor role in the mission, but if Harper was killed in a prior mission, he will gain a much larger role in the level.
- President Marion Bosworth is the president of the United States of America as of 2025, and the first female president of the series. David Mason is assigned to protect and assist in evacuating her when Los Angeles comes under attack by hostile drones hacked by Raul Menendez. She is portrayed by actress Cira Larkin.
- David Petraeus is based on the former CIA director of the same name. In 2025, Petraeus is the Secretary of Defense of the United States of America, serving under President Bosworth. He is voiced by Jim Meskimen. The game's script was written before the scandal of him having an extramarital affair with his biographer on November 9, 2012, which led to his resignation from the CIA.
- Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North is a retired United States Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel who assisted in the production of Call of Duty: Black Ops II and makes a minor appearance in the beginning of the campaign.
- General Jonas Savimbi was an Angolan political leader and is present during the 1986 during the Angolan Civil War. He appears in the mission Pyrrhic Victory, where he leads his UNITA forces against the enemy MPLA forces. He constantly encourages his men to kill as many MPLA as possible. Once the MLPA forces are dispersed, Hudson arrives with a helicopter on the battlefield. Savimbi gives intel on Woods' location and points Hudson and Mason in the right direction. Savimbi then appears at the end of the level with a MI-24 Hind, fighting back the Cuban forces that attack Mason, Woods and Hudson as they escape. He is voiced by Robert Wisdom. His fate is unknown.
- † Erik Breighner is a Magnetometrist from Tacitus Corporation. He was hired by Menendez in Myanmar, to analyze the Celerium, a new rare Earth element which Erik claims "will render all existing microchip technologies obsolete." He was discovered by Mason and his team and gave him the Celerium before he was killed. Breighner is voiced by Robert Picardo.
- Premier Chen is the Premier of China in 2025, were the country was the largest owner of Rare-Earth Mineral in the entire world, until a cyber attack crippled the Chinese Economy, which Chen blamed it on the US after Cordis Die leaked the information to them, which Frank Woods said was not true but people believed in the information instead of the US since no-one believed them. This action led of the approval of the SDC (Strategic Defense Coalition), with Tian-Zhao leading the organization. Depending on the player's action in the Strike Force missions, if the players succeed; China and the United States become allies and Chen will send SDC forces to defend the USS Barack Obama from drone attacks and assist US forces against Menendez's Mercenary forces, securing a US-China alliance, with countries like Russia, India, Afghanistan and Iran also assisting. If the player fails the Strike Force mission, then Chen will end diplomatic ties with the US after a drone attack hit most Chinese cities. He is voiced by James Hong.
- † Captain Viktor Reznov (Russian: Виктор Резнов) is a former soldier of the Red Army and a friend of Alex Mason. He appeared in the mission "Old Wounds", where, after the Mujaheddin fighters finish fighting a Soviet assault on their base in a fierce battle, Kravchenko attacks in a tank and Mason hears Reznov ordering him to kill Kravchenko. After stopping Kravchenko's attack, Mason continues hearing Reznov tell him that Kravchenko must die, causing Mason to attempt to kill Kravchenko. After Mason and Woods are betrayed by Rahmaan and left in the desert to die, Reznov appears, riding up on horseback and rescuing them. He is voiced by Gary Oldman.
- Jimmy Kimmel is an American comedian, and television host of the show Jimmy Kimmel Live! and makes a cameo in the ending of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, which depending on the action of the player, if Chloe Lynch survives and decoded the Celerium worm then she appears as a guest on his show. But if Chloe is killed, then Jimmy will mention that he invited Menendez to appear in the show but turned down due to an anniversary. He is voiced by himself.
- Col. Kurtz a colonel who appears at the end of the game in the "good" ending, with Chloe Lynch watching Menedez's virus spread over the United States and the world, but when he makes a request for the president, Chloe tells him to "screw off" and simply terminates the virus in an instant.
- Abigail "Misty" Briarton was a car mechanic and often thinks of herself as superior to all the other characters leaving suggest she is a narcissistic, She is very fond of Marlton. She favors automatic weapons and dislikes semi-automatic weapons. Misty also seems to have a fondness for shotguns. Misty seems to alternate the role of leader with Russman, and inspires the group to fight on to Angola. Depending on the player's choices, Misty either dies by Maxis' hand, or is presumably killed by zombies at the end of Buried. She is voiced by Stephanie Lemelin.
