List of coffeehouse chains
This is a list of notable coffeehouse chains around the world. This list excludes the many companies which operate coffeeshops within retail establishments, notably bookstores and department stores, or restaurants or convenience stores which also serve coffee.
- 85C Bakery Cafe - based in Taichung, Taiwan, international branches in Hong Kong, Australia, U.S. and China
- Aida - Vienna, Austria
- AMT Coffee - UK, mostly at railway stations
- Angel-in-us - China, Indonesia, South Korea and Vietnam
- Arcaffe - Israel
- Aroma Café - UK, Argentina, Brazil
- Aroma Espresso Bar - Israel, Canada, U.S., Romania, Ukraine, Kazakhstan
- Au Bon Pain - headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Baker's Dozen Donuts - Canada
- Barista Lavazza - India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka
- Baristas - U.S., headquartered in Washington State
- Bewley's - based in Dublin, operates Rebecca's Cafe and Java City in the U.S.
- Biggby Coffee - based in East Lansing, Michigan, U.S.
- Blenz Coffee - Canada
- Blue Bottle Coffee Company - U.S., Tokyo
- Blue State Coffee - Northeastern U.S.
- Boston Tea Party - England
- Bourbon Coffee - Rwanda
- Bridgehead Coffee - fair trade chain in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Café Amazon - Thailand
- Cafe Barbera
- Café Café - Israel
- Café Coffee Day - India, Malaysia
- Café du Monde - U.S.
- Café Hillel - Israel
- Caffe Bene - Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, U.S., and Vietnam
- Caffè Cova - Milan, Italy; Hong Kong, Japan; Celebrity Cruises
- Caffe Luxxe - three locations in the West Los Angeles area, California, U.S.
- Caffè Nero - UK
- Caffè Pascucci - Founded in Italy, has locations in over 25 countries
- Caffè Ritazza - 40 countries, mostly at railway stations
- Caffe Trieste - six locations in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, U.S.
- Caffé Vita Coffee Roasting Company - Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Caribou Coffee - global, headquartered in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, U.S.
- Cibo Espresso - Australia
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf - U.S., India, Malaysia, Philippines, Bangladesh, South Korea, Singapore, Israel, Sri Lanka
- Coffee Beanery - based in Flushing, Michigan, U.S.
- The Coffee Club - Australia, Maldives, Malaysia, New Zealand, Thailand, New Caledonia, China, Egypt
- Coffee Republic - UK
- Coffee Time - Canada
- Coffee World - founded in Bangkok, Thailand; has locations in nine countries
- Coffee#1 - Wales, England
- coffeeheaven - founded in Poland, operates in several countries in Eastern Europe
- Coffeeshop Company - based in Austria, has locations in 13 countries
- Coffine Gurunaru - South Korea
- Cofix - Israel
- Colectivo Coffee Roasters - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 12 locations around the city
- Costa Coffee - UK, Mainland Europe, Asia, Middle East, Malaysia
- Country Style - headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
- Crazy Mocha Coffee Company - based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Cuppy's Coffee - based in Greenville, South Carolina, U.S.
- The Daily Grind
- Diedrich Coffee - based in Irvine, California, U.S.; also owns Coffee People, Coffee Plantation (Arizona) and U.S. Gloria Jean's locations
- Dome - based in Perth, Australia
- Double Coffee - based in Latvia; 40 locations in the Baltic states, Ukraine and Belarus
- Doutor Coffee - Japan and Taiwan
- Douwe Egberts - owns Koffie Cafés in the Netherlands
- Dunkin' Donuts - global, based in Quincy, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Dunn Bros - founded in St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.; 85 locations throughout the Midwest
- Dutch Bros. Coffee - based in Oregon, U.S.; has 154 drive-through locations in the West
- Ediya Coffee - South Korea
- Espresso House - Scandinavia, based in Sweden.
