List of cleaning companies
This is a list of notable cleaning companies. Cleaning is the process of removing unwanted substances, such as dirt, infectious agents, and other impurities, from an object or environment. Cleaning occurs in various commercial, industrial, environmental, and domestic contexts, which differ in scale and requirements. Examples include commercial cleaning, housekeeping, terminal cleaning (in healthcare settings) and environmental remediation (the removal of pollution or contaminants from the natural environment). Some cleaning companies perform hazardous waste cleanup.
- Clean Harbors – a provider of environmental, energy and industrial services, including hazardous waste cleaning services and disposal.
- Coit Cleaners – a California-based specialty cleaning company founded in 1945 in San Francisco, California.
- Handy – an online two-sided marketplace for residential cleanings and other home services founded in 2012 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is now based in New York City and operates services in United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
- Helpling – formerly Hassle.com, a European online marketplace for household services.
- Homejoy – a former online platform which connected customers with home service providers, including house cleaners and handymen.
- ISS A/S – a facility services company founded in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1901.
- Jani-King – an American chain and franchise of cleaning services.
- Merry Maids – an international franchisor which sells and supports residential cleaning services franchisees throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, it was founded in 1979 and joined with ServiceMaster in 1988.
- Molly Maid – an internationally franchised company with over 400 individual franchisees throughout the world. They are listed on the Franchise 500 List and one of America’s Top Global Franchises by Entrepreneur Magazine.
- New Britain Dry Cleaning Corporation – a New Britain, Connecticut-based company founded in 1912 by Rudolph J. Kloiber. It grew to become the largest dry cleaning company in the city and one of the largest in central Connecticut before it was sold in 1974.
- Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning – a carpet, upholstery, and tile and grout cleaning company.
- ServiceMaster Clean – a franchisor selling and supporting fire and water disaster restoration, janitorial, commercial, residential, and floor care services franchisees through the United States, Canada, and 10 other countries.
- Spotless Group Holdings – an Australian listed company that provides Integrated facility services in Australian and New Zealand through a number of in house brands.
- Superior Rug Cleaning – founded in 1946, later absorbed by the John Leavitt Rug Cleaning company.
- TaskRabbit – an online and mobile marketplace founded in 2008 that matches freelance labor with local demand, allowing consumers to find immediate help with everyday tasks, including cleaning, moving, delivery and handyman work.
- The New Jersey Job Bank. Job bank series. Adams Media. 2004. p. 137. ISBN 978-1-59337-218-7. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- TechCrunch. "On-Demand Cleaning Startup Hassle Merges With Rocket Internet's Helpling". Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Cohan, P.S. (2017). Disciplined Growth Strategies: Insights from the Growth Trajectories of Successful and Unsuccessful Companies. Apress. pp. 44–46. ISBN 978-1-4842-2448-9. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Packel, Dan (September 21, 2016). "Jani-King Can't Undo Franchisees' Class Cert. At 3rd Circ". Law360. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Rich, J.R. (2007). The unofficial guide to opening a franchise. Unofficial Guides. Wiley. ISBN 978-0-470-13193-0.
- Entrepreneur. "Franchise 500 List". Retrieved 21 June 2012..
- Entrepreneur. "2012 Top Global Franchises". Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Cleaning and Dyeing World. 1916. p. 717. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Investment Yearbook 2016: 41st Edition. Investment Yearbook. 2015. p. 252. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Moran, Gwen. Building a Business on Busy Schedules and Making Errands Pay. Entrepreneur. November 21, 2011.
- Tsotsis, Alexia. TaskRabbit Turns Grunt Work Into a Game Wired. July 15, 2011.