- Marlton Johnson is a Caucasian man in his twenties. He wears a white collared shirt, blue jeans, and glasses. His actions and quotes in-game classify him as your typical "nerd" and Marlton has a very high view of himself, as he references the fact that he is an "indisputable genius" which sound like he is also another narcissistic like Misty or he just being arrogant. He does not get along with Russman and Samuel, and is only kind towards Misty. Depending on the player's choices, Marlton is either presumably killed by zombies or by Maxis' destruction of the Earth after the end of Buried. His character resembles the character from the horror film, "The Hills Have Eyes". He is voiced by Scott Menville.
- Samuel J. Stuhlinger is a somewhat overweight Caucasian man with a mustache and wears a green vest, khaki shorts, and glasses. He is incredibly paranoid and often suggesting that simple occurrences, such as running low on ammunition, are linked to a conspiracy of some sorts. He is infected with Element 115 and also the only character in the map that is able to hear Richtofen. In the map "Die Rise" cutscene, he talks to Richtofen and it is revealed he has eaten Zombie flesh, being a former member of a Zombie-eating cult called The Flesh. He escapes with Marlton and Misty, watching Russman sacrifice himself to save him, but he continues to talk to Richtofen which the other two don't realize. A time warp happens bringing the group, with Russman back to the start of the map. By the time of Buried, the others are aware of his contact with Richtofen. If Maxis is victorious, Samuel is presumably killed during the destruction of the Earth while Maxis journeys to Agartha. If Richtofen succeeds, Samuel ends up becoming the physical host for Richtofen's soul, however, the German is unable to wrest full control and finds his return to a mortal form unpleasant nonetheless. He suffers Schizophrenia much as Richtofen did before him. He also likes food, especially cheese. He is voiced by David Boat.
- Russman is an elderly African-American man with white hair, wearing a brown trench coat and jeans. He comments on the thunder storm that appears after the power is turned on, often as a bad omen or unnatural. Russman has multiple diseases, one of which is Alzheimer's and arthritis. By Die Rise, he becomes aware of the voice in Samuel's head. He leads the group from Shanghai to Angola, to find answers to the questions they've been plagued by since the zombie apocalypse began. Russman like the others is presumably killed by either the zombies if Richtofen succeeds, or by the destruction of the Earth at Maxis' hands. He is voiced by Keith Szarabajka.
- Edward Richtofen is a sociopath and a sadistic Nazi scientist who was a playable character in Call of Duty: Black Ops and the main anti-hero in the game mode. Richtofen previously worked as senior assistant to Dr. Ludvig Maxis, however his insanity and lust for power led him to betraying him by attempting to kill Maxis and his daughter, Samantha, then enter the Aether to gain control of the zombies. The plan faltered, and instead Samantha herself entered the Aether while Maxis encased his soul in the computers of Richtofen's moon base, Griffin Station. Eventually, Richtofen was able to teleport himself back to the moon during the Black Ops map of the same name, and use a Vril Generator and supply of Element 115 to switch souls with Samantha, thereby entering the Aether and gaining control of the zombies. Maxis then enacted his emergency plan should this occur and launched three nuclear missiles at the Earth to fracture Edward's connection with the undead forces located there, though the plan had little effect. Richtofen later enlisted the help of four survivors on Earth to activate three polarization devices to open a dimensional rift that would allow him to gain full manipulation of the zombie forces. If the player heeds Richtofen's command, he succeeds in making the Earth his plaything, kills Maxis, and makes Samuel his new physical host, but cannot grasp full control of his new body and finds the experience unpleasant thanks to the threat of the zombies and Samuel's poor hygiene. If the player heeds Maxis, he takes control of the Aether and banishes Richtofen to become a blue-eyed zombie for all eternity, and is presumably killed like the others when Maxis destroys the Earth. He is voiced by Nolan North.