- Espresso Vivace - Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Esquires - Canada, Britain and Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and Middle East
- Far Coast - The Coca-Cola Company's entry, with four concept stores that have now closed
- Figaro Coffee Company - Philippines-based chain of coffee shops and restaurants, with outlets in Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Saudi Arabia, and Vietnam
- Flocafé - based in Greece; over 70 locations in Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Egypt, United Kingdom, Hungary and on several cruise ships
- Gimme! Coffee - U.S.
- Gloria Jean's Coffees - Australia, Azerbaijan, Cyprus, India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, New Zealand, USA, Ukraine, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Taiwan
- Grounds for Coffee - Utah, U.S.
- Havanna - Argentina
- Heart Coffee Roasters, Oregon
- Highlands Coffee - Vietnam
- Hollys Coffee - Malaysia, South Korea
- Hudsons Coffee - Australia
- The Human Bean - founded in Oregon, U.S.
- Indian Coffee House - India; over 400 locations
- Insomnia Coffee Company - Republic of Ireland
- Intelligentsia Coffee & Tea - Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
- Nairobi Java House - Headquartered in Nairobi, chain selling export quality Kenyan Coffee.
- J.CO Donuts - Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines
- Jittery Joe's - U.S.
- Joe Muggs - owned by Books-A-Million; U.S.
- Juan Valdez Café - headquarters in Colombia; coffee shops in South America, North America, Middle East, East Asia and the Caribbean
- Jamaica Blue - a franchise business of Foodco which operates small coffee shops throughout the Australia, New Zealand, UK, China, Malaysia, Singapore and United Arab Emirates
- Kaffebrenneriet - Norway
- Kardomah Cafés - chain of coffee shops in England, Wales, and a few in Paris, popular from the early 1900s until the 1960s, but now almost defunct
- Krispy Kreme - global, based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- McCafé (owned by McDonald's Corporation)
- Michel's Patisserie - Australia
- Mikel Coffee Company - Greece, Cyprus and United Arab Emirates
- mmmuffins - Canada
- Mud Coffee
- Mugg & Bean - South Africa
- Muzz Buzz - Australia
- Nairobi Java House - Kenya
- Pacific Coffee Company - based in Hong Kong, with branches in Singapore, Cyprus, China, and Malaysia
- Paris Baguette - based in Seoul, South Korea, with branches in U.S., Singapore, China, and Vietnam
- Pasqua Coffee, U.S., acquired by Starbucks in 1999
- Paul Bassett
- Peaberry Coffee - U.S.
- Peet's Coffee & Tea - U.S.
- Philz Coffee - U.S.
- PJ's Coffee - based in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
- Port City Java - U.S.
- Pret a Manger - UK, U.S., Hong Kong and France
- Raees Coffee
- Revelator Coffee - Southern United States
- Ritual Coffee Roasters - San Francisco, California, US
- Robin's Donuts - Canada
- Seattle's Best Coffee - U.S.
- Second Cup - Canada
- Secret Recipe - Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia and Myanmar
- SPoT Coffee - headquartered in Toronto, locations in Canada and U.S.
- SPR Coffee - China, Taiwan
- Starbucks - global, headquartered in Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters - U.S., headquartered in Portland, Oregon
- Tchibo - Germany
- Tim Hortons (also owns Bess Eaton) - Canada, U.S., U.A.E, Saudi Arabia
- Timothy's World Coffee - Canada
- Tom N Toms - South Korea
- Torrefazione Italia - U.S.
- True Coffee - founded in Bangkok, Thailand; has locations in Thailand, Cambodia and People's Republic of China
- Trung Nguyên - Vietnam, Singapore
- Tully's Coffee - U.S., headquartered in Seattle, Washington
- A Twosome Place - South Korea
- UCC Ueshima Coffee Co. - Japan
- Wayne's Coffee - originated in Sweden, locations throughout Scandinavia and Saudi Arabia
- Williams Fresh Cafe - Canada
- Woods Coffee - Washington, U.S.