List of choking deaths
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of notable people who have died by choking.
- Alexander Alekhine - 24 March 1946 (53) - Autopsy indicates heart attack, but supposed witness claimed choking.
- Attila the Hun - 453 (47) - Although cause of death is disputed.
- Tommy Dorsey - 26 November 1956 (51)
- Christy Brown 1981
- Skinnay Ennis 1963
- Raymond Griffith 1957
- Jimmie Foxx, a famous Major League Baseball player, died by choking on a bone on 21 July 1967 aged 59.
- Dingle Foot, a well known British politician and brother to future Labour Party Leader Michael Foot died in a Hong Kong hotel after choking on bone in a chicken sandwich.
- Tennessee Williams, the playwright, reportedly died after choking on a bottle cap on 25 February 1983 aged 71.
- Air Marshal Subroto Mukerjee, the first Chief of the Air Staff of the Indian Air Force (IAF), died on 8 November 1960 at Tokyo by choking on a piece of food lodged in his windpipe.
- Praful Bidwai, an Indian journalist and activist, died by choking on food on 23 June 2015 at a conference in Amsterdam.[circular reference]
- American rapper Prodigy of Mobb Deep died by accidental choking.
- "Jimmie Foxx Obituary". Retrieved 2007-06-15.
- "Biography of Tennessee Williams". IMDB. Retrieved 2007-06-15.
- "The Saga of a Soaring Legend". www.indianairforce.nic.in. IAF. Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Praful Bidwai#cite note-4
- "Mobb Deep rapper Prodigy died of accidental choking".