- Dr. Ludvig Maxis is the true main antagonist of the Zombies storyline, the lead scientist part of the project known as "Die Glocke" and is the father of Samantha Maxis. During World War II Maxis led the Nazi-allied Group 935 investigating in the recently discovered Element 115, however was betrayed by Richtofen, his senior assistant, who plotted he and his daughter's deaths. Before death, he urged Samantha to use the zombie army he created to kill Group 935 for their betrayal, and was able to assume an AI-rendered form in the computer system of Griffin Station upon being shot. During the events of the Black Ops map "Moon", Maxis enlisted the help of Tank, Nikolai, Takeo and Samantha in enacting his plan after Richtofen gained control of the Aether's energy, to fire three nuclear missiles at the Earth to sever its link with the Aether. The plan failed, and Richtofen kept a fragile connection with the zombie hordes, forcing Maxis to turn to his plan B. Depending on the choices of the player, Misty, Russman, Marlton, and Samuel activate three global polarization devices to collect the energy contained in matter to open a rift to the Aether, allowing him to take control. Maxis then revealed that rather than heal the Earth as he promised, he intended to destroy it as it was necessary to open the gateway to Agartha, where he believed Samantha was located. If the player activates the towers in Richtofen's favor, Richtofen kills Maxis upon taking ultimate control of the Aether. He is voiced by Fred Tatasciore.
- Tank Dempsey is an American soldier during World War I who went to the trenches to explore the zombie outbreak when finding 2 other survivors there for the same reason. Then he meets a scientist named Edward Richtofen. The Crew have to work together in the trenches to fight off the horde and get the Aether to escape Escavation site 64. After Escaping, there is a cutscene showing Samantha and Ed playing with the dolls of the 4 main characters as if it were all a game by two siblings. The BO2 story ends here.
- Takeo is a Japanese soldier during World War I who went to the trenches to explore the zombie outbreak when finding 2 other survivors there for the same reason. Then he meets a scientist named Edward Richtofen. The Crew have to work together in the trenches to fight off the horde and get the Aether to escape Escavation site 64. After Escaping, there is a cutscene showing Samantha and Ed playing with the dolls of the 4 main characters as if it were all a game by two siblings. The BO2 story ends here.
- Nikolai is a Russian soldier during World War I who went to the trenches to explore the zombie outbreak when finding 2 other survivors there for the same reason. Then he meets a scientist named Edward Richtofen. The Crew have to work together in the trenches to fight off the horde and get the Aether to escape Escavation site 64. After Escaping, there is a cutscene showing Samantha and Ed playing with the dolls of the 4 main characters as if it were all a game by two siblings. The BO2 story ends here.
Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Sergeant Logan Walker - The main protagonist of the campaign. He is the son of Elias T. "Scarecrow" Walker and the younger brother of David "Hesh" Walker. He has an unknown face and voice and is a member of the Ghosts. He is currently a Prisoner of war after being kidnapped by Gabriel Rorke.
- † Captain Elias T. "Scarecrow" Walker, Ret. (Voiced by: Stephen Lang) - He was the father of Logan and David "Hesh" Walker and was the leader of the Ghosts. He was killed by Gabriel Rorke in the mission "Sin City".
- Petty Officer 2nd Class /Sergeant/Captain Thomas A. Merrick (Voiced by: Jeffrey Pierce) - He was a former Navy SEAL and is the field commander for the Ghosts after the death of Elias T. Walker, he takes command of Ghosts and their new replaced leader. He is playable in a mission called "LOKI".
- Riley - He is a dog who is a member of the Ghosts squadron.
- Sergeant/Lieutenant David "Hesh" Walker (Voiced by: Brandon Routh) - He is the older brother of Logan Walker, the son of Elias T. Walker and a member of the Ghosts.
- † Sergeant Alex V. "Ajax" Johnson - He was a member of the Ghosts. He was tortured by Rorke, which leads to his death in the mission "Struck Down".
- Sergeant Keegan P. Russ (Voiced by: Brian Bloom) - He is a former member of the USMC and the scout sniper for the Ghosts. He is rather quiet and not very social around people, but is known to complete combat operations under extreme conditions.
- Captain Gabriel Rorke (Voiced by: Kevin Gage) - He is the main antagonist and was a former Ghost until he was captured and brainwashed by the Federation and now hunts them down.
- † General Diego Almagro - He is the Secondary Antagonist in Call of Duty Ghosts. He was the former leader of the Federation, but was killed by Elias in the mission Legends Never Die.
