List of colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi
The University of Delhi (UOD), informally known as Delhi University (DU), is a collegiate public central university, located in New Delhi, India. It was founded in 1922 by an Act of the Central Legislative Assembly. As a collegiate university, its main functions are divided between the academic departments of the university and affiliated colleges. Consisting of three colleges, two faculties, and 750 students at its founding, the University of Delhi has since become India's largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world. The university currently consists of 16 faculties and 86 departments distributed across its North and South campuses and an enrollment of over 162,000 regular students and 261,000 non-formal students. The Vice-President of India serves as the University's chancellor.
The University of Delhi is composed of 77 affiliated colleges and 5 other recognized institutes.
- Ahilya Bai College of Nursing
- Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy
- Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya
- Nehru homeopathic medical college and hospital
- College of Nursing at Army Hospital (R & R)
- Durgabai Deshmukh College of Special Education
- Holy Family College of Nursing
- Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya Institute of Physically Handicapped
- School of Rehabilitation Sciences