List of cities in Andhra Pradesh by population
This article is about the list of most populated cities in Andhra Pradesh state of India as per 2011 Census of India, conducted by The Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, under Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
Visakhapatnam is the most populated city with a population of 2,035,922 after merger of surrounding towns of Gajuwaka, Bheemunipatnam and Anakapalle Municipalities into Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (VMC) and it was upgraded to Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation (GVMC. Proposals to merge some near by villages to Vijayawada, Kakinada and Rajamahendravaram Municipal Corporations.
The cities written in bold are the headquarters of their respective district.
|S.No.||Name of the City||District||Population
|23||Kadiri (URBAN) AND (RURAL)||Anantapuram district||1,51,203||1,20,325||1963||36|
- Kurnool includes Kallur Village which was merged into Kurnool Municipal Coporation.
- Guntur includes ten villages namely Adavitakkellapadu, Ankireddypalem, Gorantla, Chowdavaram, Etukuru, Nallapadu, Pedakakani, Pedapalakaluru, Pothuru which were merged into Guntur Municipal Corporation.
Source: STATISTICAL INFORMATION OF ULBs & UDAs also Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner (web), Delimitation Commission of India (web), Rand McNally International Atlas 1994, School of Planning & Architecture (web) - https://www.citypopulation.de/php/india-andhrapradesh.php
- List of urban agglomerations in Andhra Pradesh
- List of cities in India by population
- List of municipalities in Andhra Pradesh
- "Census Data 2011 / Metadata". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original on 17 June 2007. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Rajahmundry, Greater (16 March 2017). "Greater Rajahmundry: Revised Master Plan for Kakinada also ready". Greater Rajahmundry. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
- Dec 28, Venu Lanka / TNN /; 2019; Ist, 04:21. "Greater Vijayawada likely to include only 29 villages | Vijayawada News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 August 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SGSwwKD2Aa4/XjWP__GF17I/AAAAAAAAF3M/Q7-z3QXc2OwKgIxHzIIFLhCk41PazKfVACNcBGAsYHQ/s1600/01.jpg. Missing or empty
- "Cities Profile of Round 1 Smart Cities :: SMART CITIES MISSION, Government of India". smartcities.gov.in. Retrieved 29 August 2020.
- Jan 25, Umamaheswara Rao / TNN /; 2020; Ist, 06:03. "Barely a city now, Amaravati tops smart city spend | Amaravati News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 August 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Municipal Corporations | Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration". cdma.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- Kurnool Municipal Corporation (6 October 2014). "KURNOOL MUNICIPAL CORPORATION STATUS REPORT". Cite journal requires
- Feb 9, TNN /; 2002; Ist, 01:35. "Kallur gram panchayat's merger with KMC okayed | Hyderabad News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 September 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Wayback Machine" (PDF). 26 November 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 November 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2020. Cite uses generic title (help)