- † Officer Victor H. Ramos He was a high-ranking officer in the Federation Science Division and was in charge of covert operations outside of No Man's Land, namely reverse engineering efforts to analyze the wreckage of the ODIN Space Station to build the LOKI Space Station in development. He was captured by David "Hesh" Walker, followed by his brother Logan and Keegan. He is presumed dead when the building is bombed (though he can alternatively be executed by Logan without any penalty).
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Jack Mitchell - He is the main protagonist in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, who was first seen in a preview the mission "Induction" during E3 2014. A former US Marine, Mitchell's left arm was completely severed off when a piece of shrapnel from a destroyed aircraft sliced it off during a combat mission in Seoul. After being approached by Jonathan Irons to join ATLas and fitted with a prosthetic left arm, he goes back into action. Mitchell is portrayed by Troy Baker.
- † Cormack - A friend of Jack Mitchell. He accompanied Mitchell during "Induction" and carried him to safety after Mitchell's left arm was severed. He appears as a supporting character during the rest of the campaign, providing intel and information from command, as well as serving as the squad leader of the Sentinel Task Force. During imprisonment, Irons personally tortures Mitchell and Cormack, and shoots Cormack in the leg, giving him time to bleed out. After the team escapes the facility, Cormack dies from his wounds. Cormack is portrayed by Russell Richardson.
- † Will Irons - He is the son of Jonathan Irons and also the one who inspired Mitchell to join his father's company, Atlas Corporation. He was killed in "Induction" when he and Mitchell attempt to take down an enemy gunship by setting charges inside an access panel. The panel unexpectedly closes on his right arm, trapping him, and after Mitchell attempts to free him, the gunship starts to take off. Will eventually pushes Mitchell off the gunship so that Mitchell will survive. He dies when the charges explode, taking down the gunship and himself with it. Will is portrayed by Paul Telfer.
- Gideon - He is an Atlas operative who serves as Mitchell's squad leader during Mitchell's stint in Atlas. When it is revealed that Irons was responsible for the KVA attacks, Gideon temporarily stays with Atlas for further investigation and defects to Mitchell and Cormack as an operative for the Sentinel Task Force. Gideon is portrayed by Gideon Emery.
- Ilona - She is an Atlas operative who occasionally serves as Mitchell's squadmate during his stint in Atlas. Ilona finds out that Irons is directly responsible for the KVA attacks and encourages breaking away from the corporation. With the aid of Cormack, Ilona and Mitchell escape Atlas, joining the Sentinel Task Force to put an end to the corporation. Ilona is portrayed by Angela Gots
- Joker - A major character in the campaign and a friend of Mitchell and Gideon. He first appears in the level "Atlas", alongside Mitchell. After Mitchell and Ilona escape from Atlas in New Baghdad, Joker appears with Gideon, holding Mitchell and Ilona at gun point for their treachery (after getting evidence of Irons killing the Technologist). He is ordered to stand down, and watched Gideon let the two go with Cormack, the leader of the Sentinel Task Force. It is uncertain whether he stayed in Atlas or joined the Sentinel Task Force when Gideon defected. Joker is portrayed by Jeremy Kent Jackson.
- † Knox - A supporting character in the campaign. He is a member and second command of the Sentinel Task Force. He worked with his commander Cormack to stop any threats from the KVA attacks on Seattle and across the glove from happening ever again. Until the Atlas Corporation became too powerful and the dominant military force in America. His last appearance is in "Throttle", attacking Atlas HQ in New Baghdad, Iraq. The battle fails as Manticore is unleashed on Sentinel personal; along with Knox. After being infected, he rejects Gideon's offer of help and yells that to evacuate everyone out of the area. Afterward, his body is presumed to be taken into the camps where Cormack, Mitchell, Gideon, and Ilona are taken. The body infected were studied, and he is possibly in one of the body bags.
- † Torres - A recurring character in the campaign. He first appears in the level "Aftermath" and in the level "Manhunt", where he is wounded in action. Prophet requests a medic for him. Torres tells Ilona to find Rivers, who has an Stinger M7. Immediately after telling her this, he is then shot and killed by an unknown KVA sniper.
- † Jonathan Irons - The main antagonist of the campaign. He is the father of Will Irons and the CEO of the Atlas Corporation, one of the largest Private Military Companies on Earth. He is voiced and motion-captured by Kevin Spacey. Disgusted by America's failure to establish democracies in nations repeatedly (while also traumatized by the death of his son), he plans on using the power of his company to overthrow Congress and assure protection and stabilization for mankind. With the fate of the world at stake, the Sentinels launch a final attack on Atlas' HQ. Mitchell and Gideon successfully destroy the missile that was supposed to attack every military base in the world. They find Irons as the other Sentinels prepare to bombard the building. Irons disables their exoskeletal armor, forcing Mitchell to release the exoskeleton to chase Irons. An explosion throws Irons off the building, hanging on Mitchell's left prosthetic arm. Despite begging Mitchell to save him, reminding him that he gave him his arm and a second chance, Mitchell severs his prosthetic arm with his knife, causing Irons to fall to his death as he screams Mitchell's name.
- † Joseph "Hades" Chkheidze - The secondary antagonist of the campaign. He is the leader of the anti-technology terrorist group KVA, and is at opposition with Atlas Corporation's forces. He first appeared in Traffic, where he is seen taking hostages at a technology conference in Nigeria. One such hostage is the Nigerian Prime Minister. Atlas forces move in and rescue the hostages, but Hades manages to escape. His move was to launch a massive global attack on major nuclear power stations around the world. Despite fierce opposition from Atlas forces, the KVA were successful in their mission and the world is sent into chaos and disarray as thousands die and are displaced due to the massive doses of radiation. He is killed by Mitchell and Ilona in Manhunt. As he dies, Hades mentions "Irons knows" and gives Mitchell a data drive containing a recording. He is portrayed by Sharif Ibrahim.
- Dr. Pierre Danois - A minor antagonist in the campaign. He first appears in the level "Aftermath". He is the right-hand man of Hades. Jack Mitchell, Gideon, Torres and Joker are tasked with retrieving him so they can locate Hades. They succeed and Ilona interrogates him for the location of Hades, which he tells them he's in Santorini, Greece. However, after Hades' death, Danois was set free by Irons and Danois agreed to help Atlas create a chemical agent named "Manticore". He then goes under the alias "Doctor Bellamy" and attends a meeting with Irons in Bangkok, Thailand, which is observed by the Sentinel Task Force.
- Oz - Atlas employee, who works as a janitor in Atlas Corporation. Oz was shot by Lennox in the intro of Carrier, which he slowly reanimates as a zombie. He is played by, John Malkovich.
- Kahn - Atlas employee, who works as an executive adviser for Jonathan Irons in Atlas Corporation. He is played by, Bill Paxton.
- Jim Decker - Atlas employee, who works as a Security Guard in Atlas Corporation. He is played by, Jon Bernthal.
- Lilith Swann - Atlas employee, who works as an IT analysis in Atlas Corporation. She is played by, Rose McGowan.
- Lennox - Sentinel Task Force operative who watched the survivors and rescued them in Burger Town. He then shoots Oz, who he believes was a carrier of the virus. He is played by, Bruce Campbell.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- † The Player is the main protagonist and playable character of the campaign. The Player is member of the Winslow Accord Black Operations with their new C.O., Hendricks. The Player is critically injured after an operation in Ethiopia to retrieve Prime Minister Said, and is saved by Taylor. Afterward, the Player dies of their injuries and goes into their DNI, and was interfaced by Taylor before dying. In the dream-sequence, he/she is put into the Cyber Soldier Program and 5 years later, goes on a manhunt to stop Taylor and his team. After stopping AI Corvus, Taylor and the Player are purged together, as the Player takes his role. The Frozen Forest is the symbol of peace, as the Player's journey is to find closure. The female-protagonist appears in the Nightmares as well, as the role has shifts to the Player fighting zombies and trying to peace everything back to together, additionally stopping Demios, the Demigod of Terror. The Male is voiced by Ben Browder and the Female is voiced by Abby Brammell.
- † Commander Jacob Hendricks is an Winslow Accord Commander and the Player's C.O.. In the dream sequence, Hendricks is a simulation created for Corvus to learn of its creation, after their death and interfaced by Taylor. In the dream-sequence, the Player and Hendricks both joined became Cyber Soldiers alongside Taylor and his team, the two agents becoming good friends between 2065-2070. After Taylor's team is found to have defected, Hendricks, the Player and Kane are forced to hunt down their former allies once WA information is leaked of the SP/Corvus Black Project. Hendricks is infected by Corvus after interfacing with Diaz, and becomes aggressive, distrustful, and quick to lose his temper. In "Lotus Towers", Hendricks succumbs to the infection, and kills Taylor and leaves the Player to Zurich. The Player kills Hendricks after the latter murders Sebastian Krueger. Within the Frozen Forest, Corvus creates a fake Hendricks to manipulate the Player, but fails. In reality, Hendricks became team leader of Phi, leading John Taylor, Eamon Xu, Alice Conrad, Joseph Fierro, Javier Ramirez, Patel and Mandelbaum. In 2064, Stone, Conrad, Fierro and Ramirez defect after discovering of the Black Project, as Hendricks and Taylor are forced to hunt down their former teammates one-by-one. After Stone is liquidated, Hendricks went to hostage rescue (leading to Minister Said's rescue) as Taylor became a cyber soldier. Once Taylor became infected by Corvus after interfacing with the Player, Hendricks attempt to help his friend alongside Kane. Needing to put things right, Hendricks went to the Coalescence Corporation's HQ in Zurich, killed all the staff and hold Krueger at gunpoint. Taylor (controlled by the Player) kills Hendricks after the latter kills Krueger. He is voiced and motion captured by Sean Douglas.
- † Agent Rachel Kane is a an CIA Agent and WA's LNO, she is also Taylor's former girlfriend, as well as the Player's dream-sequence interest. In the dream-sequence, she is a simulation created by Corvus who wanted to learn about its creation, but simulated from Taylor's memories (who became infected by Corvus after interfacing with the Player after the latters demise). There, The Player and Kane take an interest in one another, as Kane begs the Player to not forget who they are. After Hendricks attempts an terrorist attack on the Coalescence HQ in Zurich, she is killed by Corvus with Nova 6. In reality, Kane was apart of manhunt of Stone's team with Taylor and Hendricks, ending with Stone, Conrad, Fierro and Ramirez's death and Taylor injured. Their relationship ends once Taylor becomes a Cyber Soldier, as she attempts to help Taylor once he is infected by Corvus. She is killed by Corvus with Nova 6 with Taylor (actions controlled by the Player) stopping Hendricks and Corvus. She is voiced and motion captured by Rachel Kimsey.
- Lieutenant Zeyad Khalil is an Egyptian Army C.O. who assists The Player, Hendricks and Kane. Khalil was saved by the Player and Hendricks during the operation to retrieve Prime Minister Said in Ethiopia. Khalil was later captured by the NRC, but the reality is the Player died during surgery complications. In reality, Khalil and Minister Said returned after the rescue operation. He is played by Norshir Dalal.
- † Dr. Yousef Salim is a former Coalescence Corporation psychotherapist who helped soldiers when they became mentally unstable after experiments. After the Singapore Disaster that killed 30,000 people, Dr. Salim disappeared and went to Egypt. Being captured by the Egyptian Army, Dr. Salim was interrogated by WA Agent Hendricks, and later captured and executed by his interrogator, Taylor. Dr. Salim is heard by the Female Player in the Nightmares Campaign. He is played by Tony Amendola.
- Prime Minister Said is the Egyptian Minister who was taken hostage by the NRC to Ethiopia. The minister is saved by Winslow Accord and Cyber Soldiers' Team led by Commander Taylor, but the cause of the Player's injury and later demise. In the Nightmares campaign, his name is changed to Bishop. He is played by Joseph Kamal.
- Dolos is a Demigod in the Nightmares campaign. Dolos guides the Player to defeat her brother, Deimos, the Demigod of dread and terror. Dolos helps the Player defeat Demios, leading the two to battle against the zombies in the void.
- † Dylan Stone was a part of Commander Hendricks' Team of the Winslow Accord. After learning of the illegal-experiments done by the Coalescence Corporation, Stone, Conrad, Fierro and Ramirez defect from WA to the Common Defense Pact. This led Ramirez, Conrad and Fierro being killed by Commander Hendricks and Taylor. Agent Stone is killed by Hendricks, ending the manhunt. In the Player's dream sequence, Stone's role is replaced by Taylor.
- † Javier Ramirez was a Winslow Accord Agent who was a part of Commander Jacob Hendricks' team in reality. Team consisted of John Taylor, Dylan Stone, Alice Conrad, Joseph Fierro, and Ramirez himself. After learning information, Ramirez, Conrad, Fierro and Stone decide to defect into the Common Defense Pact, leading to the manhunt led by their superiors. Ramirez was killed by Hendricks in the Abandoned Coalescence Facility. Ramirez's role is replaced by Sebastian Diaz in the dream-sequence.
- † Alice Conrad was a Winslow Accord Agent who was a part of Commander Jacob Hendricks' team in reality, alongside John Taylor, Dylan Stone, Alice Conrad, Joseph Fierro and Javier Ramirez. Once the team learned of the illegal experiments by the Coalescence Corporation, the team went rouge and defected into the Common Defense Pact. Conrad was later captured in Egypt and executed by John Taylor. Conrad's role is replaced by Sarah Hall in the dream sequence.
- † Joseph Fierro was a Winslow Accord Agent who was a part of Commander Jacob Hendricks' team in reality, alongside John Taylor, Dylan Stone, Alice Conrad and Javier Ramirez. Stone convinced his allies to defect into the Common Defense Pact after learning about the illegal experiments by the Coalescence Corporation. Fierro was later killed during the manhunt. Fierro's role is replaced by Peter Maretti in the dream sequence.
- † Eamon Xu was a member of Team Phi with Hendricks, Taylor, Stone, Conrad, Fierro, Ramirez, Patel and Mandelbaum. Eamon Xu was killed in 2059, during Team Phi's fifth operation, the failed assassination attempt of Mokrie Baba.
- † Hussein Patel was a member of Team Phi led by Hendricks. Patel was killed after assassination Timur Abulayev.
- † Haruko Mandelbaum was a member of Team Phi led by Hendricks. Mandelbaum sacrificed herself for Hendricks and Taylor to escape.
- Commander John Taylor is a black ops operative who saves the player from death. As the game progresses, Taylor will go on a mission to find the survivors of the Singapore Disaster and infected by Corvus. In reality, Taylor is alive, with the Player's having a dream-sequence once dying of surgery complications and later being infected with corvus For the dream-sequence, Taylor takes Dylan Stone's role as the antagonist. He is played by Christopher Meloni.
- † Sarah Hall is an intelligence expert and specialist whom was trained by Taylor. Hall is killed in Egypt by the player, going into her DNI and learning of why Taylor's team did what they did. In reality, she was infected by Corvus after Taylor interfaced with the Player before their death, as the Player defeats Hall in her sequence, she dies in both the Player's dream, and in reality by Corvus. She is played by Katee Sackhoff.
- † Sebastian Diaz is one of Taylor's operatives who guides the player with their Direct Neural Interface (DNI). During Hypnocenter, Diaz is found by Hendricks and the player being corrupt. Diaz is killed by Hendricks, by overloading his brain. In reality, Diaz is infected by Taylor who interface with the Player before their death. Corvus kills Diaz after he is defeated in the Player's sequence. He is played by Reynaldo Gallegos.
- † Peter Maretti is one of Taylor's operatives who guides the player with their cyber core ability: immolation. Maretti is infected by Corvus after searching the SP/Corvus abandoned site. The player kills Maretti by kicking him out of a room onto a poll, impaling him. In reality, Maretti is infected by Corvus after Taylor interfaces with the Player before their death, and is killed by Corvus after he is defeated by the Player. He is played by Ary Katz.
- † CEO Sabastian Krueger is the CEO of the Coalescence Corporation, and one of the survivors of the black ops projects that killed 30,000 people. Krueger is killed by Hendricks once he is found. In the player's dream-state, Corvus kills Kruger once he learns of his origins. In reality, Krueger is killed by Hendricks who attempts an terrorist attack on the Coalescence Corporation. He is played by Robert Picardo.
- † Corvus is an AI that was created for the Direct Neural Interface, which later becomes a glitch by creating the "Frozen Forest" for soldiers in the afterlife. Corvus, in reality, is a glitch or "mistake" that has no master plan, but is simply a virus that wants to grow. The player and Taylor stop Corvus at the end. It is unknown if Corvus went into the Player's interface, but it is assumed the AI was erased.
- † Deimos is the Demigod of dread and terror in the Nightmares campaign. Addiontally, Dolos is his sister. He resembles Corvus, the artificial intelligence antagonist during the Nightmares campaign. He is defeated by the Player and Dolos.
- † Goh Xiulan is the older sibling co-leading the 54 Immortals. Xiulan survives the attack made by Winslow Accord when she attempts to send WA info on the internet. After losing her brother, Goh Min, and her arm, she exacts vengeance on all CIA Safe Houses once leaked online. Xiulan is killed by the Player after saving Rachel Kane. In reality, Goh Xiulan is killed by Hendricks' Team during the manhunt for Dylan Stone. She is played by Lynn Chen.
- † Goh Min is the younger sibling co-leading the 54 Immortals. Min is killed by the Player and grunts during a meeting with Danny Li. In reality, Goh Min is killed by Hendricks' team. In reality, the Player died in surgery, as Goh Min was killed by Hendricks' team during the manhunt for Dylan Stone.
- † Danny Li is weapons dealer of the 54 Immortals, and is old acquaintance of Hendricks. Danny Li is killed by grunts alongside Goh Min during a meeting with the Player and Hendricks. He is played by Eddie Shan.
- † General Hakim is commander of the Nile River Coalition (NRC) who appears only in "Lotus Towers". He is killed by the Player during the Egyptian Armies uprising on the NRC's grip on Egypt. In reality, he is killed by Taylor during the manhunt for Dylan Stone. He is played by Faran Tahir.
- Nero is a Magician, who works in Morg City. He is played by Jeff Goldblum.
- Jessica is a Prostitute, who works in Morg City. She is played by Heather Graham.
- Jack Vincent is a Corrupt Cop, who works in Morg City. He is played by Neal McDonough.
- Floyd Campbell is a Boxer, who works in Morg City. He is played by Ron Perlman.
- † The Shadow Man is a character who watches and guides the survivors in Morg City. The Shadow Man later betrays the survivors, and trapped in the key, summoning Edward Richtofen. He is played by Robert Picardo.
- Tank Dempsey is an American Soldier during World War I and World War II. Dempsey alongside Takeo and Nikolai attempt to stop World War II (future) Richtofen from opening a dimension. World War I (past) Richtofen his future self, as the entire group attempts to stop future events. He is played by Steve Blum.
- Edward Richtofen is a sociopath and maniac who was a part of Group 935 with Ludvig Maxis. Richtofen attempts to stop future events happening, killing his former selves to end the threat. He is played by Nolan North.
- Takeo Masaki is a Japanese Soldier who attempts to stop future events that Edward Richtofen caused. Alongside Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinksi and Edward Richtofen attempt to stop his future selves, as World War II is killed by World War I Richtofen. He is played by Tom Kane.
- Nikolai Belinksi is a Russian Soldier who attempts alongside Tank Dempsey, Takeo Masaki and Edward Richtofen to stop future events from happening. He is played by Fred Tatasciore.
- Ashcraft, Brian (Sep 7, 2010). "Gary Oldman And Ed Harris In Call Of Duty: Black Ops". Kotaku. Retrieved Jul 8, 2015.
- Staff (October 26, 2010). "Emmanuelle Chriqui Confirmed for 'Call of Duty: Black Ops'". Actress Archives (UGO Networks). Archived from the original on 2011-02-20.
- "Call Of Duty: Black Ops". December 3, 2010. Archived from the original on July 13, 2011. Retrieved December 3, 2010.[not in citation given]
- Gaudiosi, John (Nov 4, 2011). "Actor William Fichtner is Modern Warfare 3's Sandman". IGN. Retrieved 2015-07-09.
- Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Level/area: Act 3 - "Down The Rabbit Hole".
:Price: Sandman, it's time to go! C'mon!
Sandman: Just go! Get outta here!
Pilot: We can't stay here! We gotta leave!
Price: NO! Get us back down there!
Pilot: It's too hot! We go back, we all die!
Price: Sandman, do you read me?! Sandman, come in! ... Sandman, do you read me? Sandman, are you still there?line feed character in
|quote=at position 47 (help)
- Infinity Ward (November 10, 2009). Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Playstation 3, Xbox 360, PC. Activision. Level/area: Credits.